The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
My Mequinol Experience - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
My Mequinol Experience - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
My Mequinol Experience - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
My Mequinol Experience - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
My Mequinol Experience - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
My Mequinol Experience - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
My Mequinol Experience - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
My Mequinol Experience - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
My Mequinol Experience - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
My Mequinol Experience - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 23 of 29]

1My Mequinol Experience - Page 23 Empty My Mequinol Experience Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:27 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
First topic message reminder :

Thanks to Maharani, I have been using Mequinol 10% on the scars on my arms now for almost a week now. Although some of the scar areas have faded some and not too large in size overall, I'm going to see if the mequinol/tretinoin can further remove the darkened areas. It does have a stinky smell LOL, so personally I prefer to use it at night and it is like a thick vaseline formulation, so little is needed as it melts as I rub it in.

Keep in mind, it is recommended that you use retin-a (tretinoin) along with mequinol in order for effective penetration and results. So, I'll keep everyone updated.

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

551My Mequinol Experience - Page 23 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:52 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I was once bed ridden for over a week and I grew a pale pallor to my skin, when I was able to venture outside I started getting darker.

What you're saying is similar to putting lemon juice in your hair and then combing it outside in the sun to give it a light colour.

552My Mequinol Experience - Page 23 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:59 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Interesting Wink

553My Mequinol Experience - Page 23 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:47 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
I am not sure I can test this theory. I am too scared of the sun No sunny

554My Mequinol Experience - Page 23 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:59 pm

Enticing

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yes___I mean no wrote:all of you are going to think i'm crazy for saying this but the sun is definitely helping me lighten, why do i say this, because i avoid the sun as much as possible, then i go out side and come back lighter this has happened several times over the past few years. i cannot explain it. this has even worked with lemon juice but it seems to be a small amount of sun light

heres my theory- the sun's rays are made up of several types of radiation, i think the radiation in small amounts react with the lightener and with that pair you oxidizes the skin pigments. i stand outside for 3 min nothing happens not darker not lighter, stand outside with lemon juice on my face for 3 min, and i'm lighter.

this is certainly a mystery.

what do you think, has this happened to anybody

I dont think its the sun sweety...um its the fresh air...I expierence the same thing...If i stay indoors for a few days my skin tone begins to get dull and a bit lifeless but the fresh air (appart from the free radicals) brings a bit of life to your skin, I dont know if its the oxygen or what...but ya...a few seconds of sun gives u a splash of vitamin D thats all...and u can ge that from a multivitamin.

remember at the age of 10 you've gotten 80% of the sun you'll ever need in your life...after that you dont really need anymore. it just ages you after that Shocked

555My Mequinol Experience - Page 23 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:39 am

Enticing

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
has any one lightened dramatically from mequinol?

or is just good in assisting? i've found that it works great with hydroquinone and tretinoin.

556My Mequinol Experience - Page 23 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:25 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Allure got nice results, you could try asking her^^.

557My Mequinol Experience - Page 23 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:33 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
I only used it for a couple of months so not really long enough to make a real judgement on how effective it is, I did experience a couple of days where I looked pale, a bit like when you have just applied sunscreen, but the effect only lasted a few days. I definitely did not darken whilst using it, like I have heard some mention. It is someting I want to come back to in the future at some point

558My Mequinol Experience - Page 23 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:31 am

Enticing

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
MAHARANI wrote:I only used it for a couple of months so not really long enough to make a real judgement on how effective it is, I did experience a couple of days where I looked pale, a bit like when you have just applied sunscreen, but the effect only lasted a few days. I definitely did not darken whilst using it, like I have heard some mention. It is someting I want to come back to in the future at some point

I'm begining to see a change since I ceased using fair and flawlesss. the brightness in my legs have deminished....I think it might be due to all the scaring.
I need to make that video I think I might...actually not might but Its like a 90% chance that I'm going to cut out that steroid just for a while...lets see how things go without it cause I cant stand this redness and something is not right with it...I'm not saying that just because of dr. oz!

559My Mequinol Experience - Page 23 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:14 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Well fair and flawless does use sepiwhite and it may have been too high of a dosage for your skin.

