The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
My Mequinol Experience - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
My Mequinol Experience - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
My Mequinol Experience - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
My Mequinol Experience - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
My Mequinol Experience - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
My Mequinol Experience - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
My Mequinol Experience - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
My Mequinol Experience - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
My Mequinol Experience - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
My Mequinol Experience - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 18 of 29]

1My Mequinol Experience - Page 18 Empty My Mequinol Experience Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:27 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
First topic message reminder :

Thanks to Maharani, I have been using Mequinol 10% on the scars on my arms now for almost a week now. Although some of the scar areas have faded some and not too large in size overall, I'm going to see if the mequinol/tretinoin can further remove the darkened areas. It does have a stinky smell LOL, so personally I prefer to use it at night and it is like a thick vaseline formulation, so little is needed as it melts as I rub it in.

Keep in mind, it is recommended that you use retin-a (tretinoin) along with mequinol in order for effective penetration and results. So, I'll keep everyone updated.

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

426My Mequinol Experience - Page 18 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:33 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yes___I mean no wrote:I've been applying it to my lips for over a month and surprisingly my lips has not really peeled at all,the other day they was a little chipping on the bottom lip but that was gone with in an hour and as for my upper lip, no peeling at all.

so just based on my experience i would say yes, it's at least worth a try

Surely if I apply the 0.01% on my peels every day, perhaps day and night, it will peel or will I be using it too much on my lips? Its suprisingly though that you got no results coz lips are sensitive so I would think they would peel, oh well..

427My Mequinol Experience - Page 18 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:04 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
my lips have lightened though, just not peeled

428My Mequinol Experience - Page 18 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:02 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yes___I mean no wrote:my lips have lightened though, just not peeled

Have they lightened because you applied the retin a plus the MQ? how long did it take for them to lighten? And are they a pinky colour or just paler?

429My Mequinol Experience - Page 18 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:36 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
yeah, it's the mq/ra mix.
there lightening at the same rate as the rest of the skin, and there getting paler instead of pink but i have not been using it for a long time. started on the 16th of last month, posting results next month so stay tuned

430My Mequinol Experience - Page 18 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:22 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
It depends really. If your someone whose lips chap real easily simply by the change in the weather, I would think twice about using the reta. Plus, you aren't supposed to put that stuff where you ingest it.

431My Mequinol Experience - Page 18 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:46 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Alizee love wrote:It depends really. If your someone whose lips chap real easily simply by the change in the weather, I would think twice about using the reta. Plus, you aren't supposed to put that stuff where you ingest it.

So what would you recommend to lighten the lips??

432My Mequinol Experience - Page 18 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:30 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I honestly don't know but my understanding is the mq will work on areas surrounding where you apply the cream but if you can apply it there safely I guess go for it.

433My Mequinol Experience - Page 18 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:40 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Alizee love wrote:I honestly don't know but my understanding is the mq will work on areas surrounding where you apply the cream but if you can apply it there safely I guess go for it.

So how does one obtain the look where all the skin lightens if MQ only lightens surrounding areas? I'm thinking of using retin a first to correct little skin blemishes (and might apply on lips too) before starting on the lightening regimen. At this point, not sure whether I'll use MQ or HQ (melalite) to lighten..

434My Mequinol Experience - Page 18 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:17 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Alizee,
as you have already mentioned it isn't always the youngsters who steal. I have worked for an organisation where adults would be stealing on a regular basis. I guess they thought that the wages weren't enough !!! But we are talking about £1000's and because of the way things were set up it was hard to prove who was doing it........but I certainly knew. It made you not want to trust anyone.

I found the only way to kinda stamp it out was encouraging us all to understand that we were a team and almost like a family, where you wanted to do your best for yourself and each other and not bring things down by stealing etc. There was always a few rogues but it did improve.

435My Mequinol Experience - Page 18 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:15 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Hey guys, I would like to order my lactic acid 88% from lotion crafter. Since I'm doing it (only my body only) only for a month, four times, that is, once a week for 4 weeks, how much should I order? 10oz?

