The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Bleach and Go To JAIL Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Bleach and Go To JAIL Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Bleach and Go To JAIL Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Bleach and Go To JAIL Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Bleach and Go To JAIL Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Bleach and Go To JAIL Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Bleach and Go To JAIL Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Bleach and Go To JAIL Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Bleach and Go To JAIL Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Bleach and Go To JAIL Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bleach and Go To JAIL Empty Bleach and Go To JAIL Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:42 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
I came across this blog about the phenomenon of skin lightening in Jamiaca and noticed the end section where a country in Africa, Gabon, has taken the decsion that if one decides to "bleach" (I Hate that term) that you risk going to jail
Shocked Shocked Shocked

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Bleach and Go To JAIL Empty Re: Bleach and Go To JAIL Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:13 am

Enticing

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
KIM wrote:I came across this blog about the phenomenon of skin lightening in Jamiaca and noticed the end section where a country in Africa, Gabon, has taken the decsion that if one decides to "bleach" (I Hate that term) that you risk going to jail
Shocked Shocked Shocked

I would not even attempt to make a case agaisnt this notion as I know that I would be destroyed by a monsoon...this is just ignorance in first degree...if any one has developed cancer from skin bleaching (WHICH I HAVE READ NOOO REPORTS OF) its because they attained a product, cream or gel that had ingredents which NOT ment to used on human skin.
Futher more this whole demonstration to cease bleaching just stems from serious insecurites...its so simple...i'll never understand this...if you dont like some thing dont do it...by why try to deny other's the right! people know you look good...and they get angry at you for looking good....its the same thing Angeleyes spoke about in one of the other threads....
Christ!

3Bleach and Go To JAIL Empty Re: Bleach and Go To JAIL Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:25 am

pinkbaby12

pinkbaby12
Accepted
Accepted
KIM wrote:I came across this blog about the phenomenon of skin lightening in Jamiaca and noticed the end section where a country in Africa, Gabon, has taken the decsion that if one decides to "bleach" (I Hate that term) that you risk going to jail
Shocked Shocked Shocked

hi kim!!!! yeah in africa bleaching is bannedd but worse part is that we all know that in gabon you go to jail for even having a "makari lotion" in your bag at the airport!!! my sister got her lotion "carolite" taken from her at the gabonese airport hence it is not allowed!!! i dont know how they saw it. when she came back from gabon, she looked darker than Vybz Kartel hahahaha lol(just being sarcastic) she hates those pics of her in gabon!
if you notice well, gabonese women are very naturally dark in skin colour and not even 1% of them use HQ or any lightening products hence they dont have any shops for it, only when they travel abroad they become addicts in products i know this. because i was in university with two of them. one of them burnt herself badly with some wierd lotion...

4Bleach and Go To JAIL Empty Re: Bleach and Go To JAIL Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:34 pm

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
OMG JAAAAAAILLLLL!!! Yes I understand banning products known to cause damage to the skin but to go to jail cos they suspect bleaching. It just seems unthinkable in 2011 !!!! @pinkbaby you been a meany for laughing at sis !!!! LOL. Gosh if I was her I would have banned all pics. There is nothing worse than having your photo taken when you are not feeling good about yourself.

5Bleach and Go To JAIL Empty Re: Bleach and Go To JAIL Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:08 am

pinkbaby12

pinkbaby12
Accepted
Accepted
@yogi hahahah i couldnt help but laugh she looked like she was dark marroon not even black hahaha
but when my aunt goes to gabon she doesnt get caught with her gluta pills hence she puts it in a flu-tablet bottle and when she gets there she buys lux lotion for her body and when she is back here she buys glutathione lotion but she doesnt show any changes when she stops the gluta lotion

6Bleach and Go To JAIL Empty Re: Bleach and Go To JAIL Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:50 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
I still find it difficult to comprehend the idea that you would be stopped at all costs doing something that so many of us take for granted. I agree that banning proven harmful substances would make more sense rather than a blanket ban on the whole thing. I wonder how they wold monitor it anyay. Do they do sopt checks or does someone snitch on you? How do they prove it, as well? Do they have to find the guilty items in your possession?

7Bleach and Go To JAIL Empty Re: Bleach and Go To JAIL Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:53 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
pinkbaby12 wrote:@yogi hahahah i couldnt help but laugh she looked like she was dark marroon not even black hahaha
but when my aunt goes to gabon she doesnt get caught with her gluta pills hence she puts it in a flu-tablet bottle and when she gets there she buys lux lotion for her body and when she is back here she buys glutathione lotion but she doesnt show any changes when she stops the gluta lotion

What's lux lotion? How much glutathione does your Auntie take. There has been so much speculation as to whether glut works when taken orally.

8Bleach and Go To JAIL Empty Re: Bleach and Go To JAIL Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:14 pm

pinkbaby12

pinkbaby12
Accepted
Accepted
lux? do you know the brand that does lux soaps??? well in s.a they also have lotions just normal body milk nothing for lightening
she takes 500mg she been on 1000mg for years but she just maitaining
ofcourse gluta doesnt work on its own the molecules needs to be broken down

glutamic acid
alpha lipoic acid
glutamine
NAC
basically you need some sort of suitable oral acid meaning, VITAMIN C(ascorbic acid)and those above names are a stronger version of normal vit C.
never buy a gluta brand that only says "1000mg or 500mg of gluta ONLY" then it will not work, it must have those above ingredients to work well

well besides my diferent aunts that are using it, i am using it and look very light and natural there is no way anyone would think im lightening my skin.
i dont have a thining skin or dark parts of my body. from my scalp to my tipy toes i look equal.
so i guess its just like any ligthening lotion not every one use the same lotion hence they dont work for eveyone.

