The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 17 of 24]

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
First topic message reminder :

Hi guys,
Been lurking for a while and would like to share with you my mequinol experience with you, albeit its just been day! I got my MQ from Goldpharma and it arrived within 2 wks of purchase. I use RA .1% along with the entire tube of MQ mixed with 4 oz of cocoa butter (fruits of the earth one). I mixed everything in a jar making sure that it is closed tightly. Last night I applied to wet skin. My skin felt cool like for 5 minutes. I applied this all over my body. This morning I re-applied to wet skin and got the same cooling/tingling experience. I am not sure if this will work but will update in a few days.

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yes___I mean no wrote:oh the pain not's not that bad. and the lactic acid's point while using mq and ret a is to remove the rest of the skin, which i'm happy to have demonstrated with simple tape. so no you can do without the peels it your using ret a.

yeah i have to use it on the rest of my body, it's the only thing i have that works

and the only size they come in is 20g your'll just need to buy a lot, good thing it's really cheap Very Happy

Let me PM u, this conversation is way interesting and I do not want to bore the others with our long threads Wink

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
OK, glad your enjoying it

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I'm not bored lol.

In fact hearing how great of results you're achieving makes me wanna hurry and use my mq. I'm just unsure of how to remove the dead skin on top; I suppose just using a loofah will help.

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I'm not bored lol.

In fact hearing how great of results you're achieving makes me wanna hurry and use my mq. I'm just unsure of how to remove the dead skin on top; I suppose just using a loofah will help.

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yes___I mean no wrote:OK, glad your enjoying it

anything to do with beauty and health excites me Wink

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
i have to warn you all though, after the 3rd time the last thing you want to do is rub a loofah on your face. my face hurts by simply opening my mouth wide to eat. i can take the pain but the last thing i want on my face is acid or sand paper, now tape...

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yes___I mean no wrote:i have to warn you all though, after the 3rd time the last thing you want to do is rub a loofah on your face. my face hurts by simply opening my mouth wide to eat. i can take the pain but the last thing i want on my face is acid or sand paper, now tape...

and your sure this is safe long term?

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
oh yeah, my skin will get used to it and stop peeling. just don't know how long it will take, but it's good Very Happy

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Maybe you should go slower and use the mq every other day.

And I only use the loofah on my body, I use St. Ives Apricot scrub for my face once a day but I should ony use it 3x a week but I love it so much lol.

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
i might start using it every other day, but for the first week maybe 2, i'm going all out

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Alizee love wrote:Maybe you should go slower and use the mq every other day.

And I only use the loofah on my body, I use St. Ives Apricot scrub for my face once a day but I should ony use it 3x a week but I love it so much lol.

what about the scrub do u love so much?

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I love that it isn not very heavy and it really has pieces of apricot seed in it which leaves a granny feeling while scrubbing but it doesn't feel rough. I love how easily it rinses off and leaves my skin soft and silky. It smeels good and contains 2% salicylic acid which is an acne treater, there is no oil so it will not clog the pores.

I use the blemish & blackhead control which exfoliates to prevent blemishes and cleans the pores; this is really great for anyone using hq and/or ret a which brings all the gunk to the surface. It says to only use it thrice a week but I use it twice a day and have never had problems. I may tone it down once I start my lightening regimen to once a day.

You can buy it for like $3 and comes in a 6 oz( 170g) bottle, they also have a new green tea cleaner I might buy but we'll see.

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Alizee love wrote:I love that it isn not very heavy and it really has pieces of apricot seed in it which leaves a granny feeling while scrubbing but it doesn't feel rough. I love how easily it rinses off and leaves my skin soft and silky. It smeels good and contains 2% salicylic acid which is an acne treater, there is no oil so it will not clog the pores.

I use the blemish & blackhead control which exfoliates to prevent blemishes and cleans the pores; this is really great for anyone using hq and/or ret a which brings all the gunk to the surface. It says to only use it thrice a week but I use it twice a day and have never had problems. I may tone it down once I start my lightening regimen to once a day.

i think i might try it aswell, it seems to be doing wonders for u. its only for the face right? what do u do to scrub ur body? can i also use it in conjunction with the lightening regimen? why have u not started ur regimen yet?

You can buy it for like $3 and comes in a 6 oz( 170g) bottle, they also have a new green tea cleaner I might buy but we'll see.

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Yes it is for the face, for my body I use neutrogena body scrun which also contains salicylic acid which treats acne.

I have not started because I have not received my package but once I do and start I will start a thread Very Happy

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Alizee love wrote:Yes it is for the face, for my body I use neutrogena body scrun which also contains salicylic acid which treats acne.

I have not started because I have not received my package but once I do and start I will start a thread Very Happy

thats great, hope ur package arrives soon so u can start.

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
hey good luck alizee hope everything works out Very Happy

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Hey Guys,

I need a second opinion. This what I propose as my skin lightening, blemish/acne/hypergimentation regimen to lighten me by 3 shades for a period of 3 months. Do you guys think this is achievable??