560My Mequinol Experience - Page 23 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:49 pm

Ondine

Accepted
Accepted
It may be the Neomycin in the NP that you're reacting to. Not every agent is for everyone. If it isn't for your skin, pls stop using it! No sense in beating a dead horse: there are other options out there to test. Also, your skin was sensitized & previously traumatized by a run-in with some other agents & from friction. I don't have any difficulties with it but I'm finding it a little too moisturising for my skin's needs. So far, of all the agents I've tried, TRETINOIN remains my #1 miracle gold-in-a-tube agent. Works like a charm on my skin & amps up the effects of the HQ4% very well.

561My Mequinol Experience - Page 23 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:14 am

Enticing

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Ondine wrote:It may be the Neomycin in the NP that you're reacting to. Not every agent is for everyone. If it isn't for your skin, pls stop using it! No sense in beating a dead horse: there are other options out there to test. Also, your skin was sensitized & previously traumatized by a run-in with some other agents & from friction. I don't have any difficulties with it but I'm finding it a little too moisturising for my skin's needs. So far, of all the agents I've tried, TRETINOIN remains my #1 miracle gold-in-a-tube agent. Works like a charm on my skin & amps up the effects of the HQ4% very well.

I agree...ya tretinoin is the best...I'm gonna make the video in a sec...u guys will see what I'm talking about..

562My Mequinol Experience - Page 23 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:24 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Hey guys, hope you are all well. Its so weird though because tretoinion did nothing for me. I used it just over a month at the 0.01% and it did nothing, no peeling, no difference, nothing.. perhaps i shud have started applying a higher % after the 0.01% but then i decided to try the lactic acid peel. im glad it worked wonders for all of u.. are you using it with HQ??

563My Mequinol Experience - Page 23 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:05 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
PorcelainSkin,

How is everything today?

564My Mequinol Experience - Page 23 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:21 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
MAHARANI wrote:PorcelainSkin,

How is everything today?

Hi mom, lol, I sent u a PM.

565My Mequinol Experience - Page 23 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:52 am

Enticing

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
OK MY VIDEO'S ARE UP UNDER "ENTICING'S VIDEOS!"

566My Mequinol Experience - Page 23 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:02 am

Enticing

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

HEY GUYS VIDEO UPDATE!!!! WATCH WHILE YOU CAN!!! WONT BE UP LONG!!!!

567My Mequinol Experience - Page 23 Empty mequinol for begginer Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:30 pm

majie_ lee

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
hi!im just new in here!ive read a lot about mequinol,and im kinda interested to try it..but right now i am using 4% hydroquinone on my arms for 2 weeks.i just have 2 questions;what is the best % of mequinol and retin a for a begginer and second,how 2 mix MQ & retin a?thanks.. Smile

568My Mequinol Experience - Page 23 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:31 am

Enticing

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
majie_ lee wrote:hi!im just new in here!ive read a lot about mequinol,and im kinda interested to try it..but right now i am using 4% hydroquinone on my arms for 2 weeks.i just have 2 questions;what is the best % of mequinol and retin a for a begginer and second,how 2 mix MQ & retin a?thanks.. Smile

dont waste your time with the mequinol...0.1% of retin A or lower is good to use with any lightening Regimen...the best way to apply is place a pea sized drop of Retin A into the palm of your hand and mix with what ever lightening agent you're using and apply!

again...dont waste your time with the mequinol, it doesn't work unless you're using it for dark spots or age spots. not over all skin depigmenting!

569My Mequinol Experience - Page 23 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:45 am

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
From what I have read lightening with Mequinol is a slow process as is in some cases using Hydroquinone. It is a definite lightener but may take at least 5 - 6 months to see results. Now for most this is seen as too long a period but if one wishes to persist then it can indeed be used as a lightener.

570My Mequinol Experience - Page 23 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:46 am

Enticing

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
GOTHQUEEN wrote:From what I have read lightening with Mequinol is a slow process as is in some cases using Hydroquinone. It is a definite lightener but may take at least 5 - 6 months to see results. Now for most this is seen as too long a period but if one wishes to persist then it can indeed be used as a lightener.

nope...Hydroquinone starts showing results LOOONG before mequinol and the lightening is NOT the same, mequinol rips the skin, where as with hydroquinone is a gradual massacre of the pigmentation. I thought I was seeing results with mequinol too but it was just the after effects of the fair and flawless, and I used it for quite some time, the only person I know of who has seen results with mequinol is "girl" from skincaretalk, other than that no body...but it might work for you everyone is different so you should try it...

