The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
lightening progress - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
lightening progress - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
lightening progress - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
lightening progress - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
lightening progress - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
lightening progress - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
lightening progress - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
lightening progress - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
lightening progress - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
lightening progress - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

1lightening progress - Page 6 Empty lightening progress Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:51 pm

Nubian

Nubian
Quiet Type
Quiet Type
First topic message reminder :

lightening progress my bumblebees........... please share?
hows your lightening coming along and what r you using please share?

126lightening progress - Page 6 Empty Re: lightening progress Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:36 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I forgot to add how important it is that you exfoliate, wear protective sunscreen 50 spf or higher, 70 would be better and use a good moisturizer

127lightening progress - Page 6 Empty Re: lightening progress Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:29 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Thank you guys, much appreciated!!

Well I am giving myself 4 months to achieve optimal results so I think that should be fine. I am 22 years old and I was wondering, if I use the retin (where can I get it? Is it readily avaliable?), not only will I get lighter but will also help with anti-agining? Am I not to young for anti-agining? Or is it a matter of prevention rather than cure?

Please can someone tell me roughly how the peels work and what they are for..

Thanks,

PorcelainSkin

128lightening progress - Page 6 Empty Re: lightening progress Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:48 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
you can find retin a at alldaychemist and they come in different percentages.

and as for the peels it's supposed to remove the dead skin cells... hmmm, just think of like putting on lotion with your clothes on, thats the dead skin.

you can even make your own.

i use oatmeal(uncooked)salt and lemon juice. leave it on for 5 min and rub off.

buuuut, not to hard. once i removed live skin, lots of it, no scar though

129lightening progress - Page 6 Empty Re: lightening progress Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:35 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Yes___ I mean no is right a peel is similar to taking off a dirty coat and having a nice clean shirt on under it.

No 22 is not too young, its more important that you take care of your skin now so that years later your skin isn't like leather. Lol
With the ret a it is better to start at a low percentage so as not to irritate the skin then you can increase once you see how your skin reacts to it.

My opinion on antiaging creams are that they minimalize things such as crows feet not get rid of them.

You can also use lemon juice to lighten if you want a HP treatment

130lightening progress - Page 6 Empty Re: lightening progress Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:29 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Hi,

Okay, but I want to lighten my skin by two shades, so I think I might have to use somethign alittle stronger than lemon juice. Okay, so retin is great for anti-aging too right? Is it safe to use long term??

131lightening progress - Page 6 Empty Re: lightening progress Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:35 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
PorcelainSkin asked
so retin is great for anti-aging too right?

thats what they say

Is it safe to use long term??

i don't know, but to tell you my opinion using anything for a long period of time does something, be safe and use it for a couple months then break to something else

132lightening progress - Page 6 Empty Re: lightening progress Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:42 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
What can I use after retin that does the same job it says it will do?

PorcelainSkin

133lightening progress - Page 6 Empty Re: lightening progress Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:02 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Yes is righ using a chemical for long periods will do something.

With the ret a it basically helps the hq to penetrate the skin deeper. Hq, if I remember correctly, inhibits the cell melanin which is what gives skin color. You will shed the top layer and underneath will be a lighter layer of skin, this is where exfoliators come into play by hlping to shed the dead cells faster. Just so you know, it does dry out the skin so moisturize.

For an alternative I know of some that went to mq after achieving their desired color with hq but the ret a really helps to penetrate the skin.

134lightening progress - Page 6 Empty Re: lightening progress Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:04 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
i think something like makeri...or something like that, but theres always HQ

135lightening progress - Page 6 Empty Re: lightening progress Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:11 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
So what would you recommend if I want to go two shades lighter and something I can use long term? Can I get retin-a in any pharmacy or just specialized pharmacies? And can I get the peels anywhere as well? So I peel plus use exfoliators as well? And still use skin lightening creams right? How good is makari?

136lightening progress - Page 6 Empty Re: lightening progress Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:30 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
retin a can be bought from alldaychemist.com with different %.
thats seems to be the only place, everyone orders from there. peels you can make or buy anywhere.

i have never used makari but golden girl does and her before and after pictures are amazing,like 4 5 shades at the lest

137lightening progress - Page 6 Empty Re: lightening progress Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:37 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Alldaychemist.com sells ret a
Amazon or ebay should have the peel or just google it
You don't have to peel with the creams but it does help, exfoliating helps by shedding dead skin cells much quicker then the 28 day cycle

138lightening progress - Page 6 Empty Re: lightening progress Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:46 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Where can I see photos of Golden Girl?

