The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 8 of 10]

1My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 8 Empty My Lactic Acid Experience Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:02 am

Yasmynn

Yasmynn
Visitor
Visitor
First topic message reminder :

Ok. I received my lactic acid about a week ago from lotioncrafters. It came in 2 days!! Quick shipping! Anyway, I'm still watining for my mequinol and Retin A.
I applied the lactic acid last night. My skin is really resistant so I did a test with pure lactic acid and I didn't feel a thing. So, I put it on my face and neck with a wet towel. 88%. It tingled very little. It seemed a bit oily and when it dried, it felt kind of rubbery. The next day the right side of my face started peeling alot. No peeling on the left. But I had already significantly lightened from Makari and Nadinola, I didn't think I would see a big difference, but it is at least a full shade lighter where my skin peeled. The new skin had a supple glow to it. Oh, I forgot to add that I applied more makari/nadinola about 5 hours later. (after the LA dried).
So far so good. I reapplied to the the left side of my face that hasn't peeled. I look two colors. lol [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Some of it got on the area that had already peeled and I had to immediately get it off of that area b/c it burned like [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . So don't apply this to any peeled areas or open.
I plan to start on my body tomorrow. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

176My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 8 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:38 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Alizee love wrote:They both cause peeling and the new skin is always lighter then that on top because that skin has not been exposed to the pollutions in the air.

so the lactic acid peel also helps to remove blemishes, pimples, and hyperpigmented skin??

177My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 8 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:19 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
It can remove the marks left by pimples I believe

178My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 8 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:26 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Alizee love wrote:It can remove the marks left by pimples I believe

oh okay, will just see what happens then. thanks hun

179My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 8 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:47 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Good luck

180My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 8 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:01 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Thanks Wink

181My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 8 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:41 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
PorcelainSkin,

different areas of your body may react in varying ways to the peel. For example you may find that your knees can tolerate the peel for much longer than say the back of them or the back of your neck. The skin on your face tends to be more sensitive than your body and so you may find that you do not want to leave the peel on for too long, especially as you have now introduced RA into your regime. I would say leave it on your face initally for only a couple of minutes, provided there is no intense burning. AND I would also suggest that you peform a small patch test on somewhere like the underside of your chin to get an idea of how your face will react.

182My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 8 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:04 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
MAHARANI wrote:PorcelainSkin,

different areas of your body may react in varying ways to the peel. For example you may find that your knees can tolerate the peel for much longer than say the back of them or the back of your neck. The skin on your face tends to be more sensitive than your body and so you may find that you do not want to leave the peel on for too long, especially as you have now introduced RA into your regime. I would say leave it on your face initally for only a couple of minutes, provided there is no intense burning. AND I would also suggest that you peform a small patch test on somewhere like the underside of your chin to get an idea of how your face will react.

Got it, will do a patch test on my chin, thanks mom Wink

183My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 8 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:15 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
hey guys, just double checking, if i apply the lactic peel, leave it on for a few mins, i can remove it with cool water right? is that fine too? or do i have to mix the water with baking soda as a neutralizing solution? i did the first full face and body peel today and after, just rinsed it off with some cotton wipes dipped in cool water, is that fine??

184My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 8 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:01 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
where did you get your lactic acid from?

185My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 8 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:33 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
KIM wrote:where did you get your lactic acid from?

Lotioncrafter

186My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 8 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:38 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
hey guys, i have a few dark patches on my skin from the lactic acid. is this something i shud worry about? i did the peel today and my face is still alil sore.. i kept the peel on 4 about 4 mins and it did burn quite abit..

187My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 8 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:22 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
You kept it on too long, or that's how it sounds to me.

188My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 8 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:10 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Alizee love wrote:You kept it on too long, or that's how it sounds to me.

i now have dark patches on my face, like like burn marks. i kept it on for like 3mins. what should i do now?? shud i get a cream to heal it? like a vitamin e cream? WHAT SHOULD I DO???

189My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 8 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:10 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
i dont want any permenant scarring, pls help!!

