The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Need some help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Need some help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Need some help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Need some help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Need some help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Need some help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Need some help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Need some help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Need some help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Need some help! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

1Need some help! - Page 2 Empty Need some help! Sun May 30, 2010 5:51 pm

Incognito

Visitor
Visitor
First topic message reminder :

I'm new in the lightening world, I would like to know what are the best lower price product to light my skin. I only used Idole cream and soap (from the Jabones Pardo company located in Spain) so I'm a litle bit scared of those product. I dont really need some " fast result".

26Need some help! - Page 2 Empty Re: Need some help! Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:10 pm

Indigo

Indigo
Visitor
Visitor
I just wanted to add...as far as soaps are concerned I would recommend DDF Brightening Cleanser. It is sold at Nordstrom, Sephora, the DDF website, and Ebay. It cost $ 35 dollars. I think this is a great cleanser to add to your regime Daredevil. But first.....we have to plan a regime for you because I do not think the soap alone is enough for significant results.

More product info:
A blend of six natural skin brighteners in a foaming glycolic and
salicylic gel to help noticeably minimize uneven skin tone and target
age spots. Excellent for face and body as part of an overall
hyperpigmentation program. Also effective in helping minimize post
blemish discoloration. Licorice scent.
For those of you who are interested the here is the ingredient list:
The ingredients are: WATER, AMMONIUM LAURETH SULFATE, GLYCOLIC ACID, TRIETHANOLAMINE,
COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, GLYCERIN, AMMONIUM LAURYL SULFATE, PROPYLENE
GLYCOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE, SALICYLIC ACID, POLYSORBATE 80,
METHYLPARABEN, PHENOXYETHANOL, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, DMDM HYDANTOIN,
DISODIUM EDTA, AMMONIUM HYDROXIDE, PROPYLPARABEN, BHT, FRAGRANCE, SODIUM
METABISULFITE, ARBUTIN, ARCTOSTAPHYLOS UVA URSI LEAF EXTRACT, AZELAIC
ACID, GLYCYRRHIZA GLABRA (LICORICE) ROOT EXTRACT, KOJIC ACID, MORUS ALBA
LEAF EXTRACT, SCUTELLARIA GALERICULATA EXTRACT, PANTHENOL.

27Need some help! - Page 2 Empty Re: Need some help! Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:42 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Indigo,

Thanks for the recommendation . I am familiar with this brand, but have yet to purchase from their range. I was planning to, a while back, but can't remember which particular product it was. Had to stop myself from adding to my never ending collection of products that I buy on impulse and accumulate without using !!! May have to add this to my wishlist !!! LOL

28Need some help! - Page 2 Empty Re: Need some help! Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:46 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

29Need some help! - Page 2 Empty Re: Need some help! Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:15 pm

Calista

Visitor
Visitor
Maharani,
Yes I'd give the chemical peels two thumbs up. This is my first time trying any type of peel. To tell you the truth one day I was just so frustrated with my acne problem ruining not only the texture of my skin, but also leaving dark spots behind that I thought why not give the peel a try? (I also did not want to go back to paying for dermatologist visits.) The type of peel I'm using is professional grade and I read many of the reviews before purchasing. The key to good results is strictly following the directions. I only use cleanser and nothing else 2-3 days previous to the peel -not even make-up.Your skin is very sensitive after a peel and you MUST wear sunscreen and you MUST apply moisterizer directly after the peel. I'm trying 2 different peels. One is a glycolic/lactic acid blend and the other is an HQ peel. I found the HQ peel is more effective for treating old scars on my hands, etc. I've seen significant difference so far.

30Need some help! - Page 2 Empty Re: Need some help! Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:12 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Sounds like you really are on the ball Calista Smile

Where did you purchase these peels, especially the hq one? I've been flirting with using one and I am now waiting for cooler months before I use HQ/ret a but I wouldn't mind using a peel on my neck,arms,and chest. How much were the and do they come with instructions, very clear ones at that?

31Need some help! - Page 2 Empty Re: Need some help! Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:44 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Calista,

Thanks for the reviews. Do you have any links you could share with us? Like Alizee, I came across a HQ peel on Amazon that looked interesting, but at the time I opted for something else. Did you experience much visible peeling using the HQ one? I think this is one of the reasons I was hesitant about trying it , as I was looking for something for the face, but did not want anything that would mean a lot of downtime. I have a very hectic schedule with no time that would allow me to be able to stay indoors for a few days.

32Need some help! - Page 2 Empty Re: Need some help! Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:06 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
calista,

By the way, what sun protection are you currently using and how effective have you found it?

I have been looking into trying out a few different brands, especially when I read that neutrogena was not as good as I originally thought. I have also heard of people tanning when using the La roche posay XL, though this has not been my own experience. However as I am very careful to avoid the sun as much as possible, this has also helped, so I can't put it all down to the sunscreen. I just want to make sure that I am getting as much protection as possible when I am and about. I know that my E45 sunblock has been really great on my hands but it does leave a caste, due to the zinc oxide and titanium dioxide, though it does fade after a while. This means definitely a no no for the face.

At the moment I am looking into Marie Veronique, which got a grading of 1 on this website amd from a couple of testimonials seems to have prevented tanning under quite intense conditions. Now I am not sure how it looks on the skin, but will let you know when it arrives.