139lightening progress - Page 6 Empty Re: lightening progress Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:50 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Well there is a section of before and after photos but you have to reacha certain ranking, privileged I belive, to see them. She along with maharani is one of the moderators

140lightening progress - Page 6 Empty Re: lightening progress Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:52 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Yes I know Golden Girl, have spoken to her several times, I just have seen any photos. I would love to see the photos though Sad

141lightening progress - Page 6 Empty Re: lightening progress Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:04 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
PorcelainSkin,

Not sure if you have mentioned this already but have you undertaken any sort of lightening regime before? And are you trying to remove sun damage, hyperpigmentation ? What sort of skin type do you have and what is your starting colour? Do you have a celebrity who you can compare your skin tone to?

142lightening progress - Page 6 Empty Re: lightening progress Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:27 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Porcelain skin here is some more info on hq
Hydroquinone is a skin-bleaching agent that is used to ighten areas of darkened skin such as freckles, chloasma lighten areas of darkened skin such as freckles, chloasma(also known as melasma), age spots, and acne scars. Hydroquinone is available as a 2% cream for topical application. Hydroquinone can be purchased from a application. Hydroquinone can be purchased from a pharmacy. The trade name in New Zealand is Eldoquin®️. Some doctors' offices may sell other brands with concentrations up to 4%.

Hydroquinone works by decreasing the production and ncreasing the breakdown of melanosomes (melanin pigment granules) in the skin's pigment cells (melanocytes) pigment granules) in the skin's pigment cells (melanocytes) It does this by inhibiting the activity of tyrosinase, the enzyme needed to make melanin.

In most cases, lightening of skin should be seen after 4 weeks of treatment. Sometimes it may take longer to see any change but if no bleaching effect is seen after 3 months of treatment, you should stop using hydroquinone. treatment, you should stop using hydroquinone. To increase the effectiveness of hydroquinone you should stay out of the sun, or wear protective clothing and use a SPF50 sunscreen when outdoors. Do not use sunlamps or tanning salons It is important to use hydroquinone regularly as directed until you achieve the desired bleaching, after which use only s needed to maintain results. A few times a week should do it.

Test for skin sensitivity before using by applying the cream to a small patch of hyperpigmented skin. If no redness or tching occurs within 24 hours, begin treatment. Clean and dry the skin before applying a thin film of cream twice daily to the area(s) in need of bleaching. Rub into the skin well Apply just enough to cover the affected areas and avoid applying to normal skin, as this will lighten as well. Hence treatment. treatment. Do not apply near the eyes, mouth, and other mucous membranes Avoid using other medicated topical products (particularly peroxide products)on the same area at the same time peroxide products) on the same area at the same time unless directed to do so by your doctor When using non-medicated cosmetics, sunscreens, and moisturising lotions, apply hydroquinone first, then wait several minutes before applying them over the top.

Hydroquinone cream is very well tolerated. Some women may experience minor and temporary skin irritations ncluding mild itching or stinging and reddening of the skin including mild itching or stinging and reddening of the skin( irritant contact dermatitis). If these do not subside stop using the cream. Side effects that should warrant stopping the cream and seeking medical advice immediately include severe burning, tching, crusting, or swelling of treated areas (possible itching, crusting, or swelling of treated areas (possible allergic contact dermatitis) and any unusual skin discolouration. discolouration. Prolonged use of hydroquinone has been associated with the development of exogenous ochronosis (a persistent the development of exogenous ochronosis (a persistent blue-black pigmentation), especially in Africa, but this is rare.

143lightening progress - Page 6 Empty Re: lightening progress Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:35 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Continued.......

. It might be due to( the ochronosis that is) other ingredients such as phenol, rare. It might be due to other ingredients such as phenol, resorcinol and antimalarial agents, which are known to resorcinol and antimalarial agents, which are known to cause ochronosis.

