The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
First topic message reminder :

Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique: CanThey Actually Whiten, Lighten, & Brighten the Skin?

This is an honest and unbiased review done for the products of Fair & Flawless and Tonique Skin Care. I decided to write this review based on the experiences of others along with the stigma and false claims marketed from advertisers in order to confuse potential customers. Sellers nor marketers should be able to profit from one's curiosity of what is effective and what is not. For those who are interested in trying one or the other, or both, but would like to learn more information about them first feel free to read as well as share your positive and negative experiences.

Fair & Flawless pH5.5XF Intensive Skin Whitening Gel
:

Original cost was estimated around $200 and currently on sale for $99.97; 4 oz (on sale perhaps due to the prices of Tonique's products).

Ingredients: Pure Aloe Vera Extract, Purified Sea Water, Sorbitol, Glycereth-26, Corpus Crispus (no data found on what this is unless also misspelled), White Tea Extract, Allatoin (misspelled word of Allantoin), Lemon Extract, White Ginger Extract, Carbomer –940, Wild Chamomile, Alpha Arbutin, SepiWhite Msh (undecylenoyl phenylalanine), Glycolic, Lactic and kojic Acids, tamarind extract, Malic Acid, Apple extract, Horse Chestnut, imidazolidinyl Urea, methyparaben (misspelled word of Methylparaben), Fragrance.

Tonique 10x Intense Skin Whitening Gel

(or cream): $99.95, 4 oz

Ingredients: purified sea water, aloe vera gel, ginko biloba extract, ginseng extract, Sepiwhite MSH (undecylenoyl phenylalanine), sepicalm VG, Sepinov EMT 10, extracts of watermelon, cucumber, mulberry, marigold & mulethi root, alpha arbutin, lactic acid, glycolic acid, vegetable glycerin, vitamin E, propylene glycol, natural fragrance

I will be listing the known positives as well as the negatives about BOTH brands in an unbiased manner. Both have been proven to give positive results for skin lightening, as well as having their flaws.

Pros:
*BOTH were supposedly sent to a laboratory to be properly tested and the results were claimed to be equally safe. Free of mercury, steroids, hydroquinone, heavy metals, and toxins. Although, result documentations have not been made visible in order to thoroughly judge either one.

*BOTH possibly contain the lightening agent Undecylenoyl Phenylalanine also known as the name brand Sepiwhite.

*BOTH has potential to lighten the skin.

*BOTH products have similar lightening ingredients, accept for one containing more of the synthetic lightening agent Undecylenoyl Phenylalanine and the other containing more
Kojic Acid.

*Tonique is known to have good customer service, responding quickly, professional, and friendly to customers and potential customers.

Cons:

*Tonique has given several customers skin irritations, rashes, and negative side effects (possibly due to the high amounts of AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acids) and large amounts of Sepiwhite (10x) more than what is required such as 2%).

*Tonique seemed to not have a high successful rate on brown pigmented skin, in comparison to fair pigmented skin.

*BOTH companies have very high prices for very small quantity. Although the cost to make the lightening product is actualy inexpensive to make. Tonique is slightly less expensive, and F&F is currently on sale for about the same price.

*Fair & Flawless products tend to lack in consistency and their stability with the formulas. Having caused inconsistency with skin lightening, negative skin reactions such as acid burns, skin thinning, or may have none or minimum lightening results at times. Skin thinning has been reported, possibly due to the high levels of fruit acids and 5% Sepiwhite claimed to contain, in which 2% Sepiwhite is the required amount.

*Fair & Flawless tend to have unstable customer service for their customers and potential customers. Many, including myself, I have spoken with them on several occasions. Phone calls and emails can either be quite friendly or rude, people not receiving a response or response in a rude manner.

I believe more products should honestly be reviewed from previous customers in order for the products to be improved and to have a greater evaluation. Keep in mind that the cost to make these products are much cheaper than they are sold. Personally, I do believe that customers and potential customers do have the choice to say what they would like to see improved or changed. As the saying goes "the customers are always right". Although definitely not always, but this does mean that the customers are there to have needs met and questions answered in order for a product(s) to improve and progress.

