The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
lightening progress - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
lightening progress - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
lightening progress - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
lightening progress - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
lightening progress - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
lightening progress - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
lightening progress - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
lightening progress - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
lightening progress - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
lightening progress - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

1lightening progress - Page 3 Empty lightening progress Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:51 pm

Nubian

Nubian
Quiet Type
Quiet Type
First topic message reminder :

lightening progress my bumblebees........... please share?
hows your lightening coming along and what r you using please share?

51lightening progress - Page 3 Empty Re: lightening progress Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:50 am

sonny1988

sonny1988
Visitor
Visitor
maharani-- which product helped you to lighten up and is no longer available!
are your current products helping you to get light skin or not? what is your real skin tone snd how much have u lighten up till now? thanks..
MAHARANI wrote:In terms of my regime, it is mainly Fair & flawless, which is maintaining my complexion, but not much else, occasionally makari, which I don't think is doing very much at all. I have also started using L acorbic vitamin C and adapalene ( a bit like Retin A), which is really giving my skin a flawless texture. There are other things but I could go on and on. To be honest , the products that were really lightening me up are no longer available, but I am working on my next plan of action LOL.

By the way, it's my husband who is from India.

52lightening progress - Page 3 Empty Re: lightening progress Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:14 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
MAHARANI wrote:To be honest , the products that were really lightening me up are no longer available, but I am working on my next plan of action LOL.

what is your next plan of action? I'm curious to know

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

53lightening progress - Page 3 Empty Re: lightening progress Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:29 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
sonny1988 wrote:maharani-- which product helped you to lighten up and is no longer available!
[/quote]

The old herbalinn was the first real breakthrough for me.(company ceased trading) Fair and Flawless when it first came out was also incredible. I really don't know why it is no longer as effective, even the semi custom formulation really cannot compare. I do still think that if you get the right one, it still works, but it is definitely overpriced. I also tried Dermacare, which I later found had HQ. This gave great reults as well, but I did not trust the company, as they made no mention of HQ initially and it was only after 8 months of use that they divulged this info and it made me concerned about what else was in it. The next great product was dermabright but this company for some reason keep stating that their products are out of stock for more than a year.

54lightening progress - Page 3 Empty Re: lightening progress Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:32 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Golden Girl wrote:
MAHARANI wrote:To be honest , the products that were really lightening me up are no longer available, but I am working on my next plan of action LOL.

what is your next plan of action? I'm curious to know

Golden Girl, I am still working on it, but will let you know !!

55lightening progress - Page 3 Empty Re: lightening progress Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:42 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
ok!

would you recommend Dermacare?

56lightening progress - Page 3 Empty Re: lightening progress Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:14 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
It did definitely lighten me, but I was so annoyed when they initially advertised the product as ALL natural and sent products making no mention of the HQ, that after 8 months, to then find it was included, worried me. More becuase it made me think, is there anything else you are hiding and as it lightened me so well, what quantity of HQ have you been putting in it?

57lightening progress - Page 3 Empty Re: lightening progress Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:22 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
By the way, I need to mention that the product is actually DERMACURE not DERMACARE. Sorry.

Just looking at the website, it looks totally unprofessional. Can't believe I actually bought from them. I must have beeen desperate LOL.

58lightening progress - Page 3 Empty Re: lightening progress Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:42 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
lol...ok. One I'll have to avoid. can you post the link of the site?

What about Power white, did you ever use it or sent it back for a new batch? and did it lighten you any?

59lightening progress - Page 3 Empty Re: lightening progress Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:18 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Here is a link to the product. It definitely did lighten me, but I really don't know what was truly in it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

60lightening progress - Page 3 Empty Re: lightening progress Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:26 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Yes I did continue to try the power white cream and allthough the ingredients listed made me hopeful for good results, unfortunately I saw no lightening.

I still think it was someone starting their skin care venture and it needed further work. The smell and consistency made me think it was made in someones kitchen. If anyone does decide to give this one a go, I would love to know how they find. It just seemed that with all the good ingredients, you would see some sort of lightening.

Here is a link if anyone is interested

61lightening progress - Page 3 Empty Re: lightening progress Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:44 pm

sonny1988

sonny1988
Visitor
Visitor
hi. kojic soap is effective but it has made my skin really dry amd mono didn`t work at all. i dont wanna get wrinkled . so i am giving up now. i dont think there is any product which can make me 4 shades lighter. i`ll just go natural and use sun screen only. i think my journey to skin lightening is almost over. thanks guys for your support.

