The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 24]

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
Hi guys,
Been lurking for a while and would like to share with you my mequinol experience with you, albeit its just been day! I got my MQ from Goldpharma and it arrived within 2 wks of purchase. I use RA .1% along with the entire tube of MQ mixed with 4 oz of cocoa butter (fruits of the earth one). I mixed everything in a jar making sure that it is closed tightly. Last night I applied to wet skin. My skin felt cool like for 5 minutes. I applied this all over my body. This morning I re-applied to wet skin and got the same cooling/tingling experience. I am not sure if this will work but will update in a few days.

Indigo

Indigo
Visitor
Visitor
I am so excited to see your results!!!

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Warm welcome Allure. I'm interested in reading other members' experiences with mequinol, other members would love to also meet you in the Introductions area [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm currently using it on scar spots on my arms along with Ra. What percentage would you say you have diluted your Mq too?

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

sara

sara
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Hi Allure,

Glad to see you here, we would love to hear your experience.

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
Thanks everyone especially for the warm welcome. I am not sure about the percentage that it works out to, but I am guessing that it would be about 2% or a little more. I do not want to damage my skin. My main aim is to get my uneven skin tone perfect (if there is such a thing) and to get rid of little acne scars. I have two scars on both knees that I've had since childhood...don't ask - growing up with just brothers will wreak havoc on you seeing you have to act like them! Climbing trees, playing ball etc.
Update: I exfoliated last night and OMG the water was kinda looking dirty! Hello this never happened before ...I'm writing that off as the chemical that I used. Surprisingly my skin is not as dry as it used to and even though I'm on my second day my skin feels super good. I love the cool tingly feeling I get after my application...kinda feels like menthol on my skin. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I've also ordered the 4% H but I wonder if I can mix them without any kind of possible side effects? Hmmmm...I am planning on experimenting with this when I get it. I'm using the mixture only on my body and not my face. My face is more important to me than my hidden areas! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

LiteNYellow

LiteNYellow
Accepted
Accepted
From what I have been reading, retin-a and mequinol will help remove the scars that you have with time, also using sun protection to help revent them from redarkening. Mequinol is known to sting some people's skin the longer you use it, so be prepared [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and keep us updated.

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
Thanks LNY, so far no stinging! I do believe that it is because I have mixed mine with the cream and retin a. I'm Keeping my fingers cross.

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
So far I haven't experienced any stinging yet. Although, it may come within time..lol. I believe Maharani has experienced slight stinging now.

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Hi allure,
And a very warm welcone to you !! Thank you for sharing your experience so far, with us.

Yes, like GG mentioned, when I first started using MQ again, which is about a few weeks now, I experienced absolutely no stinging. However in the last several days I have felt some stinging, but fortunately it has only been for a short period.

At the moment, I am only using it at night, so my progress may be slower than others, but I look forward to reading your updates and I wish you the very best of luck in reaching your goals.

skin lighten beauty

Accepted
Accepted
Allure can you tell me what you mix your products with? also do you buy a separate container or keep it in the cocoa butter container?

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
I'm seeing some peeling now, but it may be coming from the retina. I have been mixing both in the palm of my hands now which I'm glad that I'm now doing since it's also quicker. So, I say my dilution it around 4-5% mequinol.

12New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol Empty Update Mon May 03, 2010 9:50 am

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
Hi guys,
Sorry I was not able to respond over the weekend before I try to dedicate w/ends with my family, especially my lil' 2y.o.
I mix the MQ in a bigger container along with the Retin A. I mix well so as to distribute the products evenly. The final product looks a bit yellowy...is there such a word? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] So yes I use a different container.
Each time I use my loofah my bath water is BLACK!! Excuse me, I shower twice per day...but Black?? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I try to apply twice per day but at times, mainly morning I use regular lotion. I see some exfoliation going on right now so the product seem to be working. I do not use this on my face.

Maharani - I wondered if my product is too weak why I'm not feeling the stinging? Well I guess it is a bonus. I love the look of my skin right now..my product seems to be brightening right now (no not lighten but brighter, cool lookong skin). Yay for me! I also like the feeling of really scrubbing the crap outta my skin because I do feel so clean afterwards. My downfall in life is that I don't exfoliate much!

I haven't notice any major differences in my skin only I'm peeling a little and my skin has a brighter look. Hey wait!! Totally forgot...I have burn mark on my wrist and I have never attempted to try to get rid of it...GUESS WHAT? The texture of it feels like a scar!! It's breaking up (stripping, peeling) OMG...and to think that I forgot to mention this?? The burn looks like something I got a few days ago and now its healing!

Good luck with your journey guys...I will be back in a few. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Awwe, you have a two year old. I can't wait to have children of my own. I'm glad to hear that it's working well for you and that your scar is improving! With mequinol, it isn't a swift lightener. Rather it lightens at a slower pace than some, but it is consistent. Since your beginning to see results, continue with your regimen, moisturize, and sunblock.

