The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 14]

1Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 5 Empty Tell Us About Yourself! Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:48 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
First topic message reminder :

Hello, and welcome to the Skin Philosophy Skin Care Forum. We encourage new members to take a moment to tell us a little about themselves--Who you are and what are your hobbies? Where are you from? What do you like and dislike? and why you chose to join our community.

If you are going to start an introduction thread, please make it worthwhile for others to read. Enjoy your time at TSP. Please read the FAQs and Rules, familiarize yourself with the stickies and announcements in the different forums, and take the time to read what you write before you post it.

Last edited by Golden Girl on Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

101Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue May 25, 2010 7:19 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Welcome to the board but just so you know, mequinol is not a fast lightener, its a slow but gradual process and I believe you should see results in one to two months time.

102Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue May 25, 2010 9:35 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
yes___I mean no wrote:hello everybody, glade to be here. my real name is Arnold and i am a college student working towards my degree in biology and to perform in the Olympics in 2012.my first lighting experience began 2 years ago just after high school. i regrettably ordered from mono.net since then i have been treading carefully and have not ordered from any body online since 6 days ago from whom i'v done extensive research on, and like most people i'm the type who likes safe products with fast results and no damage afterwards, so i'm going for mequinol and retin a, pictures will follow in 1-2 months on askmehelpdesk and now on this site as well...so thats it, and i thank GG for informing me about the site, it is a god send if their ever was one.
OK OK, i know what your thinking and theres no need for a standing ovation. lol
take care everybody

Warm welcome Yes___I mean no, I'm glad you made it over here and I look forward to reading your progress and Olympics! I hope you succeed.

103Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue May 25, 2010 9:55 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
THANKS GG

104Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Wed May 26, 2010 9:04 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
yes_I mean no,

A very warm welconme to the board. !! So you will be in my lovely hometown in 2012 !! Wow, we have talent amongst us. Are you able to say what event you will be competing in ?

We all love pics on here, so our fingers are firmly crossed on your progress . Good luck and happy lightening !!!

105Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Wed May 26, 2010 4:32 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
MAHARANI wrote:yes_I mean no,

A very warm welconme to the board. !! So you will be in my lovely hometown in 2012 !! Wow, we have talent amongst us. Are you able to say what event you will be competing in ?

We all love pics on here, so our fingers are firmly crossed on your progress . Good luck and happy lightening !!!

hi, i can't wait to be in your home town either i do the triple jump, 100m, and the 400m events. really bissy with school though and both are a lot of work. and if i can't participate i will be watching and training for 2016.

anyway it's nice to have such a warm welcome from everybody, its very nice to be here Very Happy

106Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Wed May 26, 2010 6:11 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Wow we have an Olympian amongst us; that's cool.

Have you participated in the pasr or would this be your first time?

107Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Wed May 26, 2010 8:10 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
Alizee love wrote:Wow we have an Olympian amongst us; that's cool.

Have you participated in the pasr or would this be your first time?

well i graduated high school in 08 and watched it on tv and thought... hmmm make my pc simpler, lol! and then i thought well i was the best in high school so why not. down side is 4 years in track with no protection does a lot of skin damage sunny = Embarassed

108Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Wed May 26, 2010 9:28 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Lol

Your not much younger then I am then. I hope you make it, London is lovely in the summer

109Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Thu May 27, 2010 1:00 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Yeah do't forget to send us front row tickets and I'll bring us some big straw hats!

110Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Thu May 27, 2010 1:02 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
Golden Girl wrote:Yeah do't forget to send us front row tickets and I'll bring us some big straw hats!

lol! will do, will do

111Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Thu May 27, 2010 2:33 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Lol now dont forget the big black sunglasses

112Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Fri May 28, 2010 5:42 pm

EggoMini

EggoMini
Quiet Type
Quiet Type
Hi all!

I've been on the other well-known skin forums and only found this one today. I recognize a few names!

My skin issues were & are mostly sun damage on normally exposed areas (face, back of neck, outer arms, tops of feet etc.) and melasma on my cheeks. (face cheeks). I was faithfully using lighteners, peels and sunscreen for a while. Then I went to a sunscreen only regi and the patches came back on my cheeks. So i'm back to my old regi for like the last 3 weeks.. & already see results.

I sometimes wish my skin wasn't so high (IMO) maintainence but it's what I have to deal with for even skin i guess.

Hello and hugs too all! I love you

113Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Fri May 28, 2010 5:51 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Welcome eggominni *hugs*

If I may ask what was your previous skin regimen and how light did you get?

114Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Fri May 28, 2010 7:30 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
hello eggomini, and welcome. i just joined 3 days ago myself i really enjoy it hope you do to.
Very Happy

115Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Fri May 28, 2010 8:05 pm

EggoMini

EggoMini
Quiet Type
Quiet Type
Hi Alizee and Yes I Mean No! I was washing with Likas soap or F&F scrub.

Then applying either Othine (same company as Nadinola Extra Strength) or the F&F Soho Parfait gel. I also used Belo lotion and later AmLactin.

Aprx. weekly, I used Glycolic 35 peel on my darker areas. Now i've added Lactic 50 peel for my melasma.

