The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 21 of 24]

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
First topic message reminder :

Hi guys,
Been lurking for a while and would like to share with you my mequinol experience with you, albeit its just been day! I got my MQ from Goldpharma and it arrived within 2 wks of purchase. I use RA .1% along with the entire tube of MQ mixed with 4 oz of cocoa butter (fruits of the earth one). I mixed everything in a jar making sure that it is closed tightly. Last night I applied to wet skin. My skin felt cool like for 5 minutes. I applied this all over my body. This morning I re-applied to wet skin and got the same cooling/tingling experience. I am not sure if this will work but will update in a few days.

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
MQ,RA and HQ wow thats a lot of lightening good luck i hope your'll share your results it sounds like a good regimen. a couple months and your be the king pin of lightening, wait...queen pin, yeah, sounds odd though
anyway, good luck Very Happy

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Oops I meant I'm going to be using HQ every other day not MQ lol. I am thinking of using mq once I achieve my desired lightness.

Lol I'm the Queen Pin of shoes baby king and liquor tongue

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
oh, ok still hq and ra, so how many shades? (i should post that as a question)

queen of liquor hmmmm, i think it's time for an intervention i'll have to tell you how your drinking has effected my life,lol

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I would love to achieve a tan/olive complexion because when I was younger, that is how I looked but over the years and with trips to côte d'azur I have gotten darker then I was.

Intervention? Pfft I would pretend just so I could get onto Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew lol

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
france, wow everyone on here seems to do a lot of traveling, me never left the U.S and only been to 5 out of 50 states.

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Lol I've only visited France, England and Japan because family is there. France is my heritage so that place is special for me lol.
I've only visited New York, Florida ( south beach),Washington but I have just driven through other states not visitedl

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
y'all guys are silly, Wink anyway, i would like to know, whats the difference between using lactic acid peel and the MQ and ret-a mixture?? since they all peel?

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
The lactic acid is strictly a peel and I believe the ret a causes peeling which reveals the lighter skin underneath to come to the surface.

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
here are definitions of each and how they work
Chemical peels uses a chemical solution to improve and smooth the texture of the facial skin by removing its damaged outer layers. It is helpful for those individuals with facial blemishes, wrinkles and uneven skin pigmentation.

Tretinoin (Retin-A, Avita, Renova) is a derivative of Vitamin A and is the treatment of choice for comedonal acne, or whiteheads and blackheads. It works by increasing skin cell turnover promoting the extrusion of the plugged material in the follicle. It also prevents the formation of new comedones. Tretinoin is also the only topical medication that has been proven to improve wrinkles.

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
wow thanks for the info guys.. i think i might try the lactic acid for the first month, and then the MQ and ret-a for the months thereafter.. tell me, if i do lactic acid for the first month, do i stop using it completely or do i have to use it like once a month for maintenance or will the ret- and MQ do that for me?

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
PorcelainSkin wrote:wow thanks for the info guys.. i think i might try the lactic acid for the first month, and then the MQ and ret-a for the months thereafter.. tell me, if i do lactic acid for the first month, do i stop using it completely or do i have to use it like once a month for maintenance or will the ret- and MQ do that for me?

continue for maintenance, but if you find your skin is peeling a lot, skip it until the next month

bounce happy bounce happy :bounce:happy bounce happy bounce happy bounce happy bounce happy bounce happy bounce faces

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Remember to not apply the ret a a day or two before the peel and for a few days after. If not this may result in overexfoliation and as Yes I mean no has experienced it is not pleasent lol.

ETA: I once over exfoliated by rubbing the skin raw and it was horrible, it hurt to move and wear clothing at times.

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
got it, thanks Smile

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
are you saying you over exfoliated your body?, wow tnat must have really...ouch

good thing i didn't have to move my face, reminds me of my face the skin seems healed no dead skin, soreness nothing, and i made a new batch but with 6 parts mq and one part ra and that seems to be my golden ratio, it's perfect

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yes___I mean no wrote:are you saying you over exfoliated your body?, wow tnat must have really...ouch

good thing i didn't have to move my face, reminds me of my face the skin seems healed no dead skin, soreness nothing, and i made a new batch but with 6 parts mq and one part ra and that seems to be my golden ratio, it's perfect

what makes that ratio perfect?

