The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

1Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 3 Empty Lactic or Glycolic acid Fri May 28, 2010 4:35 pm

Yasmynn

Yasmynn
Visitor
Visitor
First topic message reminder :

I read a post before, but now i cannot find it. I want to know where to buy lactic or glycolic acid at a good price. There was a post that included information about where to buy, they said you have to know how to use it b/c it comes with no instructions, but you get a lot more for your money.

51Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 3 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:10 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
hmmm a psychological question, i'll ask one of those in the future, thats my psychic reading for today

52Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 3 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:33 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Hi,

Thank you so much for the wonderful information, you've definitely empowered me more.

Tell me, which skin lightening products would you recommend that are really effective? I am of black ethnicity and I am of a dark caramel complexion and want to go two shades lighter. So lets say I get a skin lightening lotion and moisturiser and soap, do I peel for two weeks first before using the products? And do I continue peeling long term as maintenance?

Thanks in advance,

PorcelainSkin

53Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 3 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:37 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
And if I want to ligthen dark elbows, knees and lips, can I also use the lactic acid? How do I apply it all over my body?

Thanks,

PorcelainSkin

54Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 3 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:44 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
well, i have never used anything that really worked, but retin a and MQ are effective and thats what t'm using...well going to, still waiting for the mail lady.

and yeah i would peel for 2 weeks before, and for maintenance you will never fully stop just decrease every thing your doing.

so if your at a comfortable shade and you got there by using 4% HQ and .1% retin a to maintain what you have you just dilute or use a lower %

and don't forget the sunscreen, real importante

55Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 3 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:53 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
PorcelainSkin wrote:And if I want to ligthen dark elbows, knees and lips, can I also use the lactic acid? How do I apply it all over my body?

Thanks,

PorcelainSkin

i don't think so. your lips are very sensitive, but at the same time try to treat it the same as the rest of your face, maybe you can mix a separate cream of low % just for your lips.

and as for your body including elbows and knees, i'm sure you don't rub chemical peels on your body lol

it seems like your going to use your desired lightening cream every day so hen you take a bath use your lufa that will exfoliate your body and if you want put salt in your soap to exfoliate further

56Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 3 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:03 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I am currently using shower gloves to shower and bath, that is what I use, I hear that I should be using a micro-fiber cloth instead? So I can purchase some skin lighetning products and add soem lactic acid in there? And make a separate mixture for lips, knees and elbows?

57Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 3 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:09 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
PorcelainSkin wrote:Hi,

Thank you so much for the wonderful information, you've definitely empowered me more.

Tell me, which skin lightening products would you recommend that are really effective? I am of black ethnicity and I am of a dark caramel complexion and want to go two shades lighter. So lets say I get a skin lightening lotion and moisturiser and soap, do I peel for two weeks first before using the products? And do I continue peeling long term as maintenance?

Thanks in advance,

PorcelainSkin

Yes you have to maintane it and as yes said you can do this by lowering the percentages of whatever you use. I would first use the peel on a small part of my body to see how it works. If your skin acts well to it, start your regimen a few days later. I would apply the hq, if you pick that, after a shower so that it will seep in better, your pores are more open after a shower. Incorparate the ret a by putting it on along with the hq, you can either mix the two in the palms of your hand or by mixing them together in a base cream; I'm not an expert with how much should be mixed together, maharani is better at that then I.

I would not peel the lips, way too sensitivel

58Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 3 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:15 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
when you say add some lactic acid in there, what do you mean, in the shower on your body, or in the lightening cream.

because you shouldn't do either.

when you hope out the the shower (not literally lol) apply the peel on your face, then lightening cream on your body, then wash the peel off then add lightening cream to the face

59Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 3 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:20 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Okay got it, what do I use to lighten my lips though? Which skin lightening products would you recommend which are great for long term? Can I put the peel on my elbows n knees n face and then wash it off and then apply perhaps a hydroquinone product on the elbows and knees and a more natural skin lightening cream on my face? I am giving myself 4 months to achieve optimum results, is that okay?

What do I use to wash my whole body and face with to lighten as well after or before exfoliating? What do I use as an exfoliator?

60Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 3 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:23 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Oh my no do not add it to your wash cloth and scrub your body with it. You should dilute your lactic acid and apply it to clean dry skin, leave it on for a few seconds, make sure to time how long maybe 15 seconds to start, then rinse it off. I belive a mixtur of water and baking soda will neutralize it. After which you should avoid the sun, I repeat AVOID THE SUN like a roach.

