The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
First topic message reminder :

Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique: CanThey Actually Whiten, Lighten, & Brighten the Skin?

This is an honest and unbiased review done for the products of Fair & Flawless and Tonique Skin Care. I decided to write this review based on the experiences of others along with the stigma and false claims marketed from advertisers in order to confuse potential customers. Sellers nor marketers should be able to profit from one's curiosity of what is effective and what is not. For those who are interested in trying one or the other, or both, but would like to learn more information about them first feel free to read as well as share your positive and negative experiences.

Fair & Flawless pH5.5XF Intensive Skin Whitening Gel
:

Original cost was estimated around $200 and currently on sale for $99.97; 4 oz (on sale perhaps due to the prices of Tonique's products).

Ingredients: Pure Aloe Vera Extract, Purified Sea Water, Sorbitol, Glycereth-26, Corpus Crispus (no data found on what this is unless also misspelled), White Tea Extract, Allatoin (misspelled word of Allantoin), Lemon Extract, White Ginger Extract, Carbomer –940, Wild Chamomile, Alpha Arbutin, SepiWhite Msh (undecylenoyl phenylalanine), Glycolic, Lactic and kojic Acids, tamarind extract, Malic Acid, Apple extract, Horse Chestnut, imidazolidinyl Urea, methyparaben (misspelled word of Methylparaben), Fragrance.

Tonique 10x Intense Skin Whitening Gel

(or cream): $99.95, 4 oz

Ingredients: purified sea water, aloe vera gel, ginko biloba extract, ginseng extract, Sepiwhite MSH (undecylenoyl phenylalanine), sepicalm VG, Sepinov EMT 10, extracts of watermelon, cucumber, mulberry, marigold & mulethi root, alpha arbutin, lactic acid, glycolic acid, vegetable glycerin, vitamin E, propylene glycol, natural fragrance

I will be listing the known positives as well as the negatives about BOTH brands in an unbiased manner. Both have been proven to give positive results for skin lightening, as well as having their flaws.

Pros:
*BOTH were supposedly sent to a laboratory to be properly tested and the results were claimed to be equally safe. Free of mercury, steroids, hydroquinone, heavy metals, and toxins. Although, result documentations have not been made visible in order to thoroughly judge either one.

*BOTH possibly contain the lightening agent Undecylenoyl Phenylalanine also known as the name brand Sepiwhite.

*BOTH has potential to lighten the skin.

*BOTH products have similar lightening ingredients, accept for one containing more of the synthetic lightening agent Undecylenoyl Phenylalanine and the other containing more
Kojic Acid.

*Tonique is known to have good customer service, responding quickly, professional, and friendly to customers and potential customers.

Cons:

*Tonique has given several customers skin irritations, rashes, and negative side effects (possibly due to the high amounts of AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acids) and large amounts of Sepiwhite (10x) more than what is required such as 2%).

*Tonique seemed to not have a high successful rate on brown pigmented skin, in comparison to fair pigmented skin.

*BOTH companies have very high prices for very small quantity. Although the cost to make the lightening product is actualy inexpensive to make. Tonique is slightly less expensive, and F&F is currently on sale for about the same price.

*Fair & Flawless products tend to lack in consistency and their stability with the formulas. Having caused inconsistency with skin lightening, negative skin reactions such as acid burns, skin thinning, or may have none or minimum lightening results at times. Skin thinning has been reported, possibly due to the high levels of fruit acids and 5% Sepiwhite claimed to contain, in which 2% Sepiwhite is the required amount.

*Fair & Flawless tend to have unstable customer service for their customers and potential customers. Many, including myself, I have spoken with them on several occasions. Phone calls and emails can either be quite friendly or rude, people not receiving a response or response in a rude manner.

I believe more products should honestly be reviewed from previous customers in order for the products to be improved and to have a greater evaluation. Keep in mind that the cost to make these products are much cheaper than they are sold. Personally, I do believe that customers and potential customers do have the choice to say what they would like to see improved or changed. As the saying goes "the customers are always right". Although definitely not always, but this does mean that the customers are there to have needs met and questions answered in order for a product(s) to improve and progress.

Please feel free to give your honest review and personal experiences with the Fair & Flawless and/or Tonique Skin Care products that you have tried. Whether they are positive or negative experiences.

Last edited by Golden Girl on Sun May 16, 2010 1:18 am; edited 39 times in total

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I see this tread hasn't been touched for a hot minute.

Skin lightening beauty- how is the lightening going? Its been a month so I thought you may have results by now?

Regarding f&fl

I have mixed feelings about this company. On the one hand their products do seem to really work and they do state quite clearly how you should and shouldn't use their products. But the downside is all the complants of skin thinning; however, it does seems many of these people used too much or used a body cream for the face; you never do that. Then there is this allison person claiming to be 10 shades lighter but unable to bck her claims and getting agitated when you question her. I don't much care for the hard selling method or saying you can buy the formula that's tweaked just for you, for th low cost of $500 dollars or so and then promptly bcktracking when you beat them at their own game and feign interest. Lol lastly, the reformulating of their products. First it was too strong, then not strong enough and now its a toss up. I would like to try them but I just don't know.

I myself use banana boat 50 spf. Its a sheer formula, light, no scent, soaks in well and last all day ( fpr me anyway)

Kandiluv

Kandiluv
Accepted
Accepted
How much does the banana boat sunblock cost you Alizee love?

I think skin lightening beauty gave an update on the fair & white thread the other day. she say she has lightened more, I wonder if GG heard back from the company yet on how much hydroquinone is in their gel creme? Some others are using it too here, I would like to hear how they are coming along too.

It's hard for me to know if they used too much product or not? how much is too much since the size is small? I tried searching a few days ago for any news on pure perfect's fixed product but could find nothing. couldn't find any new reviews on it either.