Please feel free to give your honest review and personal experiences with the Fair & Flawless and/or Tonique Skin Care products that you have tried. Whether they are positive or negative experiences.

Last edited by Golden Girl on Sun May 16, 2010 1:18 am; edited 39 times in total

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
MAHARANI wrote:Oh and I remember now that it is Allison that says she removed 8 shades using F & F. So if you're reading this, please share your pics !! LOL

LOL! Yeah I remember reading these claims before. If the owner had lightened 8 shades from their product, then there should be no problem to show untouched photos. Show photos of the hundreds and thousands of successes. I rather see unaltered before/after photos of customers anyday than read a page long of testimonials. Testimonials can be written by anyone, fact.

I remember contacting makari during the time I was using it and I offered to submit my before/after photos with my eyes covered in exchange for some free makari products. Unfortunately they said no, but instead they could exchange with me another 10% off on another purchase....10% off of $50 = Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique - Page 2 Lol basically nothing but a few coins you might find in the sofa. I already have about 4 unexpired codes for the 10% off, it was a turn off.

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Gosh I can't believe that makari would be so mean. They have made a ton of money, especially when it was very popular.

This is when comapnies are working on a false economy. They should realise that a photo is so inspirational and can be the single thing that makes a potential buyer who is being a bit cautious about spending their money, decide to go ahead.

My dear, that photo could have made them EVEN more money. Silly silly silly. Unfortunately now, so many people are now dissappointed with it, that you don't hear as much about it now. Oh well.

skin lighten beauty

Accepted
Accepted
I don't understand if many companies say they care about our skin and sell natural skin lightening products, but they charge so high for them? If they care how come they do not care about our pockets? I don't want to use dangerous stuff but, I don't have the money to pay for expensive skin care because I have to pay my bills.

29Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique - Page 2 Empty :S Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:43 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
MAHARANI wrote:Gosh I can't believe that makari would be so mean. They have made a ton of money, especially when it was very popular.

This is when comapnies are working on a false economy. They should realise that a photo is so inspirational and can be the single thing that makes a potential buyer who is being a bit cautious about spending their money, decide to go ahead.

My dear, that photo could have made them EVEN more money. Silly silly silly. Unfortunately now, so many people are now dissappointed with it, that you don't hear as much about it now. Oh well.

Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique - Page 2 Icon_cry that's how I felt at the time..lol, I don't know I had assumed they were going to say sure, so I had taken all of these photos of my before and after pics of my arms, face, and hands so that's what I naturally thought that they would have been pleased to put me in some brochure with my b/a pics.
But, I noticed it's less discussed these days because it breaks many people's skin out with acne, I guess I was lucky but just 10% didn't do it justice. But, it's all cool now and it actually encouraged me to look at other less-expensive options. Because I was lightening my body with it, so that meant more jars and more $$$. Well, maybe someday they'll also tweek their ingredients to prevent so many bad reactions. Makes me wonder if a few of these natural skin lightening brands are using one or more of the same ingredient that's actually causing these issues?

Kandiluv

Kandiluv
Accepted
Accepted
Sorry but I was reading at the other forum a day ago and lol..what's the problem with the girl "N********"? temper, f&f supports this? I hope not.

And there any photos of Allison's results? I want to see. Because I just want to lighten maybe 2 or 3 shades. and is it permanent?

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
skin lighten beauty wrote:I don't understand if many companies say they care about our skin and sell natural skin lightening products, but they charge so high for them? If they care how come they do not care about our pockets? I don't want to use dangerous stuff but, I don't have the money to pay for expensive skin care because I have to pay my bills.

Well it's all about the profit, as far as they are concerned. I dare say they think very little about the person who is unable to purchase their products, no matter how desperate they may be.

You know I heard someone say that part of the reason why so many of these companies harp on about the dangers of HQ, is because they know it is a much much cheaper alternative to lightening, so best to bash the competition out of the way.

