The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
LINK: New skin lightening documentary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
LINK: New skin lightening documentary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
LINK: New skin lightening documentary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
LINK: New skin lightening documentary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
LINK: New skin lightening documentary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
LINK: New skin lightening documentary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
LINK: New skin lightening documentary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
LINK: New skin lightening documentary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
LINK: New skin lightening documentary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
LINK: New skin lightening documentary - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

1LINK: New skin lightening documentary - Page 2 Empty LINK: New skin lightening documentary Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:47 pm

Ondine

Accepted
Accepted
First topic message reminder :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here's the latest documentary on skin lightening in India by Al Jazeera. Watch, enjoy, think & respond!

26LINK: New skin lightening documentary - Page 2 Empty Re: LINK: New skin lightening documentary Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:57 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
What's the temp in NY?

27LINK: New skin lightening documentary - Page 2 Empty Re: LINK: New skin lightening documentary Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:01 pm

Enticing

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
currently its 80 degrees! but I'm indoors! Very Happy

28LINK: New skin lightening documentary - Page 2 Empty Re: LINK: New skin lightening documentary Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:40 pm

Enticing

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
kim you're not suppose to be wearing sunscreen...you're supose to be wearing sunblock!

29LINK: New skin lightening documentary - Page 2 Empty Re: LINK: New skin lightening documentary Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:17 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
It is a sunblock but I keep hearing that you can't call it that anymore because nothing can entirely block out the sun. I'm not sure???????

30LINK: New skin lightening documentary - Page 2 Empty Re: LINK: New skin lightening documentary Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:46 am

Ondine

Accepted
Accepted
I do the dodge the sun hopscotch too. I watch weather reports & strive to schedule outings for rainy or overcast days.It is supposed to rain all week so I'm scheduled up to my eyes. Lightweight long sleeved linen tunics are a great option & they look stylish too. Those of you with short hair must remember to apply sunblock to the tops of our ears too. I know a guy who died from skin cancer that began right there on one ear. Remember to wear proper sunglasses! Squinting causes wrinkles & the sun can screw up your retinas.

31LINK: New skin lightening documentary - Page 2 Empty Re: LINK: New skin lightening documentary Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:32 pm

Enticing

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
KIM wrote:It is a sunblock but I keep hearing that you can't call it that anymore because nothing can entirely block out the sun. I'm not sure???????

No you can call it "sunblock" because thats what it is...there is a distinct difference between sunblock and sunscreen.

sunscreen allows on to tan without the harmful effects of the sun...not completely but effectively.

sunblock blocks out the rays and tanning effect...not completely but effectively.

they are different...i dont know what the F.D.A is trying here.

32LINK: New skin lightening documentary - Page 2 Empty Re: LINK: New skin lightening documentary Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:30 am

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Enticing wrote:
KIM wrote:It is a sunblock but I keep hearing that you can't call it that anymore because nothing can entirely block out the sun. I'm not sure???????

No you can call it "sunblock" because thats what it is...there is a distinct difference between sunblock and sunscreen.

sunscreen allows on to tan without the harmful effects of the sun...not completely but effectively.

sunblock blocks out the rays and tanning effect...not completely but effectively.

they are different...i dont know what the F.D.A is trying here.

some info

SUNSCRE N & SKIN SELF-CHECKS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who needs to use sunscreen?

33LINK: New skin lightening documentary - Page 2 Empty Re: LINK: New skin lightening documentary Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:35 am

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
What is sunscreen & what’s the difference between sunscreen & sunblock?

34LINK: New skin lightening documentary - Page 2 Empty Re: LINK: New skin lightening documentary Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:36 am

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

35LINK: New skin lightening documentary - Page 2 Empty Re: LINK: New skin lightening documentary Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:39 am

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Best protection is sufficient covering up with clothing and sunhat and avoiding the sun.

36LINK: New skin lightening documentary - Page 2 Empty Re: LINK: New skin lightening documentary Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:37 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Avoiding the sun is a full time job for me. I don't want to darken under any circumstances so covering up is what I do even in the hottest of weather

37LINK: New skin lightening documentary - Page 2 Empty Re: LINK: New skin lightening documentary Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:08 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
It has become like second nature to me too. Ensuring to cover up as much as possible and always applying sun protection. Hunting for the shade is like a bit of a game too. It only becomes a slight issue if I am with someone else who is not as sun aware, but fortunately that does not happen too often

38LINK: New skin lightening documentary - Page 2 Empty Re: LINK: New skin lightening documentary Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:44 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Tell me about it !! I have a friend who absolutely loves the sun and it drives me mad when she wants to walk slowly and soak it all up. She is always saying that she doesn't understand why I don't like it. I tell her it gets me hot and bothered as I could never tell her I am lightening. I think she would be horrified.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com