The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
lightening progress Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
lightening progress Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
lightening progress Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
lightening progress Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
lightening progress Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
lightening progress Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
lightening progress Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
lightening progress Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
lightening progress Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
lightening progress Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

1lightening progress Empty lightening progress Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:51 pm

Nubian

Nubian
Quiet Type
Quiet Type
lightening progress my bumblebees........... please share?
hows your lightening coming along and what r you using please share?

2lightening progress Empty Re: lightening progress Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:09 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Have been usimg makari and F & F with mminimal results, at the moment. I did do a 30% glycolic peel and I did see a slight difference and my skin is definitetly looking flawless. I also have started to use adapalene 0.1% gel at night, which is gentler than retin A, but again feel that this is giving me a boost in my lightening goal along with the peel. Am looking forward to seeing where I will be in a months time.

Last edited by MAHARANI on Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:29 am; edited 2 times in total

3lightening progress Empty Re: lightening progress Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:11 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Acually if there is one thing I can recommend, is that if your skin can tolerate it, then everyone should invest in a good retinoid. It really does make your skin look great, not to mention all the anti aging benefits.

Last edited by MAHARANI on Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total

4lightening progress Empty Re: lightening progress Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:26 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Oh I forgot to mention something else. As you can see, I went a bit mad with the credit card over Christms !!! LOL. I have also purchased a vitamin C ( L ascorbic acid) serum. This is another product that I think is a good investment for anyone who wants to achieve glowing skin in addition to all the skin plumping and aiding in helping with overall brightening that this product may give. Definitely will help to keep skin looking youthful.

5lightening progress Empty Re: lightening progress Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:26 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Maharani tell me more about this adapalene 0.1% gel and where do you get it? The Ra 0.05% I like overall and my skin has been adjusting to it, but I still get peeling and sometimes it can be a bit embarrassing. For my forehead I have been using 0.1% because the acne scars were the darkest there. Still using the hq 4% and retina, I'm still considering if I should order more or Sally's and try the Nadinola.

Where did you get your vitamin C serum? I want to add this too, to have more glow.

Nubian what is your current skin regimen?

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

6lightening progress Empty Re: lightening progress Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
The adapalene I originally got from a Uk company so that I could test how it would work on my skin. I have used retin A before with no problems, just did not like the lots of peeling. Adapalene is supposed to give you all the same effects of Retin A but with less peeling and it tends to be tolerated more by daker skinned individuals. I have now placed a bigger order at ADC,so if you want to try it, as I know you are already a customer, this could be an option.

7lightening progress Empty Re: lightening progress Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:01 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
I purchased the vitamin C serum from skin beauty solutions on ebay. However their shipping was pretty slow and I understand that sometimes the company does send out the wrong item. They do rectify any problems but please bear this in mind if you do decide to try it. You may find the shipping quicker as you are based in the US anyway, as well.

I have also found another good source. More expensive but am hearing good things. It's a company called cosmetic skin sloutions and I will probably try them next when I run out.

8lightening progress Empty Re: lightening progress Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:21 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Cosmetic skin solutions, I'll have to check out too. I still havent purchased any vitamin c serum yet. I was waiting until my face calmed down more with the retin-a. lately I have been receiving compliments on how smooth and clear my face is looking now. I can only imagine how it would look once the vitamin c is added.

9lightening progress Empty Re: lightening progress Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:15 pm

sonny1988

sonny1988
Visitor
Visitor
i am using mono20% produced by mac lab from last 1 month. i haven`t got any results yet. there was no side effect from it as well. i was wondering if it is real mono or not? i have ordered kojic acid soap from philipenes now lets see how both work together.

10lightening progress Empty Re: lightening progress Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:52 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
sonny1988, what sort of lightening are you trying to achieve? I am gussing as you mentioned side effects, that you are aware of some of the possible outcomes of mono usage.

11lightening progress Empty Re: lightening progress Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:11 pm

sonny1988

sonny1988
Visitor
Visitor
i have natural fair indian skin but i am planning to go upto 4 shades lighter by any means. i have been using mono from one month without any results of lightening. my face is 1 shade and neck 2 shades darker than my body. i can make an easy comparision between them. when i see some differenciation between these parts only then i can say somehing about my lightening progress.

12lightening progress Empty Re: lightening progress Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:56 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Well, your already quite fair. Possibly exfoliation (including a papaya/kojic soap) along with sunblock will help remove some of your tan on your face and neck, since the rest of your body is naturally lighter.

Are you using any other types of exfoliants Sonny?

13lightening progress Empty Re: lightening progress Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:16 am

sonny1988

sonny1988
Visitor
Visitor
no nothing. i haven`t received my kojic acid soap yet. but i am eagerly waiting for them.
i used to blech and apply all kind of packs before, but i dont do that anymore. i am hoping to achieve some results from mono and kojic soap only.
if these products wont work then i really dont no which product can help me to achieve the skin tone i want. will you be able to help me with that?

14lightening progress Empty Re: lightening progress Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:17 am

sonny1988

sonny1988
Visitor
Visitor
have you heard of vahid? as per his posts on askhelpdesk he achieved some great results.

15lightening progress Empty Re: lightening progress Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:31 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Yes, I have heard of Vahid from AMHD and in his posts he mentioned he used mono, other than that I no little about him.

16lightening progress Empty Re: lightening progress Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:48 pm

mobster

mobster
Visitor
Visitor
Well, I actuilly have been using the normal
4% Hydroquinone, with 0,1% Retin A
for about 3 months now,
the first 2 months, i have seen a significant difference on my skintone
it have lightened about 1 shade, but I am getting frustrated
as it seem the progress is going too slow.

