The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique: CanThey Actually Whiten, Lighten, & Brighten the Skin?

This is an honest and unbiased review done for the products of Fair & Flawless and Tonique Skin Care. I decided to write this review based on the experiences of others along with the stigma and false claims marketed from advertisers in order to confuse potential customers. Sellers nor marketers should be able to profit from one's curiosity of what is effective and what is not. For those who are interested in trying one or the other, or both, but would like to learn more information about them first feel free to read as well as share your positive and negative experiences.

Fair & Flawless pH5.5XF Intensive Skin Whitening Gel
:

Original cost was estimated around $200 and currently on sale for $99.97; 4 oz (on sale perhaps due to the prices of Tonique's products).

Ingredients: Pure Aloe Vera Extract, Purified Sea Water, Sorbitol, Glycereth-26, Corpus Crispus (no data found on what this is unless also misspelled), White Tea Extract, Allatoin (misspelled word of Allantoin), Lemon Extract, White Ginger Extract, Carbomer –940, Wild Chamomile, Alpha Arbutin, SepiWhite Msh (undecylenoyl phenylalanine), Glycolic, Lactic and kojic Acids, tamarind extract, Malic Acid, Apple extract, Horse Chestnut, imidazolidinyl Urea, methyparaben (misspelled word of Methylparaben), Fragrance.

Tonique 10x Intense Skin Whitening Gel

(or cream): $99.95, 4 oz

Ingredients: purified sea water, aloe vera gel, ginko biloba extract, ginseng extract, Sepiwhite MSH (undecylenoyl phenylalanine), sepicalm VG, Sepinov EMT 10, extracts of watermelon, cucumber, mulberry, marigold & mulethi root, alpha arbutin, lactic acid, glycolic acid, vegetable glycerin, vitamin E, propylene glycol, natural fragrance

I will be listing the known positives as well as the negatives about BOTH brands in an unbiased manner. Both have been proven to give positive results for skin lightening, as well as having their flaws.

Pros:
*BOTH were supposedly sent to a laboratory to be properly tested and the results were claimed to be equally safe. Free of mercury, steroids, hydroquinone, heavy metals, and toxins. Although, result documentations have not been made visible in order to thoroughly judge either one.

*BOTH possibly contain the lightening agent Undecylenoyl Phenylalanine also known as the name brand Sepiwhite.

*BOTH has potential to lighten the skin.

*BOTH products have similar lightening ingredients, accept for one containing more of the synthetic lightening agent Undecylenoyl Phenylalanine and the other containing more
Kojic Acid.

*Tonique is known to have good customer service, responding quickly, professional, and friendly to customers and potential customers.

Cons:

*Tonique has given several customers skin irritations, rashes, and negative side effects (possibly due to the high amounts of AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acids) and large amounts of Sepiwhite (10x) more than what is required such as 2%).

*Tonique seemed to not have a high successful rate on brown pigmented skin, in comparison to fair pigmented skin.

*BOTH companies have very high prices for very small quantity. Although the cost to make the lightening product is actualy inexpensive to make. Tonique is slightly less expensive, and F&F is currently on sale for about the same price.

*Fair & Flawless products tend to lack in consistency and their stability with the formulas. Having caused inconsistency with skin lightening, negative skin reactions such as acid burns, skin thinning, or may have none or minimum lightening results at times. Skin thinning has been reported, possibly due to the high levels of fruit acids and 5% Sepiwhite claimed to contain, in which 2% Sepiwhite is the required amount.

*Fair & Flawless tend to have unstable customer service for their customers and potential customers. Many, including myself, I have spoken with them on several occasions. Phone calls and emails can either be quite friendly or rude, people not receiving a response or response in a rude manner.

I believe more products should honestly be reviewed from previous customers in order for the products to be improved and to have a greater evaluation. Keep in mind that the cost to make these products are much cheaper than they are sold. Personally, I do believe that customers and potential customers do have the choice to say what they would like to see improved or changed. As the saying goes "the customers are always right". Although definitely not always, but this does mean that the customers are there to have needs met and questions answered in order for a product(s) to improve and progress.

Please feel free to give your honest review and personal experiences with the Fair & Flawless and/or Tonique Skin Care products that you have tried. Whether they are positive or negative experiences.

Last edited by Golden Girl on Sun May 16, 2010 1:18 am; edited 39 times in total

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
I have been lucky or unlucky enough, as I also see it, to have tried both products.

I have been a F & F customer for several years and can confirm that in the past I have been able to attain significant lightening with an assortment of their products including a couple of their semi custom formulations. However I have also had problems with the consistency of any lightening. Sometimes what I am sent works and sometimes it does not. This is not good when you have spent a lot of money on their products.

I have also noted that in recent years, that the lightening has not been as good. I still use their products. I guess, more for the fact that I know that before I would get results, so am constantly hopeful that this time it may work again.

