The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Empty Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:44 am

skin lighten beauty

Accepted
Accepted
Like the kind where you drip them on your scalp and they are supposed to make your hair grow faster. One of my friends took this and she swears by it. Has anyone tried these before?

2Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Empty Re: Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:01 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
do you know what brand she used ?

3Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Empty Re: Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:42 pm

skin lighten beauty

Accepted
Accepted
I don't know, it had the word be or bee . I'll ask her though.

4Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Empty Re: Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:04 pm

LiteNYellow

LiteNYellow
Accepted
Accepted
Some serums I believe are effective depending on the ingredients used and the concentration.

5Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Empty Re: Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:56 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
I'm not too famliar with the one your referring too. But, I used to use one hair growth serum called Capilong PSB a few years back and I was real skeptical since it stated it could grow your hair 1.5 inches in 1 month. During that time I used to always measure my hair growth each month with a measuring tape and then chart it down. On average people's hair grows 0.5 in monthly when healthy. Surprisingly it did actually grow 1.5 inches in about 4 and a half weeks and I had measured it several times over to check. There was a lot of other things I also had to do to prevent breakage and massaging the scalp after applying was one of them. I actually bought another bottle a month back, but haven't made myself to open and start using it again as of yet.

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

6Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Empty Re: Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:06 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
As I was reading, I was going to ask if you would recommend it, but as you say you have just purchased it, I guess it is a "yes". How much was it then ?

7Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Empty Re: Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:10 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Oh and do you have a link to the product, please ?

8Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Empty Re: Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:02 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Yeah, it's made from Blue Hill Naturals [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Capilong psb/37

Ingredients: Water, Keravis (Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Polysorbate 20, Backhousia Citriodora Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Spirulina Maxima Extract, Nettle (Urtica Dioica) Leaf Extract, Niacin, SDA 40B, Propylene Glycol, Geranium Maculatum Flower Oil, Clary (Salvia Sclarea) Oil, Viola Odorata Leaf Oil, DMDM Hydrantoin, Sorbic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Caramel Fragrance.

When I first got it a few years back, they didn't have a website then but an ordering catalog. But staying consitent and doing all of the other things such as conditioning, moisturizing, etc to help prevent breakage. Also measuring the length of the hair and record it. I tried avoid measuring it for about 3-4 weeks until finished the whole bottle, which was hard to do because I getimpatient at times.

9Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Empty Re: Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:22 pm

Bj

Bj
Accepted
Accepted
Some might work, but not all. Are you talking about Bee Mine serum?

10Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Empty Re: Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:10 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
GG,

Thanks for the link. Just placed an order so this better work.... LOL

11Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Empty Re: Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:47 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
MAHARANI wrote:GG,

Thanks for the link. Just placed an order so this better work.... LOL

LOL...my goodness girll, I think you are seriously the most pro-active woman I ever met!! That quick!
Ok. When it arrives, measure your hair from root to end with a flexible measuring tape. And also have someone else who can measure well to re-measure it. I usually remeasure like 5-7 times due to habit to know I have the exact measurements. Write them down, one of them has to be the exact correct number.

Continue the deep conditioning, moisturizing, protein treatment, anything you can to prevent any breakage from happening. Because, you know if the hair breaks, then growth will most likely not be seen. Theres a certain amount of drops you have to drip on your scalp (I think like around 15) and you massage your scalp. The cleaner your scalp, the better the viramins from the serum will be able to penetrate. So, I would sometimes use a vinegar and water mix to rinse my scalp after wash and condition, but this isn't required but it further removes residue on the scalp. I usually use a towel around my neck because it's a clear liquid and it will run down the neck which isn't comfortable.

12Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Empty Re: Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:21 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
GG, Thanks for all the suggestions. In my haste to purchase LOL, I forgot to ask what the odour is like .
To be honest, I am not necessarily looking for any significant growth, though it would ne niceif it happens, but just a boost would be nice. So thanks again and lets see....

13Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Empty Re: Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:10 pm

skin lighten beauty

Accepted
Accepted
Bj wrote:Some might work, but not all. Are you talking about Bee Mine serum?
yes that's the one, what do you all think? think it's actually that good?

14Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Empty Re: Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:35 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
I'll check out the ingredients and post here.

15Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Empty Re: Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:11 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
This was what I had found for the Bee Mine Hair serums:

Mango Scent Hair Growth Serum w/Sulfur
Ingredients: Organic Coconut oil, organic extra virgin olive oil, sulfur powder, essential oils, herbs & fragrance
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and

Strawberry Kiwi Scent Hair Growth Serum w/Sulfur
Ingredients: Organic Coconut oil, organic extra virgin olive oil, sulfur powder, essential oils, herbs & fragrance
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

16Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Empty Re: Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:25 am

Kandiluv

Kandiluv
Accepted
Accepted
Well mango and strawberry sound like it might smell nice but can it work? and the capilong how does it smell?

17Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Empty Re: Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:34 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Yes GG,you never got back to me with the smell of the cappilong. I know it is too late to change my mind, because it is already winging it's way to me , as we speak, but it would be nice to have a sneak preview !!!

18Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Empty Re: Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Sat May 01, 2010 3:30 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Oh sorry!! I totally missed this post. TWell, the smell wasn't too strong, it didn't stick or smell lovely. It has a mild chemical-like solution smell to me. Now that I think of it, I'm sure it arrived by now. How does it smell to you?

19Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Empty Re: Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Sat May 01, 2010 6:19 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Well you know what I am like. .......Before I purchased the cappilong, I had already ordered a hair product with my ADC order. As this arrived first, I opened this before the cappilong. I will therefore open it once the ADC product is finished.

I really need to get this spend spend spend under control !!!

20Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Empty Re: Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Sat May 01, 2010 11:42 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Cool, what hair product from ADC and what's in it?
Well, I have a tendency to spend sometimes... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

21Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Empty Re: Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Sun May 02, 2010 8:02 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
I think it's called hair fall. Will have to get back to you with the ingredients. It does not have a really bad smell but at the same time it's not the most pleasant of odours, but will see how it works.

22Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Empty Re: Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Mon May 03, 2010 4:42 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Interesting, let me know how it works out. The name reminds me of a conditioner brand I used to use called Mane n' Tail. Quite cheap, but actually was first made for horses and then later in shops for people..lol.

Last edited by Golden Girl on Tue May 04, 2010 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

23Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Empty Re: Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Tue May 04, 2010 8:18 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
What are you trying to say....I have horse hair ?? LOL

I am actually only using this product around my hairline, where I have been constantly pulling my hair up....It does seem thicker already.

24Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Empty Re: Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Tue May 04, 2010 12:04 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
LOL! No No!! It used to be one of my fav products I had used for about 4 years in the past until I became tiered of the smell. It doesn't semell bad, just not very lovely. But really moisturized my hair and it came in big economical sizes as I'm more on the penny pincher side.

I'll have to look into this Hair fall, glad to here that it's working already!

25Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Empty Re: Do Hair growth scalp serums work? Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:35 am

Theodore

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
hi,
i am not say propery but i am say
the estupation was good

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•