No need of scrubbing very hard, this may cause scarring and irritation, as your skin is already exfoliating and top layers of skin being removed. But, theres something you might really enjoy if you do not have one already, which is a microfiber cloth or glove you can purchase from several places like Walmart, Amazon, Ebay, etc.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
Thanks GG, I will look into the microfiber cloth. I use a similar one too and its just comforting on my skin. To get rid of my scars on my knees I scrub but not until the skin is tender. I do use caution because I don't want to add to the existing problem. I like to exfoliate my butt though ... the skin is more harder and it doesn't hurt at all! LOL.
Yes I do have a 2 y.o and she is a trip and a half! She will run me into the ground playing and jumping around! I cannot keep up with her. She is way too much fun and I get to keep in shape!

LiteNYellow

LiteNYellow
Accepted
Accepted
Kids equals needing plenty of energy lol. I used to work as a teacher's aide, I know faaar from being a parent, and keeping up with them you'll need keeping in shape lol but the love in return is the best.

I love microfiber cloths, well I have the glove. Haven't tried the cloth yet. some are better than others.

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
Thanks LNY. I know what you mean about keeping up with kids! EGAD! Luckily I work out a lot at least twice per day so I have the energy.
I noticed last night that I have peeling galore going on! Again the water was black. While running yesterday I noticed how cool and bright my skin looks and I was really happy about that! I wonder if I can apply MQ10% straight on my knees? I know that people are doing it but I want to take it slowly...I might try that this coming w/end to see what kind of reactions I get from applying it undiluted.

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Very nice seeing more brightening and pleasant results Allure!

Although I knew a few people who used mequinol 10% directly and I used it at 10% directly during my first week, Maharani and Sara suggested for me to dilute it with the retin-a so I say I now apply it at around 4-5% mixed on my elbows and scars. Although one week was too soon to notice anything, I agree with you that it's best to first take it slow testing it out at a lower strength. I may perhaps increase the strength slightly much later on my elbows, as they are quite dark.

Are you taking any supplements in particular to assist with energy? Although I'm active and take One A Day multivitamin and liquid vitamin C, I lack energy.

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
GG, honestly I don't take any kind of supplements. I just popped some pills this morning (have no idea why I did it but its natures bounty collagen) and it has nothing to do with energy! LOL. Here's my secret - I make a fruit smoothie most mornings and take it to work with me. I use banana, berries (any and all), mango and whatever fruits I have available. I use "fake" sugar maybe one or two packets to the blender, flax seed, goji berries, and chia seeds. You might think it is strange but guess what? Goji berries are extremely nutritious and great for energy as well as the chia seeds. OMG I cannot begin to tell you when I first started consuming this! I did not have any desire for coffee or anything. I was awake and alert the entire day and felt like running a marathon! I will have this delicious smoothie made with ff milk and some ice blended. Tasty but I get my energy from it.
I was thinking of using the MQ mixed with RA just on my knees to help with my scars, are you seeing any thing major yet?

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
Just an update, nothing major happening right now with the exception of PEELING! OMG...my shoulders and even my scars are lighter! I noticed my shins this morning which was itching a few weeks ago (before starting the MQ) and I scratched the darn thing until it was basically broken. Guess what? Those are almost GONE! What? Yup and I am very happy with my results so far. My skin is extremely brighter (drier too but this is because after my application of MQ I don't use anything). LOL. I love this new change. I can't wait to see major changes!

sara

sara
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
wow great for you allure, do you apply mq everywhere in your body?

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
allure,

I am so excited for you. Sometimes it feels like watching paint dry, waiting for some sort of results, but you can already detect something happening, so it is only a matter of time now !!! Fingers crossed !!!

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Yaay! Congrats Allure, glad to hear your scars are fading and skin lightening. The itching coming from the dead skin soon to shed. What moisturizer are you using to help combat the dryness?

Yeah I really enjoy making fruit smoothies, especially with banana to compliment the flavours and give it a creamy taste. Although I haven't been making them in awhile as I used to. I usually lso add stevia or splenda to sweeten it, and squeezed lemon or lime juice to really bring out the flavor, then throwing in my vitamins. I never have tried adding flax seed, goji berries, or chia seeds. How is the taste with these mixed in the smoothie? The One a day multivitamin is ok, but I don't feel much a difference with them affter all of this time. I'll have to begin searching for a more effective multivitamin and for better absorbtion. I'm considering a liquid multivitamin supplement instead of pill form..I so hate pills.

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Yes I recently just gave an update with the mequinol this morning because the scar on my right arm I'm noticing it is lookinglighter and the skin there is much smoother with a slight sheen to it. No change to the other scars as of yet. I haven't started trying the mq/ra on my knees yet but I do use it on my dark elbows.

Do keep us updated!

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
Thanks GG. I am happy that you are seeing results too! It is just so amazing!
The goji berries and the chia seeds have a unique taste. You have to blend the chia really well. Goji taste like dates (almost) but is so great! I eat them as a snack with raw almonds!
I don't like taking pills either and I can't stand the liquid! I try to get enough fruits and veggies as I go along.

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Thanks.
I'll have to read up on chia seed and goji, sounds interesting. I used to take Geratol in liquid form because it's a liquid multivitamin mix along with the iron that I need. And although it had really helped, the taste and smell is truly horrendous. I had to hold in my breath, drink it quickly, followed up by some juice to help clear the after taste. I nolonger take it because of the bitter taste and smell. But, I may consider taking it again, but I'll search around first

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 24]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com