436My Mequinol Experience - Page 18 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:29 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
10z sounds like a lot for a month, you only need about 1-2 oz of cream or lotion to cover the body depending on the size,
so 6-8oz and you might have a lot left over, are you only going to use this for a month or are you going to do it again a couple months down the road again? because if you are some leftover might come in handy

437My Mequinol Experience - Page 18 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:37 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Maharani we did do that. Before we didn't have all of those camersa but now we've taken a page out of Londons notebook and have cameras everywhere but the bathroom and such places. We sat down and explained to others that when they steal, they steal from themselves; we can only keep them employed if we make a profit. Stealing tweny here, ten there and so forth adds up after awhile.

438My Mequinol Experience - Page 18 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:26 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Well hopefully it will work. It used to drive me mad having to stay late trying to work out why there was a discrepancy in the cash and obviously no one got paid for this overtime. I used to miss so many of my favourite gym classes as a result and knowing it was not human error but just someone's greed was maddening.

/

439My Mequinol Experience - Page 18 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:34 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Yes I hated it and my gym was not a 24/7 one so I would miss my work out or I would have to stay very late. I get a salary so now I'm stuck in an office doing what I shouldn't have to because someone has no ethics. Then when and if the computer breaks and peoplehave to add and subtract the purchase themselves they look like a deer caught in head lights. Aren't they taught math in school?!

440My Mequinol Experience - Page 18 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:40 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
PorcelainSkin,

Some of my sun practices:

Sunblock applied 20 minutes before going out and reapplied when necessary

wear a visor hat to protect face

body is generally well covered with long sleeves and trousers/jeans

where possible, avoid going out at the hottest times of the day 11 am - 3pm and on particularly hot/sunny days

walk on the shady side of the road

have sunblinds on car windows, though plan to have windows tinted eventaully

wear gloves when driving and a pashmina across my neck as the sun tends to hit the neck and chest area whilst driving.

Would love to be able to put my umbrella up in London but too many people stare as it is, wouldn't be able to take the extra attention

I am sure there are more things I do but that is what has come to mind.

441My Mequinol Experience - Page 18 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:01 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
MAHARANI wrote:PorcelainSkin,

Some of my sun practices:

Sunblock applied 20 minutes before going out and reapplied when necessary

wear a visor hat to protect face

body is generally well covered with long sleeves and trousers/jeans

where possible, avoid going out at the hottest times of the day 11 am - 3pm and on particularly hot/sunny days

walk on the shady side of the road

have sunblinds on car windows, though plan to have windows tinted eventaully

wear gloves when driving and a pashmina across my neck as the sun tends to hit the neck and chest area whilst driving.

Would love to be able to put my umbrella up in London but too many people stare as it is, wouldn't be able to take the extra attention

I am sure there are more things I do but that is what has come to mind.

Thank you so much, noted!! xox

442My Mequinol Experience - Page 18 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:03 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yes___I mean no wrote:10z sounds like a lot for a month, you only need about 1-2 oz of cream or lotion to cover the body depending on the size,
so 6-8oz and you might have a lot left over, are you only going to use this for a month or are you going to do it again a couple months down the road again? because if you are some leftover might come in handy

I was only recommmended to do this for a month, once a week making it 4 times in the month in total. Would you suggest that I try the lactic acid peel again after 4 months? What good would that do? And you described it as a cream or lotion, is that the form that the lactic acid peel 88% comes in?

443My Mequinol Experience - Page 18 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:32 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
PorcelainSkin wrote:
yes___I mean no wrote:10z sounds like a lot for a month, you only need about 1-2 oz of cream or lotion to cover the body depending on the size,

I was only recommmended to do this for a month, once a week making it 4 times in the month in total. Would you suggest that I try the lactic acid peel again after 4 months? What good would that do? And you described it as a cream or lotion, is that the form that the lactic acid peel 88% comes in?

no, i wouldn't suggest using after 4 months but i just thought you would. in fact i wouldn't use it at all but i guess it worked for others
that would just might cause your skin to peel more and become more raw, i'm not using peels at all, i did one a week before i started and it just made things worse when i started. and the peel is like more like a gel, i just said lotion because most people use a lotion of some kind, makes the reference more relatable

444My Mequinol Experience - Page 18 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:59 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yes___I mean no wrote:
PorcelainSkin wrote:

no, i wouldn't suggest using after 4 months but i just thought you would. in fact i wouldn't use it at all but i guess it worked for others
that would just might cause your skin to peel more and become more raw, i'm not using peels at all, i did one a week before i started and it just made things worse when i started. and the peel is like more like a gel, i just said lotion because most people use a lotion of some kind, makes the reference more relatable

Okay great, i hear you thanks. so i think ill just do it for a month only on my body. how much would you suggest i buy in oz? and in what way did the peels not work for u?