571My Mequinol Experience - Page 23 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:05 am

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Yes HQ gives quicker results than MQ but some people do not experience lightening quickly either with it and may have to wait a few months before seeing any effect. Like you said we all have differing experiences so have to find what works best for us.

572My Mequinol Experience - Page 23 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:36 pm

Hi everyone,

Sorry I've been MIA for so long, I want to give an update of my mequinol experience, I didnt see any change, although i used just for a month and then stop because it was summer and it was too hot outside and even thought so i dont it would be better if i start using it again in the winter, well Im planing to start tomorrow again a regime tomorrow again, but not with Mequinol this time I want to use the Kligman's formula, as i was reading is very effective, i am gonna start using it on my legs first and see how it goes.

with the HQ/Ra i did get great results in my face but not in my body, but my face got once i stop using it. i guess i should continue using it at least three times a week.

Ill keep everyone posted and see how it works for me.

573My Mequinol Experience - Page 23 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:39 pm

Enticing

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Arebama wrote:Hi everyone,

Sorry I've been MIA for so long, I want to give an update of my mequinol experience, I didnt see any change, although i used just for a month and then stop because it was summer and it was too hot outside and even thought so i dont it would be better if i start using it again in the winter, well Im planing to start tomorrow again a regime tomorrow again, but not with Mequinol this time I want to use the Kligman's formula, as i was reading is very effective, i am gonna start using it on my legs first and see how it goes.

with the HQ/Ra i did get great results in my face but not in my body, but my face got once i stop using it. i guess i should continue using it at least three times a week.

a word from the wise Arebama, please look out for my next video! I've used all these regimen's before and then some! mequinol wont work unless you're using it for liver spots...you're just throwing away your money!
with the Kligman formula you have to be very careful it doesn't work well for everyone and even if you use retin A with the steroid you could get horrid stretch marks as well, i got them however I was able to regenerate my skin with retin A and fair and flawless, thankfully I didn't use that stuff too long the the point were I damaged my skin beyond repaire!

further more! hydroquinone on its own doesn't agree with everyone and I'm not suprised you didn't see results on your body.

its good that you're expiermenting so you can find whats good for you cause everyone's anotomy is different! fair and flawless 5xf gel works wonders for me, I swear if they ever stop selling it I'll die lol! but fair and flawless should be in buiesness for a long time, they better not mess with that formulation!

be fore warned however! dont ignore signs of discomfort or disfigurement! they will only get worse with time if you chose to ignore them!

what I know for sure! mequinol will not work for total body skin lightening, the kligman formula might or might not work for you, and monobenzone is a no! no!

574My Mequinol Experience - Page 23 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:47 pm

Thanks Enticing,

i just re-read my post, and i was missing a few words, when i was using mequinol i used it with the RA. and no chages...

and The Ra/HQ worked but when i stop using it a re-darken again.

i was reading Odine post and she swear by the Kligman's regimen, i just boutght the Neosprosone gel today im planing to mix it with the RA/HQ. i dont know if should do the Latic acid peel first???

Also F/F i heard every one says is very expensive??? and do you happen to know what ingredients do they use in F/F?

575My Mequinol Experience - Page 23 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:51 pm

Enticing wrote:
Arebama wrote:Hi everyone,

a word from the wise Arebama, please look out for my next video! I've used all these regimen's before and then some! mequinol wont work unless you're using it for liver spots...you're just throwing away your money!
with the Kligman formula you have to be very careful it doesn't work well for everyone and even if you use retin A with the steroid you could get horrid stretch marks as well, i got them however I was able to regenerate my skin with retin A and fair and flawless, thankfully I didn't use that stuff too long the the point were I damaged my skin beyond repaire!

further more! hydroquinone on its own doesn't agree with everyone and I'm not suprised you didn't see results on your body.

its good that you're expiermenting so you can find whats good for you cause everyone's anotomy is different! fair and flawless 5xf gel works wonders for me, I swear if they ever stop selling it I'll die lol! but fair and flawless should be in buiesness for a long time, they better not mess with that formulation!

be fore warned however! dont ignore signs of discomfort or disfigurement! they will only get worse with time if you chose to ignore them!

what I know for sure! mequinol will not work for total body skin lightening, the kligman formula might or might not work for you, and monobenzone is a no! no!

And I missed your Videos, I was so Mad:/. I hope i can get to see it next time you post one.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 23 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com