The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Sammy Sosa is getting darker now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Sammy Sosa is getting darker now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Sammy Sosa is getting darker now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Sammy Sosa is getting darker now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Sammy Sosa is getting darker now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Sammy Sosa is getting darker now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Sammy Sosa is getting darker now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Sammy Sosa is getting darker now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Sammy Sosa is getting darker now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Sammy Sosa is getting darker now - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

1Sammy Sosa is getting darker now - Page 2 Empty Sammy Sosa is getting darker now Fri May 14, 2010 6:39 pm

Kandiluv

Kandiluv
Accepted
Accepted
First topic message reminder :

Just wanted to show Sammy Sosa is getting darker so whatever he used it was only temporary. But Sammy's skin hasn't darkened to his original color yet, he is still lighter.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

26Sammy Sosa is getting darker now - Page 2 Empty Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now Tue May 18, 2010 2:49 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Golden Girl wrote:
Alizee love wrote:
The only things I'm sure work are ret a, hq, meq, fair and flawless, and fair and white so I'll probably buy one of those

It seem as though hydroquinone really is the "gold standard" to lightening the skin. Although mono and mq are by far not hq, they are also hq derivatives. Brands like nadinola, fair & white, melalite, neo strata to name a few all contain hq being it's active ingredient. And more "natural" derivatives such as arbutin/bearberry and syntheitic arbutin aka alpha arbutin which do help lighten, but are not as potent as hq.

And the more "natural" fair & flawless/pure perfect and makari being of more "natural" skin lightening brands that has been shown to give skin lightening are set their prices so high making it difficult for many to reach or at most maintain the results with these brands.

The sepiwhite is really a great lightener according to test P&G did around 2006 but it worked best when combined with- now I'm goinng to mispells
It- nycadimean (?). Darn I soooo spelt it wrong but there is something in particular sepi works best with. The biolcair stuff scares me and f&w works but redarkens very quickly when nolonger using it. I really wanna try ff but d**n gina those prices......

27Sammy Sosa is getting darker now - Page 2 Empty Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now Tue May 18, 2010 8:05 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
GG,

LOL @ the photos !! How gullible do they think we really are ? I am just glad that I have the oppportunity to warn others about these products, so we don't line these people's pockets further. I would not be surprised if it DID in fact contain all those harmful ingredients you mentioned, the smell was truly awful !!!

28Sammy Sosa is getting darker now - Page 2 Empty Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now Tue May 18, 2010 11:46 am

sara

sara
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
MAHARANI wrote:GG,

LOL @ the photos !! How gullible do they think we really are ?

There are a lot, when I first I looked into mono there was only one scam forum, and the few members were sellers. They posted pictures with great lightening and it sold it for me at the time, luckily the decision to use mono took its time with me, which was great.

I now look back at this scam, and really get shocked that people still buying from that scam, even with enormous bad feedback all over forums. I think with skin lightning comes a lot of emotional issues, mainly desperation.

29Sammy Sosa is getting darker now - Page 2 Empty Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now Tue May 18, 2010 12:35 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Skin lightening can be very personal for many and these companies know this. Maybe if skin lightening was more mainstream like tanning creams there would less scams

30Sammy Sosa is getting darker now - Page 2 Empty Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now Tue May 18, 2010 12:41 pm

sara

sara
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Alizee love wrote:Skin lightening can be very personal for many and these companies know this. Maybe if skin lightening was more mainstream like tanning creams there would less scams
That is true but we can only wish it will never happen.

31Sammy Sosa is getting darker now - Page 2 Empty Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now Tue May 18, 2010 7:01 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Alizee love wrote:

The sepiwhite is really a great lightener according to test P&G did around 2006 but it worked best when combined with- now I'm goinng to mispells
It- nycadimean (?). Darn I soooo spelt it wrong but there is something in particular sepi works best with. The biolcair stuff scares me and f&w works but redarkens very quickly when nolonger using it. I really wanna try ff but d**n gina those prices......