Kandiluv

Kandiluv
Accepted
Accepted
MAHARANI wrote:Go on then, Dish the dirt. What did you find out ? LOL

I know that being marrried to Nelson, you would have to be a saint, as this man is held in such high esteem .

Razz well, many sources say Winnie Mandela had an affair with a younger man and that's why Nelson Mandela divorced her. Also something about her being responsible for having many people killed for some reason. I don't want to sound like gossiping so I'll look for what I read and post it here when I have a chance.

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Ooohhhhh scandalous lol. I don't judge but if something lookstoo good, it probably is.

You can buy banana boat anywhere between 6 and 8 dollars I found mine at the 99 cent store lol. <----- don't judge lol.

I also sent an email to pure perfect but they aren't answering now, guess I botherd them enough so I am now emailing fair and flawless

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Alizee love,
I have to laugh because Banana Boat was one of the first sunscreens that I used years back and I too got it from the 99p store LOL. I have seen the same thing, like you, said for about £7.00 to £8.00 in the chemist. It just goes to show that sometimes there are great little finds in these shops. I have not seen it for ages now, but I remember it sunk into my skin really well and left no white caste. I cannot testify to it's effectiveness as I really do everything that I can to avoid the sun, so really only see the protection as just added security.

Last edited by MAHARANI on Sun May 16, 2010 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
kandiluv,

For some reason and I really do not know why, but I am not surprised at what you have said. There is just something about Winnie. There was a bit of an age difference between her and Nelson, so maybe this is why she ended up straying. As for the possibility that she was responsible for many deaths, I pray that this is just hearsay. Nelson is such a peaceful loving man, that the thought that he married someone that could have blood on her hands just sounds absolutely abhorrent.

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Well so far banana boat is working just fine. The only sun exposure I get to the sun is when I drive in me car lol.

I suppose seeing as how winnie is involved with politics she could have blood on her hands inadvertantly.

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
I am familiar with the banana boat sunblock, but only from commercials and seeing it on shelves. I used to have a coworker who enjoyed singing their jingle whenever she saw someone with a large sized head too. So, whenever I read or hear anything banana boat sunblock being mentioned, her singing comes to mind..lol.

About Winnie I don't know. There must be some positive things about her as well hence Pure Perfect using her to endorse their products and she is in the spotlight, so I hope it's just heresay too. From reading, Winnie and Mandela were married I believe only for a few months until he was sent to prison years ago. I don't know how long they were dating really, but from reading they may not have known each other for very well in the beginning of their relationship.

Last edited by Golden Girl on Sun May 16, 2010 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Well your right he was sent to prison shortly after they married so they never had a real marriage per se.

I'm sure there are nice things about winnie, I really have no opinion either way.

Lol I sometimes wish a bunch of men in suits would follow me with yellow umbrellas

LiteNYellow

LiteNYellow
Accepted
Accepted
So sill no test results? If they passed the test then shouldn't be a problem to disclose the results to potential buyers or at least have them posted on their site.

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Well I do know on another skincare forum a member had tested FF and said it came clean but, I read within the past few months this same user now claiming he tested them again and they showed it contained steroids.

I honestly do not know what to believe anymore.

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
Based on the experience of a couple of members here I would say it probably does have steroids. Thinning skin, stretch marks and easy bruisng are dead give aways.

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Yes before I left I remember some members here who had used fair and flawless said they got thinned skin. I did use the parfait and so far havehad none of the signs of steroids, just a lighter wallet.

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
well you probably got the batch that did not have the said lightening ingredients in it. I am sure I remember reading that they have a guy who just mixes up whatever on a weekly bases. They are not professional skin care experts, just professional thieves

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
The just mix it up weekly?! Well I guess that means their products are 'fresh' lol and that would explain why some would get a second jar and not see as dramatic results as before. Th parfait felt nice and a little did go a long way, I did notice the first week I got some black dots on the sides of my forhead but they went away with the use of my handy apricot scrub and never came back, this was also the first week I had started using the crub after not having used it for a good month; I think it was just my skin purging itself.

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
But don't you think for the price you would have liked to have seen some sort of difference?

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
h*ll yes.

I paid about $65 or so for that little jar, I could have bought nadinola for $6 and used the rest for shoes Smile
I will say that after a month of use I did stop but then I started using what I had left, lasted me up until last Tuesday and I could've sworn that every night aftr I washed my face my skin looked lighter. I don't know if this was just a trick of the mind real :/

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Lol I have spent so much on things that did not work that I am with you with the shoes. Best not to think about it else you get mad !! lol

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Oh yes, shoes are always worth the money thank goodness for DSW lol.

What I meant to say above was, "I don't know if this was a trick of the mind or real." Lol stupid typos.

Anywho, I won't lie and say I'm not tempted to try the 5x gel. I thought if it worked I could use it just toget light and then switch to HQ for regular upkeep and using my apricot scrub along with a weekly body sugar scrub( feels so good).

I migh try f&w....last year a friend gave me the rest of hers and it did lighten me but I think I may have gotten darken then I was before once I ran out :3

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
hun it's not worth the money, You would be better off getting a tube of steroids and adding it to a lightener. That is basically what they have done and charged an arm and a leg for it. Believe me when I say I saw serious thinning using it and I wasn't even using it that much

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Yeah I'm so torn now lol. I probably won't get it because I like having skin without stretch marks so...Nadinola here I come.

ashleejenna

Visitor
Visitor
Thanx alot. Usefull post

skinvogue.com

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
its really very informative post...

http://www.skinvogue.com

paulwatson

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
yeah that is true post..!!!!!!!

skin care4

Visitor
Visitor
Very helpful article, thanks for sharing it, found some interesting point from here.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com