I have also recently used Tonique. Unfortunately I felt I saw no results in addition to the fact that it caused a rash all over my face which took 3 weeks to go after I stoppped using it. It definitely did not agree with my skin. I am aware that on other forums, it appears to have mixed reviews and for those who intend to embark on trying this one, I would recommend use a very tiny amount, to avoid the irrritaton that I encountered.

I would be very interested to know what other peoples experience is with these products and I am sure otheres would appeciate the reviews as both these items are expensive.

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Thanks Maharani for for sharing your honest opinions. I will have to add additional info for the pros and cons

ALovelyFlower

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
Okay, I have thought about buying F&F but passed on it because the reviews that I read on it were a bit too mixed for my liking. And being that it was so expensive...I just wasn't williing to take the risk

I'm still not sure if I want to try it. The reason why is because on another skin lightening forum that I will not name, a well trusted & long time member seems to be really pushing for this high priced product (Tonique and F&F)and I'm wondering if they are getting something out of it...like advertisements for their website or something. This has happened in the past w/ other message board forums. When it comes to my money I want to be sure that ppl are giving legitimate reviews and not just endorsing the company because they are getting something out of it.

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Welcome ALovelyFlower, glad to have you here.

hmmm...well, you never know if they are getting some form of commission out of it, if they only mention a certain product's positives but become hostile towards other people who have had negative experiences &/or had positive experiences w/ something else...then yes, they may be only looking out for their own interests which could be to only advertise for pay. And not looking out for everyone.

I think it's important for people to give their honest opinion about something if they have tried it, both pos. and neg. That way people will feel more at ease with hearing the truth and not from sellers' point of views...as sellers views do not count since they are not the customer. It's also great if we can continue to find more skin lighteners that are not overly priced and are more affordable, safe, and effective. That way we all will be able to lighten our whole body and even maintain our results while still being able to pay our bills...lol

This gives me an idea, I'm going to add a Product Review category and move this one there. ALovelyFlower what products have you used, please feel free to post threads on your likes/dislikes and positive and negative experiences with the skin lighteners you have used, it will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Golden Girl on Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
ALovelyFlower, you are right that it is very difficult to know who to trust. I am hoping that eventually there will be more reviews from people with their experience using these products. As you may have seen, I have tried both products and can only say that there is no guarantee of results with either of them.

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Anyone here considering trying F & F? There seems to be lot of positive comments about their 5 x f and their suntan removal cream. They have also brought out a new product, which they did email me about several months ago, before it was officially launched. Here is the info if anyone is interested.

http://www.fairandflawlessskin.com/shop/lightening-complexion-serum.asp

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Thanks for the link, the Se Quiiso and Suntan creme are having really positive reviews so far. I wouldn't trying it out too if they plan to have a sale. But, I wonder why they say "Best Kept Secret Of Super Models, TV Personalities and Celebrities...." ? The quality is in the ingredients, which I'm sure they may have. But that statement reminds me of the statements L'Maj makes.

LiteNYellow

LiteNYellow
Accepted
Accepted
What are the ingredients in these two other products? I viewed the link but theres no picture to view?

Kandiluv

Kandiluv
Accepted
Accepted
They sound interesting and good ingredients. Which one are you using Maharani?

beautifulskin

Visitor
Visitor
I am and have been using Tonique for a while now but, I have not tried Fair and Flawless. I was using the 10X cream at first but, then switched over to the 10X gel which I prefer it seems to absorb a lot better I use it with retin A 0.1%. It spreads well and has a light fragrance to it but, most importantly I have gotten lighter since I have been using it. I think they have some kind of new formula but, whatever they did it is really working much faster than before. The only complaint I have is when I use it with retin A sometimes it can sting a bit but, that makes me feel it's working even better Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique Icon_biggrin

beautifulskin

Visitor
Visitor
By the way GG I love your forum sorry it took so long to get here but, I am glad I finally did! Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique Icon_biggrin

Bj

Bj
Accepted
Accepted
beautifulskin wrote:I am and have been using Tonique for a while now but, I have not tried Fair and Flawless. I was using the 10X cream at first but, then switched over to the 10X gel which I prefer it seems to absorb a lot better I use it with retin A 0.1%. It spreads well and has a light fragrance to it but, most importantly I have gotten lighter since I have been using it. I think they have some kind of new formula but, whatever they did it is really working much faster than before. The only complaint I have is when I use it with retin A sometimes it can sting a bit but, that makes me feel it's working even better Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique Icon_biggrin
Cool! So the gel is more effective? How long did it take to see results and how long have you been using tonique Beautifulskin?

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
beautifulskin wrote:By the way GG I love your forum sorry it took so long to get here but, I am glad I finally did! Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique Icon_biggrin
thanks, glad to have you here.

Last edited by Golden Girl on Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
GG, did you see Nikki's review at the bottom of the F & F page I pasted ?

