The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Anyone else paranoid like me ????? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Anyone else paranoid like me ????? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Anyone else paranoid like me ????? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Anyone else paranoid like me ????? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Anyone else paranoid like me ????? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Anyone else paranoid like me ????? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Anyone else paranoid like me ????? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Anyone else paranoid like me ????? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Anyone else paranoid like me ????? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Anyone else paranoid like me ????? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

1Anyone else paranoid like me ????? - Page 3 Empty Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:49 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
First topic message reminder :

I may have spoken about this before but I am wondering if it is now getting out of hand. We have officially entered winter and yet here I am still paranoid about absolutely any sun exposure. I used to laugh at peole who said they were like vampires but I think I may well be turning into one of them. lol. I know that sun protection should be worn all year round but I am still paranoid and actually hate to see the sun out when I have to be outside. Anyone else like me?

51Anyone else paranoid like me ????? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:34 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Well think yourself lucky. I do not get a break from the sun where I am. It's constant and I hate it too. I so wish I lived somewhere else. When the holidays arrive it gets worse because everyone wants to do things outside even more

52Anyone else paranoid like me ????? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:31 am

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
KIM wrote:OMG the sun is out in London with a vengence. Summer is definitely here!! It feels like yesterday we were celebrating Christmas and now wham the sun is out there killing me. I had to run to get what I wanted done before it was 11 am and came back so hot and bothered. This weather gets me down. I hate the heat Mad

Lol tell me about it !! One minute it is raining and cold and then the sun is relentless. I had made arrangements to go out today but that sun made me cancel everything for next week even though it willl still be warm. I need to gear myself up for it.lol

53Anyone else paranoid like me ????? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:05 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
And you know what else gets to me is when you constanvtly hear on the television or radio that "we are haing glorious weather " and "How great it is ". Aside from the lightening aspect I have never been a fan of hot weather. Just makes me very hot. I think I saw that it may cool back down next week so looking forward to that but know everyone else is going to be moaning about it lol

54Anyone else paranoid like me ????? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:44 am

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
I am on the look out for a new car and tinting the windows and making sure it has AC is top of my list. I have caught the "paranoid" bug !!! Very Happy

55Anyone else paranoid like me ????? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:16 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
I could have done with some tints and air con recently in my friends car. it was a bit of an uncomfortable journey with the sun blasting through the windows. It just makes you all hot and bothered before you have even arrived at your destination. I cannot complain though because she was doing me a favour

56Anyone else paranoid like me ????? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:02 am

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
I absolutley agree. I got my car !!!!! Yayyyy!!! I made sure it had air con and I had the tints done the day after I bought it. it is so much more pleasant driving now. I was like you, getting all hot under the collar driving about and now it is an absolute pleasure. Ufortunately there is a limit as to how dark the tints can be on the front windows so I have also put a kid's visor on the window for added protection. My boyfriend thinks I am mad and laughs at me but I don't care. I must admit that the drivers tints are still a little bit darker than the legal limit so I am waiting to be pulled over but I will say that I have a sun allergy. HOPEFULLY I will get away with it.

57Anyone else paranoid like me ????? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:47 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
well let's hope so.I hear that they can make you have the tints removed if they do not conform. But lucky you! Glad one of us is getting around in comfort lol

58Anyone else paranoid like me ????? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Thu May 05, 2011 11:19 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
angeleyes wrote:I absolutley agree. I got my car !!!!! Yayyyy!!! I made sure it had air con and I had the tints done the day after I bought it. it is so much more pleasant driving now. I was like you, getting all hot under the collar driving about and now it is an absolute pleasure. Ufortunately there is a limit as to how dark the tints can be on the front windows so I have also put a kid's visor on the window for added protection. My boyfriend thinks I am mad and laughs at me but I don't care. I must admit that the drivers tints are still a little bit darker than the legal limit so I am waiting to be pulled over but I will say that I have a sun allergy. HOPEFULLY I will get away with it.

What do you tell your boyfriend is the reason you use the visor. It is an absolute No no for anyone to run from the sun where I am

59Anyone else paranoid like me ????? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Fri May 06, 2011 8:54 am

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
KIM wrote:well let's hope so.I hear that they can make you have the tints removed if they do not conform. But lucky you! Glad one of us is getting around in comfort lol

Yes that is what I was told when I got them fitted. So far no problems but as far as I can see, I am still visble from the outside so what is the problem and you can definitely see me from the front window. I wear my gloves and I have the visor like I mentioned so if anyone stops me I will say that I will get a doctor letter to confirm that I am sun sensitive. Maybe they will believe me when they see that I am making sun protection moves and that it is not about being up to no good.

60Anyone else paranoid like me ????? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Fri May 06, 2011 9:02 am

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
quiamontana wrote:
angeleyes wrote:I absolutley agree. I got my car !!!!! Yayyyy!!! I made sure it had air con and I had the tints done the day after I bought it. it is so much more pleasant driving now. I was like you, getting all hot under the collar driving about and now it is an absolute pleasure. Ufortunately there is a limit as to how dark the tints can be on the front windows so I have also put a kid's visor on the window for added protection. My boyfriend thinks I am mad and laughs at me but I don't care. I must admit that the drivers tints are still a little bit darker than the legal limit so I am waiting to be pulled over but I will say that I have a sun allergy. HOPEFULLY I will get away with it.

