The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
My Mequinol Experience - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
My Mequinol Experience - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
My Mequinol Experience - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
My Mequinol Experience - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
My Mequinol Experience - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
My Mequinol Experience - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
My Mequinol Experience - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
My Mequinol Experience - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
My Mequinol Experience - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
My Mequinol Experience - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 19 of 29]

1My Mequinol Experience - Page 19 Empty My Mequinol Experience Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:27 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
First topic message reminder :

Thanks to Maharani, I have been using Mequinol 10% on the scars on my arms now for almost a week now. Although some of the scar areas have faded some and not too large in size overall, I'm going to see if the mequinol/tretinoin can further remove the darkened areas. It does have a stinky smell LOL, so personally I prefer to use it at night and it is like a thick vaseline formulation, so little is needed as it melts as I rub it in.

Keep in mind, it is recommended that you use retin-a (tretinoin) along with mequinol in order for effective penetration and results. So, I'll keep everyone updated.

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

451My Mequinol Experience - Page 19 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:04 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Just to add, if you believe that the sun damage has only been mostly sustained recently, then hopefully this should make it easier to improve how it looks. It is the continued year after year damage that can take a long time to correct. Just make sure that you are protecting your skin as much as possible from the sun now, to make sure you don't make things any worse. And obviously once you start the peels, the sun has to be avoided as much as possible, as the peels will make you more sensitive to the sun.

452My Mequinol Experience - Page 19 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:37 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I may in fact do these peels but I'm waiting for cooler months and in the mean time I shall continue to cover and use various produvts like Estee Lauder or St. Ives.

453My Mequinol Experience - Page 19 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:31 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
I recall it had taken several peels for a couple of months just to remove the tan I had gained last summer..lol, but not as my upper body that remains covered that's much lighter.

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

454My Mequinol Experience - Page 19 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:38 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
LOL GG, we have just been talking about you on another thread !!!

455My Mequinol Experience - Page 19 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:06 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Your very popular today lol.

456My Mequinol Experience - Page 19 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:44 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
MAHARANI wrote:Yes I have used peels on and off for a number of years. I try not to recommend something unless I have tried it myself. I have used it very successfully on scars and to brighten my skin tone. My body has not really been my main focus, so I only do it when I fancy it. I am in the process of trying a new peel on my arms knees and feet at the moment and am waiting to see how good it is. As I have not done a peel for a little while, I did not leave it on for too long, so am not expecting anything dramatic. I have seen that my arms which are generally soft anyway, are exceptionally smooth to the touch, so something has definitely happened. Will try and do another next week and see how it goes. If it does well, will recommend it.

What did the lactic acid peel do to your scars? And how much brighter did your skin tone become? Did you also use it for a month at a time? And did you peel alot?

457My Mequinol Experience - Page 19 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:20 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
The scar faded completely. With this, as it was a small scar, I left the solution on for longer there than other areas and the skin peeled very visibly.

458My Mequinol Experience - Page 19 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:05 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I definitely think I am going to do the lactic acid on my body. I want to order it but I'm not sure whether I should just order enough for a month or perhaps order a bit more in case I might want to continue with them for longer? Would that be safe though?

459My Mequinol Experience - Page 19 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:00 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Perfectly safe to be used beyond a month. Some companies indicate not using beyond 1 year without taking a break. It would only be if you are experiencing problems or too much exfoliation that I would say stop.

460My Mequinol Experience - Page 19 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:53 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Okay I'll order enough for a month and if I want more, I'll order more. Im starting retin a on my face n neck this week, will keep you posted

461My Mequinol Experience - Page 19 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:01 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
good luck can't wait

462My Mequinol Experience - Page 19 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:50 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
PorcelainSkin,

Best of luck and will be looking out for your reviews on how you find it. !!!

463My Mequinol Experience - Page 19 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:13 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Good luck

464My Mequinol Experience - Page 19 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:59 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Hey everyone, I started the retin a last night, my skin did get alittle dry after I applied so I applied a little eucerin lotion on my face. The smell of the retin a is revolting Wink I have not experienced any burning, or a sensation of any sort, is this weird? Even this morning, my skin feels and looks like I have not applied any on.. Am applying it every other night, so will do so tomorrow again, want to do this for the next 2 weeks, and then start applying it every night. Will see how it goes!! Then I'll start on the lactic for my body and add melalite into my regimen for the lightening..

465My Mequinol Experience - Page 19 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:10 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Cool I hope you. Get the resutls you desire. So you are using ret a on just the face and peels on your body? I gather after awhile you will apply melanite to the newly revealed skin on your body?

466My Mequinol Experience - Page 19 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:31 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Alizee love wrote:Cool I hope you. Get the resutls you desire. So you are using ret a on just the face and peels on your body? I gather after awhile you will apply melanite to the newly revealed skin on your body?

Yeah that is what I was thinking. I find no point in applying the melalite to skin that will peel of anyway, besides I find that I prefer to rid any sun damaged skin and few blemishes from my skin first, before I embark on the lightening. Do you think melalite is strong enough to lighten my body after the lactic peel? Im sure it will be fine for my face..

467My Mequinol Experience - Page 19 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:14 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I have never used it so I can't give personal experience but I have read nice thngs about it. I think using it on new undamaged skin should optimize your results^^.

468My Mequinol Experience - Page 19 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:46 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Alizee love wrote:I have never used it so I can't give personal experience but I have read nice thngs about it. I think using it on new undamaged skin should optimize your results^^.

My sentiments exactly, will keep all of you posted. Thank you for the well-wishes Wink

469My Mequinol Experience - Page 19 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:54 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Well then this may be a learning experience for all Smile

470My Mequinol Experience - Page 19 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:50 am

tennisfan

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
Hi guys... am new to this forum.. the only reason I am here is because I miss my friend Sara lol

She ditched me from the depig forum and I dont wish to post there anymore.

Im currently on mequinol with no results...

471My Mequinol Experience - Page 19 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:16 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Welcome to the forum and I hope you stay^^.

How long have you been using mq?

472My Mequinol Experience - Page 19 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:21 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
no results Shocked

473My Mequinol Experience - Page 19 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:49 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
It may be too soon to tell. How long have you been using it? It usually takes two months to see significant results

474My Mequinol Experience - Page 19 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:59 pm

khushbu

Accepted
Accepted
tennisfan wrote:Hi guys... am new to this forum.. the only reason I am here is because I miss my friend Sara lol

She ditched me from the depig forum and I dont wish to post there anymore.

Im currently on mequinol with no results...

from how long have you been using it ?

im also on MQ for a month now, and not significant result !!!!

475My Mequinol Experience - Page 19 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:01 am

tennisfan

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
I have been using Mequinol for atleast three months and even more.. Nothing yet. honestly !

I did get a few small and i mean very very small white spots on my stomach. It was like taking a ruler and drawing str8 small dots on my stomach . like five of them. But since i reduced the amount of mequinol on my body, its filled up wiht brown .

Even my genital as in my penis had got a white spot out of the blue but its filled back with brown again . Overall lightening has certainly not happpened.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com