The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Girlite: One Of The Most Potent Skin Lightening Agents? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Girlite: One Of The Most Potent Skin Lightening Agents? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Girlite: One Of The Most Potent Skin Lightening Agents? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Girlite: One Of The Most Potent Skin Lightening Agents? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Girlite: One Of The Most Potent Skin Lightening Agents? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Girlite: One Of The Most Potent Skin Lightening Agents? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Girlite: One Of The Most Potent Skin Lightening Agents? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Girlite: One Of The Most Potent Skin Lightening Agents? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Girlite: One Of The Most Potent Skin Lightening Agents? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Girlite: One Of The Most Potent Skin Lightening Agents? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged

Girlite: One Of The Most Potent Skin Lightening Agents?

"DeoxyArbutin demonstrates effective inhibition of mushroom tyrosinase in vitro with a Ki that is 10-fold lower that hydroquinone (HQ) and 350-fold lower than arbutin. In a hairless, pigmented guinea pig model, dA demonstrated rapid and sustained skin lightening that was completely reversible within 8 weeks after halt in topical application. In contrast, HQ induced a short but unsustained skin lightening effect whereas kojic acid and arbutin exhibit no skin lightening effect."
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In otherwords, Deoxyarbutin (dA) is:
- 350 times more effective than Arbutin
- 150 times more effective than Kojic Acid
- 10 times more effective than Hydroquinone

Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center and
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], a company based in Germany, have signed a licensing agreement through which Girindus will acquire exclusive rights to a portfolio of more than 30 patents of Cincinnati Children's related to skin lightening and dispigmentation. The technology may reduce the dispigmentation that occurs as the result of burns, skin grafting procedures, wounds, acne, chronic inflammation, side effects of drugs, and scarring that occurs during surgery and from accidents. The technology also has potential applications in the cosmetics industry.

Deoxyarbutin is more potent than Hydroquinone:

The technology is based on a compound known as deoxyarbutin. Deoxyarbutin is a skin lightening technology originally developed within the
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] In 2002, Procter & Gamble announced the donation of this technology to Cincinnati Children's. Deoxyarbutin is a compound that differs slightly from hydroquinone -- the skin lightener in most products currently on the market. Deoxyarbutin, however, is less irritating to the skin and is more stable than hydroquinone, so that it evaporates less, allows for deeper skin penetration and has greater "bioavailability." That is, it is better absorbed. "Because it began within P&G, deoxyarbutin is a more developed technology than is typically found in academic research institutions," said Joseph D. Fondacaro, PhD, director of the Office of Intellectual Property at Cincinnati Children's. "As a result, it created different licensing challenges and opportunities for us than we typically confront. We expect that Girindus is going to move this technology into the marketplace fairly quickly." Revenue generated through license agreements are funneled back into research at Cincinnati Children's intended to help the medical center reach its vision of being the leader in improving child health.

Although P&G had made technology donations in the past, the donation to Cincinnati Children's was the first time such a technology had been given to a pediatric medical center -- and the first in Cincinnati. Since P&G made the donation, researchers at Cincinnati Children's led by
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], director of the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], have continued to conduct studies and further develop the technology. Though the company no longer has an ownership interest in the technology, officials at P&G expressed pride in the licensing process. "This is how patent donations are supposed to work," says Jeff Weedman, vice president of global licensing for P&G. "The patent donee -- in this case Cincinnati Children's -- worked both to further develop the technology through its researchers and to license it through its Intellectual Property Office. This license agreement demonstrates that universities and non-profit research institutions can benefit from accepting patent donations."

Deoxyarbutin and Giridus:

Girindus is a technology-driven company offering the pharmaceutical industry comprehensive skills, including process research and development, good manufacturing practice consultation, scale-up and manufacture of active pharmaceutical ingredients and regulatory support. For deoxyarbutin, Girindus plans to work with both the pharmaceutical and cosmetics industry to bring skin lightening products to market. "We are pleased to add this unique technology to our existing product portfolio," says Fritz Link, CEO of Girindus AG.
"Skin lightening is a multi-billion dollar market and with this product we are well positioned in this rapidly growing area." Girindus is headquartered in Bensberg (Cologne), Germany, and has U.S. operations in Cincinnati and Tampa.

