The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 18 of 24]

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
First topic message reminder :

Hi guys,
Been lurking for a while and would like to share with you my mequinol experience with you, albeit its just been day! I got my MQ from Goldpharma and it arrived within 2 wks of purchase. I use RA .1% along with the entire tube of MQ mixed with 4 oz of cocoa butter (fruits of the earth one). I mixed everything in a jar making sure that it is closed tightly. Last night I applied to wet skin. My skin felt cool like for 5 minutes. I applied this all over my body. This morning I re-applied to wet skin and got the same cooling/tingling experience. I am not sure if this will work but will update in a few days.

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
MAHARANI wrote:PorcelainSkin,

as you have already mentioned that you have sustained sundamage, I think that you should start off with a series of lactic acid peels as we discussed. This will help remove the damaged layers and from there you will be able to seee how much more lightening you wish to achieve. It will also prepare your skin for the Rein A, should you decide to use it later on.

You can use anything like eucerin, cetaphil or e45 to keep your skin moisturised and as I mentioned before, you can incorporate a vitmin C serum into your regime to help brighten and improve your overall skin condition.

All this information your providing is very vital and very much helpful, thank you so much. I think I'll try the lactic acid peel for one month (that is, once per week - therefore, 4 in total for the entire month), and moisturise with the eucerin twice daily after my shower. What can I wash my face twice daily with though? Will the lactic acid help with the my blemishes, alittle pigmentation and the oilyness? And your suggesting I add the vitamin C serum to the eucerin for moisture both on face and body?

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I was just coming in to say use ret a every other day or less depending on the dosage.

Now I plan to still use St. Ives on my face while during my regimen so I hope I won't overexfoliae but I plan on using a low ret a and will closely watch how my skin reacts. The neutrogean I use three times a week since it might dry the skinl the other days I use Dove.

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
MAHARANI
everything seems to be going fine, i know about hyperpigmentation and it does hurt a little, so maybe i'll ease up on the tape before something happens, thanks Very Happy

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
yes_I mean no,

that is good to hear. I am really looking forward to hearing how the MQ/RA and no Duck tape goes.......My fingers are firmly crossed for you hun !!! To me, we are all like our own little family and I only want good outcomes for Y'all !!!!!

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
PorcelainSkin wrote:

All this information your providing is very vital and very much helpful, thank you so much. I think I'll try the lactic acid peel for one month (that is, once per week - therefore, 4 in total for the entire month), and moisturise with the eucerin twice daily after my shower. What can I wash my face twice daily with though? Will the lactic acid help with the my blemishes, alittle pigmentation and the oilyness? And your suggesting I add the vitamin C serum to the eucerin for moisture both on face and body?

At least 4 peels, ONCE a week is preferable and then you will have a better idea of what you are working with. The peels will help to soften the blemishes over time and as mentioned will help with the sun damage and pigmentation. You can use a gentle cleanser like the cetaphil cleanser or If your skin is ok with the peels then on the days that you have not performed the peel you should be able to use the likas. Just don't let it sit on the skin, lather up and then wash off.

Make sure you have something like vaseline, emu oil, almond oil to hand if you get particularly dry from the peels.

You can apply the vitamin c before you use the moisturiser. Just allow 10 - 15 minutes for the vit c to penetrate and then you can add the moisturiser.

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
It does feel lik this is a little family but not in a creepy commun. way lol not that special brownies are a bad thing. lol!

I think I will try these peels but I'm worried I won't mix it right and I'll end up burning my skin.

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
i find when i shave my face a lot of dead skin comes off

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Hmmm well that's one way to get the dead skin off lol. I would be carefil because you don't want to make your skin raw and cause cracking or bleeding ^^

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
ohh, that doesn't sound good. but shaving is mandatory i have to keep at least a 5 o'clock shadow or less.

my eyes are starting to get a cool sensation, tonight will be application #5

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Yeah you'll have to shave I forgot about that lol

Your eyes feel cool? Is that supposed to happen? Lol

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
Alizee love wrote:Yeah you'll have to shave I forgot about that lol

Your eyes feel cool? Is that supposed to happen? Lol

i don't really know, i did hear someone else had the a cooling sensation also, i think on another forum. i guess it's normal

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I do know you are supposed to avoid around the eyes, mouth, and other mucus membranes. Maybe you could put something like vaseline around the eyes tp be sure; someone said that on another forum.

