The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Please Beware of Dishonest User Reviews & Comments Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Please Beware of Dishonest User Reviews & Comments Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Please Beware of Dishonest User Reviews & Comments Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Please Beware of Dishonest User Reviews & Comments Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Please Beware of Dishonest User Reviews & Comments Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Please Beware of Dishonest User Reviews & Comments Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Please Beware of Dishonest User Reviews & Comments Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Please Beware of Dishonest User Reviews & Comments Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Please Beware of Dishonest User Reviews & Comments Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Please Beware of Dishonest User Reviews & Comments Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please Beware of Dishonest User Reviews & Comments

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged

Personally speaking, everyone should be cautious when it comes to false reviews that poses as informative by any marketers or anyother suspicious activity that is marketed and advertised, thus not coming from factual users or customers. But from advertisers.

Please take the time to read the following important information:

..........................................................................................................................
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

User reviews in skin lightening websites and forums offer powerful credibility

Claims made by websites or companies selling skin lightening products are naturally met with some degree of skepticism. After all, they want to make money. Most people are aware of this fundamental fact, so they typically take product claims with a grain of salt.

But as sellers and products (and even [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) have become less trusted, people have sought out other, more reliable sources of information – such as online user reviews and comments.

Online user reviews and comments in skin lightening forums and websites (like this one) naturally carry much more credibility than product ads do because they seemingly come from a neutral third-party.

People read user comments online and think:

• This is a real person.
  • This was written by someone just like me.
  • This person has the same problems/issues/worries/desires as me.
  • I can trust what they say
  • If it worked for them, it’ll work for me.

For unscrupulous or dishonest sellers, fraudulent marketing or spreading product claims through “real user” comments, reviews and testimonials can be a goldmine. Trust sells. And it sells very well.

However, it is helpful to remember that anything you read online, however genuine they might sound, are really just words typed by a faceless someone, whose motives are completely hidden from our view.

Know this: Anyone can type in anything. Let me repeat that, because it is so important. Anyone can type in anything.

Please understand, I am not saying that we should mistrust everyone’s words on the web. That’s no way to live. Besides, I truly believe there are more good people in the world than bad. There are a great many honest online user reviews that have helped countless people, including myself.

But there are also [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] out there, and skin lightening boards, forums and websites seem to be particularly rife with aggressive and manipulative sellers posing as users. It’s important to know that they exist because this will minimize the chances of us being duped out of our money and more importantly, our health and well-being.

How can you tell what’s real and what’s not?
It’s impossible to always tell the real from the fake online. However, there are several things you can look out for to protect yourself.

In skin lightening forums, pay attention to a few red flags:

• People who are exceedingly exuberant about a product. For example, expressing excessive jubilation about how something is “wonderful”, “amazing”, “a miracle”, “completely changed their skin”, etc etc. Pay attention to the kind of language used, they are engineered to target and manipulate the desperate.
  • Posts with positive and agreeable replies from newly-registered users. These could be all from the same person. (Unfortunately, many scammers have built up multiple user registrations at forums over a long period of time. Some have even built credible stories and personalities for each “person”. )
  • People who get overly defensive, “hurt” or angry when other posters have viewpoints different from their own. This is not normal behavior. If a product works well for person A, but not for persons B & C, most people in person A’s shoes will not care very much and just move on. Excessive anger, feigned “hurt”, indignation and defensiveness are not normal user and consumer behavior. Unless of course, someone’s sales are being hurt.

On skin lightening websites:

• Watch out for likely conflicts of interests. When skin lightening advice is being offered, are they also selling the solution (i.e. skin whitening creams, skin whitening soaps, whitening pills, etc)?

Collected user testimonial pages (product reviews) are very easily embellished and can sometimes even be wholly fabricated. All it takes is a little creative writing. Unfortunately, there is not much you can do to find out which ones are real and which were written by the seller. So unless you can find similar testimonials elsewhere, don’t put too much stock in them.

Do you know of any other common red flags?

Pinocchio's nose grew longer with each lie. It's not so easy to tell when it comes to online fraudsters.

This post has received an inordinate amount of suspicious e-mails and comments. I feel it is my duty to warn unsuspecting readers.

Suspicious e-mails

1. E-mails from "a lawyer"

To date, I have received e-mails from a (supposed) lawyer representing Au’bede Distribution Inc., the exclusive distributor of Fair & Flawless skin care products. This person, who used a yahoo e-mail address, asked me to remove a specific comment cited below (from a commenter called Charlene) that mentioned the poor effects the cream had on her.
Charlene:
I am a former Fair and Flawless user. After a month of using the product my face and neck started swelling up like a blowfish and my skin became blotchy. My skin still hasn’t recovered after a year. I believe this contains steroids if you know what is good for you don’t use it!

I refused to take down the comment without sufficient evidence. However, in the interest of fairness, I also asked for product lab test certification that would easily prove there are no harmful ingredients in the product. I said I would be happy to post this proof on the website. However, this person did not furnish this certification and have ceased further e-mails. (To this day, my offer to post this evidence here remains.)

2. E-mails from Nikki2000 and Mandy Sweet
I then received two e-mails from a Nikki2000 and a Mandy Sweet. Both using yahoo e-mail addresses. Oddly enough, Nikki2000 and Mandy Sweet later confessed to me that they were actually the same person. Like the lawyer, the request was for the same comment (Charlene’s comment) to be removed.

However, unlike “the lawyer”, Nikki2000/Mandy Sweet’s e-mails to me were significantly more vehement. But perhaps this is because “lawyers” (even so-called ones) have no choice but to maintain a professional tone, and “regular folk” can just say what they want. But let’s not split straws here… there’s more.