I have also been using the 10% Mequinol for a month with Hydroquinone.
soo far, the progress is very slow.

I wonder,
if I tried some very low percent like 3% monobenzone.

allthough everyone is saying, that Mono,
causes incredible side effects
even Haiji who didnt want to listen to us, are now
regretting he have used the product.

17lightening progress Empty Re: lightening progress Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:23 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Hey Mobster, glad to see you. I wonder if another type of exfoliant like lactic acid will help boost your results? 3% mono from what I have read, wouldn't give much results if any, but I'm unsure. Yes, Haiji had later mentioned to me that he was beginning to have bad chest pains (I believe this was the area of where he was applying the mono if I'm not mistaken).

How often do you apply the Ra?

18lightening progress Empty Re: lightening progress Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:03 am

mobster

mobster
Visitor
Visitor
I apply the Ra, every morning, after I wash my face with the
alpha hydroxy acid soap, It burns and i get all red,
and after 10 mins. I apply the 4% HQ.

Is just my progress that seem very slow,
i might try, a product with lactic acid,
do you have any other creams
that you think, I should try, this month,

Oh I thought, that Haiji, got skin discoloration,
I might try to apply, some monobenzone
in a very small area, to test it.

It reacts differently to each person, thats what i heard.

I just wish, I knew a site that sold more then 4% HQ

I only know Monobenzone.net and they ripped me off
I never got my product, and they stopped emailing me,
as soon as i completed my order.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by mobster on Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : monobenzone.com changed to .net a mistake lol)

19lightening progress Empty Re: lightening progress Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:52 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Mobster, it's normally advisable to apply retin A at night, as using it in the day may make your skin more sensitive to the sun. Golden Girl is right that maybe using something like a lactic acid peel may help boost your results. I would stop using the Retin A for a few days before and after the peel. Choose a low percentage and always take it easy in terms of how long you keep it on the skin. You don't want to make things worse by keeping it on too long. And don't forget to do a spot test to check how your skin reacts to the peel.

Oh and hopefully you are making sure to wear sun protection every day.

Interested to know what skin colour you started at and what you are trying to achieve.

20lightening progress Empty Re: lightening progress Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:02 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
By the way, was just thinking that as you mentioned that your skin burns when applying the Retin A after using the the AHA soap, maybe you should think about using a less irritating soap/ cleanser. This daily routine may be overdoing it and may be slowing down the lightening results. I have used Retin A and it has never giving me a burning sensation. Sometimes if we aggravate the skin too much, this in itself can cause darkening or slow down the results.

21lightening progress Empty Re: lightening progress Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:46 pm

Boricua1

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
Mobster you should try making your own HQ cream.... one the other forum they have a good recipe from one of the girls.. search under "mixing high percentage Hydroquinone" and it should come up... try that.. first on a small area to see if it will irritatae you or not... then see.. i am experienceing some slowing on the HQ 4 too... I think it just works that way... and it hasn't even been that long that i've been using it.. maybe since november... and it irritates me... my face seems to lighten (even though i put it everywhere .. but it just feels pink and irritated... and i don't want just my face to lighten.. i have lightened a little bit... but I feel i keep falling back into the same shade lol after a while or i have light days and dark days

22lightening progress Empty Re: lightening progress Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:46 pm

mobster

mobster
Visitor
Visitor
Thanks for the advice,
for Maharani,
I never get any sun exposure, as I live in Scandinavia,
and I work alot from home,
But i get what you are saying,
i stopped using the retin a, for a few days now,
and only applying the HQ,

It burnd, most when i began using the product,
in the first few weeks,l
it burn alot less now,

and for Boricua1
I have actuilly tried to make my own,
cream, it didnt go that well,
I have some pure hydroquinone left,

I just wish, that some of those,
who are good at making them,
sold them,
I would definently buy.

23lightening progress Empty Re: lightening progress Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:10 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Yeah I agree with Maharani, the alpha hydroxy acid soap maybe a bit too much to use, since your also using ra and hq. I remember my face feeling so irritated as I was washing with the Likas right before I applied the Ra. But it was too much for my skin, a more gentle facial soap (possibly liquid) or authentic black soap may be best. I now apply the Likas 2-3x weekly, but still use it for my arms since the skin is thicker there.

Boricua that is a good idea, Mobster you can try making your own Hq if you want. It will take much practice and you'll have to be cautious with hq oxidizing from light and air, improper formulation, etc. I hope to try this maybe sometime this year to help lighten the body. I remember seeing an hq formulation there, but I can't remember the percentage if it was 4% or higher?

A couple of days ago I ordered Nadinola (3% hq) and fair & white exclusive gel whitenizer off Amazon, so that should arrive sometime next week. I also went ahead and ordered more Hq, Ra, and latisse. Im also have been considering trying makari's lightening serum since theres a sale going and I havent tried it yet, except for the sample size that lasted a few days. But, I feel a little guilty on buying all of this..

24lightening progress Empty Re: lightening progress Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:12 pm

mobster

mobster
Visitor
Visitor
wow yeah thats alot you bought, golden girl,
I will buy the black soap, this month, and
i also wanna try the movate cream,

25lightening progress Empty Re: lightening progress Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:28 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
yeah...it was a lot. I hope I wasnt trying to feel in a void..lol? Because I'm usually careful with spending except this time. So maybe I'll hold off on the makari serum. You know movate is a steroid-based lightener, so you'll have to be cautious with that. I would rather you try F&W exclusive gel which cost me around $14, or what Maharani mentioned with taking a few days break from the ra and try lactic acid.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com