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
well, the box instructions just said don't get them in you eyes but never protested against putting it around your eyes, nor have i done so, it's just the skin that feels cool. plus, i don't want to look like a raccoon,lol

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Lol

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
oops, i said before it was day 5, sorry it's day four.

i just put some on and owww... the pain, i just have to say beforehand i used honey on my face and after i rinsed i wiped dry instead of padding so i removed more skin.

i put some on afterwards and WOOOOOOW, it huuuuuurts.

true story. i once had sodium hydroxide spilled on my face, it has a base of 14 and is used by murders to dissolve there victims bodies...yeah it hurt, the scar is almost gone and your see it in the before and after pics but the pain from that, is similar to this.

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Okay, Maharani, let me try to understand you better. For my face: For the first month, I should do one lactic acid peel a week. if the skin gets dry, I can use eucerin or perhaps lavender oil.. on the days where i do not peel, i can lather likas twice daily. i can use the vitamin c serum for 10mins and then put on the eucerin. I would like to know, can I use this same regimen for the first month on my body too? And also I have to use sunscreen atleast spf50 or more and stay out of the sun. Do i have to re-apply the sunscreen every 4 hours? Will the lactic acid help with darker elbows, knees and lips? Lastly, are you saying that from the peels and regimen for the first month, will I see some lightening and less blemishes/rashes/pigmentation/oilyness?

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
day #5, i only use it at night so i have only had it on for 4 days. skin is real tight but nothing hurts, been leaving the dead skin on, and about 1/2 shade lighter give or take

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
PorclainSkin,

provided that your skin reacts well to the peel then doing a peel once a week for a month will give you a better idea of where you go from there. Try and use a gentle cleanser like cetaphil on your face if you can and on your body you can use a gentle body wash. If your skin is not giving you any problems then the likas is fine as long as you lather and rinse and don't let it sit on the skin. Don't use on the day of the peel. If you are going to use the oils, emu, almond, even olive oil are preferable, please. You can use the eucerin as your daily moisturiser. Apply the serum first then the moisturiser after 10 - 15 minutes.

If possible avoid the sun as much as is possible, using your umbrella. As you mentioned, You can re-apply the sunblock to ensure you are getting good protection.

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Maharani,

Thank you for the information. So I'll try this for one month. Will I expect some lightening though? And will I be using the lactic acid both on face and body right? So let's say I see little lightening, can I then try the MQ and ret a mixture for the second and third month?

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Guys,

I read somewhere that showering more than once a day actually darkens you, don't know how true this is but has anyone heard of this before?

Maharani, can I get a good vitamin c serum at a pharmacy? Or are they ones specifically that I need to get? Is there a specific name for it or is it just called a vitamin c serum? And would it be okay if I do not use an oil and perhaps just use the eucerin moisturiser 15 mins after the vitamin c serum? I also heard that olive oil darkens your skin.. Not sure how true that is..

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
PorcelainSkin wrote:Guys,

I read somewhere that showering more than once a day actually darkens you, don't know how true this is but has anyone heard of this before?

Maharani, can I get a good vitamin c serum at a pharmacy? Or are they ones specifically that I need to get? Is there a specific name for it or is it just called a vitamin c serum? And would it be okay if I do not use an oil and perhaps just use the eucerin moisturiser 15 mins after the vitamin c serum? I also heard that olive oil darkens your skin.. Not sure how true that is..

yeah i herd of that to, i guess it has something to do with over exfoliation witch can darken the skin

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Well if you use an exfoliating soap and wash cloth it will remove the dead skin cells. I shower twice a day and have become daarker because of it

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Oops I meant have NEVER become darker because of it but since you are exfoliating, if you are not using a good sunscreen you'll darken.

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
i found somethings that ya'll might find interesting

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

this is tips for best results while lightening it is very informative

the next is a safety data sheet for ret a if your interested

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
the fist about using mono but theres some stuff in there for exfoliation and moisturizers

MOISTERIZe, ha, thats a funny word

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com