445My Mequinol Experience - Page 18 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:22 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
you might only need 4oz, 1 oz per treatment if your under 150 pounds and 5 ft 10

i say that because that my hight and weight and 1 oz per treatment is more than enough for me.

and the peels worked like they were supposed to but all it did was take off skin, so by the time i used RA it took off even more skin and i had a small amount of hyperpigmentation, it just wasn't worth it for me. don't see the point of taking off skin just so you can take off more and still be warned about over exfoliation, but i hope it works out for you Very Happy

446My Mequinol Experience - Page 18 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:19 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
If you use the lactic peel, wait a good week or two before you apply the rat a.

447My Mequinol Experience - Page 18 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:15 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Hey sweeties, Alizee and yes i mean, thanks for the tips. i am roughly 130 pounds so i guess il order the 4oz of lactic acid peel 88% and dilute it to about 30-45&. Guys pls be aware that I am only using the peel on my body and the using the retin a for my face and neck only. yes i mean no, tell me, does the skin look lighter after some of the skin was removed? And if yes, how much lighter? and if not that much lighter, i was thinking of using a lightening body lotion. i have some sun damaged skin especially on my arms which i would like to rectify

448My Mequinol Experience - Page 18 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:57 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
The reason why lactic acid peels are often a good start is that particularly when the skin is sun damaged, this area tends to be thickened and therefore when skin lightening preparations are applied, they do not penetrate effectively due to this extra barrier. It is also possible for some people to just do a series of peels and practice good sun protection in order for this darkened area to be improved. It may take time though, as often this damaged area has been building up for years and so cannot be expected to disappear overnight.

The suggestion to try this for a month, is to see how well it works and whether you see any improvement. It will definitely soften the texture and feel of your skin. It also means that you can then decide whether you wish to continue longer or start with a lightening regime. The good thing will be that if you do the latter, whatever you decide upon, should act more effectively and more uniformly. It is not essential to do peels but it has been found to be highly effective for many, provided it is done correctly, safely and not too many other exfoliating agents are used at the same time.

If you do decide to use Retin A as part of your body lightening regime at a later date, then as Alizee love mentioned, it is important that you give your self a break from the peels before using this agent. MQ also appears to give some a lot of exfoliation, so again should be used only after a break. I personally did not experience this when I used it, but everyone is different. yes_I mean no, has found the combination of the RA and MQ very exfoliating and has therfore not needed to use any other peeling agents. It would be too much and would just cause problems.

449My Mequinol Experience - Page 18 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:48 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Maharani, thank you so much for the info. Have you used the lactic acid peel on your body before? How long did you use it for? And what results did you get? Do some people experience some lightening after the peels where the sun damaged skin is removed? My arms only got super tanned in the past few months, probably only in March onwards, and would just like them to be the same skin tone as the rest of my body but also lighten by about 2 to 3 skin tones. perhaps i could use melalite to lighten my body and perhaps mix it in my normal body lotion probably 2 weeks after i've stopped with the peels

450My Mequinol Experience - Page 18 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:54 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Yes I have used peels on and off for a number of years. I try not to recommend something unless I have tried it myself. I have used it very successfully on scars and to brighten my skin tone. My body has not really been my main focus, so I only do it when I fancy it. I am in the process of trying a new peel on my arms knees and feet at the moment and am waiting to see how good it is. As I have not done a peel for a little while, I did not leave it on for too long, so am not expecting anything dramatic. I have seen that my arms which are generally soft anyway, are exceptionally smooth to the touch, so something has definitely happened. Will try and do another next week and see how it goes. If it does well, will recommend it.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com