62lightening progress - Page 3 Empty Re: lightening progress Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:41 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
don't leave Sonny, stay with us..lol!
kojic soap and paya soap can be really drying, best to use a moisturizing lotion. with vitamin E. Even exfoliating with aha peels and daily sunblock may be able to if not lighten, to give your skin an even tone.

63lightening progress - Page 3 Empty Re: lightening progress Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:32 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Sonny1988, I think we all know how fustrating it is when something does not give us the results we were expecting. I am the Queen of that LOL I am not sure what else you have tried, if anything, but if this is your first venture on lightening, then you may need to consider trying something else. Have you used anything else before the mono ?

64lightening progress - Page 3 Empty Re: lightening progress Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:47 pm

sonny1988

sonny1988
Visitor
Visitor
i applied a lot of moisturiser and i think because of that i got got 4 ugly looking big red pimples on my cheek. i am gonna go slow with kojic soap now . will just use sunscreen and fair n lovely .
this is my first time trying to lighten my skin with harsh products. i feel disappointed because i dont wanna get wrinkles and acne on my skin.
next product i am thinking of is gluta pills but i`ll wait few months before i use them. i hope and wish kojic soap works for me.

65lightening progress - Page 3 Empty Re: lightening progress Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:34 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
I remember my first lightening experience which was the Rare Extracts...complete dissapointment. I lost interest for about 2-2.5 years I think before I tried again. The second experience was with bio claire...lol, it lightened my face but another story for my arms and legs, it didnt lighten evenly on my face, it burned each time applied, and eventually I would get a large zit that would later turn black. Third time, I used Diana stalder products and the soap exfoliated well but did nothing to lighten me..I believe it works better for Filipinos and others with fair skin.

Fourth was a charm for me w/ makari night creme and exfoliated with diana stalder papaya soap, lightened me 3.5-4 shades. But the prices were high, especially wen trying to lighten the body as well..so I eventally ended that as well..many people have a bad reaction with makari creme and get acne though, guess I was fortunate.

Some products work better for others and may do nothing or give bad reactions to someone else..pretty much trial and error. Sonny I'm thinking the mono you had used may not have been authentic, even if they sometimes sell real mono, they may switch back and forth.. I agree with Maharani for you to try something else.

Fair & Lovely I read clinical studies from Google scholar that they were tested and contained mercury and how the traces can collect in the reproductive organs..even though F&L denied this. There are many others to try though, maybe even switching to a less drying exfoliator such as lactic acid peels regularly and then begin using another lightener for several weeks and see it you notice change.

Oral supplements such as liquid vitamin C 1,000mg or higher used with liquid or powder MSM (sulfur supplement) or L-Cystein may help lighten and helps fade melasma and discoloration. But, L-glutathione pills do not lighten because they are broken down in the GI tract, very little absorbed to receive the lightened side effects. But L-cystein is one of 3 amino acids that work to help the body produce more glutathione naturally...so these are a possibility to try for 6-12 months to notice a difference. If you take MSM+vitamin c and use a 15% or higher MSM lotion, this can boost results as well, one of few I want to try..

I have liquid MSM and I tried it 2 times and it tasted so nasty...lol, I still have it but trying to mentally prepare myself to swollow that daily is taking me time because it tasted so bad...I should have opted for the MSM powder...one of these days though

66lightening progress - Page 3 Empty Re: lightening progress Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:09 am

sonny1988

sonny1988
Visitor
Visitor
hi where i can find msm+vitamin c? or any thing which can lighten my skin.

kojic soap doesn`t burn me anymore even if i leave it for 10 mins. the peeling off from my skin has also stopped and i can feel that i am getting a little lighter. i also use neutrogena sun screen before i step out and i feel free now a days as i don`t hide my self from sun all the time.

i have been using fair n lovely since i was a little kid. my skin i used to it.

i dont want to go in depression so thats why i decides to stop mono and any other harsh chemically produced cream. i must take a break for few months before i start taking adive from you guys for new lightening products. till then i hope and pray to god that kojic make me more lighter.

what do you suggest about glutatheone soap golden girl? is it safe to use ? my supplier says that it is really effective at start but you develop wrinkles very soon. as she has used it , but i insist on buying and trying them.

