The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 13 of 14]

1Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 13 Empty Tell Us About Yourself! Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:48 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
First topic message reminder :

Hello, and welcome to the Skin Philosophy Skin Care Forum. We encourage new members to take a moment to tell us a little about themselves--Who you are and what are your hobbies? Where are you from? What do you like and dislike? and why you chose to join our community.

If you are going to start an introduction thread, please make it worthwhile for others to read. Enjoy your time at TSP. Please read the FAQs and Rules, familiarize yourself with the stickies and announcements in the different forums, and take the time to read what you write before you post it.

Last edited by Golden Girl on Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

301Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 13 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Thu May 19, 2011 11:31 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
Glad you are using the sun protection but there is only so much a sunblock can do, so some sun avoidance will be required as well especially as you plan on using retinoids. The sun and retin A = a big disaster.

The regime sounds good but personally for me 0.1% would tear my face off. I would start off lower like 0.05 or if you have sensitive skin 0.025%. 0.1% is really for those who have built up a tolerance to retin A. You also have to make sure that you stop using the RA a few days before the peels otherwise you risk over exfoliating. Carotein did not do much for me other than dry out my skin but you may find you like it. Please keep up the updates and Happy exfoliating !!!

302Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 13 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Fri May 20, 2011 1:45 pm

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
Agreed I can only do 0.1% on my body and I have been using retin A for a while now. Unless you have skin as tough as old boots I would not start so high

303Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 13 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Fri May 20, 2011 7:08 pm

j30303

j30303
Quiet Type
Quiet Type
After reading your advice I have been researching like mad for days.study
Here's the new regimen I've come up with:
.025% RA and 2% HQ at night and vitamin c serum during the day and weekly 40% LA peels.
I will be avoiding the sun as much as possible(long sleeve white tops and hats will be my best mates this summer) and 50spf sunblock everyday rain or shine. After I reach my goal, I plan to use pure Alpha-arbutin and kojic acid serum for maintenance. How does this sound? Very Happy

304Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 13 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Sat May 21, 2011 7:12 am

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Sounds fine to me. What suncream & vitamin C product are you planning on using ?

305Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 13 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Sat May 21, 2011 4:51 pm

j30303

j30303
Quiet Type
Quiet Type
rainbow wrote:Sounds fine to me. What suncream & vitamin C product are you planning on using ?

Ahh so good to know I'm going in the right direction!Smile
I plan to make my own vitamin C Serum (I've seen some really easy recipes)at some point but for now I'll be using Avalon Organics Vitamin C Vitality Serum.
My sunblock is Garnier Ambre Solaire UV Sensitive Protection Spray SPF 50. It's not sticky and the whiteness fades quickly so I like it a lot for that.

306Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 13 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Sun May 22, 2011 7:07 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
is that a chemical sun cream? Does it have any zinc in it? I have found it difficult to get any decent blocks in the uk and tend to buy from abroad on line.

The regime sounds great. You will have to tell us how the serum works out when you try it.

307Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 13 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Sun May 22, 2011 8:02 pm

blackgirl

Visitor
Visitor
Hi everyone, i am new to the site! I am dark skinned (nw50) and have used products such as palmers, ambi, and nadinola. I was unaware of the various regimens that could be used to accomplish a desired look. I have learned alot from just visiting the site! But i now feel ready to venture out and try some of the products mentioned in different posts, but i have a few questions....
1) With the glycolic peel 35%...would it be best to use this on just my face or can it be used on the entire body..as i am trying to lighten my shade by 3-4 shades....
2) Is it better to apply the retin-A to damp or dry skin?
3) Do you mix the retin-a with HQ or are they to be applied seperately?
4) Are there any particular sunblocks that you recommend?
5) Is the Caroteine nourishing and fairness cream to be used alone or with other products?
I apologize for all the questions, but who better to ask than the knowledgeable people from this site, lol. Its nice to find people with similar interests who dont judge you by the choices that you decide to make with your body! Thanks again everyone!! Very Happy

308Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 13 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Mon May 23, 2011 8:38 am

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
Hi blackgirl, welcome to TSP Very Happy

No worries about all the questions . We are all here to learn and share and hopefully achieve our goals.

With the peels, yes they can be used on the body too though you must make sure that your skin can tolerate that percentage. it may be quite high for some people to use straight off,especially on the face and if you have never done peels before. If you want to test it out you can do a test spot treatment on a small area like under the chin and then wait at least 24 hours to see how your skin has reacted.If there is no redness or soreness then you should be ok but even then take it carefully and follow all instructions to the letter, including aftercare. if you plan on using retin A then you must stop using it at least 3 days before and after the peel or you may over exfoliate and trigger post inflammotory pigmentation.

Some people think that applying retin A on wet skin can be a problem because damp skin tends to make the retin A absorb very quickly so may be irritating for some. You have to find out what works for you. Some can tolerate it, others can't.

Again it is entirely up to you whether you mix the hq and retin A just before application or whether you dceide to apply one and then wait before applying the other. Most tend to mix together just because it saves time. Remember retin A should not be used in the day and HQ should only be used in the day time if you are going to consciously avoid the sun and have a good sunblock on.

Good sunblocks are ones that have high levels of zinc oxide that act as physical block. Suggestions SOLEO, Devita, burnout.

I have not tried the carotene before so cannot make suggestions but maybe someone else can chime in with an answer.

And now a question for you. How did you find the products you have tried so far. Did you achieve any results and how long were you using them? Best of luck by the way !!!

309Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 13 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Mon May 23, 2011 11:31 am

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I agree with the above^^. You have to work out what works best for you. An example is that a member here used adc hq and ra and saw fantastic lightening but I have yet to see anything on the same level. I am moving onto adding in obagi which I hope works better for me. For time sakes I always mix retin A and hq right before using it and seems to go ok. I have tried carotein but didn't see that it did very much for me. It may be a different story for you especially as you are planning on using peels so there should be less of a barrier as you continue along

310Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 13 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue May 24, 2011 11:59 am

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
my tip would be to invest in a big paint brush if you are going to be using the glycolic on the body.It cuts down the application time & often means you have less wastage than when you use cotton pads

311Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 13 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Thu May 26, 2011 12:31 pm

blackgirl

Visitor
Visitor
Hey guys!! Sorry for the slow response, I had to work the past few days. But @angeleyes, I have tried just generalized skin lighteners and was always considering going stronger with the hydroquinine. But now that ive found some other solutions from this site, im going to try those methods first and see if i get better results. The results that i would get before would always be mininal and didnt seem to last long term.
@rainbow, thanks for that tip, i was wondering how i was gonna get it on in an appropriate amount of time, because even doing one limb at a time would have been time consuming with those cotton pads, lol!!
@ yogi...i was just reading about the obagi, I will certainly add it to my list of "things that may work". Thank you for the info...how many shades are you trying to lighten to, and what color range were you in before?

312Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 13 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Thu May 26, 2011 5:45 pm

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I would say I am medium brown complexion. I am not sure how light I would like to get and I have a feeling that it may be a changing goal over time. The best lightner that worked for me was fair and flawless but it thinned my skin and caused all sorts of problems so I would not recommend. It has powerful steroid so accounts for the quick lightening. I have seen a little lightening with adc hq and retin A but was hoping for a bit more at this stage. Enticing though has told me to be patient and it will work so I will continue and add in the obagi as well just as an added boost.

313Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 13 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:02 am

citrus

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
WOW.....I'm glad to have found this interesting site.

Hi everyone, just registered and wanted to introduce myself before posting any comments in the forum.

As a new member, I hope to fit in well, would like advice from others and would also contribute as I love experimenting with different products.

My goal is to find something that works for me, would really love to find a product that not only lightens but gives me a beautiful glow.

Thanks.

314Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 13 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:49 am

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
Hi citrus welcome to our friendly board !! I hope you attain your goals and I agree a beautiful glow can make all the difference cheers

315Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 13 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:50 pm

citrus

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
oh wow thanks angeleyes.

316Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 13 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:11 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Welcome citrus Very Happy

317Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 13 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:43 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
A warm welcome to the board citrus !!!

318Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 13 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:43 am

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Pleased to have you on board citrus Laughing

319Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 13 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:10 pm

mamadee

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
Hello all!I am new to the forum even though i have posted once but i realized i have not introduced myself Am so delighted I found people with common interests!

Am from Nigeria and I have medium skin tone. I was fairer but due to the sun gone darker.

I have used a no of skin lotions. Fair and White worked for some time and stopped working. I used Makari and broke out all over. I have used Caro Light and a total disaster. Evil or Very Mad

I havr just ordered Retin A from ADC and hydroquinone because I have tough dead skin on my toes. hope it works. I also got lactic acid from ebay.

I need help.

320Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 13 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:11 am

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
mamdee I hope it works for you but the ADC hq did absolutely nothing for me and I know I am not alone with that thought. I have found their retin A is fine, so that should help with your lightener penetration and exfoliation. Lactic acid should also help but make sure you go easy with it. Going too quickly with it by using a strength that is too strong or leaving it on for too long can make things worse for some people. And never never leave your house with out sunblock. God luck with it and keep posting how you get on Very Happy

321Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 13 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:57 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
mamadee do you mind elaborating on what happend with the carolight. I know what you are saying about the makari. I had a bad break out with it myself and was left with scarring from spots that I had to sort out with retin A and ambi. It was a really awful time as I had to go through darkening and then trying to sort out the dark marks.

Your regime sounds good although some do say that the ADC hq may not be as strong as they make out. It is good that you are trying to remove some of the sun damage with the peels and that should help speed things along. Like yogi said don't overdo it though. Make sure to stop using the retin A at least 24 hours before and after the peel. Also a patch test is always advisable. Good luck with it. I think I mentioned in another thread that I have been applying an AHA product called DCL on my hands at night and then wearing gloves and it it is really evening my hands. So perhaps using your retin A and hq at night and then wearing socks should help with your toes. Best of luck with it and welcome on board

322Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 13 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:07 pm

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
mamadee good luck with your routine. Curious to know whether you have heard of this Mega toner everyone is talking about as you are in Nigeria

323Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 13 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:18 am

Misha Smith

Visitor
Visitor
Hi to all.

I'm new to this forum. But I am excited to have some talks. I enjoyed reading and I knew, I'll learn a lot from this forum regarding skin health and issues.

324Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 13 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:47 am

shunammite

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
Hello everyone,
Newbie here. Id been looking around about skin care and came to drop by this site. But seems that forums now are inactive, though some of the information are helpful though. Looking forward for new messages.

Shunammite

325Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 13 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Fri May 11, 2012 1:18 pm

kijanouye

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
hi everyone Smile i'm kijanouye(creole meaning how are you)pronounced kee-zjown-oo-yay im african american/black & i love how diverse our world is i love learning new things about everyones culture we all are connected when you take time to see i like learning new languages and words reading writing & dancing.. what brought me to the website today is the currant status of my skin recent breakout,hyperpimentation all over body due to improper tanning bed usage........Suspect im just looking to restore my skin back to normal color and texture and im really glad i found this sight thank creators and experienced users Very Happy

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com