The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
My Old Regime. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
My Old Regime. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
My Old Regime. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
My Old Regime. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
My Old Regime. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
My Old Regime. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
My Old Regime. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
My Old Regime. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
My Old Regime. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
My Old Regime. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

1My Old Regime. - Page 2 Empty My Old Regime. Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:50 pm

Viola

Accepted
Accepted
First topic message reminder :

Hi everyone.
I want to share my old skin regime with you.I hope it helps someone.I don't use it anymore cos there is a particular ingredient that I can't find here.
This regime need a lot of patience!
I begin with a lightening and exfoliating scrub that consist of the following ingredients.
*Bath salt
*Cooking salt
*Half a lemon
*Egg white
*Honey
*Laxative(This is what i can't find.I used a particular one.Sodium something...I have forgotten.I never had to know the name cos when I walked into the pharmacy and asked for laxative,they gave you that particular one.I know the package)

Mix all these together for them to for a paste-not too thick and not too watery.The honey and lemon control the thickness.But note-don't use all the laxative.Just 1/3.ie one pack is used 3 times.

I used it to scrub my body beginning with the darkest areas.This scrub stayed on my skin for 30mins before I rinsed it off with water.
I did this everyday for like a month then i reduced it to 3 times a week.

At the time,I used So White and the serum.
For my face,I used a product called Peau de Lune to wipe and then the so white serum.

I adored the scrub.Its a pity that i cant find the laxative to continue.
It left my skin so so smooth and light.
If you know of something we can use to substitute the laxative,please share with us.

Thank y'all.

26My Old Regime. - Page 2 Empty Re: My Old Regime. Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:10 am

Viola

Accepted
Accepted
Truth be told.
It wasn't until I joined the AMHD and mailing some people on the board such as GG that I learned a lot.
I have been lucky though.
Personally,I stayed away from the Tempovate,Movate,Dermovate,Neutrotone,Fashion Fair etc...if you asked me why i stayed away,I would tell you simply-
"They are not good."I feared them long before even knowing why I should.I had no idea about steroids in them.
Then with time and after gathering information from several sources...everyone who had used a 'tube'(when you hear anyone say TUBE,know they are refering to steroid based creams which are packaged in that way.) complained about stretch marks,skin thinning,and white dots.
Aside that,I always had a bad feeling for cheap products.What are we talking about...stuff for $1.50 where I come from.h*ll no! I just feared cheap stuff.

But I did use Vit Fee for like a month. But I stopped.

27My Old Regime. - Page 2 Empty Re: My Old Regime. Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:16 am

Viola

Accepted
Accepted
...oh i forgot to share this part.
I have this friend who owns a cosmetic shop and each time I went thee to get my toiletries,he would show me the good stuff and warn me about the bad ones.It was from him that I learnt that BIO CLAIRE was a little devil looking for soulds to devour.
Yes,he did propose to mix my lotion for me at one time and I remember him saying to me-
I am not going to use any "tubes".
And oh yes...his mix worked well.I had no white dots,no stretch marks and no skin thinning.
Some of them do know what they are doing.But others...are high on MOET.

28My Old Regime. - Page 2 Empty Re: My Old Regime. Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:21 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
i herd the stories about steroids but thin skin and stretch marks never really had an effect on me, until i saw what they were doing in higher concentrations in places like africa, they literally looked like burn victims and that made me think about the long term, and quit all together

29My Old Regime. - Page 2 Empty Re: My Old Regime. Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:55 pm

Calista

Visitor
Visitor
Hm...I used Movate from one of those 'neighborhood' stores in a poor part of town in NYC. I only used 1 or 2 tubes then stopped - not sure why because I had good results. It may just have been because it was hard to find. I'm glad I didn't continue as I later learned about steriods, skin thinning and possible mercury poisioning etc.
Viola I think it's great that there are stores where you live that personally mix lotions for you. That's great customer service. I would also ask that no 'tubes' be used and only natural ingredients though.

30My Old Regime. - Page 2 Empty Re: My Old Regime. Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:09 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
I agree, great customer service. They do not do this around my neighborhood..then again I never asked if they offer this service.
Calista, that's good that you discontinued the use. I read that gradula discontinuation is also best when discontinuing any steroid based product if used for a lengthy amount of time.

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com