I also did a couple of peels with TCA 12 for my pressure or friction-darkened elbows & knees. I was brave once and applied the TCA to my outer arms but I don't recommend it. The pain and shedding were too much for the effect, IMO! ...Lots of smoothness with some brightening but i think I could've been more patient.

There's also a small section of my upper left arm that has a darker patch. I'm not sure if it was from scrubbing with my loofah too much prior to the TCA peel... Or if it's some kind of PIHyperpig from the TCA, perhaps a combination of both?

'Could also be a deeper layer of sun damage revealed my the TCA peel since it's my driver's side window arm and it's globally darker than my right arm.

Through it all I've stayed with my sunscreens, hats, sleeves, common sense, etc. to prevent extra sun-induced skin drama.

I'd like to find some sort of internal cure for the melasma.. I've read that it's hormone related and it's worsened since I've had children. I have this fantasy ideal of eventually reaching an equilibrium and not being so product-dependent for even-toned skin. I'm not sure how realistic that is. It seems like, at best, the sides of my face are always going to be an issue unless i find a different approach.

Hope my rambling helps someone else! lol!

116Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Fri May 28, 2010 8:13 pm

Incognito

Visitor
Visitor
Hi everyone! I find this wonderful website on google, I live in the province of Quebec, in Canada so my english is very bad (sorry!). French is my mother tongue so if I make some mistakes dont be too surprise. Well I would like to light my skin a little bit, my body is a lighter than my face so I would like to "Correct" this thing.

117Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Fri May 28, 2010 8:34 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Aww so you used f&f? I have been flirting with them but am unsure because of the price and the questionable customer service.
How well did it lighten your face?

For the melasma there is a company, now I'm going to mispell it, call meladerm that is supposed to work

118Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Fri May 28, 2010 8:39 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Aww another frenchwoman(man?)

My spelling in french is horrible( my father would slap me if he knew lol) so excuse the typo but Bienvenue. You are from quebec right? So that makes you a quebecoais(sp?).

Welcome to the board lol

119Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Fri May 28, 2010 9:22 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
hi to Incognito and welcome. hope you like it here, i would shake your hand but it's a couple hundred miles away.

is this your fist time using lightening products?

120Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Fri May 28, 2010 9:41 pm

EggoMini

EggoMini
Quiet Type
Quiet Type
Alizee love wrote:Aww so you used f&f? I have been flirting with them but am unsure because of the price and the questionable customer service.
How well did it lighten your face?

For the melasma there is a company, now I'm going to mispell it, call meladerm that is supposed to work

I think it (FF soho) works well, I didn't have any negative side-effects, besides a lighter wallet. i also tried their Creme de Laser and Se Quise (sp?) ... not as good im my experience.

I never used anything totally alone so I think it's a combination approach that helps.

I've read of some ppl getting good results with peel (lactic or gly) + HQ or arbutin product.

I also tried the HQ/RA regi from SCT, using products from the Alldaychemist site. It gave me an orange tan, so I quit that.

Embarassed

I haven't tried Meladerm yet, I've read mixed reviews.

121Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Fri May 28, 2010 10:15 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Eggomini- that's why I have not tried them; the price and I can buy a couple bottles of wine for that price.
How light do you think you got?
As for the hq, I haven't heard of an orange tan. Could it be from the amount or the combination with the peels. I do know hq is recomended for a six month usage but I have read of people using it linger and being ok; maybe it depends on your tolerance

122Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Sat May 29, 2010 11:28 am

Incognito

Visitor
Visitor
Alizee love wrote:Aww another frenchwoman(man?)

My spelling in french is horrible( my father would slap me if he knew lol) so excuse the typo but Bienvenue. You are from quebec right? So that makes you a quebecoais(sp?).

Welcome to the board lol

Yes a "Quebécoise" of haitian origin; " Merci "

123Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Sat May 29, 2010 11:30 am

Incognito

Visitor
Visitor
yes___I mean no wrote:hi to Incognito and welcome. hope you like it
here, i would shake your hand but it's a couple hundred miles away.

is
this your fist time using lightening products?

Yes, I
dont know what to buy, I'm scared of those products.

124Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Sat May 29, 2010 11:53 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
Incognito wrote:

is

Yes, I

how many shades would you like to lighten?
is it just your face?

i could only tell you the few things i'v used, but theres a person named golden girl over here, shes like the queen of lightening and has an extensive library of knowledge about lightening.

the safe ones i know about are vitamin c, alpha arbutin, retin a and mequinol( which can depig your skin) but theres more,

and there are topics on here that explains a lot

125Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 5 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Sat May 29, 2010 12:06 pm

Incognito

Visitor
Visitor
yes___I mean no wrote:
Incognito wrote:

is

Yes, I

how many shades would you like to lighten?
is it just your face?

i could only tell you the few things i'v used, but theres a person named golden girl over here, shes like the queen of lightening and has an extensive library of knowledge about lightening.

the safe ones i know about are vitamin c, alpha arbutin, retin a and mequinol( which can depig your skin) but theres more,

and there are topics on here that explains a lot

well my chess is a meagon good color and the rest of my body is a Angela Brasset color, it's anoying a litte bit and I would like to have all my body like meagan good.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com