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Golden Girl wrote:[

Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique - Page 2 Icon_cry that's how I felt at the time..lol, I don't know I had assumed they were going to say sure, so I had taken all of these photos of my before and after pics of my arms, face, and hands so that's what I naturally thought that they would have been pleased to put me in some brochure with my b/a pics.
But, I noticed it's less discussed these days because it breaks many people's skin out with acne, I guess I was lucky but just 10% didn't do it justice. But, it's all cool now and it actually encouraged me to look at other less-expensive options. Because I was lightening my body with it, so that meant more jars and more $$$. Well, maybe someday they'll also tweek their ingredients to prevent so many bad reactions. Makes me wonder if a few of these natural skin lightening brands are using one or more of the same ingredient that's actually causing these issues?[/quote]

Funny you should say that, cos I am hearing that some people have been getting breakouts from the 5xf F & F, although in it's defence the compaany do clearly say that it should be used on the body only. And as you know Tonique gave me a bad rash. So like you say, there may be something they are all including in their products that is aggravating to the skin.

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Kandiluv wrote:

And there any photos of Allison's results? I want to see. Because I just want to lighten maybe 2 or 3 shades. and is it permanent?

Kandiluv, it is so easy for Allison to make big claims over the phone. I could say I achieved 10 shades of lightening, but it means nothing without the photo evidence or unless I am someone you know you can trust, like a friend or family member.

Allison has a vested interest in promoting their extensive line of products and she is good at her sales patter. But she need sto step up and show some proof.

Like I have said before F & F does work but only when you get the right stuff. There are too many occasions when they send you something UNLIKE what you received before. I have not come across another company that behaves in such a manner.

If I ordered makari, I would get the same makari over and over and the same for almost all of the numerous other companies I have ever dealt with.

Bj

Bj
Accepted
Accepted
Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique - Page 2 Icon_scratch I didn't know customers had immediate access to post their several reviews so easily and quickly. My guess is that she is glowing by now with each review!

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
MAHARANI wrote:GG, did you see Nikki's review at the bottom of the F & F page I pasted ?

Sorry, I totaly missed it!!
I read the top information but completely missed Nikki's review.
Really interesting read for the Se Quiiso Crema review
http://www.fairandflawlessskin.com/shop/lightening-complexion-serum.asp

..along with the Facial Lightening Cream review
http://www.fairandflawlessskin.com/shop/facial-lightening-cream.asp

..and the Crème` De` Laser
http://www.fairandflawlessskin.com/shop/item.asp?cID=0&PID=78

..and the Fair & Flawless pH5.5XF Intensive Skin Whitening Gel
http://www.fairandflawlessskin.com/shop/5xf-body-lightening-gel-2.asp

..and the (to be continued)

Now reading it, I notice how it doesn't read as a common review from customers. Very well-written, I must say she is a "pro" at it..

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Bj theres an online f&f form to submit, although I am sure they all go through an intensive analysis first in order to make the cut. As the other common complaints from customers such as high pricing and instability I was unable to find. The Skin Lightening body bar soap looks to be a pleasant soap to use, looks nice too. Allison is very crafty with her words and marketing, but theres nothing like factual evidence to show for it. Kandiluv some people in life we have to learn to ignore and brush aside when they do or speak in a nasty negative manner.

High-end companies using scare tactics towards customers in order to drive higher sales and high prices is kind of sad really. But, I guess that's why it's called Capitalism.

skin lighten beauty

Accepted
Accepted
I know this a off topic but I recently bought 2 tubes of fair and white exclusive gel and one neutrogena grapefruit scrub. wish me luck.

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
skin lighten beauty, Wishing you the best of luck with your new regime. When you're ready maybe you could start a thread and give us regular update on how you get on. It definitely seems to be giving lots of people good results.

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Wishing you much success girl with this, remember to stay consistent and use a good sunblock with high spf.

skin lighten beauty

Accepted
Accepted
Thanks everybody, I will write a review soon after my experience. Maharani I hope yours will be successful too. GG how is your lightening regimen coming along so far?
What sunblock works best so I will not tan? Is there anyother one's beside the neutrogena?

