The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
My Mequinol Experience - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
My Mequinol Experience - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
My Mequinol Experience - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
My Mequinol Experience - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
My Mequinol Experience - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
My Mequinol Experience - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
My Mequinol Experience - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
My Mequinol Experience - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
My Mequinol Experience - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
My Mequinol Experience - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 16 of 29]

1My Mequinol Experience - Page 16 Empty My Mequinol Experience Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:27 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
First topic message reminder :

Thanks to Maharani, I have been using Mequinol 10% on the scars on my arms now for almost a week now. Although some of the scar areas have faded some and not too large in size overall, I'm going to see if the mequinol/tretinoin can further remove the darkened areas. It does have a stinky smell LOL, so personally I prefer to use it at night and it is like a thick vaseline formulation, so little is needed as it melts as I rub it in.

Keep in mind, it is recommended that you use retin-a (tretinoin) along with mequinol in order for effective penetration and results. So, I'll keep everyone updated.

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

376My Mequinol Experience - Page 16 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:56 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Alizee love wrote:I am and now have an excuse to go clothes shopping Very Happy
Good luck to you with your regimen, can't wait to read your progress

you know us women always find an occasion to go buy clothes, proud of u. will keep y'all posted on my regimen, cant wait to get started Smile

377My Mequinol Experience - Page 16 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:12 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
hey everybody, so i decided to post pictures on august 22

why?

aww, well thats a good question, so glade you asked.
aug 22 is the day before i have to go back to school...

sooo yeah, uhh that should explain it.

and a lot of people seem to be starting a regimen as well, i wish you all good luck.

peace Cool

378My Mequinol Experience - Page 16 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:39 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Yes i mean no, cant wait to see ur pics on august 22, all the best**

379My Mequinol Experience - Page 16 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:23 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Cool beans

380My Mequinol Experience - Page 16 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:26 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out which lightening cream I want to use in additional to the retin-a after like a month of just applying retin a alone. Which would be better? Using retin a with MQ? Or using retin a with 4% HQ (Eldopaque
cream
Eldopaque
Forte cream
Melashine
cream

)? Have any of used these creams b4?

381My Mequinol Experience - Page 16 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:30 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Well mq is slower but it seems the affects last longer since it works from the inside out. The hq works slightly faster but it too will take a good two months to give a fair judge.

Its to late and I'm sure I can be of more help in the morning lol. Night

382My Mequinol Experience - Page 16 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:35 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Alizee love wrote:Well mq is slower but it seems the affects last longer since it works from the inside out. The hq works slightly faster but it too will take a good two months to give a fair judge.

Its to late and I'm sure I can be of more help in the morning lol. Night

okay sweety, we'll discuss later, have a great night!!

383My Mequinol Experience - Page 16 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:38 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
You too girlie

384My Mequinol Experience - Page 16 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:50 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Hey guys, will it be okay if i use a vitamin e cream on my body while i use the lactic acid and wash with likas? is the cream mild enough? will this lighten me or would i need something stronger to lighten the body? perhaps i could add some HQ 4% in my body lotion..

385My Mequinol Experience - Page 16 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:28 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Alizee love,

A Big FAT Macdonalds Congratulations to you hun !!! Hope you can resist the food. My brother used to work in there on a saturday, when he was 16 , years ago and would regularly bring back food for me and my sisters....Loved it, though I am definitely not a fast fooder now. Sorry I cannot support the chain but this is one outlet that I doubt will ever go out of business. I am sure that there was some info going around that toddlers recognised theMcD sign more than anything else and we all know about toddler pressure.

Best of luck and I am sure they are going to love you there !!!

386My Mequinol Experience - Page 16 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:00 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
yes_I mean no, well it is a good idea to have a set target and the time you have allowed is realistic to be able to gauge whether you can see any sort of improvement. Like the others said, looking forward to seeing my adonis again !!!

How long do you guys get for your summer break, in the states. Over here it's 6 weeks for schools, I am sure it is more for universities. All I know is that it seems to fly by.

387My Mequinol Experience - Page 16 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:22 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
PorcelainSkin,

Have not tried the items you posted, but as they are just bascially HQ 4%, then rather than buying the brand version, why not get the much cheaper generic ones at All Day Chemist. It is of course entirely up to you, but ADC is much much cheaper for more or less the same thing. You just need to buy in bulk in order to offset the high shipping cost.

I am not sure if you responded to my question as to whether HQ is a restricted item in your country.

