The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Kojic acid soap Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Kojic acid soap Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Kojic acid soap Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Kojic acid soap Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Kojic acid soap Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Kojic acid soap Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Kojic acid soap Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Kojic acid soap Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Kojic acid soap Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Kojic acid soap Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Kojic acid soap Empty Kojic acid soap Wed May 05, 2010 3:31 pm

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
I was wondering if I could use this to bathe with and then apply my mixture (MQ and RA in my base cream)? Would there be any kind of side effects or should I just wait until after I have used up my MQ mixture? I have heard great things about this particular soap and would really like to try it. I ordered them yesterday and it is being delivered tomorrow! OMG talk about fast shipping huh? I paid regular for shipping by the way. I always buy in bulk so don't ask how many I've ordered! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2Kojic acid soap Empty Re: Kojic acid soap Wed May 05, 2010 5:16 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
For the body should be fine since the skin is thicker compared to on the face. Depending on how sensitive your skin is. You can test it out on both and see if any irritation or overexfoliation. Maybe starting at it 3-4x weekly and go from there, or just remain at only a few times a week. And off days a more gentle and moisturizing soap.

On my arms I do use a neutrogena grapefruit scrub, then dry, about 20 min later I then apply the mq/ra mix. No problems and I do this daily, then again it is milder scrub.

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

3Kojic acid soap Empty Re: Kojic acid soap Wed May 05, 2010 8:04 pm

Indigo

Indigo
Visitor
Visitor
How does MQ/ RA work in comparison to HQ/RA? Also, where can MQ be purchased as I have not seen it at ADC or GoldPharma.

Allure, join the club! I ordered a stock pile of HQ/RA. Perhaps one day I use it to brighten a small nation. Ha!

4Kojic acid soap Empty Re: Kojic acid soap Thu May 06, 2010 7:56 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
A few months ago I had contacted ADC if they had carried or will be carrying soon the mequinol, unfortunately they said that they have no plans of carrying it. But theres also a possibilty for this to change, as people are having a growing interest in mequinol. GoldPharma so far is the only known place that I'm aware of that carries mequinol without requiring a prescription and already premixed [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] although it's at 10%. The name of it is called Leucodinine-M 20g. Thy carry other mequinol forms and strengths, I wouldn't go any higher than 10% strength though.

It's the Leucodinine-m cream 10% tub 20gr for $ 7.59 USD, it's really like a petroleum base. Although for this brand one tube costs $7.59, keep in mind that theres also a prescription fee of $7.69 and a shipping fee of $10.90.

"How does MQ/ RA work in comparison to HQ/RA"

Although mequinol is monomethyl ether of hydroquinone (and an isomer of guaiacol) is is a completely different from hydroquinone and their chemical structure is very different. Mequinol also known as 4-Methoxyphenol at 2% strength used along with tretinoin is used to lighten scars, solar lentigines (liver spots & age spots). Mequinol 4-10% strength is being tested from members here by diluting the 10% in a lotion or creme base or blended with the retin-a before applying. I have also known a few people who used mequinol 10% srength after applying the retin-a. One of the most known name brands of mequinol is Solage, but a prescription s required and the price is much higher.

Higher strength such as 20% mequinol/tretinoin is used to depigment the skin white for patients with vitiligo, used to depigment instead of to lighten.

More info on Mequinol:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

5Kojic acid soap Empty Re: Kojic acid soap Thu May 06, 2010 9:48 am

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
Thanks GG for the info and for your input. Indigo, I always buy in bulk..saves on shipping! I buy my MQ at Goldpharma and my HQ4 and RA at ADC. This way I will save on shipping!
Goldpharma charged me $8.03 for each tube and to fill the prescription it was $8.14, shipping was 11.53 - then again it all depends on how many tubes you ordered. I got my order within 2 wks of ordering!

6Kojic acid soap Empty Re: Kojic acid soap Thu May 06, 2010 10:37 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Allure, is there flat rate with GoldPharma's shipping when ordering in bulk like it with ADC?

7Kojic acid soap Empty Re: Kojic acid soap Thu May 06, 2010 11:26 am

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
I don't think so. The rates went up for me when I try adding more stuff. To offset the cost, I would just order in bulk and then deal with it. The rates are cheaper than ADC in my opinion in a certain way. If you just order 5 items from ADC its 25 bucks but if you order 50 items, the rate remain the same. Goldpharma's shipping rate I can live with. It is like $2.00 per item.

8Kojic acid soap Empty Re: Kojic acid soap Fri May 07, 2010 11:23 am

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
I used the original likas papaya soap last night. No burning or discomfort. I left it on for about 15 minutes. One thing my skin felt clean without much scrubbing! I like the feel and seeing I ordered over a dozen of this, I will be using it daily to improve the clarity of my skin.

9Kojic acid soap Empty Re: Kojic acid soap Fri May 07, 2010 11:55 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Ok, thanks for the details with GoldPharma shipping.

Glad to hear you didn't have to scrub much with it, yeah it really exfoliates and made my skin smooth. Did you leave the likas on your body or also the face? Watch out for the sensitive and thinner areas like the fold of your arms, chest, inner area of legs, neck. Likas exfoliated me well, but I eventually couldn't leave it on too long and use retin-a because of these areas.

