The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
What are some of thes best ways to moisturise extra dry afro hair. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
What are some of thes best ways to moisturise extra dry afro hair. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
What are some of thes best ways to moisturise extra dry afro hair. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
What are some of thes best ways to moisturise extra dry afro hair. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
What are some of thes best ways to moisturise extra dry afro hair. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
What are some of thes best ways to moisturise extra dry afro hair. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
What are some of thes best ways to moisturise extra dry afro hair. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
What are some of thes best ways to moisturise extra dry afro hair. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
What are some of thes best ways to moisturise extra dry afro hair. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
What are some of thes best ways to moisturise extra dry afro hair. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Desiree

Visitor
Visitor
African hair is the driest hair in the planet. In fact i think the reason it doesn't grow as fast or as long as other types of hair is because of breakage caused by the dryness. I used chemicals on my kinky hair for 8 years before i decided to chop it all off. I must confess that during that period my hair grew longer than it ever did but later on became badly damaged due to hazardous hair practices. Now the theory i have why it flourished was because my hair was straighter therefore i eliminated a lot of breakage from the tangling and it was easier to comb as opposed to the daily 'tag of war' combing i had with my afro hair. I didn't have to use excess heat to get it straight as i had to with my natural hair which required daily flat ironing. Also it was easier to moisturize. It took in moisturizers pretty well infact dryness was a thing of the past and my main concern at that time was split ends which was easy to deal with. Then i went through a period of insanity when i started bleaching my hair and dyeing my hair at home and needless to say my hair packed its bags and ditched me and all i was left with was some scantily confused patches of hair which i later cut off. I decided to start afresh. It had been so long since i saw my natural hair that i had totally forgotten how it looked and felt. Its been three years now and am still learning a lot. I've managed to hide it in weaves and braids for i do not know how to handle it. The dryness is driving me crazy i have used all the moisturizer i cud think of and nothing works. I even bought a steamer. I have used natural oils like olive oil, coconut oil and castor oil but they just sit on top of my hair. My hair has failed to absorb anything. Its crispy and looks like a ball of tangled knots. I do not use heat. And i do not want to go back to chemicals. I want to learn more and fall in love with my God-given hair but its a quite a challenge i will not lie. All i know as of now is that my hair gets even drier with even the most moisturizing of shampoos so i just use conditioners and that kinda helps. And i wash it once every week. Anyone with useful tips and/or has other hair stories of their own please feel free to share.

jennyatson

Visitor
Visitor
Although not an essential oil, lanolin, which is a manufactured byproduct of sheep’s wool, is also a permeable oil that is sometimes found in hair products. However, its use as an ingredient is not as prevalent as it used to be because it’s more expensive than mineral oil to produce. Since I’m waaay to lazy to make my own products and too cheap to go the essential oil route, I will occasionally purchase a product that has lanolin in it. In minute quantities, my hair really responds well to this type of oil.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com