Last edited by Golden Girl on Mon May 10, 2010 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged

Contact Info:

Peter J. Bergsteiner,
Director Finance & Investor Relations
Girindus AG
Buchenallee 20, 51402 Bensberg
T: +49 - (0)2204 - 926 - 900
F: +49 - (0)2204 - 926 - 990
E-mail:

Development &
Production Center
USA
Girindus America Inc.
8560 Reading Road
Cincinnati
Ohio 45215
Tel: + 1 513 679 3000
Fax: + 1 513 679 3053

Sales Oflce
Switzerland
Girindus SA
Rue Abbé Bovet 12
CH 1700 Fribourg
Tel: + 41 26 322 4294
Fax: + 41 26 322 4091

Scale Up & Production Center
Germany
Girindus AG
Kantstrasse 2
D 33790 Kuensebeck
Tel: + 49 5201 711 5252
Fax: + 49 5201 711 5551

Sales Oflce
USA
Girindus Sales Corporation
34650 US Highway 19 North
Palm Harbor (Tampa)
Florida 34684
Tel: + 1 727 781 8383
Fax: + 1 727 781 8388
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Kuensebeck, Westphalia, Germany

Under the trademark GirLite®️ Girindus is developing cosmetic ingredients protected by over 60 patents worldwide.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] launches skin lightener, protectant.

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
So let me get this straight, this thing works better then hq and lasts eight weeks after you've stopped usage but it isn't available as a cream yet?

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
Very interesting, I have read this before and read the studies done on burn victims especially children. I did some research on this and I hope that their product will be marketed to consumers soon. Thanks GG for reminding me of this

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
@Alizee love, from what the studies show, yes.

@Allure there is a product containing deoxyarbutin but it is marketed as an anti-aging product instead of as a skin lightener. So, I a thinking the percentage of deoxyarbutin is little in this product called Prevage Anti Aging Treatment by Elizabeth Arden [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and the price is quite steep for it as well. I posted more info on the product on the thread "lightening progress" I believe, I'll search for it.

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
My mother uses elizabeth arden; the perfumes are great.

I was suprised to see p&g were involved in this I usually associate them with soap operas lol

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
Hey GG during my research I saw the prevage and I was like [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] For such a little bottle and the price? Come on now. It got great reviews though. I sent an email to this company in china requesting a quote on their Deoxyarbutin, let's see if they will ever respond! The percentage is low 1-3% so I am guessing it will not cost that much. I am willing to try this seeing it got great results and more potent and harmless (somewhat). I will keep you guys posted if I get a response.

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I knew it would cost but exactly how much is it?

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
"Approximate Price: $155.00; Size: 1.7 oz."

For a product that isn't a skin lightner, the asking price is too high for only an ounce. The amount of deoxyarbutin used a quite a small amount as this brand is using it as an anti-aging product instead of as a skin lightener which would need a higher percentage of dA:

Ingriedients: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Pentylene Glycol, PEG-8, Glycerin, Phospholipids, Isopropyl Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Algae Extract, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate/VP Copolymer, Hydroxydecyl Ubiquinone, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, PPG-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium PCA, Trehalose, Urea, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Deoxyarbutin, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Sodium Acrylate/Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Polyquaternium-51, Polysobutene, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethylmethoxy Chromanol, Mica, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzoic Acid, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol Propylparaben, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Red 4 (CI 14700), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Ummmm...one word....NO

Even pure perfect isn't that much

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Speaking of Pure Perfect, here is the message they had given to me today:

My message:
Feedback / Comments: Hi Pure Perfect,
I have a few questions to ask that I hope that you can please help assist me with. I would like to know if you ship to the U.S., and how do I go aout ordering since I'm in the U.S.?

Do you have samples and what are the prices for them?
And how is the new formula of the Pure Perfect parfait? Is it better than the last one and if so, can you explain to me how? How were the new testing for the whichever product that was recently tested, how were the results and can it be able to lighten me about 3 shades? I hope to hear from you soon, thank you.

from Pure Perfect:
Hi There

Thank you for your interest in the product, it would be more convenient for you to order from the US website [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Kind Regards
Rachel
Pure Perfect

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Golden Girl wrote:Speaking of Pure Perfect, here is the message they had given to me today:

My message:
Feedback / Comments: Hi Pure Perfect,
I have a few questions to ask that I hope that you can please help assist me with. I would like to know if you ship to the U.S., and how do I go aout ordering since I'm in the U.S.?

Do you have samples and what are the prices for them?
And how is the new formula of the Pure Perfect parfait? Is it better than the last one and if so, can you explain to me how? How were the new testing for the whichever product that was recently tested, how were the results and can it be able to lighten me about 3 shades? I hope to hear from you soon, thank you.

I sent them an email and today I got a responce too.