Do not use benzoyl peroxide, hydrogen peroxide, or other peroxide products when using hydroquinone. A temporary dark staining of the skin may occur. If accidentally used together, wash the skin with soap and water to remove the staining. staining. Hydroquinone creams may contain sodium metabisulphite that may cause serious allergic reactions (including anaphylaxis) in certain susceptible people. It also is not advised to use this if you are pregnant and/or breats feeding.

Well I hope that helped, mine fingers hurt from typing lol

144lightening progress - Page 6 Empty Re: lightening progress Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:11 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Hi,

Not sure if you have mentioned this already but have you undertaken any
sort of lightening regime before? And are you trying to remove sun
damage, hyperpigmentation ? What sort of skin type do you have and what
is your starting colour? Do you have a celebrity who you can compare
your skin tone to?

Yes, I have tried skin lightening regime before, in fact I only used to use a white soap and Derma gel plus, which really lightened my face, although it started burning my skin and left a few dark marks. I only used it on my face though so my face looked lighter than my body. I recently started using a cheap black soap for the entire body but i noticed that my arms are darker than before so i stop using it. now i just use a normal whitening & nourishing body milk for every day use. im also now using other cheap facial products, I am in Malaysia, so they are cheap locally made products but I havent seen much change. Plus i steam my face about twice weekly, put on a mask once in a while, and squeeze fresh lemon juice in my cleanser before i wash my face and i havent seen much change either. im actually getting a few rashes on my skin.. i would like to lighten my skin not only to get two shades lighter but also to remove a few pigmentation marks, remove the little pimples and rashes, get a radiant glow (im only 22 by the way) and also rid sun damage aswell. i have had great skin all my life but i also think the skin ligthening products i used were not good for long term and they contained high percentage of hq, and i used other skin ligtehning products (bio-claire without hq) and they did lighten me more on my face and not on my body.. i have a combination skin but lately its become very very oily.. my starting colour, i cant think of a celeb but i would describe it as an almond colour, like the colour of the skin outside the white part of the almond, so its a dark caramel colour.. i would like to go two shades lighter though.. i was ligter when i was young and i guess when i got older, i just became darker.. please help me!!

145lightening progress - Page 6 Empty Re: lightening progress Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:20 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Alizee Love,

Thank you so much for all ur info, my word, lol, you've helped alot. So would you advise me to use the hq 2% that i can get at any pharmacy as my facial moisturiser for skin lightening in addition to peels (lactic acid), exfoliation, etc?? What can I use as my facial wash though for whitening? Or can i also use it on my body? Or perhaps i can get a stronger concerntration of hq, perhaps 4% for my body instead? Is it safe to use hq for long term and maintenance once I've reached my desired skin tone? Do you use hq yourself?

PorcelainSkin

146lightening progress - Page 6 Empty Re: lightening progress Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:35 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
i think alldaychemist has HQ 4%, cheap to. a lot of people put that on there bodies.
use papaya-based facial wash will help to lighten your face
you can also check out facial wash with Glutathione in the ingredients

147lightening progress - Page 6 Empty Re: lightening progress Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:10 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Well the 2% I'm not sure how well it works but if your not very dark and are worried on how your skin might react, a low percentage is a good place to start. I am going to use the hq, it has not yet arrived, but I did use fair& white which was reported to have 8% hq in it once before; I'm unsure of the percentage now. Since you live in the asian area I would think you could find Liksa soap which is supposed to work fairly well. Just remember to not rush through it; you don't want to damage your skin.

You can find cheap hq at alldaychemist.com for like $2 a tube but remember there is a standard $25 shipping fee so many buy in bulk to off-set the cost.

148lightening progress - Page 6 Empty Re: lightening progress Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:11 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Okay great, so I can just use Likas soap to wash my face, and apply a peel too, plus a hq facial moisturiser? so can i use the peel for my elbows n knees too? i have rather darker lips so i would like to lighten them as well, what can i use to lighten my lips? what do i use to wash my body with for ligtening and what body lotion can i also use in addition to sunscreen?

149lightening progress - Page 6 Empty Re: lightening progress Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:22 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
From what I know the Likas is used for your whole body, not just your face. As I said in earlier posts, you can use the peel on your knees and elbows. It is recomended you wait 3 to 4 days before you apply the peel and after you apply. For the lps I have no idea

150lightening progress - Page 6 Empty Re: lightening progress Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:31 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Fantastic, thank you so much for the information.

Will definitely keep in touch,

Much love*

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com