The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
My Mequinol Experience - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
My Mequinol Experience - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
My Mequinol Experience - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
My Mequinol Experience - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
My Mequinol Experience - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
My Mequinol Experience - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
My Mequinol Experience - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
My Mequinol Experience - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
My Mequinol Experience - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
My Mequinol Experience - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 22 of 29]

1My Mequinol Experience - Page 22 Empty My Mequinol Experience Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:27 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
First topic message reminder :

Thanks to Maharani, I have been using Mequinol 10% on the scars on my arms now for almost a week now. Although some of the scar areas have faded some and not too large in size overall, I'm going to see if the mequinol/tretinoin can further remove the darkened areas. It does have a stinky smell LOL, so personally I prefer to use it at night and it is like a thick vaseline formulation, so little is needed as it melts as I rub it in.

Keep in mind, it is recommended that you use retin-a (tretinoin) along with mequinol in order for effective penetration and results. So, I'll keep everyone updated.

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

526My Mequinol Experience - Page 22 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:17 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
cotton pads tend to soak up a lot of the solution, but some people do use them. The brushes, well cleaned, could be a better option.

88 % is a high percentage to start right off with, even for tough areas like the knees. Better to dilute and then see how it goes and increase as you feel necessary. As you do each treatment you will be better able to gauge when to increase.

527My Mequinol Experience - Page 22 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:33 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Sounds good, thank you Wink

528My Mequinol Experience - Page 22 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:36 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
i have underestimated the benefits year old cocoa butter lotion

529My Mequinol Experience - Page 22 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:40 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yes___I mean no wrote:i have underestimated the benefits year old cocoa butter lotion

Hey you, how is everything going? Have you sorted everything out? We're worried about you Sad hahaha, what benefits have you experienced with the cocoa butter? do tell Wink

530My Mequinol Experience - Page 22 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:39 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
I need to know too. I used to love smothering myself in the stuff.

531My Mequinol Experience - Page 22 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:22 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
got a little darker, think it's due to dry skin because i use is mq/ra on my face nothing else for months, tossed some lotion on my face and the hyperpigmentation is going down.

sorry for not posting, been really really busy with college and artwork

not sure if anybody remembers but i'm due for pictures this sunday, i'm lighter than when i started but still have the hyperpigmentation so i'll have to see how it goes

532My Mequinol Experience - Page 22 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:48 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
yes_I mean no,

You sound so much better than your last post. I didn't forget about the pic, but obviously only post if you are happy to do so. We are not going to hold you to anything, but don't be surprised if we start chatting about you behind your back !!! LOL. But it's great to hear that there has been lightening, So YAY to that !!! Don't work too hard now.

533My Mequinol Experience - Page 22 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:13 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Yeah I agree with Maharani, please only post pics only when you feel really comfortable. Other than that, we'll still be rooting for you. How's regimen coming along Maharani?

534My Mequinol Experience - Page 22 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:29 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Still the vit C in the morning and retin A in the evening. HQ coming back soon.

535My Mequinol Experience - Page 22 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:07 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
How's the skin looking hun?

536My Mequinol Experience - Page 22 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:30 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
posting before and after pics next Saturday, maybe sooner but definitely this week pirat

537My Mequinol Experience - Page 22 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:25 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Really looking forward to it !!!

538My Mequinol Experience - Page 22 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:31 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
PorcelainSkin,

What I am trying to do, is get my skin used to the RA at 0.05%. I have been using the 0.025% for a while. Since I have increased it, there has been a lot more peeling and a few days when my skin looked a little red, so I just stoppped using it for a few days and then resumed with buffering and have had no problems since. I will then introduce the HQ.

Last edited by MAHARANI on Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total

539My Mequinol Experience - Page 22 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:45 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
MAHARANI wrote:PorccelainSkin,

What I am trying to do, is get my skin used to the RA at 0.05%. I have been using the 0.025% for a while. Since I have increased it, there has been a lot more peeling and a few days when my skin looked a little red, so I just stoppped using it for a few days and then resumed with buffering and have had no problems since. I will then introduce the HQ.

