The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.


- The Skin Philosophy Team

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts


Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.


Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!


All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.


Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.


Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.


The Conversation Chamber



You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Your thoughts on Sammy Sosa's Lightening?

0% 0% [ 0 ]
64% 64% [ 7 ]
36% 36% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 11

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Golden Girl

avatar
Administrator
Privileged
First topic message reminder :

Have any ideas of what he had possibly used? Do you think it's permanent or will he maintain his results? Your thoughts and reflections you can post here?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]



Last edited by Golden Girl on Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total


_________________
My Current Skin Lightening Regimen Is:
Neutrogena Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub (cleanser)
Tretinoin/Retin-A 0.05% (exfoliant)
All Day Chemist Hq 4% (lightener)
RX Suncare: Sport Sunblock SPF 50 (sunblock)
-----------------------------------------------
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

skin lighten beauty


Accepted
Accepted
I was trying to find what Sammy Sosa still was using. Still couldn't find it. but I saw some advertisements on the Se quiiso and the 80xf from someone talking to themselves with 2 different names "Fadi" and "Issa", same person advertising fair & flawless on there saying that Sammy Sosa used it to lighten. It looks really odd, theres some other brand advertisements and a code on there on other brands too.
I guess we may not honestly know what he used to lighten.

skin lighten beauty


Accepted
Accepted
here is the link
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

LiteNYellow

avatar
Accepted
Accepted
skin lighten beauty wrote:here is the link
[url=http://www.complex.com/blogs/2009/11/09/lighten-up-a-history-of-sammy-sosas-biggest-fails/
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That's already so obvious on who is selling what on that site. Anyone who can see, will be able to notice something as basic as these same people are the exact same ones on forums selling also are using different names to try and sell the same thing. Sosa obviously did not use those products to whiten. Just take a look at how the certain sellers type write behind themselves within 2 days or just a few hours. How busy the blog is all of a sudden when it comes to 3rd party sells.

Sosa did not use commercial products like these.

MAHARANI

avatar
Moderator
Privileged
It is truly amazing how low, some will sink in order to gain customers.


.

sara

avatar
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
It is funny, I have been to so many type of forums but never understood why there were so much drama in skin lightening forums!! It is simple, because there are so many sellers with wrong feedback trying to push products.
The mod at AMHD said that religion debate were less drama than skin lightening section lol to some people skin is more important than God.

Kandiluv

avatar
Accepted
Accepted
People can sink really low for sales, and some things they say makes me laugh because it's so funny when you recognize it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]. I noticed a lot of drama in some skin lightening forums too! And I was thinking this is supposed to be a peaceful haven where we all can feel open and comfortable, not judged, having similar goals. And then people might become violent and call others bad names like they are 5 years old, just because one likes or hates something more than the other. but if someone becomes that defensive on a product that they like to cause drama and call bad names, then it makes me wonder why they are really there? if there is an agenda. As I think so much of the drama is caused by a winning a sale.

Sammy Sosa I think wears foundation makeup to cover the blotchiness. Sara do you think Sammy used monobenzone?

Indigo

avatar
Visitor
Visitor
From what I have read he is not disclosing the brand of the products he used for business purposes. His agent/publicist has said he ( Sosa) will be marketing the product in the future.

Golden Girl

avatar
Administrator
Privileged
So he really is considering of marketing what he used? Well, his strategy of having people itching about what he is using is working quite well. I wonder how his skin looks now after several months have now passed?


_________________
My Current Skin Lightening Regimen Is:
Neutrogena Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub (cleanser)
Tretinoin/Retin-A 0.05% (exfoliant)
All Day Chemist Hq 4% (lightener)
RX Suncare: Sport Sunblock SPF 50 (sunblock)
-----------------------------------------------
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

Indigo

avatar
Visitor
Visitor
Here's a bit of rumor and speculation.... some blogs I have visted claim that he has not been able get those results on his body which is a reason for the hold on the marketing. This is understandable because we all know its easy to lighten your face but the body is a whole different issue.

Given the drastic nature of his new look, I am apprehensive about trying such a strong product. Think of this.. the creams found at beauty supply stores are chalked full of potential dangerous chemicals that can develop into serious issues like cancer, high blood pressure, poisoning extc. At the day these products will NEVER give you results like Sosa's. So, what is the chemical formulation he is using?! I am waiting to see if he has any health problems, grows another head, any thing ...

I am also curious to see how he looks now. Can you imagine the maintance of such a drastic change?!

Golden Girl

avatar
Administrator
Privileged
sara wrote:It is funny, I have been to so many type of forums but never understood why there were so much drama in skin lightening forums!! It is simple, because there are so many sellers with wrong feedback trying to push products.
The mod at AMHD said that religion debate were less drama than skin lightening section lol to some people skin is more important than God.

