The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
How Light Can Skin Get? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
How Light Can Skin Get? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
How Light Can Skin Get? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
How Light Can Skin Get? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
How Light Can Skin Get? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
How Light Can Skin Get? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
How Light Can Skin Get? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
How Light Can Skin Get? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
How Light Can Skin Get? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
How Light Can Skin Get? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How Light Can Skin Get? Empty How Light Can Skin Get? Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:48 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged

How Light Can My Skin Get?

Technically speaking, every person, regardless of their race and skin color can get their skin to become white. So white as to be completely pigment-free. You’re probably thinking now that I’m crazy.

I’m not crazy, though. And if you’ve ever been burned by a stray cigarette or had a particularly bad scrape somewhere on your body, you’ll know what I mean.

Our skin is made up of several layers, but the layers stop somewhere. If you hurt your skin deeply enough, that injury could remove all traces of color and the color-producing cells. When that happens, that patch of skin will be completely white and could remain so, even after it heals. Even someone with very dark, black skin can have these completely white patches.

But of course, that isn’t what you want. When you’re lightening your skin, an even tone is best.
So what’s the most amount of skin lightening you can hope for?

What Is The Lightest Shade Possible For You?
Well, this really depends on the method you use to lighten your skin or dark marks. Whether you choose to use natural methods or completely chemical methods.

Natural Methods of Skin Lightening
I use the term ‘natural methods’ here loosely. You’ll see that exfoliation by using AHAs is classified as natural means below (even though these are made in a lab). This is because with gentle acids or light peels, you’re not doing much more than exfoliating the top layers of your skin to increase cell turnover – which is what your body does anyway on its own, you’re just speeding it up.

Natural Methods To Brighten The Skin Tone And Fade Dark Marks
Manual Exfoliation Acid Exfoliation (gentle types)
Dry brushing
Scrubs
Dermabrasion
Alpha hydroxy acids
Beta hydroxy acids
Low to medium acid peel concentrations
Natural fruit acids like lemon juice
Internal Methods External Methods
Raw food diet
Detoxification
Cleansing
Supplements
Sunscreens
Avoiding sun exposure
Wearing protective clothing

Using only natural skin lightening methods — consistently and successfully — can get your skin as light as it was when you were a baby. That is the lightest shade you can get naturally.
The color you were born with, before years of sun exposure and damage take its toll, is how light you can get naturally.

Why babies?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Your skin color when you were born is a good indicator of the maximum possible extent your skin can lighten in adulthood because that was your skin before the environment and your lifestyle could have an effect.

From the first year of your life to now, you would have lived through thousands of days of sun exposure, harmful pollutants, and chemicals – all of which would have darkened your skin, both internally and externally.

Some common causes of skin darkening over the years are:

• Daily sun exposure. How many thousands of hours have you spent playing outdoors while you were a kid, going to the beach, swimming, playing organized sports at school?

• Environmental damage. Damage from the environment in the form of pollution, toxins and chemicals can make your skin appear dull and darker. Unfortunately, unless you live in a rural commune these toxins are in everything you touch, eat, and drink. If you live in the city or near an industrial area, the very air you breathe is full of toxins.

• Poor diet/lifestyle. Who amongst us hasn’t eaten greasy cheeseburgers and french fries, only to wash it down with sodas? While junk food may taste good, the frightening truth is that we become what we eat. Every cell in our bodies is made up of the nourishment we choose to ingest, and eating a poor diet filled with fat, sugar and preservatives will affect your health and give you drier, darker-looking and more damaged skin.

• Hormonal changes. Hormones can wreck havor on our bodies and our skin. Some of the causes of hormonal changes include puberty, birth control pills, pregnancy, and even eating hormone-injected meat. I won’t even mention the xenoestrogens we ingest. (Oops.)

Article extracted from:

Last edited by Golden Girl on Sun May 02, 2010 4:56 am; edited 1 time in total

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

2How Light Can Skin Get? Empty Re: How Light Can Skin Get? Sat May 01, 2010 10:35 pm

skin lighten beauty

Accepted
Accepted
What are the supplements that can help with lightening since glutathione pills don't work?

3How Light Can Skin Get? Empty Re: How Light Can Skin Get? Sun May 02, 2010 10:04 am

cordellpuss

Accepted
Accepted
And why does some skin lighteners darken the skin instead of doing the opposit?

4How Light Can Skin Get? Empty Re: How Light Can Skin Get? Sun May 02, 2010 3:06 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
skin lighten beauty wrote:What are the supplements that can help with lightening since glutathione pills don't work?

As there is no such thing, as some claim, "whitening pill". Vitamin C, L-Cysteine, MSM (Sulfur), Niacinamide (vitamin B3) are among the few that has been known to help assist with this. Choosing the best brands are crucial, and if I can get it in liquid capsule or liquid form for better absorption. Glutathione pills are broken down by the digestive system, never reaching the bloodstream, where it is needed.

Yet, there is one I have been studying on called Max GXL, which contains the amino acids that helps the body to produce it's own glutathione. It isn't marketed as a "whitening pill" or "bleaching" pill, it's mainly marketed towards athletes. But, they come at a heavy price tag and I'm not for certain that they'll work. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

5How Light Can Skin Get? Empty Re: How Light Can Skin Get? Sun May 02, 2010 3:42 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
cordellpuss wrote:And why does some skin lighteners darken the skin instead of doing the opposit?

That depends on the ingredients that a certain product contains in order to understand why it is causing the skin to darken. For example, some products that exfoliates the dead skin cells away usually darkens before peeling begins. Steroid products can give quick lightened skin and may eventually begin to leave dark spots on the skin. Or what I once had, large red irritated areas on the upper area of my arms that eventually turned burnt black within a few days. Though the darkened skin did not peel nor lightened on it's own, I had to use other methods to exfoliate and fade it back to normal. The steroids had burned my arms, but at that time I didn't know that that was what it actually was. Some people also have sensitive skin that may react differently compared to someone who doesn't have sensitive skin, thus easier to have skin irritations.

Another possible reason it that everyone does not wear a beneficial sunblock high in spf. People who lighten especially as their skin becomes more sensitive due to the decrease in melanin and new skin cells being revealed and need to be protected in order to preserve and help prevent the skin from redarkening or becoming darker. Limiting the amount of sun exposure and wearing protective clothing and hats can also help with this.

6How Light Can Skin Get? Empty Re: How Light Can Skin Get? Thu May 06, 2010 10:08 pm

KB50MJ

Visitor
Visitor
Wow. I was really light when I was a baby.

To think I could actually get that light again. But that must take A LOT of doing and time to get that light again.

Wouldn't you need something stronger than 4% HQ?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com