33Need some help! - Page 2 Empty Re: Need some help! Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:08 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Oh and this is the HQ peel that I was loooking into

34Need some help! - Page 2 Empty Re: Need some help! Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:36 pm

Calista

Visitor
Visitor
Maharani and Alizee, sorry for my late reply. I was on vacation in Boston and I'm just going through my email.
Yes! I found the chemical peels from Skin Labratory on Amazon as well, but I purchased them directly from Skin Labs instead of Amazon because it was way cheaper. The shipping was fast and everything arrived intact. This is the first peel I've ever tried and it has been a very positive experience. I bought the BHA+HQ and the Glycolac/60 peels. Please follow the instructions to the letter. I think people who wrote negative reviews didn't follow the instructions and suffered for it. A peel will 'peel' your skin so moisterizer is important because the 'new skin' is tender. The instructions also recommend waiting at least 14 days between peels or longer and using sunscreen.
* I should note that you don't need to buy the neutralizer that Amazon wants you to buy. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I don't think Skin Labs even sells it - Amazon wants you spend an extra $10. Water is a natural neutralizer and as soon as you splash water on your face the peel washes off.

35Need some help! - Page 2 Empty Re: Need some help! Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:02 pm

Calista

Visitor
Visitor
This has been my routine starting June 2010.
Cleanser - Dr. Bronner's Organic Shikakai Soap
Toner - Avalon Organics CoQ10
Moisturizer- Aubrey Organics Natural Herbal Oil Balancing Moisterizer
Sunscreen (Face) -La Roche-Posay Anthelios AC Spf 30
Sunscreen (Body) - Coppertone Water Babies Pure & Simple Spf 50
I love everything I've been using and have been acne free since switching to this routine. I've since added; BHA+ HQ and Gyloclac 60 peels. I used the HQ peel first , waiting 14 days between each peel for 3 weeks, then I used Gylcolac for 3 weeks waiting 14 days between each application. No exfoliating for 6 weeks. I took all of July off and I think I may wait until cooler months like September to use the peels again on my face. I might try a second cycle to try and lighten scars on my body. It's worked well so far, if I continue I think they'll nearly disappear.

36Need some help! - Page 2 Empty Re: Need some help! Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:29 pm

Calista

Visitor
Visitor
I forgot to mention the exfoliator I use is Alba Botanica Hawaiian Pineapple Enzyme Facial Scrub. I was using Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power Clear Scrub but had to discontinue use while doing the chemical peels because it contains AHA. I wouldn't advise using exfoliator while doing the peels - unless you want to look like this [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .

37Need some help! - Page 2 Empty Re: Need some help! Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:31 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Sounds you've found something tht works and isn't too harsh on your skin. Have you experienced any lightening and if so how much?

I think its nice that you found a peel that contains instructions, it sounds like you've found a legitamite company.

38Need some help! - Page 2 Empty Re: Need some help! Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:32 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I forgot to add that I'm also waiting for cooler month before I use my hq/ret a routine^^

39Need some help! - Page 2 Empty Re: Need some help! Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:39 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Calista,

Did you experience much peeling with the HQ + BHA peel? I was thinking of using this as a possible option for particular areas of the body. I am pleased to hear that you were happy with the outcome and were careful to follow instructions to the letter. I agree that I have also just neutralised with plain water with no problems. In fact some of the peels that I have purchased, had instructions that actually specified this as a method to remove the acid solution and neutralise.

40Need some help! - Page 2 Empty Re: Need some help! Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:07 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I've also heard using water and baking soda is a good neutraliser.

41Need some help! - Page 2 Empty Re: Need some help! Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:18 pm

Calista

Visitor
Visitor
Maharani,
I didn't find that the HQ peel actually lightened as much as I thought and believed it would, however, I don't want to talk you out of it if you think it's something that can help you. Initially I ordered the HQ peel for my dark spots left from acne and while reading reviews I also decided to order the Glycolac. On the Skin Labs site they recommend lactic acid for dark spots more than the HQ peel. I was doubtful the lactic would be better than the HQ for lightening so I compromised by buying the Glycolac too. (I was curious about glycolic acid but too afraid to use full strength alone.) I have to admit Skin Labs was correct. The Glycolac worked far better and faster than the HQ peel on dark areas. I found the Glycolac gentler. The HQ peel did make my skin flake and I didn't see as much lightening. The HQ peel is probably better for preventing dark spots for acne than for lightening old scars or older dark areas on the skin. This is because Skin Labs HQ peel contains salicylic acid. I recommend using Cetaphil after rinsing the peel off because you need a layer of rather 'greasy' or emollient moisturizer to protect the tenderness of the new skin. The Cetaphil saved me from looking red after the HQ peel.

42Need some help! - Page 2 Empty Re: Need some help! Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:15 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Calista,

I take it that this is the glycolac you mean.

I like this company and have purchased some LA peels from them in the past. You probably find that this is working well for you as the glycolic works deeper into the skin and you may therefore see quicker results. I am guessing that you may still have some of the BHA + HQ. You may find that once you have done a series of the glycolac that this then works better as there is less of a barrier now that you have used glycolac. .

43Need some help! - Page 2 Empty Re: Need some help! Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:25 pm

Calista

Visitor
Visitor
Maharani, yes that is the peel I used. This is my first time using any peel, so I am still learning how my skin reacts depending on the type of chemical peel. You're probably right about seeing more lightening results after using the glycolac several times and then using the HQ. Personally, I have to be careful with the HQ peel as I did find that more irritating to my skin than the Glycolac.

44Need some help! - Page 2 Empty Re: Need some help! Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:26 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
This is the reason that it can be difficult to recommend something, as we are all different and can be sensitive to completely different things. A lot of people say they find glycolic too much but lactic acid fine and then it can be the other way around. The main thing is that you have found a combo that is working for you and you also know what may cause problems.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com