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Oh no not my whole body, just my chest and "sensitive" areas Shocked

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Alizee love,

I hope you mean the back of your neck or something.........

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
PorcelainSkin,

the idea of using the lactic acid peel first is to aid in the removal of the sun damaged skin you mentioned you have sustained. It also helps to prepare your skin for the Retin A once or if you decide to use it. From there you can then decide if you want to use a lightening agent or continue with the peels.

By the way, have you managed to get yourself your sunblock ? Essential due to where you are currrently living and once you start using the peels and Retin A, is needed as your skin will be more sensitive to the sun.

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Yes_I mean no,

Be Careful with Bio Claire. Funny how those words have the same initials....Anyway, BC, with the steroids it contains, gave me incredible skin thinning where my veins were clearly visible and the skin was very very sore. This was a couple of years back and though it was one of the products that really "whitened" my skin, I would not ever use it again and I would not personally recommend it. It has given others stretch marks, spots and even caused skin blackening and I am sure the list could go on.

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
[quote="MAHARANI"]PorcelainSkin,

the idea of using the lactic acid peel first is to aid in the removal of the sun damaged skin you mentioned you have sustained. It also helps to prepare your skin for the Retin A once or if you decide to use it. From there you can then decide if you want to use a lightening agent or continue with the peels.

By the way, have you managed to get yourself your sunblock ? Essential due to where you are currrently living and once you start using the peels and Retin A, is needed as your skin will be more sensitive to the sun.

Thank you so much for the concern Maharani, I've currently gotten an average sunblock spf50 that I use just for now until I start my peels and then I'll do the research regarding which sunblock is best to use and then I'll maintain it for life. It should be spf 50 or above right? Does a black umbrella block the UVA rays more than perhaps a white or yellow one?

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
PorcelainSkin wrote:
yes___I mean no wrote:are you saying you over exfoliated your body?, wow tnat must have really...ouch

what makes that ratio perfect?

the ratio is perfect for me but it's 6 parts mq 1 part ra .1%

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
MAHARANI wrote:Yes_I mean no,

Be Careful with Bio Claire. Funny how those words have the same initials....Anyway, BC, with the steroids it contains, gave me incredible skin thinning where my veins were clearly visible and the skin was very very sore. This was a couple of years back and though it was one of the products that really "whitened" my skin, I would not ever use it again and I would not personally recommend it. It has given others stretch marks, spots and even caused skin blackening and I am sure the list could go on.

i actually stopped using it, but i needed a day off from mq/ra and decided to use it just for one day but i don't plain on using it, in fact the trash my be the best place for it

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I would like to know, is there any chance at all that the lactic acid won't work? as in, does it depend on your skin type or does it work for everyone?

yes i mean no, what meant was, in what way is the ration perfect for u? how does it affect ur skin? Smile

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
MAHARANI wrote:Yes_I mean no,

I actually used Bio Claire over these past xmas holidays, in fact I stopped using it late March because I ran out of it. It definitely did whiten my face and I was using it for the body too, and I think it probably did lighten by body too, but not as much as it did with my face. Anyway, it gave me this amazing smooth skin and complexion and very radiant look.. But i think my arms got darker coz I stopped using it and i am hardly in the sun and don't really use sun screen so i guess thats why i got darker as well. My arms are significantly darker than the rest of my body, which is something I'm trying to remedy now. My mum used it too and she looks amazing, her skin is glowing and she is still using it and hasn't given her any stretch marks, spots etc. I was gravitated to Bio claire in the store because it said it contained no HQ, but now y'all are mentioning steroids so I'm put off it now.. I was thinking of using it on my body only when I start the ret-a/mq, but now, I don't think so.

Maharani, can I get an vitamin c serum in a pharmacy or is it a specialized one that i should get to use in addition to the lactic acid peel?

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
PorcelainSkin wrote:I would like to know, is there any chance at all that the lactic acid won't work? as in, does it depend on your skin type or does it work for everyone?

yes i mean no, what meant was, in what way is the ration perfect for u? how does it affect ur skin? Smile

oh, sorry. well it really works for me because theres not a lot of ra to dilute the mq a lot and my skin has come into a lot of contact with to much ra, with this theres no stinging and no hurting, so far all the redness is gone and i'm starting to see something small tone change without the negative effects i got when i had higher doses of ra

hope that clears it up, you know pictures say a thousand words, can't wait to post

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com