The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 8 of 24]

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
First topic message reminder :

Hi guys,
Been lurking for a while and would like to share with you my mequinol experience with you, albeit its just been day! I got my MQ from Goldpharma and it arrived within 2 wks of purchase. I use RA .1% along with the entire tube of MQ mixed with 4 oz of cocoa butter (fruits of the earth one). I mixed everything in a jar making sure that it is closed tightly. Last night I applied to wet skin. My skin felt cool like for 5 minutes. I applied this all over my body. This morning I re-applied to wet skin and got the same cooling/tingling experience. I am not sure if this will work but will update in a few days.

luanhair

Visitor
Visitor
MAHARANI wrote:luanhair,

Here is a link to the official F & F website

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and for those in the UK, there is all a small section of it available from a UK supplier.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have had very good results from F & F, but it has not always been consistent and I do not believe that they can justify such a high price. At the moment there seems to be alot of interest in the suntan removal cream and the 5 x F which is to be used on the body only.

If you can find a cheaper alternative that works then I would give F & F a definite miss until they decide to reduce their rdiculous prices.
I was just curious, I keep on hearing reviews sorta like yours, so Ive never wanted to try it. It sounds like it could go either way with product base on the reviews. But one thing all seem to agree on is that it's TOO HIGH IN PRICE. So I'm gonna try this MQ/RA thing and see how it goes. I'm still waiting on both my orders from Goldpharm and Alldaychemist. I think I will recieve my RA first, do u all think it would be ok to start using the plain RA til my MQ get here on my arms and stuff just to like get a head start on removing dead skin? Ive been doing some glycloic peels on my arms,chest,neck and knees to kinda get my skin prepared to aborbs the MQ/RA treatments better,but I must say that I havent seen a thing change. I ordered extra RA so I thought since I probably gonna get the RA a week before the MQ I could start pre-treating these stubborn arms. Is that ok to do?

luanhair

Visitor
Visitor
allure wrote:Hi guys,
Been lurking for a while and would like to share with you my mequinol experience with you, albeit its just been day! I got my MQ from Goldpharma and it arrived within 2 wks of purchase. I use RA .1% along with the entire tube of MQ mixed with 4 oz of cocoa butter (fruits of the earth one). I mixed everything in a jar making sure that it is closed tightly. Last night I applied to wet skin. My skin felt cool like for 5 minutes. I applied this all over my body. This morning I re-applied to wet skin and got the same cooling/tingling experience. I am not sure if this will work but will update in a few days.
Hey Allure I was just thinking about something you mentioned in one of your post and was wondering if you think that this may causing itching as well. I don't know if it does but I thought I post to see what you guys thought. When I first started on the RA the Dr. told me to make sure that my skin was completely dry before applying the RA. To wait at least 10 min. Of course she didnt tell me why and I never thought to ask, but of course when I started using it i would wash face dry with a towel and apply RA. NO ten minute wait,not even 5 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . Well my face was so itchy and irratated. So I went to do some research because when I say i never get this from any product I mean never. Even with peels all I ever get is a little tightness and that is very little. But I ended up reading something about skin needing to be completely dry before you apply RA and that will decrease the itchy/irratation etc. They even suggested 30 min between washing and application. I started doing it that way and have not had any problems with RA since. So I just wonder if applying to wet skin may be helping cause at least some of your itching. Like I said earlier I'm not sure but I thought Id share just in case. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Lunahair my biggest concerns with f&f besides the prices are the questionable customer service skills. I still have never received a responce to any of my emails. Then there are complaints that the products are a hit and iss. What I mean by that is sometimes the products work and othertimes they don't.

I really would like to try their products but the price just, I can't get over it lol.

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
luanhair,

I believe that the suggested 30 minute wait time is to allow the skin to return to it's normal PH and this can help avoid any irritation.

There is no problem in applying the retin A on it's own,but you may find it cheaper to continue with your peels as this will work out cheaper, when you take into account the size of the Retin A tubes. How often are you using your peels and what percentage are you using ?

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
@Luanhair, applyiong Ra to wet skin can cause more irritation. I always apply about 30-35min. after washing my skin to give it chance to dry and for the pores to close. Sometimes also applying the ra after applying the skin lightener may also help reduce some irritation and using the ra at night.

@Maharani if a larger size such as an 8oz of Ra would be great to apply for full body coverage. But, peels will work as well.

@Alizee, you still haven't heard from them yet? Maybe try calling them and inform to them that you haven't received a reply message yet and the amount of time that has not passed with no reply.

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Oh I've pretty much given up on them for now lol. I will stick to my hq ret a and St. Ives Smile

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
i'm starting to get very impatient with mequinol, it's been 21 days and nothing has come. luckily goldpharma has this guarantee of taking action if the package does not arrive in 30 days. which is nice but then i still have to wait over a week to find out why my package did not come 7 days ago. i have gotten this close to getting what i want, and now i'm being stopped by the postal office.