For my face: Wash my face with likas twice daily, put on ret a and MQ
mixture plus bio claire moisturiser twice daily. Exfoliate with St. Ivs Appricot Scrub (perhaps the blemish and blackhead scru that Alizee suggested..) three times weekly after washing with Likas. In addition, re-apply suncreen spf 50 or more every 4 hours daily and use an umbrella when am under the sun.

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
you seem to have everything under control, soon your'll be giving advise, and yeah that will lighten you more than 3 shades

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yes___I mean no wrote:you seem to have everything under control, soon your'll be giving advise, and yeah that will lighten you more than 3 shades

hhahahaha, don't speak too soon, let me try it out first and i'll keep you all posted on my progress, super excited.. okay, not i need to figure out how to lighten my body by 3 shades too and remove a few lil scar marks, and get my tanned arms the same colour as my body (they have gone considerably darker than the rest of my body...). any suggestions on how to lighten my body while addressing these same issues?

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
PorcelainSkin wrote:Hey Guys,

I need a second opinion. This what I propose as my skin lightening, blemish/acne/hypergimentation regimen to lighten me by 3 shades for a period of 3 months. Do you guys think this is achievable??

mixture plus bio claire moisturiser twice daily. Exfoliate with St. Ivs Appricot Scrub (perhaps the blemish and blackhead scru that Alizee suggested..) three times weekly after washing with Likas. In addition, re-apply suncreen spf 50 or more every 4 hours daily and use an umbrella when am under the sun.

PorcelainSkin,
First thing I need to explain is that retin A is recommended to be used at night only as your skin will be sensitive to the sun when used in the day. When you do get it, you will have to get your skin used to this product, so Best to use every other day initially. For some, even every 3 days is needed. This is strong stuff and it is very very easy to overdo it.

You also to thave to take into account that MQ is fairly new to most of us and by most accounts, it is a slow process. Most of what people see in terms of lightening is the skin exfoliating sundamaged skin.

Whilst using the Retin A your skin will be exfoliating so there should be no need to use the apricot scrub. Again you will be overding things. When this happens it is easy for your skin to darken as the skin protects itself from all the harsh treatment. If you need to remove any flaky skin that you may see, then it is preferable to very very gently use a microfibre cloth, or you can let it exfoliate by itself, otherwise, again you risk causing hyperpigmentation.

Bio claire contains steroids and I would not recommend it for anyone. It causes skin thinning, stretch marks, dark marks, spots and all sorts of other problems. Please avoid.

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
MAHARANI wrote:
PorcelainSkin wrote:Hey Guys,

okay great point taken, thank u so much.. in short, which regimen would you recommend for getting 3 shades ligher, for getting blemish/hypigmentation/oily free skin? what products do you recommend and how often how to use? and the regimen for my body too?

PorcelainSkin,
First thing I need to explain is that retin A is recommended to be used at night only as your skin will be sensitive to the sun when used in the day. When you do get it, you will have to get your skin used to this product, so Best to use every other day initially. For some, even every 3 days is needed. This is strong stuff and it is very very easy to overdo it.

You also to thave to take into account that MQ is fairly new to most of us and by most accounts, it is a slow process. Most of what people see in terms of lightening is the skin exfoliating sundamaged skin.

Whilst using the Retin A your skin will be exfoliating so there should be no need to use the apricot scrub. Again you will be overding things. When this happens it is easy for your skin to darken as the skin protects itself from all the harsh treatment. If you need to remove any flaky skin that you may see, then it is preferable to very very gently use a microfibre cloth, or you can let it exfoliate by itself, otherwise, again you risk causing hyperpigmentation.

Bio claire contains steroids and I would not recommend it for anyone. It causes skin thinning, stretch marks, dark marks, spots and all sorts of other problems. Please avoid.

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
and i'm giving myself atleast 3 months to see significant difference in smoother and lighter skin.. and then perhaps maintenance after that..

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
maharani, okay great point taken, thank u so much.. in short, which regimen would
you recommend for getting 3 shades ligher, for getting
blemish/hypigmentation/oily free skin? what products do you recommend
and how often how to use? and the regimen for my body too?

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
yes_I mean no,

How is your skin? Your method of exfoliation does carry a risk of causing hyper pigmentation. I am sure that you lot are tired of hearing me say, take it easy, but you really need to try and let things happen a tad slower. Really you should not be seeing sheets of your skin. I know how tempting it is to remove skin that looks like it is ready to come off, but sometimes with this method, you take a layer of the new skin as well and this will cause darkening as the skin protects itself from the onslaught. Think about it like this....when you get a cut or a scrape, for the majority, as it it heals the skin invariably tends to be darker.

Lecture over.......and please please everyone take care. I promise I am looking out for you

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
PorcelainSkin,

as you have already mentioned that you have sustained sundamage, I think that you should start off with a series of lactic acid peels as we discussed. This will help remove the damaged layers and from there you will be able to seee how much more lightening you wish to achieve. It will also prepare your skin for the Rein A, should you decide to use it later on.

You can use anything like eucerin, cetaphil or e45 to keep your skin moisturised and as I mentioned before, you can incorporate a vitmin C serum into your regime to help brighten and improve your overall skin condition.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com