388My Mequinol Experience - Page 16 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:36 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
PorcelainSkin,

I have been doing some reading recently and have come across info that suggests that vitamin E may not be the best option after a chemical peel. In fact there is also info mentioning that it does not have the "good" affect on scarring that has always been thought. Some people even experience contact dermatitis after using it.

I mentioned other options that may be better and which I have used with no problems, aveeno, eucerin, cetaphil etc

389My Mequinol Experience - Page 16 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:08 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
MAHARANI wrote:yes_I mean no, well it is a good idea to have a set target and the time you have allowed is realistic to be able to gauge whether you can see any sort of improvement. Like the others said, looking forward to seeing my adonis again !!!

How long do you guys get for your summer break, in the states. Over here it's 6 weeks for schools, I am sure it is more for universities. All I know is that it seems to fly by.

i have 3 months

but back in high school it was 2

390My Mequinol Experience - Page 16 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:19 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Hi Maharani,

Thank you for the info and its noted! They are people using HQ here, not sure if I can find it in pharmacies, havent had a look, will find out. Okay if I purchase the cheaper HQ at ADC, which would you recommend I buy and how much to use both on face or body? Should I get 4% for my face and higher % for my body? Okay i guess ill just use eucerin while doing the peels and then use a lightenin body cream after the peels..

391My Mequinol Experience - Page 16 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:36 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
type in Hydroquinone

the product is called Melalite 30 gm it's priced at $2

i haven't used hq in 4%, just 2 or lower and never got much out of it. i don't think you need to worry about weakening the hq 4% should do fine for your whole body.

heres the link if you want it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

bon appetit

392My Mequinol Experience - Page 16 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:39 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yes___I mean no wrote:type in Hydroquinone

the product is called Melalite 30 gm it's priced at $2

i haven't used hq in 4%, just 2 or lower and never got much out of it. i don't think you need to worry about weakening the hq 4% should do fine for your whole body.

heres the link if you want it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

bon appetit

How effective is melalite by the way? I can use it both on my face and body right?

393My Mequinol Experience - Page 16 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:43 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
i'v never used it, but when you here 4% hq from ADC,

Melalite 30 gm is what there all talking about.

and yeah it's OK to use on your face and body, it's things like peels and ret a you should watch out for

394My Mequinol Experience - Page 16 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:49 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yes___I mean no wrote:i'v never used it, but when you here 4% hq from ADC,

Melalite 30 gm is what there all talking about.

and yeah it's OK to use on your face and body, it's things like peels and ret a you should watch out for

Why should I watch out for? I want want to use the melalite if it will work, you get what i mean?

395My Mequinol Experience - Page 16 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:05 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
sorry, what i'm trying to say is that hq won't hurt your skin in 4% so it' fine to use as is.

most of the good things you read about 4% hq, the product is called Melalite, and from other people testimony it works, i just wanted to give you the name so your'll find it

396My Mequinol Experience - Page 16 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:28 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yes___I mean no wrote:sorry, what i'm trying to say is that hq won't hurt your skin in 4% so it' fine to use as is.

most of the good things you read about 4% hq, the product is called Melalite, and from other people testimony it works, i just wanted to give you the name so your'll find it

oh okay, got it.. thank you.. xox

397My Mequinol Experience - Page 16 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:06 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Thanks maharani and I don't like their food so I won't have a hard time resisting lol. Every college is diferent but most get out by May and some start in August, others in September

398My Mequinol Experience - Page 16 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:10 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Woahhhhh!!! That long for summer break? Well it must be so hard going back after that. It reminds me of when I take a 2 week break from work and just before I have to go back I am dreading it and thinking, do I really have to go back??

399My Mequinol Experience - Page 16 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:14 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Well when my parents were in school most all schools got out in May or the first week of June and begin in September. There is alos Winter break which typically begins the week before christmas and ends the first week or so of January. Mine ends mid January

400My Mequinol Experience - Page 16 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:17 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
PorcelainSkin

I am glad that you have decided to have a look at my suggestion. You will save yourself an awful amount of money not buying into these expensive brand names.

Like Alizee and yes_I mean no said it is fine to use the HQ as it is. It is difficult to say how many tubes to purchase as everybody has a different body mass and may end up using more or less. As the price is very cheap, buying in bulk will ensure that you have a good supply and means that you are taking advantage of the cheap price off setting that shipping price.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com