1 How To Strengthen Your Eyelashes on Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:34 pm
At one point or another, every woman dreams of being able to maintain movie star quality eyelashes. This is not such an easy feat however, and along the way woman often will weaken or cause damage to their lashes, trying to obtain that perfect look. There are things that you can do to ensure that your lashes remain healthy and to make them stronger as well.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Things You'll Need:
- Biotin, Vitamin B supplement
- Facial moisturizer
- Good quality mascara
- Olive oil
- Cotton balls
- Take a supplement of vitamin B called Biotin on a regular basis. This is usually a supplement that is used to strengthen your nails and the hair on your head, but it has been effective in the strengthening of eyelashes, too. Biotin can be found at your local health supply store and is relatively cheap.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes when you are tired. Rubbing your eyes can weaken your eyelashes, causing them to become loose and sometimes even fall out. Try rubbing the area above or below your eyes instead.
- Use a good quality mascara. Do not skimp on the quality of your mascara, this could lead to weak brittle eyelashes. Cheaper mascara can make your eyelashes, which could cause them to fall out more easily and weaken them.
- Using a cotton ball apply a thin layer of olive oil to your lashes before bed. The olive oil will [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] your lashes while you sleep, and will strengthen them over time.
- Apply a coat of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to your eyelashes before bed each night using your finger. This is an alternative to the olive oil trick above, and can be just as effective. The Vaseline will moisturize and protect your lashes while you sleep, and help to make them stronger.
- Close your eyes and extend the application of your facial [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to your eyelashes. A thin layer of moisturizer applied before your mascara can keep lashes supple, even after makeup is applied.