Yes, your referring to Niacinamide which is vitamin B3. Which relly interests me since the studies done on sepiwhite/undecylenoyl phenylalanine, niacinamide can help prevent some melanin on it's own but works great when combined with other whitening agents. Which brings me to this question, how come fair & flawless is generally known to work well with skin lightening due to their claimed use of sepiwhite, and yet many of their skin lighteners do not use the ingredient niacinamide (nor any mention of "vitamin B3") and yet still lighten?

F&F products without niacinamide, but has sepiwhite:
-Facial Lightening Cream
-15% Active PH 5.5XF Ultra Concentrated Skin Whitening Gel
-Body Lightening & Suntan Removal Cream
-Skin Soho White Tea Lightening Gelée
-Skin Soho Cocktail Serum: Facial Lightening Serum
-Skin Soho™️ Facial Lightening Parfait: Pregnancy Mask Treatment
-80xF Facial Whitening Gel
-Fair & Flawless Super Spot Eraser
-Body Lightening & Suntan Removal Cream ("B1, B2, B5" are stated, but B3 isn't mentioned).

The only one I could find that mentioned niacinamide as one of the ingredients was the Crème` De` Laser.

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

32Sammy Sosa is getting darker now - Page 2 Empty Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now Tue May 18, 2010 7:19 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Since the skin lightening business is a billion dollar industry world-wide, the scammers and spammers may always linger around the corner, unfortunately. Because they take advantage of customers' and potential customers' desires to have lightened skin and many are willing to spend anything to achieve it. Some companies make false claims, that their produtcs/ingredients actually fail to deliver, sometimes including cheezy before/after photos. Some may lighten, but fail to disclose the dangers of the ingredients they choose to use that is actually making their products lighten skin. Some have hidden actives that are not mentioned and pass it off by saying it's just "arbutin", "kojic acid", or the likes. And then you have the companies that do sell safe and effective products, yet they lack to genuinly care for it's users as they so often claim. Instead several taking advantage of the opportunity to charge outrageous prices for a product that only had honestly taken $10-18 to actually make per jar.

The best we can do at the moment is to educate ourselves to the best of our knowledge on information available, weigh out our options, and decide if a certain product is something we are really interested in investing in...or practice making our own..lol

33Sammy Sosa is getting darker now - Page 2 Empty Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now Tue May 18, 2010 7:42 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Golden Girl wrote:
Alizee love wrote:

Yes, your referring to Niacinamide which is vitamin B3. Which relly interests me since the studies done on sepiwhite/undecylenoyl phenylalanine, niacinamide can help prevent some melanin on it's own but works great when combined with other whitening agents. Which brings me to this question, how come fair & flawless is generally known to work well with skin lightening due to their claimed use of sepiwhite, and yet many of their skin lighteners do not use the ingredient niacinamide (nor any mention of "vitamin B3") and yet still lighten?

F&F products without niacinamide, but has sepiwhite:
-Facial Lightening Cream
-15% Active PH 5.5XF Ultra Concentrated Skin Whitening Gel
-Body Lightening & Suntan Removal Cream
-Skin Soho White Tea Lightening Gelée
-Skin Soho Cocktail Serum: Facial Lightening Serum
-Skin Soho™️ Facial Lightening Parfait: Pregnancy Mask Treatment
-80xF Facial Whitening Gel
-Fair & Flawless Super Spot Eraser
-Body Lightening & Suntan Removal Cream ("B1, B2, B5" are stated, but B3 isn't mentioned).

The only one I could find that mentioned niacinamide as one of the ingredients was the Crème` De` Laser.