That is true that the religion section doesn't have the problems of sellers posing as actual members trying to claim sells such as in the skin lightening section, true. But, the religion section there doesn't know how to effectively debate without being barbaric in their manner. From what I had experienced with at least one of the religious areas there a while back, I was taken aback of how much greater the ruthlessness and child-like characters were, some long-term members becoming verbally violent. I actually answered the thread with a simple sentence or two in relations to the questions asked of how we perceive a certain individual. From there it went to literal death threats, harassment, called insulting bad names, received harassing pm messages, and I was even stalked for a couple of weeks stalked by at least 2 of the members there and then insulted back in the lightening section after making a statement or asking a question. And their statements there were completely off-topic and also in the wrong category. After that experience that went on for weeks, I was seriously considering leaving there because nothing was done about the harassment and death threats I had received. Because I had reported it about 14 times to a "father" there, responsible with a few of the religious areas there and even messaged several times to a few mods of what was happening. Guess what....nothing ever happened until weeks later after my numerous reports and after another violent deathly threat. Yet, I have been penalyzed for far less. I know I can be quite opionated and the skin lightening section can at times be a head ache...but never as sickening as the religious categories. That is only a pleasant place if others also share the same ideals as you, but if your ideals objects to their "correction" and you remain to firmly stand your ground...be prepared for those who will become barbaric and sickeing with ruthless behavior, along with breaking almost all of the TOS rules. Because there is a strong lack of respect if your considered as an "enemy", regardless how peaceful you try to be...and my peacefulness basically ran out once I realized that the RIP feature and the pm system must have been out of order during that month.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It was honestly a turnoff and I felt the need to gurgitate. Even one of my threads I had opened there was closed swiftly and my question was not answered by most. Those who were in charge during that time had dramatically failed to fulfill their duties and allowed what you call "e-bullying" to continue far beyond than it should have, only met with silence instead of the usual ganging upon as in the lightening category. Well, it only brought out the not so good side of me..lol. Even the skin lightening section is better than there religious section if your ideals dare to differ from theres and refuse to be slienced...because you'll then be considered as a grave enemy instead of respected for having a different ideology from them.

Yet, some online skin lightening communities and review sites are corrupted with spammers and marketers mingled with some factual people. You begin to see a continuous pattern being played out, not getting the honest answers needed for what works and what does not ..can be quite a head ache.



Last edited by Golden Girl on Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:49 pm; edited 2 times in total


_________________
My Current Skin Lightening Regimen Is:
Neutrogena Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub (cleanser)
Tretinoin/Retin-A 0.05% (exfoliant)
All Day Chemist Hq 4% (lightener)
RX Suncare: Sport Sunblock SPF 50 (sunblock)
-----------------------------------------------
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

Golden Girl

avatar
Administrator
Privileged
Indigo wrote:Here's a bit of rumor and speculation.... some blogs I have visted claim that he has not been able get those results on his body which is a reason for the hold on the marketing. This is understandable because we all know its easy to lighten your face but the body is a whole different issue.

Given the drastic nature of his new look, I am apprehensive about trying such a strong product. Think of this.. the creams found at beauty supply stores are chalked full of potential dangerous chemicals that can develop into serious issues like cancer, high blood pressure, poisoning extc. At the day these products will NEVER give you results like Sosa's. So, what is the chemical formulation he is using?! I am waiting to see if he has any health problems, grows another head, any thing ...

I am also curious to see how he looks now. Can you imagine the maintance of such a drastic change?!

I would think quite a maintenance regimen. I was wondering if he was able to lighten his entire body effectively. Or just his face, surrounding areas, and hands. Commercial lighteners I also doubt can do that and theres so many dangerous products on the market. Some products we may be aware of, and some needing further testing to see if anything that is not being mentioned is really in them that shouldn't be in there.


_________________
My Current Skin Lightening Regimen Is:
Neutrogena Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub (cleanser)
Tretinoin/Retin-A 0.05% (exfoliant)
All Day Chemist Hq 4% (lightener)
RX Suncare: Sport Sunblock SPF 50 (sunblock)
-----------------------------------------------
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

sara

avatar
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Wow GG, that why I was shocked that religion section to be less hostile than skin lightning section, I hate religion debate as most likely result in argument unless you believe the same thing.



There are so much corruption at AMHD mods, as there is this mod now trying to hassle me. Because I disagree with him lol


I guess nothing gets done, I know mods meant to be natural but some of them get involved in the debate, I am sure if you complain to them they will not do anything for you

sara

avatar
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Kandiluv wrote:
Sammy Sosa I think wears foundation makeup to cover the blotchiness. Sara do you think Sammy used monobenzone?

It does not look like monobenzone result, he has some gray undertone, it does seem he used other things but if he used monobenzone and might be in the blotchy period but I doubt it is mono.

MAHARANI

avatar
Moderator
Privileged
I notice that on the poll, no one actually said they liked his results, so does that mean none of you here would be happy to try it OR are you hoping that if you do get it that your results will be better ? Because I know that there will be the longest queue of people wanting to try it, when or if it comes out. I must admit I would be a little scared to use it. I doubt that any amount of bronzer or makep up would help me.

.

MAHARANI

avatar
Moderator
Privileged
Indigo wrote:Here's a bit of rumor and speculation.... some blogs I have visted claim that he has not been able get those results on his body which is a reason for the hold on the marketing. This is understandable because we all know its easy to lighten your face but the body is a whole different issue.