190My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 8 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:18 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I've never done a peel so I can't recomend anything aside from not using it on your face for awhile and use eucerin cream or something like that. I remember Maharni told you ,repeatedly, to not leave it for more then a few seconds, especially on the face where the skin is the thinnest. I hope if you still use this peel you won't leave it on as long next time.

DO NOT LEAVE IT ON FOR 3 MINUTES OR MORE.

191My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 8 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:36 am

Enticing

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
it has been my expiernce that any peel with a high percentage of lactic acid can do more harm than good...the exfoliator from dr. thienna was 25% lactic acid...I think thats the only one of her products that actually made a difference in the apperance of my skin!

lactic acid peels with 40% and 70% lactic acid can really irritate the skin espcially now that you're using retin A....dont do any scrubs or any exfoliation since I've been using retin A...Tretinoin does enough exfoliation.

192My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 8 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:39 am

Enticing

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Yasmynn wrote:Ok. I received my lactic acid about a week ago from lotioncrafters. It came in 2 days!! Quick shipping! Anyway, I'm still watining for my mequinol and Retin A.
I applied the lactic acid last night. My skin is really resistant so I did a test with pure lactic acid and I didn't feel a thing. So, I put it on my face and neck with a wet towel. 88%. It tingled very little. It seemed a bit oily and when it dried, it felt kind of rubbery. The next day the right side of my face started peeling alot. No peeling on the left. But I had already significantly lightened from Makari and Nadinola, I didn't think I would see a big difference, but it is at least a full shade lighter where my skin peeled. The new skin had a supple glow to it. Oh, I forgot to add that I applied more makari/nadinola about 5 hours later. (after the LA dried).
So far so good. I reapplied to the the left side of my face that hasn't peeled. I look two colors. lol [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Some of it got on the area that had already peeled and I had to immediately get it off of that area b/c it burned like [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . So don't apply this to any peeled areas or open.
I plan to start on my body tomorrow. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

this sounds alot like whats happening to me....omg..ya there are stages during the lightening journey were you appear two toned! I hate that! and its so hard some time to figure out which body parts need a break from what ever agent it is you're using...u can get burned...literally.

193My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 8 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:00 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I was told to leave the peel on for around 2 to 3mins hun, yes have been apply lots of eucerin.. I have a few dark patches, which looks like burns, around my face. Is this a side effect? What should I do?? Maharani??

194My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 8 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:18 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
No I think you burned your skin and I would go to a doctor as I really don't know what to do aside from maybe aloe vera or eucerin.

195My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 8 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:04 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
PorcelainSkin,

Have sent you a pm.

196My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 8 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:18 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
To clarify to all. PLEASE make sure that any peel solution is thoroughly and gently removed post treatment. The neutralising solution is to be used especially around the face and neck area, although I know that some have been able to use just plain cool water in a shower to remove the acid from the body and this has also been recommended by some companies. Cotton pads dipped in water is not enough to remove the peel solution.

Any time the skin has any sort of intense burning then the acid should be removed immediately. It is better to keep the acid on the skin for less time than just a little longer than is really needed. Patch tests MUST be carried out to check skin sensitivity. And the use of any retinoids or AHA products should be stopped for at least 3 days before and after the peeling treatment. MOst importantly, listen to your skin and don't overdo it.

197My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 8 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:37 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
i have bought vitamin e oil and have applied it generously

198My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 8 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:28 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
I am waiting to see how it turns out for u before I decide to buy. Do you have any updates Porcelain ?

199My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 8 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:12 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Hey guys, hope you are well doing well. I'm doing great too, the skin is healing well, experiencing lots of peeling and the burns are getting better, faster than i thought Wink I am dabbing on lots of vitamin e oil and staying out of the sun, will give another update at the end of the week. But im good now, thanks Wink

200My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 8 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:51 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Hey guys, just a little update. My skin has completely healed from the first incident where i had burned my skin. in fact, it healed much faster than i thought and i was able to do another peel on sunday. there is no evidence at all on my face that i burned so its all good. i left the peel on for a few secs on sunday after it started stinging and use the baking soda as a neutraliser. its wednesday today and have not seen any peeling yet. i also used the lactic on my arms and there is some peeling close to my arm pits. i wish i would peel faster though.. i might keep the peel on for longer on my arms this coming sunday..

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com