The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Girlite: One Of The Most Potent Skin Lightening Agents? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Girlite: One Of The Most Potent Skin Lightening Agents? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Girlite: One Of The Most Potent Skin Lightening Agents? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Girlite: One Of The Most Potent Skin Lightening Agents? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Girlite: One Of The Most Potent Skin Lightening Agents? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Girlite: One Of The Most Potent Skin Lightening Agents? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Girlite: One Of The Most Potent Skin Lightening Agents? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Girlite: One Of The Most Potent Skin Lightening Agents? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Girlite: One Of The Most Potent Skin Lightening Agents? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Girlite: One Of The Most Potent Skin Lightening Agents? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
First topic message reminder :

Girlite: One Of The Most Potent Skin Lightening Agents?

"DeoxyArbutin demonstrates effective inhibition of mushroom tyrosinase in vitro with a Ki that is 10-fold lower that hydroquinone (HQ) and 350-fold lower than arbutin. In a hairless, pigmented guinea pig model, dA demonstrated rapid and sustained skin lightening that was completely reversible within 8 weeks after halt in topical application. In contrast, HQ induced a short but unsustained skin lightening effect whereas kojic acid and arbutin exhibit no skin lightening effect."
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In otherwords, Deoxyarbutin (dA) is:
- 350 times more effective than Arbutin
- 150 times more effective than Kojic Acid
- 10 times more effective than Hydroquinone

Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center and
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], a company based in Germany, have signed a licensing agreement through which Girindus will acquire exclusive rights to a portfolio of more than 30 patents of Cincinnati Children's related to skin lightening and dispigmentation. The technology may reduce the dispigmentation that occurs as the result of burns, skin grafting procedures, wounds, acne, chronic inflammation, side effects of drugs, and scarring that occurs during surgery and from accidents. The technology also has potential applications in the cosmetics industry.

Deoxyarbutin is more potent than Hydroquinone:

The technology is based on a compound known as deoxyarbutin. Deoxyarbutin is a skin lightening technology originally developed within the
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] In 2002, Procter & Gamble announced the donation of this technology to Cincinnati Children's. Deoxyarbutin is a compound that differs slightly from hydroquinone -- the skin lightener in most products currently on the market. Deoxyarbutin, however, is less irritating to the skin and is more stable than hydroquinone, so that it evaporates less, allows for deeper skin penetration and has greater "bioavailability." That is, it is better absorbed. "Because it began within P&G, deoxyarbutin is a more developed technology than is typically found in academic research institutions," said Joseph D. Fondacaro, PhD, director of the Office of Intellectual Property at Cincinnati Children's. "As a result, it created different licensing challenges and opportunities for us than we typically confront. We expect that Girindus is going to move this technology into the marketplace fairly quickly." Revenue generated through license agreements are funneled back into research at Cincinnati Children's intended to help the medical center reach its vision of being the leader in improving child health.

Although P&G had made technology donations in the past, the donation to Cincinnati Children's was the first time such a technology had been given to a pediatric medical center -- and the first in Cincinnati. Since P&G made the donation, researchers at Cincinnati Children's led by
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], director of the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], have continued to conduct studies and further develop the technology. Though the company no longer has an ownership interest in the technology, officials at P&G expressed pride in the licensing process. "This is how patent donations are supposed to work," says Jeff Weedman, vice president of global licensing for P&G. "The patent donee -- in this case Cincinnati Children's -- worked both to further develop the technology through its researchers and to license it through its Intellectual Property Office. This license agreement demonstrates that universities and non-profit research institutions can benefit from accepting patent donations."

