The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 6 of 14]

1Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 6 Empty Tell Us About Yourself! Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:48 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
First topic message reminder :

Hello, and welcome to the Skin Philosophy Skin Care Forum. We encourage new members to take a moment to tell us a little about themselves--Who you are and what are your hobbies? Where are you from? What do you like and dislike? and why you chose to join our community.

If you are going to start an introduction thread, please make it worthwhile for others to read. Enjoy your time at TSP. Please read the FAQs and Rules, familiarize yourself with the stickies and announcements in the different forums, and take the time to read what you write before you post it.

Last edited by Golden Girl on Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

126Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 6 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Sat May 29, 2010 12:09 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Eggomini,

Hiya. I did notice that you had been away for sometime over there and wondered where you had got to. Glad you found the forum. I know your experience will be much valued here. A very warm welcome and happy EVEN lightening !!!

127Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 6 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Sat May 29, 2010 12:13 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Incognito,

Welcome to the board. I see that you are already getting assistance, so wishing you all the best in reaching your goals and looking forward to hearing how you get along .

128Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 6 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Sat May 29, 2010 12:17 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
EggoMini wrote:Hi all!

I've been on the other well-known skin forums and only found this one today. I recognize a few names!

My skin issues were & are mostly sun damage on normally exposed areas (face, back of neck, outer arms, tops of feet etc.) and melasma on my cheeks. (face cheeks). I was faithfully using lighteners, peels and sunscreen for a while. Then I went to a sunscreen only regi and the patches came back on my cheeks. So i'm back to my old regi for like the last 3 weeks.. & already see results.

I sometimes wish my skin wasn't so high (IMO) maintainence but it's what I have to deal with for even skin i guess.

Hello and hugs too all! I love you

Hi Eggomini, glad to have you here and I have missed reading your posts! I do recall viewing your before/after pics and loved your results. Welcome.

129Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 6 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Sat May 29, 2010 12:24 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Incognito wrote:Hi everyone! I find this wonderful website on google, I live in the province of Quebec, in Canada so my english is very bad (sorry!). French is my mother tongue so if I make some mistakes dont be too surprise. Well I would like to light my skin a little bit, my body is a lighter than my face so I would like to "Correct" this thing.

Welcome Incognito, nice name. So happy you found your way here to the site and we will all pitch in with offering advice for your skin correction quest. Don't worry, your nglish is fine and feel free to ask any questions.

130Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 6 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Sat May 29, 2010 12:26 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
yes___I mean no wrote:
i could only tell you the few things i'v used, but theres a person named golden girl over here, shes like the queen of lightening and has an extensive library of knowledge about lightening.

LOL! oh wow, thanks for the compliment. I still have a lot of learning to do, but will try to assist to my best ability.

131Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 6 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Sat May 29, 2010 12:30 pm

Incognito

Visitor
Visitor
Thank you everyone, I will watch the post here and ask question after.

132Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 6 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Sat May 29, 2010 12:42 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
Incognito,
your probably looking at 3 shades at the most. you could use mequinol and retin a mix in low concentrations, let me know if you dont know what those are. and i have never used this but i have heard good results from Makari Body Beautifying Milk but it is expensive and for your whole body, thats lot of money.
retin a and mequinol is safe to use, shipping is a lot but ordering in bulk its cheap.

l but if your still feeling uncomfortable about this theres no rush, i'm still waiting for my mequinol but if you would like to wait a month and i will be posting pictures of my results and you can decide if its right for you.

133Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 6 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Sat May 29, 2010 12:47 pm

Incognito

Visitor
Visitor
I look all the options,Tell me your results.

I remember using idole soap 6 years ago, it was good for my acne

134Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 6 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Sat May 29, 2010 1:05 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Keep in mind though, mequinol isn't a fast skin lightener but it is consistent and using it along with retin-a (tretinoin, vitamin A derivative) or adapalene (a milder vitamin A derivative) it can help lighten the skin several shades over a course of time. But, there are other options to lighten skin [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What are the active ingredients in Idole soap?

135Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 6 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Sat May 29, 2010 1:42 pm

Incognito

Visitor
Visitor
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sodium Tallowate, sodium cocoate, Aqua(Water),glycerin, parfum(Fragrance), Persea gratissima (avocado) fruit powder,buthylphenyl,methylpropional, citronellol,coumarin,geraniol, hexylcinnamal, hidroxycitronellal,isoeugenol,limonene,linalool, sodium chloride, trisodium heda, Iron oxides, BHT

136Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 6 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Sat May 29, 2010 1:43 pm

Incognito

Visitor
Visitor
Golden Girl wrote:Keep in mind though, mequinol isn't a fast skin lightener but it is consistent and using it along with retin-a (tretinoin, vitamin A derivative) or adapalene (a milder vitamin A derivative) it can help lighten the skin several shades over a course of time. But, there are other options to lighten skin [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What are the active ingredients in Idole soap?