Suspicious comments

You cannot always trust what you read online. People post online comments under different names all the time to influence any number of things. However, this was just too blatant for me to ignore.

On 17 April 2010, three comments were posted coming from the same I.P address and within the space of 10 minutes (see the screenshot below).

Using three different names, this person encouraged the conversation as if they were three different people. However, he/she carelessly used the same e-mail address (most likely out of laziness because e-mail addresses are not viewable to readers).

You can still read all the original comments as I’ve not removed them.

Fake comments from the same commenter.

Here are two more suspicious comments with the same e-mail addresses (again, probably out of laziness as these are not viewable to readers) and using two different names within the same day.

Two more suspicious comments.

I suspect there could be more of such fake comments. Read through them and you’ll start seeing a pattern for some in particular.

Unfortunately, with this update, this person (and others) will now know to mask their identities better. Therefore, I ask you to please exercise caution and take ALL the comments posted to this article with a large grain of salt.

Further information:

Last edited by Golden Girl on Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:03 pm; edited 4 times in total

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net
Share this post on: reddit

Golden Girl

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:22 am by Golden Girl

I would like to add in relations to poster Nikki2000:

Private information were faded out for privacy reasons.

MAHARANI

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:44 am by MAHARANI

It is a very sad fact that not everything is as it would appear to be and unfortunately we will come across many many many times, people, whose only agenda is to promote their products, and do this in a totally dishonest and false manner.

Hopefully this will make us all think twice when we see a RAVE review about a product. And this also applies to posts that have been purely made to discredit. There is nothing better than an honest and frank review, but please do take care and research research research before deciding to part with your money.

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:56 pm by cordellpuss

Yea i'm so careful ,but anyways i always thought something was up with this nikkicute girl.

LiteNYellow

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:13 pm by LiteNYellow

Well, some may really need the evidence to know what tries to go on behind scenes and how common this actually is. The lengths that some would do to make money and market the wrong way, as it's real obvious and dishonest. Which isn't fair at all to us, the audience or buyer because we want and need to know.

LiteNYellow

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:15 pm by LiteNYellow

A good thing to keep in the back or front of our minds is that sellers main goal is to sell and make money, closing in the deal regardless how it is done. Sad.

Kandiluv

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:25 pm by Kandiluv

I'm speechless. I mean you know these kinds of things are happening but you never really know who to believe sometimes because it might be painted as just different views or disagreements. until you really see things like this and them being exposed for what their really doing. some would do anything to sell. i wish all sellers who are making false claims like that are all just exposed.

I know sometimes one minute a person will be really nice until you say something about their products and they get all fiesty and red over it. I have to agree with that one for sure.
I just don't like feeling cheated or tricked because some people are really, really good with convincing with words and even being around for years and years so it's easier to trust. Even worse certain groups and other places, you know some offer really helpful advice and are real. And some allow spamming and that's all their really expert with. so cover ups go on more than we think because i heard some get paid extra money to cover up for sellers and sellers are allowed to spam. so everyone gets a piece of the pie but the users get cheated for buying a product off from false claims. If people don't research before they buy its really a naaag.
but it's much better than never ever knowing whats really going on. I'm going to try and read and research much more now. thats just scary.

Kandiluv

Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:14 am by Kandiluv

I never believe customers testimonials from companies anymore. But, i see these fake testimonials must happen more than i though. how do you know who to believe then? Sometimes I think "you know what? this is a real person who can relate to me" LOL but I guess I was way off.

Kandiluv

Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:18 am by Kandiluv

cordellpuss wrote:Yea i'm so careful ,but anyways i always thought something was up with this nikkicute girl.
me too! when people start screaming and feeling offended over your experiences of something you used then that is a BIG red flag if you didn't like it much. and if you did then they are your bestest of friends.

sara

Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:19 am by sara

Kandiluv wrote:
I know sometimes one minute a person will be really nice until you say something about their products and they get all fiesty and red over it. I have to agree with that one for sure.
I agree too if someone going to go mad, because you don't like something that is a big RED flag for me.

Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:54 pm by skin lighten beauty

Speaking about red flags, I was reading on Sammy Sosa today of what lightened him. It must still be a close guarded secret. But I saw some heavy red flag advertising from someone trying to sell Se quiiso and the 80xf from someone talking to themselves using 2 different names named "Fadi" and "Issa". [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Same person advertising fair & flawless on there, strongly pushing that Sammy Sosa used it to bleach his skin. It looks really odd, theres some other red flag advertisements of tonique and a makari code. Lots and lots of red flags. But no one knows what Sammy really used, maybe something from his dermatologist instead.

Post Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:44 pm by Ondine

Thanks for the detailed warning! Most of us who have experience with these types of forums can sniff a scammer out at 30 metres. That being said, they are becoming both more prolific & more clever. Another thing to watch is a thread from a newbie saying something like:

" The Best Way to Treat/Get rid of/transform_____"

This usually begins with a tale of woe about how awful their skin used to be because of ______. They mention how they used to look into the mirror & cry BOOHOOHOO. Then, just when they'd given up all hope, a friend gave them some __________. They were sceptical at first, but gave it a try any ways. After________ weeks, they saw a huge 'difference' (probably in their BANK BALANCE!). Now, they've transformed into a social butterfly. All the guys (or girls) are jealous. They're dating Johnny Depp & had to fight off Leonardo Di Caprio.

You guys get the idea. These people make their posts look like public service announcements by a good Samaritan. Don't be fooled! They're selling something.

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:14 am by ashleejenna

hmm it seems we have to be very carefull before considering any one's advice. thanx a lot admin Smile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com