The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 12 of 14]

1Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 12 Empty Tell Us About Yourself! Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:48 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
First topic message reminder :

Hello, and welcome to the Skin Philosophy Skin Care Forum. We encourage new members to take a moment to tell us a little about themselves--Who you are and what are your hobbies? Where are you from? What do you like and dislike? and why you chose to join our community.

If you are going to start an introduction thread, please make it worthwhile for others to read. Enjoy your time at TSP. Please read the FAQs and Rules, familiarize yourself with the stickies and announcements in the different forums, and take the time to read what you write before you post it.

Last edited by Golden Girl on Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

276Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 12 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:33 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
KIM wrote:Hi terracotta,

welcome to the board. I am from the Uk too !!! Is there a a reason why you do not want to try the retin a from adc? Have you tried it before? I get mine from there as well as from reliable rx which basically sends it from the same place but at a cheaper shipping rate. I have not tried retin a from anywhere else so cannot compare. I am in touch with someone on line who says that the hq from adc and reliable is not as effective as the type you would get form a dermatolgist but again I have not tried that to compare. Some seem to have success with it and I read that some do not seem to see much of a diiference but have better results with something like nadinola which is only 3%. I am cuurrently just starting obagi which did cost me a fair bit but I am sure there has been some lightening already. I guess you get what you pay for.

I must stress the importance of sunblock and sun avoidance in order to keep up your results. hq ad ra and SUN do not agree and = darkening. Also I understand that it is generally advised that 4% is all that is needed for lightening and anything more is mot really necessary. You sound like you are fairly light already so do not need a really aggressive approach like somone who may be super dark.

So you do not recommend the hq from adc? I have not started using mine yet as I still have a few jars of nadinola left over from when I used it last. I only bought a couple of tubes but want to know what I should use instead. Beacuse I am dark I think I might need more than the amount of hq in nadinola so thought the 4% would be ideal

277Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 12 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:41 pm

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
It sounds like it works for some and maybe not so much for others. I have tried it but am constantly alternating products it would be difficult to say what works best

278Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 12 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:02 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
quiamontana wrote:
KIM wrote:Hi terracotta,

welcome to the board. I am from the Uk too !!! Is there a a reason why you do not want to try the retin a from adc? Have you tried it before? I get mine from there as well as from reliable rx which basically sends it from the same place but at a cheaper shipping rate. I have not tried retin a from anywhere else so cannot compare. I am in touch with someone on line who says that the hq from adc and reliable is not as effective as the type you would get form a dermatolgist but again I have not tried that to compare. Some seem to have success with it and I read that some do not seem to see much of a diiference but have better results with something like nadinola which is only 3%. I am cuurrently just starting obagi which did cost me a fair bit but I am sure there has been some lightening already. I guess you get what you pay for.

I must stress the importance of sunblock and sun avoidance in order to keep up your results. hq ad ra and SUN do not agree and = darkening. Also I understand that it is generally advised that 4% is all that is needed for lightening and anything more is mot really necessary. You sound like you are fairly light already so do not need a really aggressive approach like somone who may be super dark.

So you do not recommend the hq from adc? I have not started using mine yet as I still have a few jars of nadinola left over from when I used it last. I only bought a couple of tubes but want to know what I should use instead. Beacuse I am dark I think I might need more than the amount of hq in nadinola so thought the 4% would be ideal

I cannot say that I would not recommend it as I have not tried it out myself. It is just that someone told me that she saw nothing when she tried the adc hq and then when her derm prescribed 4% hq she saw a dramatic change and is over the moon. However there do seem to be people who are happy with it, so now you have it already you may as well see how it works. Unfortunately the non generic versions are not cheap and are hard to get for me in the UK. I was actually surprised I was able to get obagi without having to see a dermatologist.

279Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 12 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:50 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
suppose you are right and I should try it anyway. It does not make sense to waste it. I am glad I did not buy too much now

280Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 12 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:19 am

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
NO harm in trying. If you can find a cheaper alternative source that works for you then that's great. This is why so many opted for places like allday chemist and reliable rx because the other options were very expensive. Some have also chosen to compound it themseves but I would say this should only be attempted once you know exacty what you are doing

281Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 12 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:12 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
quiamontana wrote:suppose you are right and I should try it anyway. It does not make sense to waste it. I am glad I did not buy too much now

It is good you are still going to try it. You may be one of the lucky ones for whom it works. Like you said you didn't buy a lot so you can move on if it is not as effective as you want.

282Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 12 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:16 am

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
GOTHQUEEN wrote:NO harm in trgainst it in case I blew up my kitchen or somethig LOLying. If you can find a cheaper alternative source that works for you then that's great. This is why so many opted for places like allday chemist and reliable rx because the other options were very expensive. Some have also chosen to compound it themseves but I would say this should only be attempted once you know exacty what you are doing

You have just reminded me when I was considering making my own hq a while back and thought against it in case I blew up the kitchen or something LOL

283Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 12 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:17 pm

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Well I am glad that you decided not to go ahead with the experiment !!! We actually like having you here LOL

284Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 12 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:23 pm

Desiree

Visitor
Visitor
Hello beautiful people Desiree here! I am on a quest for self improvement and am hoping to learn on how i can look my best as well as make like minded pals. Hoping i could bond with y'all :-D

285Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 12 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:57 pm

Catgaladriel

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
Hi~
I found this website because i am looking for the Enzyme Gel that goes hand in hand with "the oxygen peel" which i bought separately on Ebay. Unfortunately i found out after i received the product that there is another step in the process. Good thing i read the instructions...
so my question is this: is the Enzyme Gel sold separately?

286Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 12 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:20 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Desiree wrote:Hello beautiful people Desiree here! I am on a quest for self improvement and am hoping to learn on how i can look my best as well as make like minded pals. Hoping i could bond with y'all :-D

Hello Desiree, welcome to TSP !!!

287Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 12 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:30 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Catgaladriel wrote:Hi~
I found this website because i am looking for the Enzyme Gel that goes hand in hand with "the oxygen peel" which i bought separately on Ebay. Unfortunately i found out after i received the product that there is another step in the process. Good thing i read the instructions...
so my question is this: is the Enzyme Gel sold separately?

Welcome to the board. I am not sure what product you are talking about. What is it for?

288Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 12 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:30 am

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Nice to meet you Desiree and catgaladriel Very Happy

289Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 12 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:25 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Welcome.NOt so much of a newbie myself any more

290Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 12 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:36 am

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Hi to all the newbies and to the not so new newbies !!! LOL

291Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 12 Empty New here Wed May 11, 2011 10:21 pm

Lilikoi

Accepted
Accepted
Hi all,

I'm Lilikoi (sorry no avatar, haven't figured that part out yet)
I originally began my journey to erase my severe dark circle but slowly got addicted to the lightening process and am still in the beginning stages.

My original color was that of Ananda Lewis and is now like like Toni Braxton. My dark circles were the color of Whoopi GOldberg's overall complexion and after some facial lightening (via pills) lips were still dark like President Obama's. Now they're a little darker than Tyra Banks's lips.

I've been doing this for 7 wks now with success:

1.)500 mg pills glutathione 3x's daily - Now w/ milk thistle & alpha lipoic
2.)Sublingual glutathione spray gel 5x's daily - Whitelight (from Phillipines)
3.)Vitamin C 100mg 3x's daily
4.)Papaya soap - Likas
5.)Se Quiiso cream (dark circle and glasses marks on side of nose)- Fair and Flawless

Face looks good, no more raccoon eyes and no need for concealer anymore. Happy so far and just started 40% Lactic peel for body. Legs got lighter a bit but I did have many years of permatan due to trying to even out the rest of my body to match the dark circles.Now on to phase 2,hoping to learn new ways to get my body much lighter safely like an Aliica Keys color if possible.

Grateful for sites like this and all your contributions.Any advice would be appreciated I love you

292Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 12 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Fri May 13, 2011 1:53 pm

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Welcome to the board Lilikoi. It looks like you have worked out a regime that is working for you. There have been many people who say supplements have really helped them with their regime though sometimes it can be difficult to attribute the lightening to the pills when they are also applying a lightening agent so it is good that you have proved that it has not been necessary for you. please let us know how you progress. I have just seen a pic of Ananda Lewis and I see that you have made some great progress.

293Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 12 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Fri May 13, 2011 4:18 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Big welcome Lilikoi and ALL members!!
I'm glad that you are finding success with your regimen and do keep us updated. May I ask which sunblock and spf do you use?

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

294Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 12 Empty Thank you and hello Fri May 13, 2011 7:27 pm

Lilikoi

Accepted
Accepted
I use 100 spf by Banana Boat from Walgreens $12.99 I think.
Wasn't usng sunscreen until last week, just reclocated from NYC to Florida where its hot as blazes. I look strange walking the dog w/ grandma looking sun visors and sun hats with long sleeve shirts and shoes (no flipflops) but I literally saw a difference the minute I decided to save the tank tops for after sunset Laughing

Thanks everyone for sharing with me, together we'll get there Like a Star @ heaven

295Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 12 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Sat May 14, 2011 5:32 am

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Don't worry about feeling a lil out of place by covering up. The smart people will have the last laugh when their skin is looking great in the years ahead. Sun damage is not a pretty look

296Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 12 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Sat May 14, 2011 3:10 pm

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
welcome to the board Lilikoi Very Happy

297Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 12 Empty Howdy all! Sat May 14, 2011 9:22 pm

j30303

j30303
Quiet Type
Quiet Type
I'm a new member from the UK. The site looks great and you guys are very informative so I'm really excited to be here!Smile

My personal goals are skin lightening about a shade or two on various parts of my body to even out my skin tone. My body looks like the United Colors of Benetton lately...my feet, forearms, stomach and thighs are a completely differ colour to each other and the rest of me (I love the beach way too much).
I must admit that I'm a little nervous about bleaching my skin as I'm a total newbie at it and I've also heard some serious horror stories about what can happen if you do it wrong. So, with that in mind, I am totally open to be advised and guided about how to begin my journey. Thanks so much for having me!
j30303:Dxx

298Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 12 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Mon May 16, 2011 9:17 am

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Hi j30303, great to have you on board !! Great avatar BTW. I am sure you will find some useful info on here. My best advice to start anything would be to make sure you have a good sunblock. Once you start lightening your skin will defo need some. What have you tried so far or are you completely new to this. So long as you do not overdo anything & avoid products containing steroids & mercury etc you should be good to Go. Best of luck Smile

299Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 12 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Mon May 16, 2011 12:50 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Hi j30303 welcome on board. I know people say that in the uK the sun is not really an issue but I myself know that sun protection is a must, else you will incur sun damage just like you are seeing. In all honesty unless you are willing to commit yourself to avoiding the sun you may have real problems. Even if you avoid some of the more serious lighteners, most products contain AHA or retinoids for example and this can leave your skin even more sensitive to the sun and then you end up with even more problems than you had in the first place. rainbow is right that a good zinc oxide sunblock is a must, though this cannot be entirely relied upon and some covering up will be required. That said, wishing you all the best in your venture !!!

300Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 12 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Thu May 19, 2011 11:18 am

j30303

j30303
Quiet Type
Quiet Type
Thank you for the warm welcome and KIM & Rainbow!
@KIM & @Rainbow -I have taken your advice and purchased a bottle of Ambre Solaire SPF50 spray. I live in the south of England and it's been very sunny and hot here everyday since the beginning of March so I def know I need it.

@Rainbow -I haven't tried anything. I am a total skin lightning newbie. I am caramel light brown(Halle Berry's colour in some places and Beyonce in the others lol) which I love being but now my skin has become very uneven everywhere due to being out in the sun so much (I just love the beach) But it's really distressing to me that no parts of my body are matching now-I look like a bloody quilt naked...I feel so ugly right now. Sad

Anyways, I have been researching a bit and have decided to try SCT's Ondine skin lightning method because it seems to work well for most people who were using it. So, I am going to start with .1% RA on my face, neck and chest and Carotein cream on the rest of my body to exfoliate off the sun damage. This will be in combination with weekly 40% lactic acid peels on the darker areas of my face and body. I am also committed to wear my sunblock every single time I leave the house.
How does this beginners regimen sound to you guys?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com