The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
I can't believe I bought the 10% - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
I can't believe I bought the 10% - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
I can't believe I bought the 10% - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
I can't believe I bought the 10% - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
I can't believe I bought the 10% - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
I can't believe I bought the 10% - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
I can't believe I bought the 10% - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
I can't believe I bought the 10% - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
I can't believe I bought the 10% - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
I can't believe I bought the 10% - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

1I can't believe I bought the 10% - Page 4 Empty I can't believe I bought the 10% Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:27 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
First topic message reminder :

Well the Little Miss impatience in me gave in and ordered the 10% hq from Isis. I am having good results from the nadinola and retin a and want something for my body. I did plan on starting once my face had caught up with my body but as some say the body takes long to lighten I though that I should start now anyway. well that is my excuse lol.

My only concern is the really hot climate I am in and whether I am just asking for trouble. I am faithful to covering up and sunblock but I am still a bit worried. Also maintenance worries me. I wanted to try this because enticing said it was doing great for him and I think I will need something heavy duty for my permatanned body. I will try and keep a review as much as I can. wish me luck Very Happy

76I can't believe I bought the 10% - Page 4 Empty Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:50 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I am Crying or Very sad to say that I really cannot see any difference. I am sure it has ben 4 weeks now so something should have happened. I even started back using the retin a in case this was what was hampering things but nothing to tell. This is so fustrating because it was not exactly cheap. Lilikoi have you seen any more changes on your body yet. I still think we have different concentrations. I wish Enticing would come back and update how he has found it too.

77I can't believe I bought the 10% - Page 4 Empty Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:35 am

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Man sorry it hasn't started to do anything yet. I think Lili said it was working on her face but was yet to see a significant difference in her body. Correct me if I am wrong Lilikoi. I say give it a bit longer & see if you just need a bit more time

78I can't believe I bought the 10% - Page 4 Empty Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:08 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
I agree, give it a bit more time. You must still have some of the 10% left if you have only been using it on your arms and feet . Bodies can be notoriously hard to lighten for some. People have to remember, it may have taken years to get to the colour they are seeing, with years of sun exposure so you cannot undo it all in a matter of weeks. Don't be disheartened and keep doing the updates hun. Smile

79I can't believe I bought the 10% - Page 4 Empty Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:58 am

Viola

Accepted
Accepted
Frankly,i got the 10%hq too n its been weeks...but sincerely,am not seeing much at all! I dont know... My makari does a far better job.
Am sad.

80I can't believe I bought the 10% - Page 4 Empty Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:54 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Did you make sure to exfoliate for six weeks before using the hq? If not your product could be going to waste because you're just rubbing it onto sun damaged skin.

81I can't believe I bought the 10% - Page 4 Empty Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:11 pm

Viola

Accepted
Accepted
I always always exfoliate!

82I can't believe I bought the 10% - Page 4 Empty Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:37 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
That's great. I can't tell you how much money I wasted because I didn't exfoliate first.

83I can't believe I bought the 10% - Page 4 Empty Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:18 am

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
So it looks like most people are not seeing great improvement even with retin A and other exfoliants? Those who compund themselves seem to have more results quite frankly.

84I can't believe I bought the 10% - Page 4 Empty Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:48 am

Viola

Accepted
Accepted
Where is enticing?i wish he comes back to give us updates.as 4 me...nothing much.i use makari glycerine with my hq lotion...plus vit C

85I can't believe I bought the 10% - Page 4 Empty Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:57 am

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Viola how long has it been for the 10%? It would be nice to hear from Enticing as he seeemed to be making good progress with it at the time but frankly the vote seems to be that it is a Nay as opposed to a Yay for most users of it

86I can't believe I bought the 10% - Page 4 Empty Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:26 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I'm not sure. On SCT there was a user who got great results at first,she was also using their hq soap, but then it seemd to stop. However she did say a few ties she was out in the sun plus I think some expect to lighten two to three shades in a month.

I have heard of people getting great results when they compound there own. I wonder if it is because they tend to not add as many preservatives.

87I can't believe I bought the 10% - Page 4 Empty Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:26 pm

Viola

Accepted
Accepted
Gurl...i have been using it 4 like 6weeks now! I wont say I have gone darker...but I have not gone much lighter.hmmmmm

88I can't believe I bought the 10% - Page 4 Empty Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:46 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Hmmmm I know that can be a bummer but don't give up yet Smile. Since you paid for the Isis I would just use it until it is gone. Have you started using it twice a day yet? Also you might want to add a lightening soap to give you a boost.

89I can't believe I bought the 10% - Page 4 Empty Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:02 pm

Viola

Accepted
Accepted
Yeah...u r right.i will use it till its all gone. Then...lets see some Divine Diva Skincare

90I can't believe I bought the 10% - Page 4 Empty Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:04 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
The diva skincare seems interesting and she does offer steroid laced and steroid free products which is nice but I thinkk I will just go with HQ for about three or four months then switch to a more natural one to keep my new shade.

