The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Using Topical Exfoliants to Shed Skin and Look Younger Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Using Topical Exfoliants to Shed Skin and Look Younger Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Using Topical Exfoliants to Shed Skin and Look Younger Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Using Topical Exfoliants to Shed Skin and Look Younger Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Using Topical Exfoliants to Shed Skin and Look Younger Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Using Topical Exfoliants to Shed Skin and Look Younger Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Using Topical Exfoliants to Shed Skin and Look Younger Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Using Topical Exfoliants to Shed Skin and Look Younger Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Using Topical Exfoliants to Shed Skin and Look Younger Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Using Topical Exfoliants to Shed Skin and Look Younger Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Using Topical Exfoliants to Shed Skin and Look Younger

Recently, beta hydroxy acids (BHAs), or a combination of AHAs (alpha hydroxy acids) and BHAs, have appeared as ingredients in skin care products.

While both AHAs and BHAs act as exfoliants, it has been claimed that BHAs are effective in reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and improving overall skin texture, without the occasional irritation associated with the use of AHAs.

AHA ingredients: are glycolic acid, lactic acid, malic acid, citric acid, glycolic acid + ammonium glycolate,alpha-hydroxyethanoic acid + ammonium alpha-hydroxyethanoate,alpha-hydroxyoctanoic acid, alpha-hydroxycaprylic acid, hydroxycaprylic acid, mixed fruit acid, tri-alpha hydroxy fruit acids, triple fruit acid, sugar cane extract, alpha hydroxy and botanical complex L-alpha hydroxy acid, glycomer in crosslinked fatty acids alpha nutrium The most commonly used and most effective AHAs are glycolic and lactic acids. Both of these easily penetrate the skins surface, and they have the most accumulated research on their functionality and benefit for skin.

Glycolic and Lactic acids dissolve the "skins cement" that binds the dead skin cells to the surface of your skin. The AHA exfoliation allows the newer cells underneath to come to the surface. Eliminating the dead cells can unplug pores, allows normal oil flow through and out of the pores, allows skin moisture by enhancing moisture uptake and binds water to the skin.

AHAs and BHAs use a chemical process to penetrate the skin, versus scrubs that scrape the exposed area of skin. AHAs and BHAs only exfoliate, or remove the dead/damaged skin cells and leaves the healthy skin cells alone. Most skin care companies utilize up to 10% AHA .It is highly recommended to use sunscreen as AHA causes skin sensitivity and you may burn easier. Wear a hat with a brim of at least 4 inches, long sleeve shirt, and sunscreen of SPF 15.
Remember: Sun Protection used everyday is the Best Wrinkle Preventer.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Golden Girl on Thu May 20, 2010 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

2Using Topical Exfoliants to Shed Skin and Look Younger Empty re Thu May 20, 2010 3:37 pm

rocksmart8020

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
your post is really remakable. it is very beneficial to me. thanks for sharing your knowledge with us.

thanks again [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

does nose
right work

cordellpuss

Accepted
Accepted
Thank you Golden Girl for this post, i am using a Fair&White Exfoliating soap with lactic acid that really helps alot.

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Thanks guys, but for this one I have to give the credit to the Pioneer Thinking. Many of us know how retinoids can work great for our skin and has many benefits. Lactic acid also is a great exfoliant, especially for sensitive skin and skin that produce more melanin since it is gentle, lightens some over time, makes your skin very smooth, and really helps with scars, acne spots, blemishes, etc.
But, for the past several weeks I'm noticing really smooth, brightened, and polished skin with the glycolic acid/mulberry root serum (makari). I have resumed to using the nadinola 3% on my face as well since my goal is to lighten more than brighten, so I'm glad my skin is beginning to show signs of lightening again. The percentage of glycolic wasn't mentioned, but I'm assuming it may possibly be around 10%.

Cordell which lactic acid product are you using and at what strength?

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
Wow GG. I am glad you are getting better results incorporating the acids in your regimen. Mulberry is said to be a natural lightener too and many people have used this (the powder) in lightening products. I have done tca peels in the past and this really helped to exfoliate dead skin and produces brighter smoother skin. Great info by the way.

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Big thanks Allure. For me, mulberry seem to be more of a mild skin lightener and not really potent on it's own for brown skin and maybe work better with other skin lightening agents. Then again, I do not know the percentage they have used, although it is one of the ingredients near the top.

Which brands of TCA peels and percentages have you used, and price range of them?

cordellpuss

Accepted
Accepted
Golde Girl Ask:
Cordell which lactic acid product are you using and at what strength

I'm using Derma Solution 40% lactic acid peel.

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Thanks, really nice. About how much do you buy it for?

cordellpuss

Accepted
Accepted
Golden Girl!! i bought it for $9.99 on ebay it is a 30ml 1oz.bottle.

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Very nice, do you have a link? I have used lactic 50% from Skin Laboratory for around $18, but I'm always in search of better bargains.

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
Golden Girl wrote:Big thanks Allure. For me, mulberry seem to be more of a mild skin lightener and not really potent on it's own for brown skin and maybe work better with other skin lightening agents. Then again, I do not know the percentage they have used, although it is one of the ingredients near the top.

Which brands of TCA peels and percentages have you used, and price range of them?
GG I have used TCA peels from platinumskincare.com. The prices ranges from anywhere from 15 to $104 plus depending on the strength. I know that the prices are ridiculous but I trust platinum and have gotten some good products from them. You can do a search for competitive prices though.

cordellpuss

Accepted
Accepted
Golden Girl here is a link:

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
wow allure !! $104. !!! That stuff better be good !! I did notice that the sizes are bigger than some place. It looks like they give a lot of info on the site, which is good.

The last place I bought TCA from, was on ebay. It was a while ago now, but it did help to significantly fade a scar that I had.

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Here is a link to allure's TCA

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
I know, $104!
Thanks for the links guys. I may have to try a higher strength lactic acid for the remaining scars on my body, the 50% has heped fade a few of my scars completely but still some remain. I may have to start with a tca 12%, as I have never used tca peels as of yet. I see they have L-ascorbic acid as well.

jadamiranda

Visitor
Visitor
I use Gentle Buffing Cleanser from Omorovicza which has pineapple and rosemary extracts for exfoliation and Cyleina organic tomato soap (tomato is rich in AHA).

http://www.omorovicza.com/us

hasan007

Accepted
Accepted
Every man are want to look like a younger but if our skin look like a old man how to its possible.There are are many man said you many tips but special tips is regular care and wash our skin.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com