67lightening progress - Page 3 Empty Re: lightening progress Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:40 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Do you mean topical or oral vitamin C? I purchased liquid vitamin C from a shop on Amazon. I haven't tried the topical vitamin C serum yet, but I plan to before summer..I keep reading how it can boost lightening results.

For the MSM, I would say search for a powder or liquid form when taken orally so that way it will absorb better and quicker. I have liquid MSM 1,000mg but it tastes horrible and I have a sensitive stomache. I still want to take it but, I'll have to find a way to digest it. Also since it is also more of a thick nectar-like, like cough syrup and not really liquid..also good when using a MSM lotion 15, 25, or higher % in MSM concentration can also prove as effective. If this can really help maintain, it will be a really nice healthy alternative as they both have so many health benefits

68lightening progress - Page 3 Empty Re: lightening progress Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:19 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
sonny1988 wrote:
what do you suggest about glutatheone soap golden girl? is it safe to use ? my supplier says that it is really effective at start but you develop wrinkles very soon. as she has used it , but i insist on buying and trying them.

Well I give your supplier 10/10 for honesty. She clearly does not want bad karma coming back to her, so is making you fully aware of the possible outcome.....Well I have never tried the glut soap but that review would definitely put me off. No matter how light it could make me, there is nothing better than having young radiant skin and if a soap is going to give me wrinkles, then I would have to give it a miss.

69lightening progress - Page 3 Empty Re: lightening progress Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:06 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
gluathione soap, idk. I only tried the diana stalder one, did nothing for me. I read some people have good results from the swiss when using with other products. but yeah, I agree with Maharani if the suppliers say it gives customers wrinkles? soon? no thanks. I want to keep youthful skin, you know. What brand of gluta soap is this?

70lightening progress - Page 3 Empty Re: lightening progress Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:37 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
By the way Sonny, have you tried papaya soap? I know a lot of people rave about likas papaya and say that it helps with lightening, though not sure if it ALONE would give significant results.

71lightening progress - Page 3 Empty Re: lightening progress Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:52 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
yeah, papaya and papaya soap is good. exfoliates really well. it might lighten you Sonny since your already fair. but i think it may work best when using a skin lightening creme or something after to boost results

Last edited by Golden Girl on Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

72lightening progress - Page 3 Empty Re: lightening progress Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:18 pm

sonny1988

sonny1988
Visitor
Visitor
my 4 in 1 kojic soap has a layer of papaya as well . i think its working well for me. i just cant get rid of pimples now a days . my brother says i am ruining my face even though i am a little lighter now.

73lightening progress - Page 3 Empty Re: lightening progress Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:00 am

sonny1988

sonny1988
Visitor
Visitor
hi. what do you think about benzylarbutin ? is it safe to use for non vitiligo people? where can i buy them from?

74lightening progress - Page 3 Empty Re: lightening progress Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:38 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Benzylarbutin, yes I remember this. This ingredient does not even lighten. And even worse it is not a chemical and is unheard of by scientists, its made up unfortunately. I tried reading about this and have contacted different scientists about this sometime last year and they all say that it does not exist, that there is no such benzyl arbutin. It can not even lighten nor explained to how it is able to lighten.

But, there are other forms of arbutin that lightens such as alpha arbutin, beta arbutin (bearberry) aka "arbutin", and deoxy arbutin (dA) which possibly may be one of the most potent lighteners. But, it's so expensive until rediculous most skin companies do not use this or use very little. maybe in time it'll become cheaper.

I was looking into more info about your acne with the soap. And what I found was that it may be causing you acne because perhaps your having an allergic reaction from this? Since the pH balance of the soap is possibly off (like many soaps can be though). It draws up all the natural moisture in our skin and leaves it dry. And maybe you are having a reaction from sensitivity from this, or reaction from the kojic and /or papaya...this is my theory since some others have experienced this.

What skin products are you using after using the soap? And have you tried contacting the company that produces this? Can ask them about this and they can further explain why this is has been happening and what can be done.

75lightening progress - Page 3 Empty Re: lightening progress Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:40 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Sonny, heres a list of acne scar products and treatments that you may ind beneficial in checking out:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com