The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Empty Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:49 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
I may have spoken about this before but I am wondering if it is now getting out of hand. We have officially entered winter and yet here I am still paranoid about absolutely any sun exposure. I used to laugh at peole who said they were like vampires but I think I may well be turning into one of them. lol. I know that sun protection should be worn all year round but I am still paranoid and actually hate to see the sun out when I have to be outside. Anyone else like me?

2Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:00 am

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
It is easy to understand where this paranoia stems from. In my opinion very few people find the whole lightening process easy - be it hard to lighten in the first place or to maintain long term. This means that any lightening, which from your post, you have achieved, is extremely valued. So anything that is going to put a stop to this or make you go backwards is going to be viewed with a bit of fear. I am not saying you are right to be paranoid but it is totally understandable. It is good anyway to maintain some sort of sun protection all year round anyway. just dont' t make yourself miserable during the process.

3Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:23 am

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Lol KIM before I came on board here I wss not even fully aware of using sunblock religiously but I get where you are coming from. I don't wsant to revert back and am conscious about the sun too and really do not want to go any darker. I am feelling way too good to go and spoil it lol

4Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:55 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
you have both made me feel a little better. I really thought I would have calmed down now winter is here. I spent all of the very hot summer ducking and diving and thought things would get easier. I know before you know it summer will be here again wreaking havoc with my skin. On a good note though, it has been snowing where I am, so even though I know the snow reflects uv, as it is cloudy I am having a paranoid free day today !!!!!! lol

5Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:14 am

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Well the snow has been a good excuse to stay indoors. I am not happy about this darkening one little bit. I am so tempted to go and buy some HQ right now though I'm still a bit apprehensive. I did want to go for a natural lightening method. Though I wonder how natural are steroids lol

6Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:29 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I am totally paranoid. My friends think I am so boring because when they invite me go to the beach I make up some excuse as to why I can't. I don't want to get darker than I already am. There are so many activities that involve being outdoors that it annoys me so much

7Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:01 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
I feel like a total party pooper sometimes too. But I just remember what is more important to me. It can take a couple of hours to undo what may have taken months to achieve. Till I find a sunscreen that I know is totally bullet proof to the sun, then I will lurk in the shadows lol

8Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:59 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Haha so I am not the only boring one out there !!!!!!!!! Some days I think everyone is out enjoying their life and I am being really lame. I hope I don't regret it. The hardest thing is when someone says " Do you remember when xxxx did that thing?" and I know I can't join in the conversation because I was not there. Any suggestions for sun screens then?

9Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:58 pm

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
I think it is important to try and strike the right balance. You still have to have a life otherwise you are making yourself gorgeous for only you to see and not really living. Now I won't be out in any kind of scorging heat but as long as I have covered up well and have my sunblock on I need to be enjoying life too. Get a big sunhat, oversized uv sunglasses and pretty boleros for the arms etc.

y

10Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:36 pm

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
But it is hard when everone is wearing next to nothing and you're the one all covered up. People start asking questions . Everyone automatically think that if you are dark skinned then you should not have any problems in the sun but my skin gets ashy as well as super dark Sad

11Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:18 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
I agree it is so difficult. That's whay I love autumn and winter and the fact that I don't live some where that gets blazing hot!!! I am always covered up and sweating buckets as a result. I get very good at making up excuses why I can't go out when it does get hot but rather that than gettying depressed because I have darkened. Keeps you young anyway !!!

12Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:58 pm

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
unlucky me because it is hot for the majority of the year over here. You can't get away from it. I wish I could move all the time

13Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:48 am

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
I see how things can be very hard when the weather is up against you. It has started hotting up where I am and it makes me very mindful of how I do my day to day routine. I try and juggle things so that I am not out when it is very hot, so I am generally up very early or do things later in the day. Even before this lightening I was never a fan of the sun anyway but I tended to take less precautions like with sunscreen or hats. I am glad that I understand more about the damaging effects of lack of proper protection.

14Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:03 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I don't have much control of when I have to be out and it tends to be in the mid morning and early afternoon and it can get so hot. Most people are in minimal clothing so it is quite hard covering up without standing out and getting strange looks. I have to sometimes wait at the bus stand and there is no shade which really annoys me.

15Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:08 pm

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
That is why I thank God for trees, tall buildings etc because it can be murder out there. It can be really awful when you look like the only one who seems to be hiding from the sun so any natural cover always helps. I think that if I lived somehwere with extreme tempertaures that I would be more confident to put that umbrella up or that big hat on. Don't anyone test me though!

16Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:44 am

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
I have only ever seen asian people get away with the umbrella/parasol without getting a second look.I know I couldnt do it myself lol

17Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:29 pm

Calista

Visitor
Visitor
Truly sometimes in the summer I wish I could usea a parasol, but I'm sure I would get weird looks and probably comments as well...

18Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:31 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
sometimes even wearing a sun hat can bring unwnated attention. It's like everyone should be worshipping the sun. I see Mums allowing their babys to be roasted in the blazing heat. I wish people were more sun aware like they are say in Austaralia. Even though our climate may not be as aggressive I have seen on myslef the damage the sun can do. I have a permanent tan on my arms thaat I doubt I will ever be able to correct.

19Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:30 pm

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Imagine being a man and putting an umbrella up !!! Michael Jackson may have gotten away with it but somehow I don't think I would be able to pull it off !!! lol

20Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:38 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I avoid the sun as much as possible and the hardest thing was my daily jogs. I just switched it to an early morning jog or late evening one. I've said before but I'm a big exercise person, mainly palates Very Happy and I'm able to do that in my home or at a gym.

During the summer I mostly stay indoor next to an A.C. lol

21Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:11 pm

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Oh there are many days I wish I didn't have to go out but most of the time I have no choice unless I am going to pull a sickie lol. Lucky you that you can hide away until it is all over. I am not looking forward to the summer in the slightest. Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad if like mentioned above, covering up and using parasols wasn't such a big deal

22Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:03 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I think the reason asian women get away with it is most people know that proper skincare has always been a big thing in most asian countries. It may have more to do with culture.

23Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:49 pm

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Where I am no one uses any sort of visble protection and being dark most automatically assume that the sun should not be a problem for me and I should be loving it. None of my friends apply sun cream and I know that they would wonder why I do seeing as I am darker. it's one of the reasons I need a sun cream that does not leave any white marks because I would get more questions

24Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:16 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Well people have said neutrogena works well but some say there are a few of their sunscreens which leave a white caste. I've used various sunscreens and so far haven't gotten that white look.

25Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:10 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
quiamontana wrote:Where I am no one uses any sort of visble protection and being dark most automatically assume that the sun should not be a problem for me and I should be loving it. None of my friends apply sun cream and I know that they would wonder why I do seeing as I am darker. it's one of the reasons I need a sun cream that does not leave any white marks because I would get more questions

You know if they do start to question you then you could say that you are working on the anti aging abilities of protecting your skin in the harsh sun. There is nothing worse than sun damaged skin that could have been easily avoided with proper protection even on darker skin tones. I wish my Mum had used sun cream on me when I was younger and I wouldn't have this permanent tan line on my arms

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com