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
The post office stopped it? That sucks man

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
i just called them and they said they don't have it so unless it comes in the next couple of days, i guess i'll have to wait until the 30 days are up. sigh

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
yes_I mean no,

sorry to hear about the delay. Incredibly fustrating when you are all rearing to GO. I have purchased from Goldpharma, for a few years now and never had any problems. Fingers crossed it will be with you soon !!!

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
i hope so. i know it's not goldpharma's fault and all but hopefully the problem will solve it'self

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I'm sorry to hear that. I know it sucks playing the waiting game and then you have to wait a good month or more to see results

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
Alizee love wrote:I'm sorry to hear that. I know it sucks playing the waiting game and then you have to wait a good month or more to see results

NOOOOOOOOoooooo....

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Lol

Yeeeeessssssss or at least that is myunderstanding. Mq is by no mean fast acting but the results last awhile and since its gradual you may not get the bleached out look

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Yes_I mean no, do you have a backup plan? A plan B? So until the mq arrives, you can continue using something that you know already works for you untill it arrives. Then while using mq perhaps in the evening and still continue using your current lightener in the morning..that way your skin hasd time to adjust instead of an abrupt stop.

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Do you plan om using the mq for your whole body or just for a small area? I ask because if you are goingto use it for the body, I hope you know how your body will react to it first.

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Do you plan om using the mq for your whole body or just for a small area? I ask because if you are goingto use it for the body, I hope you know how your body will react to it first.

And a backup plan is good too. I myself have been giving my skin a little time without any chemicals just so that it will not be irritated. Once I start my new regimen it'll only be a once at night then gradually increase to twice a day

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
Golden Girl wrote:Yes_I mean no, do you have a backup plan? A plan B? So until the mq arrives, you can continue using something that you know already works for you untill it arrives. Then while using mq perhaps in the evening and still continue using your current lightener in the morning..that way your skin hasd time to adjust instead of an abrupt stop.

plan B well see,hmm...i'm currently using bio claire oil once a day face only, it's ok but i heard it contains steroids so i want to stop but theres nothing else. i could buy HQ 2% at a store but i have never had any luck with it, soaps don't really seem to work either, maybe its the brand but to tell you the truth i'm one of those people who's skin just won't lighten, i'm not dark but my skin just won't budge. the lighter i have ever achieved was one shade so i'm really anxious to try this, but to have a good plan B i have to have at least two things that work for me, and well i'm still at zero Neutral

but hopefully MQ could be my plan A Very Happy

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
Alizee love wrote:Do you plan om using the mq for your whole body or just for a small area? I ask because if you are goingto use it for the body, I hope you know how your body will react to it first.

yeah but not till a couple of months from now. i'm going for my face, neck and arms to match the rest of my body, then i'll move to the rest.

do you know why your body responds faster?
just wondering Very Happy

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Well I only used the fair and white which was once reported to have had 8% hq so that could have helped. There is also the fact that I'm a light brown I guess. But I don't think I lighten very fast *shrugs* I'm still not sure if I really did lighten since I did not take pictures, but I do know mt skin tone is much ore even.

I doubt 2% will do much, especially if you have stubborn skin

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
fair and white has 8% HQ, i did not know that. it's not labeled is it? because i thought people needed a prescription for anything above 2%

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
It is a study from a good number of months ago, maybe even longer I can't remember now, but yes it was tested to contain 8% hq but it was not listed

Hi everyone.
I recieved my mequinol from goldpharma a few days ago and started using it 3 days ago, I apply RA0.1 to my body first and then I mix the mequinol in the palm of my hands with cetaphil, which I think it helps the mequinol to absorb to my body faster, there is no itching yet, im using mequinol just from my belly down, i dont wanna use it on my chest or arms yet. im still thinking about, i apply the RA/HQ to my arms, chest and face.
My face is so pale is not even a joke, the RA/HQ really worked in my face, but i didnt see much results in my body, let see with mequinol.
Im planning to mix the mequinol with the cetaphil on a jar, and just keep the RA separated. I just dont know the right amount i should mix, but i would figure it out..
PS. I apply the RA every other night and the mequinol/cetaphil every day

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Wow I'm really happy for you arebama.

So you apply the mq every morning and the ra every evening before bed, right?
Sounds like you have found a great regimen and look forward to hearing your progress. If you do mix the cetaphil make sure to put it in an airtight jar or as airtight as possible Very Happy

Thanks alizee
No i put the Ra just at night, but the only difference is that I apply RA every other Night, and the mequinol i apply it every night. ohhhhh my god that mequinol lotion, Smell so badddddd is not even a funny, smells like a dead rat, last night when i put it on i was gonna bomit, im wondering what in that heck make that lotion smell so bad?
Does anyone here try mequinol before from another company? did it smell bad?
YAkkkkk

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com