Deoxyarbutin and Giridus:

Girindus is a technology-driven company offering the pharmaceutical industry comprehensive skills, including process research and development, good manufacturing practice consultation, scale-up and manufacture of active pharmaceutical ingredients and regulatory support. For deoxyarbutin, Girindus plans to work with both the pharmaceutical and cosmetics industry to bring skin lightening products to market. "We are pleased to add this unique technology to our existing product portfolio," says Fritz Link, CEO of Girindus AG.
"Skin lightening is a multi-billion dollar market and with this product we are well positioned in this rapidly growing area." Girindus is headquartered in Bensberg (Cologne), Germany, and has U.S. operations in Cincinnati and Tampa.

Last edited by Golden Girl on Mon May 10, 2010 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
I really don't believe that the 4oz cream would last a month. Remember that you are using it over your body right? I have used the 4oz sizes in cream and lotions, and that did not last for more than 2.5 - 3 wks and that was just using it liberally once per day on wet skin because I wanted it to last a while.

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged

They seemed to have came down on their prices some. The soap I believe is 7oz and seem to be the most economical, but wouldn't expect any dramatic lightening from it. Mainly exfoliation.

I wish these cremes, parfaits, gels, etc would come in a 12 or 16 oz size so that they can last much longer, but still have it at a great price.

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Me too at least the colada is 8oz but for almost 80 bucks? No thanks

Allure you might be able to make 4 oz last a month if you only need a little cream

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
It will only last for a month if I use a tiny amount on wet skin to the get product distributed evenly but then again it weakens it somewhat and others might argue that it aids in penetration of the product. I know that before I started using any kind of lightening creams, I was just using the RA on wet skin...it worked out great for me that way and it seems to penetrate the skin more.
4oz is nothing and I agree with GG and wished that these people would market bigger sizes for the ridiculous prices they are asking for it.

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
You could try mixing the parfait and other creams will equal base cream but the price is still too high for now anyway

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
Yeah, I guess I could but I'd rather use the mq in the meantime to see what will happen. It gives me more for my buck [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Mq and hq are practicaly free compared to the parfait

Kandiluv

Kandiluv
Accepted
Accepted
I know hq and mq are much cheaper. How much does deoxy arbutin cost?

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Here is part of the Deoxyarbutin dissertation:

2006 Jul-Aug;57(4):291-308.
Comparative efficacy and safety of deoxyarbutin, a new tyrosinase-inhibiting agent.

University of Cincinnati College of Pharmacy, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA.

Hamed SH, Sriwiriyanont P, deLong MA, Visscher MO, Wickett RR, Boissy RE

Abstract

Several tyrosinase inhibitors have been developed and utilized to ameliorate various cutaneous hyperpigmentary disorders and complexion discolorations. Deoxyarbutin (dA) (i.e., 4-[(tetrahydro-2H-pyran-2-yl)oxy]phenol), designed using quantitative structure-activity relationships (QSAR), demonstrates effective inhibition of mushroom tyrosinase and skin-lightening capability (1). However, its comparative safety, effectiveness, and reversibility to other known tyrosinase inhibitors in human melanocytes had not been determined. The effect of dA was assessed in cultured human skin cells, on xenographs, and with a clinical trial. Using cultured human melanocytes, the maximum concentration of dA that allowed 95% viability was fourfold greater than for hydroquinone (HQ), indicating that dA is less cytotoxic/cytostatic than HQ. The viability of cultured human keratinocytes and fibroblasts was also less compromised by increasing concentrations of dA as opposed to HQ. At the maximum concentration allowing normal cellular viability, dA effectively inhibited tyrosinase activity and melanin content in human melanocytes, whereas HQ was marginally inhibitory. Upon removal of dA, tyrosinase activity and melanin content was normalized within five days. Topical application of dA on human xenografts resulted in a gradual and visually apparent skin lightening effect during an eight-week period. In a clinical trial, dA facilitated fading of pre-tanned skin to a statistically significant greater extent than either HQ or no treatment. These results demonstrate that dA is a potentially safe, effective, and reversible tyrosinase inhibitor.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Lots of words I don't understand lol but from what I understand this sounds safer then hq and faster but they are unaware of long term affects

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com