Well even if a take time, I'm ready!

How much all this cost and does it easy to found

137Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 6 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Sat May 29, 2010 2:02 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Hello icgonito,

From my understanding you can buy meq for eight dollars a tube from goldpharm, keep in mind you also have to buy a prescription which I believe is also eight dollars;then there is shipping.

The ret a you can find at alldaychemist and buy anywhere from two to three dollars each, keep in mind there is a standard twentyfive dollar shipping charge on all orders

138Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 6 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Sat May 29, 2010 2:12 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Hello icgonito,

From my understanding you can buy meq for eight dollars a tube from goldpharm, keep in mind you also have to buy a prescription which I believe is also eight dollars;then there is shipping.

The ret a you can find at alldaychemist and buy anywhere from two to three dollars each, keep in mind there is a standard twentyfive dollar shipping charge on all orders

139Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 6 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Sun May 30, 2010 9:13 am

Incognito

Visitor
Visitor
Why we need to buy a prescription ?

140Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 6 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Sun May 30, 2010 11:52 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
Incognito wrote:Why we need to buy a prescription ?

good question, but i rather pay 8 dollars for one then to go to a doctor and have him say "well theres nothing wrong with you, soooo i'm going to deny your subscription" unless we have vitiligo or hyper pigmentation most people wont get prescriptions for this kind of stuff.
8 dollars is a bargain Very Happy

141Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 6 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Sun May 30, 2010 1:04 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
If I'm not mistaken the reason is,as yes stated above, that tmequinol is used only with a prescription and you couldn't get it from a doctor if you have good skin. I suppose this is goldpharmas way of protecting themselves; smart people. Lol

Oh nd from what I know good skin is anyone who does not have a skin disease

142Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 6 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Sun May 30, 2010 5:40 pm

Incognito

Visitor
Visitor
Ok ok,It will not go to my medical record?

143Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 6 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Sun May 30, 2010 6:46 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
No I don't think so. From what I know they just have you pay for a "prescription" I guess its just so if anyone ever looks inot them they can't say they sell to people without a prescription. Maybe one of our mq users can correct me if I'm wrong

144Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 6 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:13 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Like Alizee love mentioned, they have to make sure that they have dispensed this medication as correctly as is possible without having the person in front of them. By asking you general questions about your health and current concerns, then I guess it covers them that it has not been provided without some sort of background info, as it is a prescription item .

145Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 6 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:13 pm

ladan2010

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
hello everyone, my name is ladan. i am happy to be a part of this forum. my skin shade is brown with acne marks. i wish to get rid of the acne marks and become two shades lighter. some of the products i've tried:
fasco cream: worked well first time around, but the second jar i bought was crap.
luzianna cream: same as fasco
ambi cream: didn't work at all. in fact it made me darker
i am interested in trying out otentika and makari products, any luck with those products?

146Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 6 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:50 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Otentika sounds familiar. My sister used some Japanese cream which sounds similar to that and it did lighten her face but was very, very expensive

147Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 6 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:09 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
ladan2010,

A very warm welcome to the board. I hope that you find much help in achieving your goal.

I have tried otentika and whilst it only really brightened my skin, I have read that for some it did give a lightening effect. It is relatively inexpensive, so may be worth a try. Makari, again I have tried. Saw very good lightening, but it did give me spots, which I never get. I found that the seond time I used it, that by incorporating Retin A into the regime, this was avoided. Our administrator, Golden Girl, got very remarkable results with it and not much problems. You may find that incorporating retin A into your regime will help with the acne spots you mentioned and your overall skin condition.

I have not heard of the other two products you mentioned . Was it something you bought on line and maybe you have a link or do you know what the active lightening ingredients were?

148Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 6 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:55 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
welcome ladan2010, i hope you find the help that your looking for over here.

149Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 6 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:24 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Big welcome Laden, so happy to have you here. True, makari did have it's ups and downs..I achieved positive results, but there is the chance of getting acne, dark marks, and the prices aren't really cheap. That said, yeah I would use their cremes again.

150Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 6 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:23 pm

Calista

Visitor
Visitor
Hello Everyone,
Thanks, for allowing me to join your great community. I see so much wonderful and helpful information. I hope I can provide helpful information based on my personal experiences as well.
A little about me: I have had problem skin since college. I used to have extremely oily skin, a condition that only worsened with the stress of school and work. I have been to many dermatologists and have tried just about everything under the sun for acne, dark spots, scarring etc. I feel I'm an acne veteran and I'm very familiar with most treatments. I also have sensitive skin (yay for me! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ) and scar easily. I'm always on the look-out for new solutions to make life easier. I would love to share what knowledge I have. I look forward to chatting with all of you. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com