The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Mequinol 2% (w/ tretinoin0.01%) vs. Hydroquinone 3% Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Mequinol 2% (w/ tretinoin0.01%) vs. Hydroquinone 3% Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Mequinol 2% (w/ tretinoin0.01%) vs. Hydroquinone 3% Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Mequinol 2% (w/ tretinoin0.01%) vs. Hydroquinone 3% Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Mequinol 2% (w/ tretinoin0.01%) vs. Hydroquinone 3% Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Mequinol 2% (w/ tretinoin0.01%) vs. Hydroquinone 3% Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Mequinol 2% (w/ tretinoin0.01%) vs. Hydroquinone 3% Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Mequinol 2% (w/ tretinoin0.01%) vs. Hydroquinone 3% Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Mequinol 2% (w/ tretinoin0.01%) vs. Hydroquinone 3% Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Mequinol 2% (w/ tretinoin0.01%) vs. Hydroquinone 3% Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Mequinol 2%/Tretinoin 0.01% solution: an effective and safe alternative to Hydroquinone 3% in the treatment of solar lentigines.

Here is a study that I had recently read and found interesting, which gives the comparison of Mequinol 2% used along with Tretinoin 0.01% (Retin-A) and Hydroquinone 3% (Tretinoin was not mentioned to be used along with Hq in this study). 216 individuals were advised to use this regimen twice daily on lentigines &/or lesions (liver spots and scarring) for 4 months (16 weeks).

To my understanding, Mq 2% is normally prescribed along with 0.1% tretinoin (which is the known highest strength that is commonly prescribed to help the skin exfoliate) and not 0.01% (which is far less, as 0.025% is normally prescribed and commonly known as the lowest dosage. In conclusion of this study, they have stated that Mq 2%/Tret. 0.01% had far succeeded as a better skin lightening agent than the Hq 3%. Keep in mind though that an exfoliant such as Tretinoin was not mentioned to be used along with Hq in this study. The individuals' skin also did not have severe adverse reactions. Only mild to moderate reactions which to my knowledge, may have been only mild irritation, dryness, and itching of the skin which is quite common with Mq and Hq.

Here is the study below:

A new topical solution containing 4-hydroxyanisole (mequinol) 2%/tretinoin 0.01% (Solagé) was compared with its active components, its vehicle, and hydroquinone (HQ) 3% in the treatment of solar lentigines. In a randomized, parallel-group, double-masked study, 216 subjects applied the treatments twice daily for 16 weeks and were followed up for a further 24 weeks. A significantly higher proportion (P < or = .05) of subjects achieved clinical success with mequinol 2%/tretinoin 0.01% compared with HQ 3% as measured by both the lesional pigmentation on the forearm and the physician global assessment at the end of treatment. The proportion of subjects achieving clinical success on the face in the mequinol 2%/tretinoin 0.01% group was consistently higher than that in the HQ 3% group. Some treatment effects remained at the end of the treatment-free follow-up, with trends apparent on the face in favor of mequinol 2%/tretinoin 0.01% over HQ 3%. In all treatment groups, skin-related adverse events were mild or moderate and transient. In conclusion, the mequinol 2%/tretinoin 0.01% solution is a highly effective and well-tolerated treatment for solar lentigines and related hyperpigmented lesions, being superior to HQ 3% for lesions on the forearm and of similar efficacy for lesions on the face.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
Thank you GG. I saw that study online when I decided to purchase the MQ. There are some good and some bad but with everything again caution needs to be exercised. Interesting study and a lot of people have had success with the mix. I am guessing too that HQ3% can be just as effective if used in conjunction with Tret.
I don't think I would be able to use MQ10 at full strength as I am looking to enhance than damage. LOL.

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Thanks Allure, yes an interesting study. I use nadinola extra strength which contains 3% Hq and it has gradually lightened my neck and ears to a light brown and it doesn't give me that pinkesh look that Hq 4% commonly gives. I can only imagine how much more effective Hq 3% would be on my neck and ear areas if I used retin-a there. But, the peeling and irritation was really bad on my neck for me using it on those locations, so I eventually switched to using just the neutrogena pink grapefruit scrub instead which is more gentle.

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
I have heard of several people having problems using Retin A and peels on the neck area. I guess I did not realise how sensitive this area is. I have used Retin A on my neck with no problems so far, but my neck got really irritated with a very mild lactic acid peel, and yet my face had absolutely no problem with the same solution.

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
just to aadd, thanks for that info, GG.It is a shame that we have still not been able to find a supplier able to provide the 2 % without a prescription.