Yeah I agree, it makes sense. I'm still using the retin a once a daily and have experienced no peeling at all. It's been a month. Is this normal? I'm going to start HQ soon after I'm done with the lactic peels starting this week Wink

540My Mequinol Experience - Page 22 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:57 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
At the percentage you started, this is not unusual. But don't think that you are not getting any benefits. You are still getting your skin used to retinoid application and sometimes the peeling may be very slight and not very obvious. You may now be ready to increase the percentage, but still make sure you keep an eye on your skin and cut back or buffer if you need to. Are you able to get higher concentrations over the counter?

541My Mequinol Experience - Page 22 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:11 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
MAHARANI wrote:At the percentage you started, this is not unusual. But don't think that you are not getting any benefits. You are still getting your skin used to retinoid application and sometimes the peeling may be very slight and not very obvious. You may now be ready to increase the percentage, but still make sure you keep an eye on your skin and cut back or buffer if you need to. Are you able to get higher concentrations over the counter?

Yes I think I can get higher percentages but if I remember correctly, only the cream that's higher in % not the gel. So u think I shud start getting to a higher percentage? Or continue it for a little while longer? I'm doing the lactic patch test in about an hours time. So should I just apply it on my arm and leave it on and see how it reacts in 48 hours time?

542My Mequinol Experience - Page 22 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:07 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I would think you should stop applying ret a for a few days before andafter you use the peel

543My Mequinol Experience - Page 22 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:18 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Alizee love wrote:I would think you should stop applying ret a for a few days before andafter you use the peel

I'm using retin a only on my face and the peels only on my body..

544My Mequinol Experience - Page 22 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:00 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Oh I didn't realize that, then carry on^^.

545My Mequinol Experience - Page 22 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:46 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Alizee love wrote:Oh I didn't realize that, then carry on^^.

Will do hun and will keep you posted on the progress. Blessed week everyone Wink

546My Mequinol Experience - Page 22 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:30 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Porcelainskin,

as you have not experienced any peeling or problems, then if you want I would think about upping the percentage of yur Retin A. I personally prefer the gel, as it absorbs better and if you have an oily skin type then the gel is preferable.

The lactic peel should be applied to somewhere like the inner wrist or inner elbow, left on for the appropriate time and then rinsed off or neutralised. You must wait at least 24 - 48 hours to see how your skin reacts to it.

547My Mequinol Experience - Page 22 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:40 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Okay great, will continue for the retin a for one more week and if its still no peeling, ill up the %. and will do the patch test tomorow. thank u everyone Wink

548My Mequinol Experience - Page 22 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:04 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
all of you are going to think i'm crazy for saying this but the sun is definitely helping me lighten, why do i say this, because i avoid the sun as much as possible, then i go out side and come back lighter this has happened several times over the past few years. i cannot explain it. this has even worked with lemon juice but it seems to be a small amount of sun light

heres my theory- the sun's rays are made up of several types of radiation, i think the radiation in small amounts react with the lightener and with that pair you oxidizes the skin pigments. i stand outside for 3 min nothing happens not darker not lighter, stand outside with lemon juice on my face for 3 min, and i'm lighter.

this is certainly a mystery.

what do you think, has this happened to anybody

549My Mequinol Experience - Page 22 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:07 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Yes I mean no, wow, now that is a theory I have never heard of. I am glad its working out for you. I hope after getting lighter, it wont have a reverse reaction and darken you. But you did mention earlier how you did darken alittle bit. Do you perhaps know what might have caused that?

550My Mequinol Experience - Page 22 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:03 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
the sun lightening is very interesting, that process is similar to what happens in hair, i would like to find out what conditions would make this occur in the skin.

and the darkening was from dry skin, but cocoa butter helped with that.

also i think is happening others who are likely not aware, mainly because your all exposed to the sun, in order to prove my theory some one would have to stay in there house and not leave for a week. if there indeed any benefits coming from the sun, hiding from it should make you darker.

but like i said it does sound crazy

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com