Well they do work by themselves but work much better when combined. If I'm not mistaken they only used 2% of each product on test subjects and I believe f&f uses 5% so maybe that's why they have good results *shrugs*

34Sammy Sosa is getting darker now - Page 2 Empty Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now Wed May 19, 2010 9:52 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Speaking of Sammy, his new-new change has caught attention again on MSN website. I tell ya, really odd how when someones tans does't hit news like this. I'll post the article here:

"Sammy Sosa caused quite a stir last year when he showed up at the Latin Grammy’s with a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] complexion. But as of last weekend, it seems Sammy has gone [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It has some people questioning how a cream so powerful that it can bleach your entire face could wear off so completely--and so quickly.
Is it really possible? Absolutely.
Whether you’re using a prescription bleaching cream or an over-the-counter variety, there are no creams on the market that can permanently lighten your complexion. Sure, using bleaching creams repeatedly over a short period of time could give you the Sammy Sosa effect. But soon after you stop using them, your skin reverts back to its natural color. The real irony is that long-term abuse of many bleaching creams can actually lead to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]--a darkening and thickening of the skin. So how do the creams work?
Well, first you need to understand what makes skin light or dark. Our skin color is determined by a pigment called melanin, produced by melanocytes (cells) in our skin. That pigment then gets bundled into little packages called melanosomes, which are shipped off to our skin cells and dispersed to produce what we know as our complexion.

Skin-lightening creams work in number of ways. Medications like hydroquinone and Arbutin work by inhibiting the enzymes that create melanin. Others, like soy and Retin A, inhibit the transfer of melanosomes to the skin cells. And some, like glycolic acids, exfoliate the skin to remove a layer of cells. They all work by targeting pigment and its production at different levels. But Dr. Eliot Battle, CEO and cosmetic dermatologist at the Cultura Dermatology and Laser Center in Washington, D.C., calls hydroquinone the “gold standard of bleaching creams.” It’s the most common and most effective, despite recent FDA findings that it can cause cancer in uncontrolled dosages.

Battle also notes that these creams are intended for medical use. They’re approved by the FDA to treat skin conditions such as abnormal skin spots. When it comes to removing spots caused by scarring, acne or other trauma to the skin, these products get the job done for good. Dr. Battle explains: “There’s a balance of how enzymes work--an equilibrium that our cells have, including the ones that make pigment. When we do something that takes them off balance, they want to get back to that equilibrium. When we try to lighten our entire complexions abnormally, our melanin production eventually goes back to normal. But when we treat skin cells after trauma or scarring, they’ve 'forgotten' what normal is, and these medications motivate the cells back to normal.” In other words, skin-bleaching creams can be permanent when it comes to removing abnormalities on your skin. But if you’re trying to change your entire complexion, it turns out your skin cells are creatures of habit. Eventually, they keep going back to your natural skin color. There are a number of unregulated over-the-counter bleaching creams that pour into the United States from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] But buyer, beware. Some of these contain mercury, arsenic and other harmful ingredients. They might seem to lighten your skin more quickly and more permanently, but you could be putting poison on your face. It turns out that during the ‘50s and ‘60s, there were stronger bleaching creams available to patients in the United States with more serious skin conditions like vitiligo. According to Battle, these produced more permanent effects, but are now banned in America. But if you’re living in this decade and looking for a skin-lightening cream that’ll give you a milky complexion for good without any side effects, it sounds like you’re out of luck.

Shiwani Srivastava is a Seattle-based freelance writer covering South Asian-American community issues and cultural trends."

35Sammy Sosa is getting darker now - Page 2 Empty Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now Wed May 19, 2010 10:44 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Well it is very noticeable when someone as dark as sammy was lightens so drastically, maybe if he'd come out and admit it but he is entitled to his privacy

36Sammy Sosa is getting darker now - Page 2 Empty Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now Thu May 20, 2010 11:09 pm

Chris

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
So what's the story here?  Does Sammy have some sort of pigmentation condition, or did he deliberately lighten his skin?

37Sammy Sosa is getting darker now - Page 2 Empty Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now Thu May 20, 2010 11:21 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Really none of us know since he's ben mum on the matter. I suppose he could have a skin condition because I saw an older picture of him and his skin looked uneven in places; maybe makeup? Or he could just have uneven skin

38Sammy Sosa is getting darker now - Page 2 Empty Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now Fri May 21, 2010 8:22 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Yes that is true. I hope he doesn't return to the greyish complexion, as it had looked unhealthy on him.