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Thanks Maharani, I guess it's another product that works better or worse on different parts of the body. Using nadinola has helped my neck to lighten and reach the same shade as my shoulders and upper body, in which my neck used to be darker since it was exposed to sunlight without sunblock. My face is slowly ketching back up and about a shade darker than my neck.

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
I often wonder as well how come 2% mequinol strength is rarely offered, and yet 10% is much easier to obtain?? If 2% mq is commonly the standard it would only make since unless there is another reason as to why.

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
And the huge price difference between the 2% combined products like Solage for example. and the 10% MQ from Goldpharma is ridiculous. Why so much for the extra tretinoin etc added ?

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
I don't know, my guess would be for paying for the name instead of the actual product. As though name alone will lighten skin.

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
GG I tend to agree with you. We are just paying for the name of the product and not the actual cost of the product. It is a shame that people have to use other sources to obtain products that are readily available but need either a prescription or cost an arm and a leg.

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
hey it's my first time here and i'm lov'in it.
so, today at 10:30 a.m my retin-a came in the mail,OH YEAH. just took 4 days to come and it only cost 4 dollars for every 20 g tube,WHAAAAAAT!thats right, just waiting for the mequinol. but those results of the study are reassuring that i'm walking down the yellow brick road of lighting success. no need for an applause, but feel free to clap anyway cheers

cordellpuss

Accepted
Accepted
Yes I mean no Wrote:
hey it's my first time here and i'm lov'in it.
so, today at 10:30 a.m my retin-a came in the mail,OH YEAH. just took 4 days to come and it only cost 4 dollars for every 20 g tube,WHAAAAAAT!thats right, just waiting for the mequinol. but those results of the study are reassuring that i'm walking down the yellow brick road of lighting success. no need for an applause, but feel free to clap anyway cheers

Hey!!! you are so funny i'm going to applaud you anyways, i wish you lots of success with your skin lightening regrimen.

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
yes___I mean no wrote:hey it's my first time here and i'm lov'in it.
so, today at 10:30 a.m my retin-a came in the mail,OH YEAH. just took 4 days to come and it only cost 4 dollars for every 20 g tube,WHAAAAAAT!thats right, just waiting for the mequinol. but those results of the study are reassuring that i'm walking down the yellow brick road of lighting success. no need for an applause, but feel free to clap anyway [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

LOL.. clap clap!

I'm glad your retin-a arrived and much success to you. What percentage did you get?

My first couple of months with Ra were the toughest, especially since I have sensitive skin. Fast track several months later, my skin has erally smoothed out, no acne breakouts anymore, and almost blemish free on my face as the hyperpigmented spots has almost completely faded. I think the glycolic acid/mulberry serum helped me progress as well.

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
Golden Girl wrote:
yes___I mean no wrote:hey it's my first time here and i'm lov'in it.
so, today at 10:30 a.m my retin-a came in the mail,OH YEAH. just took 4 days to come and it only cost 4 dollars for every 20 g tube,WHAAAAAAT!thats right, just waiting for the mequinol. but those results of the study are reassuring that i'm walking down the yellow brick road of lighting success. no need for an applause, but feel free to clap anyway [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

LOL.. clap clap!

I'm glad your retin-a arrived and much success to you. What percentage did you get?

My first couple of months with Ra were the toughest, especially since I have sensitive skin. Fast track several months later, my skin has erally smoothed out, no acne breakouts anymore, and almost blemish free on my face as the hyperpigmented spots has almost completely faded. I think the glycolic acid/mulberry serum helped me progress as well.

i received 0.1%, i heard that was a lot especially for first time us and i dont want to end up with a red face Embarassed but it will be properly diluted.

it came yesterday, well the 25 (don't know what time zone your in)
i have not used it yet, still waiting for the mequinol,

but i'm known for getting creams in my eye pirat have to be more careful lol!

and hey is that guy holding the lol sign Goku, just a thought

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
LMAO Gou from Dragon Ball Z! lol..maybe. I used to be sooo addicted to that anime, it does kind of look like him and maybe he is laughing at us. With my hq I use 0.05% ra, but I have also used 0.1% for acne spots on my face which helped but was so much stronger. So I later just switched back to 0.05%.

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
Golden Girl wrote:LMAO Gou from Dragon Ball Z! lol..maybe. I used to be sooo addicted to that anime, it does kind of look like him and maybe he is laughing at us. With my hq I use 0.05% ra, but I have also used 0.1% for acne spots on my face which helped but was so much stronger. So I later just switched back to 0.05%.

0.05... i'll have to try that GG, oh and they play dragon ball z on tv again, just started on Monday in america.

well don't know what time it is over there but it's 2:00 a.m over here,
good night everyone Sleep

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com