Some like using it on their face, but it was just too harsh for my face due to the hq/ra during the time and as it made my eyes sting.

10Kojic acid soap Empty Re: Kojic acid soap Fri May 07, 2010 1:24 pm

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
Hi GG! Listen I used the soap all over (not on my intimate areas though). [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I just realized that under my bra was burning! Oh no, I guess right under the boobs is a no-no. I use regular body wash in my other areas so now I have to rethink and not use it under my boobs. Otherwise everything seems really fine. I used it on my face and let it sit for about 5 minutes in total. My feet needed to be scrubbed and I used it under the soles. All I can say is WOW! What a difference. For now, I will be using it daily to see how much my skin can tolerate it. Thanks!

11Kojic acid soap Empty Re: Kojic acid soap Fri May 07, 2010 9:16 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Yeah, I wouldn't use it there. Chest areas (excuse my language..lol) underneath the boobs and the nipple areas are the places to try and avoid because they did sting too much for me. The inner fold of the arms and legs behind the knees, betwen the legs I would look out for too. That's all I can think of so far.

12Kojic acid soap Empty Re: Kojic acid soap Fri May 07, 2010 10:06 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Hmm I was able to do it on my chest but I protected the niples. The places I avoided were niples, face was twice a week maybe three, be careful around your behind, and the lady parts( found that out the hard way)

13Kojic acid soap Empty Re: Kojic acid soap Fri May 07, 2010 10:50 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
That's good. While I was using a papaya kojic acid soap, I first didn't protect the nipple area and..well, let's say within a matter of days I never applied it there again..lol. Yeah, I had to learn the hard way too with mainly the chest areas and the rear..

14Kojic acid soap Empty Re: Kojic acid soap Fri May 07, 2010 11:40 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Oy that must have hurt when I first used it it felt like I had a cactus between my legs.....I now but a sort of barrier around the lady parts lol

15Kojic acid soap Empty Re: Kojic acid soap Sat May 08, 2010 12:43 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I forgot to ask earlier.
Does goldpharma ship to P.O Boxes or just home?

16Kojic acid soap Empty Re: Kojic acid soap Mon May 10, 2010 10:21 am

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
LOL @ GG and Alizee. OMG so this past weekend I tried my best not to use it near my chest area and it worked out fine. Under the twins (boobs) is stripping and peeling even though I am not using the soap or my MQ mix there! amazing. I guess whatever I have on my skin, after my work out and sweating some of the products got deposited there thus causing irritation and peeling. Today I am fine. I don't think goldpharma ships to PO boxes, you can always check though. They require signature upon delivery.

17Kojic acid soap Empty Re: Kojic acid soap Mon May 10, 2010 9:26 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Yeah, it does sound like they sweat may have caused it to spread elsewhere and irritate. I believe that had also happened to me when under the chest was peeling once, although I never applied it there in that area.

18Kojic acid soap Empty Re: Kojic acid soap Mon May 10, 2010 10:16 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I do pilates and it used to happend under my arms but I switched no a nonscented deodarant and no irritation

19Kojic acid soap Empty Re: Kojic acid soap Tue May 11, 2010 9:52 am

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
That's a thought Alizee but I love the scented kinds!

20Kojic acid soap Empty Re: Kojic acid soap Tue May 11, 2010 1:38 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Lol yeah I do like dove or secret but it was good at the time.
I'm now more used to kojic acid so I am startin to use scented deodarants

21Kojic acid soap Empty Re: Kojic acid soap Tue May 11, 2010 2:48 pm

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
I have noticed that the product will sit under arms until you wash! My underarms are peeling like sheets falling! I love the results though. I use the original scent secret underarm deodorant because it has this fresh, feminine and great scent not to mention long lasting.

22Kojic acid soap Empty Re: Kojic acid soap Tue May 11, 2010 4:46 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Yeah it does.
I did not like this one brand that stained my blouses and one was a freakin channel...grrr.
I forget which did it, sure I think, but I will never use it again. It took me awhile to save up and buy that blouse; college students aren't rich lol

23Kojic acid soap Empty Re: Kojic acid soap Tue May 11, 2010 10:36 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Has anyone tried the crystal mineral deoderant ball?
I tried it once years back, but...lets just say it was a waste

24Kojic acid soap Empty Re: Kojic acid soap Wed May 12, 2010 9:15 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Do you mean the one that you add water to ?

25Kojic acid soap Empty Re: Kojic acid soap Wed May 12, 2010 9:21 am

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
@GG I have never heard of it! Really though a lot of products out there promise to do that and that but yet they cannot live up to people's expectations. I try not to buy into the hype of things, but research before purchasing. They are there to sell their products, not all companies believe in consumer satisfaction. LOL. Alizee I know what you mean about poor college students and channel is way too expensive to destroy on silly little things like deodorants! I wear nice dress shirts under my suits but ensure that my deodorants are wiped cleaned without the white residue.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Forum free | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com