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
LiteNYellow wrote:What are the ingredients in these two other products? I viewed the link but theres no picture to view?

You are quite right, They have not made it clear but here is a general idea
Retiinol, Beta Glucans,Sepi-white, Ascorbic Acid and Alpha -Arbutin to repair, boost and help whiten the skin. Pure Aloe Vera extract revitalizes and restores. Peptides and Lactic Acid
Neuropeptide, Vitamin C

I think as it is new they still have not loaded the photo or a concise ingredients list. Hopefully that will be corrected shortly.

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Kandiluv wrote:They sound interesting and goo ingredients. Which one are you using Maharani?

kandiluv, have not tried any of those particular products as yet, though very tempted. I have spent a lot of money with F & F in the past and have achieved very very good results and No results as well. I am holding off for the minute and seeing what reveiews come through first.

Kandiluv

Kandiluv
Accepted
Accepted
I just realized I spelled good "goo" Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique Icon_rabbit
I think I will hold off too until they post more information about them to see if it's worth the prices, but they do sound a little tempting..

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Perhaps both of them need to be re-tested along with written and documented evidence as proof for everyone to see.

LiteNYellow

LiteNYellow
Accepted
Accepted
MAHARANI wrote:
LiteNYellow wrote:What are the ingredients in these two other products? I viewed the link but theres no picture to view?

You are quite right, They have not made it clear but here is a general idea
Retiinol, Beta Glucans,Sepi-white, Ascorbic Acid and Alpha -Arbutin to repair, boost and help whiten the skin. Pure Aloe Vera extract revitalizes and restores. Peptides and Lactic Acid
Neuropeptide, Vitamin C

I think as it is new they still have not loaded the photo or a concise ingredients list. Hopefully that will be corrected shortly.

Thanks Maharani. What are beta glucans and neuropeptide used for? Do these lighten also? What are the peptides for?

beautifulskin

Visitor
Visitor
Bj wrote:
beautifulskin wrote:I am and have been using Tonique for a while now but, I have not tried Fair and Flawless. I was using the 10X cream at first but, then switched over to the 10X gel which I prefer it seems to absorb a lot better I use it with retin A 0.1%. It spreads well and has a light fragrance to it but, most importantly I have gotten lighter since I have been using it. I think they have some kind of new formula but, whatever they did it is really working much faster than before. The only complaint I have is when I use it with retin A sometimes it can sting a bit but, that makes me feel it's working even better Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique Icon_biggrin
Cool! So the gel is more effective? How long did it take to see results and how long have you been using tonique Beautifulskin?
Sorry I took so long to reply BJ it took me about 2 weeks to see a noticeable change.

beautifulskin

Visitor
Visitor
Golden Girl wrote:
beautifulskin wrote:By the way GG I love your forum sorry it took so long to get here but, I am glad I finally did! Honest And Unbiased Review For Fair & Flawless And Tonique Icon_biggrin
thanks sweets, glad to have you here.
Thank you GG I just checked my e-mail and got the newsletter and said let me log in!

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Golden Girl wrote:Perhaps both of them need to be re-tested along with written and documented evidence as proof for everyone to see.

What I don't inderstand is that as they have been around for so long why there are no before and after pics. Surely if it is that great they should have a long list of people who can provide eveidence of results. A testimonial can be written by absolutely anyone and is not the greatest recommendation. I know that F & F has definitely worked for me in the past but I am sure in view of the large sums they are asking for, that they should be able to show something.

Apparently one of the people behind F & F regularly claims that she attained several shades of lightening using it. She should be their first "pin up" with her identity obviously kept private.

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
.[/quote]
Thanks Maharani. What are beta glucans and neuropeptide used for? Do these lighten also? What are the peptides for?[/quote]
some info I found

http://www.smartskincare.com/treatments/topical/betaglucan.html

and regarding the neuropeptides

skin can also benefit from topical neuropeptides. In studies examining the application of various neuropeptide preparations directly to the skin, exciting clinical benefits were observed almost immediately upon application. Within minutes of applying a topical cream containing multiple neuropeptides and DMAE, a powerful anti-inflammatory with activity in both the skin and the brain, we see:
* a visible increase in radiance and glow to the skin. This is the result of their powerful anti-inflammatory activity, as well as their effects on blood circulation and cell metabolism
* an increase in firmness, as the neuropeptides aid in collagen and elastin production
* improved appearance of the skin’s resilience, tone and texture
* decreased appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
* decreased appearance of tiny veins and capillaries
* maximized regeneration and hydration
of the skin

http://www.thestyleandbeautydoctor.com/2009/11/dr-perricone-6-ways-to-weatherproof-your-skin/

so they look like they are more for the skin's general condition than for lightening.

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Oh and I remember now that it is Allison that says she removed 8 shades using F & F. So if you're reading this, please share your pics !! LOL

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com