39Sammy Sosa is getting darker now - Page 2 Empty Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now Fri May 21, 2010 10:24 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
That is so true, he reminded me of one of those people in central park painted silver lol

40Sammy Sosa is getting darker now - Page 2 Empty Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now Sat May 22, 2010 11:22 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Alizee love wrote:That is so true, he reminded me of one of those people in central park painted silver lol

LOL!! Sorry, I had a good laugh on that one, silver sosa.

41Sammy Sosa is getting darker now - Page 2 Empty Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now Sat May 22, 2010 11:40 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Good, the world needs more laughter Very Happy

42Sammy Sosa is getting darker now - Page 2 Empty Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now Sat May 22, 2010 11:43 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Oh and not to be too off topic but Sade got one of those BET award nominations. Cheers Very Happy

Oh and is more funny news so did justin bieber lol

43Sammy Sosa is getting darker now - Page 2 Empty Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now Sat May 22, 2010 11:57 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
YAAAYY!! Well, if she didn't BET would have definitely been hearing from me!

Justin Bieber received a BET nomination? How? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

44Sammy Sosa is getting darker now - Page 2 Empty Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now Sun May 23, 2010 12:32 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Lmao I don't know but oh to be a fly on the wall if he wins lol.

I really don't listen to rap, I prefer jpop,mylene/alizee,classic,some rock, 90s music(aqua), and cranberries along other things; but if Chris "beat 'em down" Brown had been nominated or win I would have been ever so p*ssed.

45Sammy Sosa is getting darker now - Page 2 Empty Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now Sun May 23, 2010 9:37 pm

LiteNYellow

LiteNYellow
Accepted
Accepted
So, Alizee is a name of a singer? do you have a link?

46Sammy Sosa is getting darker now - Page 2 Empty Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now Sun May 23, 2010 10:58 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Chris wrote:So what's the story here? Does Sammy have some sort of pigmentation condition, or did he deliberately lighten his skin?

I believe it is both. As Sammy does have hyperpigmentation problems and blemishes, but has also lightened his skin tone as well.

47Sammy Sosa is getting darker now - Page 2 Empty Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now Mon May 24, 2010 3:41 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
LiteNYellow wrote:So, Alizee is a name of a singer? do you have a link?
Both.
It is my middle name and the name of a french singer. See L'Alize is a wind, the trade wind, and it is masculine. The name Alizee is fememine.L'alize is the name of a song and it somewhat autobiographical, she speaks of herself from the view of the wind.
One of the lines, "Je sais que cet hymen (I know this hymen or connection)/durera longtemps( will persevere for a long time)) is a homonym and it uses hymen in te french poetical sense meaning marriage or a connection and the literal meaning; there are a lot of play on words.
here is the video to L'Alize [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
One of my other favorites is Moi Lo Lita ( me, Lolita)

48Sammy Sosa is getting darker now - Page 2 Empty Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now Mon May 24, 2010 8:28 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Wow, really nice Alizee. There is a lot of deep thought and meaning to this.

49Sammy Sosa is getting darker now - Page 2 Empty Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now Mon May 24, 2010 10:09 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Yeah there is. Like in her song moi lo lita the ones " when I am ravaged in my dreams, it is Lola who bleeds" has a double meaning. It is a reference to her virginity, the guys who want her are like wolves and then a literal translation since it is a dream lol

50Sammy Sosa is getting darker now - Page 2 Empty Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now Tue May 25, 2010 4:05 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I know this is even more off topic but if you want a really beautiful song I would listen to this one called concerto pour deux voix ( concert for two voices) there are no words and is more of a vocal thing but Jean Baptiste maunier et Clémence Saint-Preux sound really good. Actually her father composed this song in '69.
If any of you live in Europe you may remember this from around '05

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | Society and Culture | Beauty, Celebrities, Fashion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com