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Are you not a fan of the neutrogena range then ? It seems quite popular. Another one that is liked is the La Roche Posay Anthelios XL SPF 50. Haven't tried it myself though.

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
I know I'm hooked on neutrogena sunblock. I hate the thick hard sunblock that makes my face look grey. In the beginning I hated so much of the idea of having to wear sunblock on a regular basis just to help prevent tanning, I literally felt imprisoned about the idea of it. Now it's became a just a habit and part of daily life like washing my hair, brush teeth, etc. It's just about finding the best one for you.

I have heard great things about the La Roche as well.

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
I would never leave the house without sunblock. I even use a lower spf in the winter.

Kandiluv

Kandiluv
Accepted
Accepted
ok, I did check to see if I could find what Winnie Mandela uses on her skin. I couldn't find anything on this, unfortunately. But off topic, I found mostly negative things about her. Is it true and is she a good person? I mean, I read she is Nelson Mandela's ex-wife. but what about all of the other things said about her?

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Go on then, Dish the dirt. What did you find out ? LOL

I know that being marrried to Nelson, you would have to be a saint, as this man is held in such high esteem .

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I see this tread hasn't been touched for a hot minute.

Skin lightening beauty- how is the lightening going? Its been a month so I thought you may have results by now?

Regarding f&fl

I have mixed feelings about this company. On the one hand their products do seem to really work and they do state quite clearly how you should and shouldn't use their products. But the downside is all the complants of skin thinning; however, it does seems many of these people used too much or used a body cream for the face; you never do that. Then there is this allison person claiming to be 10 shades lighter but unable to bck her claims and getting agitated when you question her. I don't much care for the hard selling method or saying you can buy the formula that's tweaked just for you, for th low cost of $500 dollars or so and then promptly bcktracking when you beat them at their own game and feign interest. Lol lastly, the reformulating of their products. First it was too strong, then not strong enough and now its a toss up. I would like to try them but I just don't know.

I myself use banana boat 50 spf. Its a sheer formula, light, no scent, soaks in well and last all day ( fpr me anyway)

Kandiluv

Kandiluv
Accepted
Accepted
How much does the banana boat sunblock cost you Alizee love?

I think skin lightening beauty gave an update on the fair & white thread the other day. she say she has lightened more, I wonder if GG heard back from the company yet on how much hydroquinone is in their gel creme? Some others are using it too here, I would like to hear how they are coming along too.

It's hard for me to know if they used too much product or not? how much is too much since the size is small? I tried searching a few days ago for any news on pure perfect's fixed product but could find nothing. couldn't find any new reviews on it either.

Kandiluv

Kandiluv
Accepted
Accepted
MAHARANI wrote:Go on then, Dish the dirt. What did you find out ? LOL

I know that being marrried to Nelson, you would have to be a saint, as this man is held in such high esteem .

Razz well, many sources say Winnie Mandela had an affair with a younger man and that's why Nelson Mandela divorced her. Also something about her being responsible for having many people killed for some reason. I don't want to sound like gossiping so I'll look for what I read and post it here when I have a chance.

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Ooohhhhh scandalous lol. I don't judge but if something lookstoo good, it probably is.

You can buy banana boat anywhere between 6 and 8 dollars I found mine at the 99 cent store lol. <----- don't judge lol.

I also sent an email to pure perfect but they aren't answering now, guess I botherd them enough so I am now emailing fair and flawless

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Alizee love,
I have to laugh because Banana Boat was one of the first sunscreens that I used years back and I too got it from the 99p store LOL. I have seen the same thing, like you, said for about £7.00 to £8.00 in the chemist. It just goes to show that sometimes there are great little finds in these shops. I have not seen it for ages now, but I remember it sunk into my skin really well and left no white caste. I cannot testify to it's effectiveness as I really do everything that I can to avoid the sun, so really only see the protection as just added security.

Last edited by MAHARANI on Sun May 16, 2010 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum hosting | Society and Culture | Beauty, Celebrities, Fashion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com