91I can't believe I bought the 10% - Page 4 Empty Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:50 pm

Lilikoi

Accepted
Accepted
Quia

I'm sorry I'm late responding. I actually stopped using it on my body a long time ago, I've been only maintaining on the face. That's not to say I wouldn't consider it for the body again in the future but I had to work on more permatan removal. So I've been using F&F 5xf on the body off & on and saw much better results. I add Retin A to F&F applications, but even before I did I saw exfoliation & lightening.
On my hands, knees, feet, and elbows I've seen a great improvement. I wrap the hands & feet up at night in gloves & saran w/ RA & F&F. No stretch marks or other issues.
My face isn't lightening as fast as it did the 1st wk w/ my 10% but it is still lightening just slower. I've recently added Kojie San soap to the routine and that's giving the face a boost.
I asked you before a couple of times(& forgive me if you answered already) but I was anxious to know if you had been doing peels Quia.

92I can't believe I bought the 10% - Page 4 Empty Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:24 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
No peels just retin A . Maybe the key is to do some peels but I have areas where there is no permatan where I have been testing just to check and nothing there either. Wow Fair and flawless prices are crazy but pleased it is working for you. Which Kojie san are you using: the lightening or anti aging?

93I can't believe I bought the 10% - Page 4 Empty Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:32 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Viola so it does not seem to be working for you either. Either we both have very stubborn skin or it is defo NOT 10%. I am still thinking Lilikoi got a higher percentage, maybe not 20% but higher than mine. I want to see about Divin Diva too but don't want to spend on something else that does nothing for my skin. Hopefully we will get some good reviews. Or it will be compounding for me but I have no idea how I will do it without arrousing suspicions from family scratch

94I can't believe I bought the 10% - Page 4 Empty Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:07 pm

Lilikoi

Accepted
Accepted
I'm using Kojie San's whitening, not anti-aging. It's irritating if left on too long for me, but many others have good success by letting it sit. I leave it on for 1 min, any longer and I feel like my face is on fire.

Sounds like it's on to the next thing for you my Quia, even when I finish my bottle or in 4 wks (whichever comes 1st) I'll be retiring the 10%, too scary to use high % for long time.So I'll be in search along w/ you.

I know that 5xf is so pricey but it's just as a starter, too expensive for maintenance. Maybe Diva's stuff could provide a new option, I'm crossing my fingers too. Like a Star @ heaven

95I can't believe I bought the 10% - Page 4 Empty Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:27 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
d**n. I was really hoping to use Isis but you guys aren't the only ones saying it doesn't seem to lighten as it should for 10%. Maybe in a month or two when your skin cells will ave turned over you'll see the new lighter skin beneath it?

I always wanted to try the 5x gel but so many people had the nasty side effects you gethfrom steroids that now I justcant see spending that much on a steroid cream when I could but neoproson forte gel for less.

96I can't believe I bought the 10% - Page 4 Empty Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:56 pm

Lilikoi

Accepted
Accepted
Yes people I've read mixed reviews but I haven't had any problems. Maybe b/c of the RA, I don't know. The Neoprosone is popular but I don't know anything about it. And I haven't had it tested myself so can't say for sure if it's steroids or not even though that's what the general thinking is.

All I know is that my hands and arms are a lot better than before. But, like I said I didn't have enough exfoliation to see what the 10% could have done to my body, so I don't want to discourage any one from using it. In addition I'm pleased with the overall results for my face though. I'm just more concerned with Isis's professionalism concerning the strong odor of Quia's 10% & my receiving an altered label. However for those who self formulate seem to have the best success. So we'll see what happens.

97I can't believe I bought the 10% - Page 4 Empty Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:49 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Yeah exfoliationg is so important. That is why all this summer I have been just exfoliating and will so so until it gets cooler,that's usually around September for where I live.

If you did not exfoliate properly that could be why you did not see the results one might expect from 10% HQ. I think you using Ret-A might counter balance any negative side-effects from the possible steroids in the gel, like a version of the kilgman formula. I have heard the customer service is hit or miss at times but as long as I get what I pay for I'm ok lol.

98I can't believe I bought the 10% - Page 4 Empty Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:00 am

Lilikoi

Accepted
Accepted
Well at least there's no signs of pimples, thank god. I saw some real nightmares running around in NY. My face was well exfoliated.

One interesting thing I noticed about the 10% theses past days is that usually I have to mix the HQ w/ lotion (equal parts) because the HQ gave my tiny pimples (milia). But w/ the Kojie San soap I'm now able to use the HQ full strength. It seems like the soap is not allowing the milia to form. So I've seen better lighting these past days now that my formula isn't diluted. The RA isn't peeling like crazy anymore either. Still peels but much easier to manage now, no emergency ziplock baggies of lotion in my purse in case my face cracks in public. lol!

99I can't believe I bought the 10% - Page 4 Empty Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:14 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Lolz rotflmao. Why do I get an image from that movie where the two ladies live forever and literally shatter into pieces at the very end when a car hits them lol. I can see myself with a 'stash' of emergency lotion just in case lol.

Well I know the directions say to mix the hq with parts of lotion so you don't get rebound-darkening and that will make the hq take longer to works as fast but hey, slow and steady wins the race.I know after three weeks or so it says you can use the hq by itself. Kojie san is agreat soap but be careful, it is potent and since you're also using ret a I wouldn't use the KS more then once a day or twice every other day.

100I can't believe I bought the 10% - Page 4 Empty Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:34 am

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
I have been using Kojie sans, both the anti aging and lightening and it is definitley my favourite out of all the soaps I have tried like Likas, black soap, Diana stader etc. Hands down

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com