9Bleach and Go To JAIL Empty Re: Bleach and Go To JAIL Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:40 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Oh yes I have used lux soap. I thought the lotion was a special lightening product. Never knew they did a lotion. SO where did you get your glut pils from?

10Bleach and Go To JAIL Empty Re: Bleach and Go To JAIL Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:37 pm

pinkbaby12

pinkbaby12
Accepted
Accepted
i bought from the philipines Smile its actually a philipino brand Smile

11Bleach and Go To JAIL Empty Re: Bleach and Go To JAIL Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:31 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Do you have a website link ?

12Bleach and Go To JAIL Empty Re: Bleach and Go To JAIL Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:53 am

pinkbaby12

pinkbaby12
Accepted
Accepted
hi kimmy!!
oh sure

13Bleach and Go To JAIL Empty Re: Bleach and Go To JAIL Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:20 pm

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
Whaaaaaaatttttttttt!!! Are these peple crazy? !!! How can you ban it? So no one is allowed to improve uneven tones/ acne scars/ hyperpigmentation. They must be so miserable in that country. Thank God for make up but then you still have the problems when you wash your face at night and what do the guys do??? The world has gone mad !!! Pity they don't do more about the manufacturers in these countries who make really bad stuff with steroids. Now they should be sent to jail !!!

14Bleach and Go To JAIL Empty Re: Bleach and Go To JAIL Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:34 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
I totally agree. They are attacking it from the wrong angle. Get rid of the companies that are doing the real damage and work on providing safe products that can work on helping people's self esteem. It does not necessarily have to be something that bleaches significantly if that is not what they want but definitely to help those people with problem discolouration/ hyperpigmentation issues. I still don't see why someone wanting to lighten should be such a big deal but I am ever grateful that I don't live there too.

15Bleach and Go To JAIL Empty Re: Bleach and Go To JAIL Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:27 pm

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
This is totally ureasonable in 2011. A total violation of people's rights to be able to think and make decisions for themsleves. If these horrid companies that make things like Bio Claire did not exist then this would not even be an issue. Like you said, getting rid of such comapnies solves half the problem and then give edcuation on sun awareness and safe and sensible lightening.

16Bleach and Go To JAIL Empty Re: Bleach and Go To JAIL Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:39 am

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
You know you are so right. Before I came on here I had no clue about the importance of sun protecion and I don't even live in a climate that is as harsh as some countries. So I am grateful for what I have learnt and hopefully it is going to work to really get me to my goal. Have been looking a bit lighter for the last couple of days but will see how this progresses. I know things can go up and down and my new regime hasn't been that long.

17Bleach and Go To JAIL Empty Re: Bleach and Go To JAIL Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:15 pm

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Hey so if I wanna mess up my skin what business is it of anyone? Educate, yes, but dictating is just not on. If I lived in that country my arse would be out of there sooooooo quick. You are being treated like lemmings !!!!I thought I had read it all......

@ pinkbaby so they go through your luggage with a fine tooth comb? Sounds like they go through everything piece by piece. Must take ages to get through customs !!!!

18Bleach and Go To JAIL Empty Re: Bleach and Go To JAIL Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:13 pm

pinkbaby12

pinkbaby12
Accepted
Accepted
@Rainbow
oh non they use some sort of machine and when they see "bottles" "tins" you must take it out for them to see ingredients.
and worse is that there are certain security guardss who want some money like "fraud cash" and they also go through your stuff if you are unlucky...and they take your money and the products and sell to their gabonese people illegally..its crazy...my aunts's friend knew some that experienced that.

19Bleach and Go To JAIL Empty Re: Bleach and Go To JAIL Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:49 pm

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
So it encourages corruption on another level. Seriously the people who imposed this blanket ban need to re-think this and come up with a better solution because it is still getting through illegally anyway.

20Bleach and Go To JAIL Empty Re: Bleach and Go To JAIL Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:59 pm

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
And it probably encourages even worse products being used or even home made dangerous concoctions being applied, so why not just allow the safe products through. I have come across info on the net detailing using even household bleach in some places

21Bleach and Go To JAIL Empty Re: Bleach and Go To JAIL Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:05 am

pinkbaby12

pinkbaby12
Accepted
Accepted
exactly, and the worse part they are using "used lotion" of visitors entering the country lol

22Bleach and Go To JAIL Empty Re: Bleach and Go To JAIL Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:35 pm

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
So there are hygiene issues on top of this as well. Gothqueen is right they need to think about a better way of dealing with this. It is like anything that is in demand and is suddenly totally banned. People will always try and find a way around it. They say that HQ is banned where I live but I have had no problems still getting my hands on it, so what's the point????

23Bleach and Go To JAIL Empty Re: Bleach and Go To JAIL Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:45 pm

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
Oh and if things like HQ are so bad then why do dermatolgists still prescribe it??? It all makes no sense. Put the warnings on the products like compulsory sun avoidance and sun protection. Advise how long to use for before a break if necessary and where it should or should not be used but no point banning everything. I know that people will always abuse things but it is like anything else in this world. The drunk who does not know when to quit, the smoker who has managed to get to 20 packs a day. They can all be bad but are still readily available. And like you have shown pinkbaby, people will always find a way to get hold of things by any means

24Bleach and Go To JAIL Empty Re: Bleach and Go To JAIL Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:57 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Wow the thought of using someone's left overs .........And not even someone you know. Angeleyes you are right they need to do something about it.

25Bleach and Go To JAIL Empty Re: Bleach and Go To JAIL Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:48 pm

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
pinkbaby12 wrote:exactly, and the worse part they are using "used lotion" of visitors entering the country lol

This will mean using a range of all sorts of products as the user tries to maintain any results they achieve. What a nightmare.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | Society and Culture | Beauty, Celebrities, Fashion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com