What do you tell your boyfriend is the reason you use the visor. It is an absolute No no for anyone to run from the sun where I am

Oh my boyfriend knows that I cannot take the sun and has accepted that on hot days I am not going to be joining him outside. I am sure it annoys him sometimes but I am not willing to risk burning just to please him. We can always go out later in the day when it is a little less harsh. I have beeen trying to encourage him to cover his shaven head which he loves exposing in his convertible. Sadly he just will not listen and thinks I am being over cautious. It is amazing how some men think they have skin made of steel !!!!!!! No

61Anyone else paranoid like me ????? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Sat May 07, 2011 5:26 pm

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I think for some men slapping on the sunblock or shying away from the sun would be a sign of weakness. But everyone has got to learn this is not a joke any more.

I was even listening to the radio this week and they were discussing Mums who refuse to apply sun proteciton on their babies and toddlers. The presenter was explaining that even though most poeple think that we are ok in the UK, the fact is our summers ARE getting hotter and everyone including adults needs to take precautions as the incident of skin cancer is on a big rise.

62Anyone else paranoid like me ????? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Sun May 08, 2011 8:08 am

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Well possibly with the increase of programmes and discussions like you mentioned, it may bring about more awareness and less of a gallant attitude. I have met many poeple who have a don't care attitude about sun protection and would only consider it if they were going to a very hot country on holiday. Even then it is more about getting a tan than making sure the skin does not sustain damage

63Anyone else paranoid like me ????? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Mon May 09, 2011 7:40 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Well thank goodness someone is finally realising that we are at risk in the UK as well as other countries. we may be at a lesser risk but nonetheless the risk is there and people do get sunburnt in the UK. Maybe soon it won't be such a big deal to hold up a parasol in the sun. I can only wish !!!!

64Anyone else paranoid like me ????? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Fri May 13, 2011 2:06 pm

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
It would be great if they did more to cater for when the weather is hot like more covered areas.Everything seems so exposed and open that it puts me off going to certain places. Don't fancy frying myself lol

65Anyone else paranoid like me ????? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Mon May 16, 2011 12:54 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
I get what you mean. Sometimes even walking down a long road that you know is facing in the direction of the sun with no trees etc can be a bit of a nightmare. I know several routes that let me avoid such roads but I hate all this dodging all the time

66Anyone else paranoid like me ????? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Tue May 17, 2011 11:03 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I have the same problem where I am but with the aggressive hot sun added on. The norm is to have the sun beating down on your head. I don't understand why everyone else's skin looks good but mine ends up looking crusty looking

67Anyone else paranoid like me ????? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Thu May 19, 2011 7:10 am

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I know what you mean.Sun damage on some darker tones can take on a kinda of ashy tone as oppposed to looking sun kissed. That is why it is important to protect the skin and incorporate something like a vitamin C product to bring vitality and brightness to the skin

68Anyone else paranoid like me ????? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Sat May 21, 2011 11:33 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Yes burnt out ashy looking. Other people look golden. I must have some serious sun damage. I have been looking into vitamin c serums and am hoping to make my own but need to find a source for the ascorbic acid locally. Most are not suitable for use in cosmetics I have been told so you have to make sure it is the right one

69Anyone else paranoid like me ????? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Sun May 22, 2011 8:42 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
I hope it helps. There is nothing nicer than glowing skin whether it is light or dark.

70Anyone else paranoid like me ????? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Wed May 25, 2011 7:37 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I found a source but had to buy on line but at least it is not abroad. So I will be mixing the ascorbic acid with some distilled water that I got from my local pharmacy and some glycerine. Then you have to store it in the fridge and use it up after a couple of days and mix up some more. I can't wait for it to arrive and make it up and see if it makes a difference

71Anyone else paranoid like me ????? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Wed May 25, 2011 11:33 am

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
That is interesting. It sound very easy to make so I wouldn't mind trying it myself. I have never made any cosmteics so it would be nice to experiment. Please let me know how it works and then I will ask you for a step by step guide study

72Anyone else paranoid like me ????? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Wed May 25, 2011 12:07 pm

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Well if it works than I will be on it. Most serums cost a fortune

73Anyone else paranoid like me ????? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Sun May 29, 2011 12:27 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Had to share with you guys that I was reading an article about an 18 year old girl who was diagnosed with skin cancer and was told that if it was not operated on that she would have six months to live!! Granted she was caucasian but she had never used a sun bed and did not particularly spend much time in the sun. In fact when her friends were out sunning themselves she preferred pursuing indoor activities, not because she was avoiding the sun as such but because that was what interested her.

Fortunately she had the cancer removed along with several lymph nodes but now hides from the sun religiously. Now these are the stories that neeed highlighting to show how we need to be as sensible as possible in the sun. Sorry if I keep going on about it but I am really passionate about this subject, especially when I see young children frazzling in the sun. For all she knows her cancer began when she was much younger and has slowly developed. A lot of people in the UK believe sunblock is strictly for holidays abroad when that is really not the case. It is needed here too.

74Anyone else paranoid like me ????? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Tue May 31, 2011 12:54 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
excellent point kim, i know i use my sunny block in the winter and in my house, lol! i know its kinda silly but i can never be to careful
Very Happy

75Anyone else paranoid like me ????? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? Tue May 31, 2011 6:43 am

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Strangely enough my Mum was asking me why I had my blinds closed in my room. I think she thought I might be depressed or sum thing. Had to say that the sunlight was giving me a headache but don't think she believed me. Sunshine coming through the windows is no joke

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com