The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Types Of Acne Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Types Of Acne Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Types Of Acne Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Types Of Acne Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Types Of Acne Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Types Of Acne Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Types Of Acne Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Types Of Acne Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Types Of Acne Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Types Of Acne Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Which Type(s) of Acne Have You Had Or Currently Have? Check All That May Apply

Types Of Acne I_vote_lcap32%Types Of Acne I_vote_rcap 32% [ 7 ]
Types Of Acne I_vote_lcap23%Types Of Acne I_vote_rcap 23% [ 5 ]
Types Of Acne I_vote_lcap9%Types Of Acne I_vote_rcap 9% [ 2 ]
Types Of Acne I_vote_lcap18%Types Of Acne I_vote_rcap 18% [ 4 ]
Types Of Acne I_vote_lcap14%Types Of Acne I_vote_rcap 14% [ 3 ]
Types Of Acne I_vote_lcap4%Types Of Acne I_vote_rcap 4% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 22

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Types Of Acne Empty Types Of Acne Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:48 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Though all pimples start the same way, they can take many forms and may react differently for different people. All acne begins with one basic lesion: The comedo, an enlarged hair follicle plugged with oil and bacteria. Invisible to the naked eye, the comedo lurks beneath the surface of your skin waiting for the right conditions to grow into an inflamed lesion. As the skin continues to produce more oil, bacteria flourishes within the swollen follicle. The surrounding skin becomes increasingly inflamed as your white blood cells fight against the intruders.

NOTE: The following guide is not intended to be used for conclusive self-diagnosis; it’s best to consult a dermatologist if your [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] persists. These definitions may be used to help you decide whether or not you should consider seeking medical attention.

Types of Acne - NON-INFLAMMATORY ACNE:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Closed comedo, or whitehead. If the plugged follicle stays below the surface of the skin, the lesion is called a closed comedo, or whitehead. They usually appear on the skin as small, whitish bumps.

Open comedo, or blackhead. If the plug enlarges and pushes through the surface of the skin, it's called an open comedo, or blackhead. The plug's dark appearance is not due to dirt, but rather to a buildup of melanin, the skin's dark pigment.

Types of Acne - INFLAMMATORY ACNE:

Papule. The mildest form of inflammatory [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is the papule, which appears on the skin as a small, firm pink bump. These can be tender to the touch, and are often considered an intermediary step between non-inflammatory and clearly inflammatory lesions.

Pustule. Like papules, pustules are small round lesions; unlike papules, they are clearly inflamed and contain visible pus. They may appear red at the base, with a yellowish or whitish center. Pustules do not commonly contain a great deal of bacteria; the inflammation is generally caused by chemical irritation from sebum components such as fatty free acids.

Nodule or Cyst. Large and usually very painful, nodules are inflamed, pus-filled lesions lodged deep within the skin. Nodules develop when the contents of a comedo have spilled into the surrounding skin and the local immune system responds, producing pus. The most severe form of acne lesion, nodules may persist for weeks or months, their contents hardening into a deep cyst. Both nodules and cysts often leave deep scars.

Acne conglobata. This rare but serious form of inflammatory [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] develops primarily on the back, buttocks and chest. In addition to the presence of pustules and nodules, there may be severe bacterial infection.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Golden Girl on Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

2Types Of Acne Empty Re: Types Of Acne Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:03 am

Bj

Bj
Accepted
Accepted
I knew there were different types of acne, but I didn't know that there were that many. I have had whiteheads, blackheads, and once in a while cysts. I want to learn how to clear them from my face and make my complexion look more even-toned without any acne spots or spots.

3Types Of Acne Empty Re: Types Of Acne Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:37 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Well, I pretty much picked all of them...although my skin had not been in that type of condition in a long while now. If I stopped using everything, my skin would be far from flawless. But, exfoliating and what you digest into youyr body can also have an effect on the skn.

4Types Of Acne Empty Re: Types Of Acne Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:17 am

Bj

Bj
Accepted
Accepted
to me, i think blackheads seem to be the hardest to get rid of compared to whiteheads. would i have to use 2 different acne products to treat both of them?

5Types Of Acne Empty Re: Types Of Acne Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:46 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Search for a gentle yet effective skin product that has the ability to treat both. Personally, I have grown to really like Neutrogena pink grapefruit scrub that helped to get rid of mine along with help to shrink my pores. Also, Likas papaya soap or Diana Stalder papaya kojic soap also helped me with this and worked quite well.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com