Micro gloves work just fine imo. I use a bath sponge and once I'm latherd I use one of those long loofas that remain hard when dry, mine is on a stick so I can reach everywhere

61Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 3 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:27 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Okay, so I apply the diluted lactic acid on dry clean skin? Got it, and leave it on for 15 secs first and then with time, I increase the time I leave it on? I already HATE the sun, lol, and I go everywhere with my umbrella, but I do not use sunscreen so I need to start using that now. Tell me though, for interest sake, lol, what will happen if I go in the sun after had applied lactic acid? Can I get the acid at any pharmacy? What do I dilute it with? How is your skin looking now?

62Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 3 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:29 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Well some use nadiola or fair and white ( I used that but you redarken very quick once you stop) also one test showed it contained 8% hq. Yes you can use an hq product for th knees elboys and other stubborn areas and maybe a lighter more natural one for the face. Don't forget the ret a it really does help the hq. Oh and be aware you'll go through what gg calls an ugly stage meaning, you'll peel and find acne break outs which is because the hq and any exfoliating soap brings the dirt and such to the surface. I myself use St. Ives apricot scrub for my face, its cheap, natural and exfoliates well. For my body I use neutrogena body wash that also exfoliates, I help by scrubbing (gently) with a loofah

63Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 3 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:34 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Going out in the sun bprotected after a pell can seriously damage the skin and revers what results and/or hinder what you have achieved. Yes you increase the amount of time you leave as you get used to it but the 15 was just a random number I threw out, less time might be better lol. I'm not sure about a pharmacy, they may only sell to dermatologists but you can buy it on ebay or amazon.

I used fair and white and I do belive it worked. I'm not too sure about how much it lightend since I didn't take pictures but I was told my skin looks better but I did redarken quickly and I thinl I'm slightly darker now but I'm in california and its june so who knows?

64Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 3 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:36 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
what do I use to lighten my lips though?

a low % to what you use o your face, you can buy those lip lightening glosses but but i don't know how well those work and don't plan on using them

alizee answered the rest... avoid the sun like roaches lol. my mom is already calling a vampire, she doesn't know i'm lightening though

65Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 3 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:42 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Lol I'm not sure for lips. I do belive mq lightens the surrounding areas you apply it to so if you put it on the face, it might lighten the lips.

66Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 3 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:43 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Okay, great information. So do I use the ret a for my body too or only my face? So I can use ret a in conjunction with a more natural skin lightener for my face? Which would you recommend? And perhaps a hydroquinoine product for my body, and peel on elbows and knees? Can i use the peel for my whole body or only on face and perhaps elbows and knees only?

67Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 3 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:43 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
ohh really, thats great then

68Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 3 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:45 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
what is mq?

69Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 3 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:47 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Yeah you can incorporate different lighteners. The hq and peels on the elboys kness sound good. You can use a more natural one for the face if your worried about skin thinning or excessive peeling. I belive the peel should be applied in sections I.e. the face, arms, legs but avoid the lady parts lol

70Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 3 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:48 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Mequinol

71Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 3 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:50 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Hahaha, lady parts?? lol, yeah so true.. Do I use the peels for the entire body? And do I use retin a for the entire body too?

72Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 3 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:51 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
Okay, great information. So do I use the ret a for my body too or only my face?

you can use it on your body or mix something else. it's up to you

So I can use ret a in conjunction with a more natural skin lightener for my face?

sure, makari... is that whats it's called again.

Which would you recommend? makari (never used it though gg did had good results)

And perhaps a hydroquinoine product for my body, and peel on elbows and knees?

perhaps

Can i use the peel for my whole body or only on face and perhaps elbows and knees only?

well it's a lot to put on your body when you can use a wash cloth and other stuff, peels on your body will be uncomfortable take a long time,and if your feeling lazy the last thing you want to do is apply a chemical peel on your whole body.

73Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 3 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:52 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Like I said I belive u can but in sections and the ret a is optional but helps penetrate

74Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 3 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:54 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Okay so I can peel my face only. But apart from exfoliators (which is used for skin ligthening as well) and lightening creams for the body, what else should i use? or is that it? and then just the peel on face, elbows, knees??!! im wondering what i can use for my lips to lighten then, can i put on the peel as well?

75Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 3 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:08 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
Okay so I can peel my face only. But apart from exfoliators (which is used for skin ligthening as well) and lightening creams for the body, what else should i use?or is that it?

thats all i really know, you have sucked all the information out of me, you can still look at 48 top skin lighteners

and then just the peel on face, elbows, knees??!!

yeah

im wondering what i can use for my lips to lighten then, can i put on the peel as well?

lips are to sensitive,i said make a new mix but alizee said that MQ around the lips will lighten the lips itself, i'll put my money on what she said

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com