The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Empty Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:13 am

Nita

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
Hi everybody,

I am new in this forum,

I'd like to have your review concerning Nadinola.
Does it lighten efficiently? I have Gabrielle Union's skin tone and I'd like to have Beyonce's one.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

2Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Empty Re: Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:52 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Hi Nita,

A very warm welcome to the board. Hopefully the members can help you in achieving your goal and you can share your journey as you progress.

Nadinola Extra strenth has been recognised as an effective lighterner with it's 3% Hydroquinone content. This should not be confused with Nadinola de luxe, which has mercury in it and should NOT be used. Our administrator, Golden Girl, has used the extra strength version with good results. It is important to remember that we may have to test something out to see what will work well for us. With it's mineral oil content, this has made some people break out. But as it is affordable it is definitely worth testing. And you can always test it on a small area first, which is generally a good idea when using these types of products for the first time. You should also take into account what your current skin condition is at the moment, be it oily, sensitive etc.

You may find that using nadinola along with Retin A will help to speed results and means that the HQ absorbs more readily and effectively. If you prefer you could try HQ at 4% which can be obtained from all day chemist or reliable RX, along with the Retin A, should you decide you want to try this combination.

And do make sure that you have invested in a good quality sunblock and avoid the sun as much as possible, as embarking on any lightening routine ultimately makes your skin more sensitive to the sun. It also means that you are are protecting your progress. Let us know a little more about yourself in terms of skin type and hopefully we can help you reach your goal. Best of luck.

3Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Empty Re: Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:48 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
I have heard good things about it too. It was what I was going to use originally to help clear up my dark marks but as ambi specified they were for marks I tried them first.

4Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Empty Re: Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:37 pm

Nita

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
thank you Maharani and Kim.

5Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Empty Re: Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:56 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Your welcome Nita. Please let us know if you decide to try it and how it works for you.

6Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Empty Re: Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:02 pm

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
hey I saw the nadinola you were on about with the mercury on ebay. Didnt think you would be able to get it so easily. Hope the people who bought it know what they are putting on their faces

7Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Empty Re: Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:41 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
It is very frightening thinking how easily obtainable such dangerous products are. I just wish it was not possible to make the products in the first place. Unfortunately there is a demand for cheap products that can give rapid results. I know from experience that even my hairdresser gets asked to buy some when she goes to Jamaica from several of her clients. I anonymously let her know of the dangers of such products but I doubt that will stop many, sadly.

8Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Empty Re: Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:05 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I tried the nadinola extra strength and it didn't do anything for me. Maybe a lil brightening

9Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Empty Re: Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:30 am

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
How long were you using it for and were you using it with anything else? Did you make sure to use good sun protection and avoid the sun in general ?

10Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Empty Re: Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:06 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I cant remember how long I tried it for but it was at least a couple of months. I used it on it's own. I don't really go out in the sun so have not really bothered with sun protection. A lot of them leave you looking pasty anyway so would look dreadful on my dark skin

11Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Empty Re: Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:19 am

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I don't know if you know of a product called Retin A but you may find it useful to incorporate it into your regime. A lot of people have found it aids in lightening. It helps the Hq absorb more readily and helps exfoliate the skin along with having anti aging abilities and great for acne. It is a strong product so you have to gradually introduce it to your skin by using it only a few times a week at night ONLY. It comes in different strengths from 0.025% up to 0.1% which should only be used by those who have used retin A for some time.

I must say that everyone should be using sunscreen even if you don't go out when it's sunny. Even on cloudy days and in the winter months the sun can do it's damage. So unless you are only out at night then you should think about using something. There are sunscreens that do not give that white caste that I think you are talking about. I am not saying that they are going to look like you are wearing nothing but some are better than others

here is a list of the better sunscreens offering better protection than some

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

12Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Empty Re: Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:15 pm

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Hey I just seen from that link that sum thing I was using before has a really poor rating. I stopped using it a while back but good to kow not to buy it again. I cant find the one I am using now but I was planning on trying out the purple prarie which I have come across before. Anyone else tried it?

13Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Empty Re: Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:41 pm

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Gothqueen where can I get that retin A to try? The link you gave me for the sunscreen has so many I don't know which one is the best. I don't want anything that is going to make me look like a ghost.

14Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Empty Re: Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:06 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
I get my retin a from reliable rx or all Day chemist. The shipping is high for both but what most do is buy in bulk to make up for it. Reliable is a little cheaper in their shipping and I find that they are quicker in their shipping. There has been a lot of talk about spam email that you receive when you purchase from all day but you can just use an alternative email address.

Better still if you have an understanding doctor could see if you can get a prescription for it.

15Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Empty Re: Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:55 pm

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I don't know which one to chose. There are quite a few to select from. Please could you advise me

16Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Empty Re: Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:17 am

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Most go for the gel as it sinks into the skin well but if your skin is particularly dry then you could go for the cream. You could start off at the 0.05%

17Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Empty Re: Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:48 pm

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I would just add that when you get it that you must introduce it to your skin slowly. Retin A is a strong preparation and it is easy to over exfoliate and cause irritation which can lead to skin darkening which is what you do not want. you can start by applying it once every 3 nights to see how your skin tolerates it. If you have no adverse reaction you can increase the frequency if you want but as retin A stays in your system for 72 hours this may not be necessary. Lastly I must stress that only a very small amount is needed, when you use it. A pea sized amount should be enough to smooth over your face and neck

18Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Empty Re: Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:04 pm

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
quiamontana wrote:Gothqueen where can I get that retin A to try? The link you gave me for the sunscreen has so many I don't know which one is the best. I don't want anything that is going to make me look like a ghost.

From my personal experience as the best ones have zinc/titanium in them they do tend to leave a slight white colouring though, but sink in eventaually for me. The only one that I have used that left absolutely no residue was this one. it is pricey but it sinks straight in. They do have a discount on it at the moment though

If your skin is dry then you may be ok with soleo. May need a liitle gentle rubbing to make it sink in but I feel very protected with it. Other options may be the vanicream or burnout. You could try also using a light dusting of a coloured mineral powder if you are worried about any chalky residue

19Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Empty Re: Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:02 am

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
Whatever you do, don't get the marie veronique. It was very drying on my skin and made me look like I had been playing in flour !!!! lol

20Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Empty Re: Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:56 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
thank you. I will try the devita but it is sold out. Is there eanything else that does not show on the skin?

21Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Empty Re: Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:26 pm

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
well devita is the only one that sinks absolutely in but the others I mentioned should be ok as long as you make sure that you have rubbed them in gently and thoroughly. A bit of coloured powder should also help if that is still not sufficient.

22Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Empty Re: Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:03 pm

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
ok thanks. I will try one of the others you said but keep checking when the devita is back in stock.

23Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Empty Re: Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:28 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I have to admit after saying it did nothing for me that I can now say that nadinola does work but I had to use retin a as well to get results. It may work for others on it's own but I must have tough skin that needs that bit extra for the nadinola to work

24Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Empty Re: Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:05 pm

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
Thats good news. It sounds like you may have had a build up of skin that was acting as a barrier and preventing the hq from really penetrating and getting to work. I think that is why bodies are notoriously difficult to lighten because of the thicker skin

25Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Empty Re: Have you ever tried NADINOLA? Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:32 am

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
quiamontana I am happy that you are seeing some results. I know the fustration of trying something and seeing absolutely nothing.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com