Rachel told me it would be better to go through fairandflawless.com

I am seriously thinking of buying their soap, hand/body whitening cream, and one of their facial creams....not the 5x...its $100

from Pure Perfect:
Hi There

Thank you for your interest in the product, it would be more convenient for you to order from the US website [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Kind Regards
Rachel
Pure Perfect

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
You know what guys? Why couldn't they be kind enough and answer your questions? I see something that is very suspicious in their response to you. Forgive but it's the investigative side of me coming out.

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
I thought the same. It seems they would rather fob you off onto F & F, even if it means it's a missed sales opportunity. I understand that their location means it is probably more practical to order directly from F & F, but Pure Perfect could still have given an answer. Always makes me uncomfortable, when companies are not happy to respond to inquiries like this.

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
Maharani precisely! Noticed that GG asked a lot of pertinent questions which they did not respond to, just stating that you should buy from F& F. Why didn't they address the problem at hand? I wouldn't trust them until I have gotten a concrete response about their ingredient lists etc.

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Hmm I do not remember sending that other message lol, maybe one of the mods could erase it?
Here is what I got back from them
Hi there
Thank you for your interst in our range,please note that it would be easier for you to order from our US distributor [url=http://www.fairandflawless.com
I emailed thme again yesterday sking for the products Sorishas used and this is what they told me:
Sorisha uses the pure parfait,the body gel three times a week, and colada hand and body cream the rest of the time
I think I will ask them for more information regarding their testing and the reformulatiom

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
I have heard that the acidic content in the parfait is lesser than the original one. That is the only major change to the ingredients.

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
I had really liked the idea of a natural crystal deoderant that was made of natural mineral salts, free from aluminium chlorohydrate, alcohol, parabens, and was cost effective. Having the ability to last for up to a year and more.
I don't know if it just didn't work for me, or if it was the brand. But, it seems to be quite popuar in Asia.

Last edited by Golden Girl on Thu May 13, 2010 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
[quote="Alizee love"]Hmm I do not remember sending that other message lol, maybe one of the mods could erase it?
Here is what I got back from them
Hi there
Thank you for your interst in our range,please note that it would be easier for you to order from our US distributor [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]]
I emailed thme again yesterday sking for the products Sorishas used and this is what they told me:
Sorisha uses the pure parfait,the body gel three times a week, and colada hand and body cream the rest of the time
I think I will ask them for more information regarding their testing and the reformulatiom

You can hit the report button for deletion or can give me the link and post #

That was good that they had mentioned to you Sorisha's regimen, perhas they'll also tell mre on the teting as well I hope.

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
For the pure parfait, I wonder how many jars monthly to lighten or maintain the whole body? I believe the size is 4oz. but I'll have to check again.

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
allure wrote:Maharani precisely! Noticed that GG asked a lot of pertinent questions which they did not respond to, just stating that you should buy from F& F. Why didn't they address the problem at hand? I wouldn't trust them until I have gotten a concrete response about their ingredient lists etc.

Yes, I agree. That was how I had felt too.

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
allure wrote:You know what guys? Why couldn't they be kind enough and answer your questions? I see something that is very suspicious in their response to you. Forgive but it's the investigative side of me coming out.

Yes, suspicious. Perhaps they weer instructed to say this.

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
MAHARANI wrote:I thought the same. It seems they would rather fob you off onto F & F, even if it means it's a missed sales opportunity. I understand that their location means it is probably more practical to order directly from F & F, but Pure Perfect could still have given an answer. Always makes me uncomfortable, when companies are not happy to respond to inquiries like this.
I'm guessing they may have been coached or instructed to say this, yet if it is a separate company then I thought they have the choice to sale wherever pleased. Yet, my other questions were not answered.

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
You are right allure it is odd so I sent a third email asking if the parfait works as well as the first version since that was changed because it was too strong.

Gg with that deodarant is it supposed to last a year in the jar or you only have to use once a year?

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I visited the site and wrote a few prices down:

Facial lightening cream 49.97
5x intensive skin whitening gel 69.97 ( I believe this is the "gel" sorisha uses)
Colada hand/body cream 79.97 (sorisha uses it)
Se quiso ( body cream if I remember right) 99.97. (I had a stroke when I read that)
Body lightening and tan remover 55.97
Lightening body bar soap 9.00 <---- is that a fair price?
And of course the product in question.....Parfait.....69.97

In my opinion the facial lightening cream isn't too much but the others? Yeesh
The colada is 8 0z. The parfait 2 oz andd the body creams are 4 oz I believe; the soap's 9 oz.
I think four onces could last me a month, my banana boat sheer. Age-defying complex is 6oz and its lasted a month and I put it on my whole body twice a day.

Thoughts?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com