Given the drastic nature of his new look, I am apprehensive about trying such a strong product. Think of this.. the creams found at beauty supply stores are chalked full of potential dangerous chemicals that can develop into serious issues like cancer, high blood pressure, poisoning extc. At the day these products will NEVER give you results like Sosa's. So, what is the chemical formulation he is using?! I am waiting to see if he has any health problems, grows another head, any thing ...

I am also curious to see how he looks now. Can you imagine the maintance of such a drastic change?!

He has been ridiculed enough with the one head, Let's pray another one does not turn up !!! LOL.

This is what I need to know from you guys in the US, as I am in the UK.. I understand he was a basketball player, I think.... so he does not do this anymore.? And no one has seen him since these photos turned up. There must be a lot of money out there for anyone who gets that next photo then...


.

Golden Girl

avatar
Administrator
Privileged
lol..I'm unable to like his results. Only the fact that he was able to lighten so much within about 6 months I believe. I remember Sosa back in the 90's as a famous basball player and I actually had a mini crush on him and he was kind of like a baseball hero who was black. Until evidence came out about him using a cork bat...and then the steroids. So, I'm unsure how good he actually was as a baseball player or if he really needed them to be a great player, as it seem to be quite popular for several baseball players (along with some other sports stars) to use steroids...

But, I think if he didn't go to such an extreme which didn't blend well with his features. As others have mentioned, his skin now has these gray undertones instead of the natural red, yellow, or olive undertones. And I didn't like the areas around his eyes are much darker. But, perhaps depending what he used can be balanced more properly and used at a slower rate to get a more even, natural look instead of the washed out look. So, my vote was for more of the middle ground..lol


_________________
My Current Skin Lightening Regimen Is:
Neutrogena Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub (cleanser)
Tretinoin/Retin-A 0.05% (exfoliant)
All Day Chemist Hq 4% (lightener)
RX Suncare: Sport Sunblock SPF 50 (sunblock)
-----------------------------------------------
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

skin lighten beauty


Accepted
Accepted
I don't like how his skin looks. His contacts are kind of scary on him and the gel in his hair doesn't really help. I still think he is going to make a bunch of money if he does come out with the product.

MAHARANI

avatar
Moderator
Privileged
I totally agree that there is definite money to be made with this one !! If companies like F & F can make us part with our money, without any real evidence of what can be achieved, like before and after pics BUT just simply what THEY quote as being possible and testimonials, that can be made by anyone, THEN I say Sammy could be set up for this life, the next life and the life after that !!!



.

cordellpuss


Accepted
Accepted
skin lightening beauty Wrote:
I don't like how his skin looks. His contacts are kind of scary on him and the gel in his hair doesn't really help. I still think he is going to make a bunch of money if he does come out with the product.
Exactly his skin is just weird looking , plus the contacts lense.

Golden Girl

avatar
Administrator
Privileged
His contacts makes him look kind of lion-like, it doens't match with him. But I agree, we can actually visibly see that whatever he used does actually lighten...even though he went way overboard with it. Because there are so many false testimonials, reviews, and claims every where. Well, guess time will tell.


_________________
My Current Skin Lightening Regimen Is:
Neutrogena Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub (cleanser)
Tretinoin/Retin-A 0.05% (exfoliant)
All Day Chemist Hq 4% (lightener)
RX Suncare: Sport Sunblock SPF 50 (sunblock)
-----------------------------------------------
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

LiteNYellow

avatar
Accepted
Accepted
I also don't think he used mono. He say it was a cream, but it might or might not be that too. I would like to buy some shares and stocks for the Sammy Sosa cream..lol.

Alizee love

avatar
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Well I voted no because he looks unatural. The colour does not work for him and I think it has to do with his features; you can't change it with cream. I think I would use what he did but not as obsessively as he did in hopes of getting a more even tone.

I want to try the pure perfect that nadiola(is that her name?) Used. Did she use the parfait for the body and then use the night cream on the face?
I really wanna lighten four shades, five would be better.

Gg I remember sosa back in the 90's but thought he was only good because of the steroids and IMO all the athletes who used steroids should not be allowed in the hall of fame.

Anywho I really want to try pure perfect so if anyone knows what nadiola used it would help

MAHARANI

avatar
Moderator
Privileged
Sorisha Naidoo did actually make a post about what she used as part of her regime, which was a combination of products from the line, but it seems to have disappeared. How true this is, as her lightening is very significant, who knows......
I notice that she has also changed some of the photos too

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]












[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Alizee love

avatar
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
In the second photo she faintly has that bleached look but I an see more color then in her prevopus photo.

She made a post about what she used? Darn why did they remove it?
Sigh....guess we'll never know now

Golden Girl

avatar
Administrator
Privileged
Yeah, I wish I had also read her article of all she had used. I like these 2 photos, very lovely and natural.


_________________
My Current Skin Lightening Regimen Is:
Neutrogena Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub (cleanser)
Tretinoin/Retin-A 0.05% (exfoliant)
All Day Chemist Hq 4% (lightener)
RX Suncare: Sport Sunblock SPF 50 (sunblock)
-----------------------------------------------
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

 
  •  

Forumotion.com | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum