The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
so... how many shades? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
so... how many shades? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
so... how many shades? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
so... how many shades? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
so... how many shades? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
so... how many shades? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
so... how many shades? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
so... how many shades? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
so... how many shades? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
so... how many shades? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

1so... how many shades? - Page 6 Empty so... how many shades? Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:15 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
First topic message reminder :

so...how many shades have you lightened and how many do you have to go

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

126so... how many shades? - Page 6 Empty Re: so... how many shades? Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:05 am

Dominicana

Dominicana
Accepted
Accepted
Oh really? See I have the gel one. Is that the one for oily skin? I hope so.

I don't want to go through any ugly stage. Does everyone go through that? I don't want to; I more than likely will stop too if that happens. I don't want spots. I can deal with a few bumps, but spots, I don't think so.

127so... how many shades? - Page 6 Empty Re: so... how many shades? Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:37 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
The gel is more preferable for your skin type, so you have the best one for you. Please do not give up on the Retin A, it is truly a wonderful product. Everyone's reaction to it will be slightly different and you may have relatively no problems with it, but the main thing to remember is that you will need this for your regime, in order to help with the penetration of the HQ, as it exfoliates and drives the product deeper. The spot problem is minor, if it does happen, and the main thing is that it does pass anyway and you get all the benefits of the retin A to look forward to.

128so... how many shades? - Page 6 Empty Re: so... how many shades? Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:56 am

Dominicana

Dominicana
Accepted
Accepted
Thanks

129so... how many shades? - Page 6 Empty Re: so... how many shades? Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:19 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I guess you could say the 'ugly phase' is the price you pay when using this regimen. Lol

130so... how many shades? - Page 6 Empty Re: so... how many shades? Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:29 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
The reason as of why the skin goes through that phase because it is removing any embedded dirt, excess oil, bacteria, makeup, etc that lies deep in the pores. Not even over the counter cleansers can cleanse that deeply. Within a few weeks my skin began to really show improvement and appear more flawless. There are other forma of retinoids for the skin in case Ra is too strong for you.

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

131so... how many shades? - Page 6 Empty Re: so... how many shades? Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:32 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Isn't, now I will spell this wrong, cerotine a less harsh retinoid?

132so... how many shades? - Page 6 Empty Re: so... how many shades? Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:18 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
You mean carotein ? ........it is not a retinoid but has exfoliating properties. I found it too drying for my skin type, but others may like it.

133so... how many shades? - Page 6 Empty Re: so... how many shades? Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:20 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
I think GG was referring to adapalene/differin which is a gentler form of retinoid. Have tried it and found that I did not experience as much skin peeling and breakouts as I did with the Retin A.

134so... how many shades? - Page 6 Empty Re: so... how many shades? Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:32 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Ok yes I meant adapelene but wrote the wrong one, I can't keep them all straight

135so... how many shades? - Page 6 Empty Re: so... how many shades? Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:10 am

Dominicana

Dominicana
Accepted
Accepted
I used Carotein prior to this and I thought it was working well. My skin wasn't exactly lightening, but just brightening, and I didn't have reakouts from it. I was thinking of going back to that after awhile and just use the retin a for the problem areas on my body.

My skin is broken out now. I have more bumps, I'm trying to let it ride out, but I wonder how long this will take to go away. I have not noticed any lightening anywhere, but for some reason I keep skipping days.

It seems I was more consistent with the crap that didn't work than I am with this regimen, in which I couldn't wait to get.

136so... how many shades? - Page 6 Empty Re: so... how many shades? Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:09 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Sounds your just getting discouraged because of the bumps and such. I would say give it another few weeks and if you're still unhappy with how its working, get rid of it.

137so... how many shades? - Page 6 Empty Re: so... how many shades? Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:26 pm

Dominicana

Dominicana
Accepted
Accepted
Thanks a lot, Alizee. I just heard so many goo things about this combination, I can't understand why it wouldn't work for me nless it's not meant to be, but I'll see.

138so... how many shades? - Page 6 Empty Re: so... how many shades? Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:37 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I know it can be frustrating and even worse there really are no places for us to go to to seek advie without being called names or given looks. It can be frustrating when you try numerous things and nothing works and the stuff that may is really expensive

139so... how many shades? - Page 6 Empty Re: so... how many shades? Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:22 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Hopefully this breaking out phase will be over soon. Have you experienced any peeling ?

140so... how many shades? - Page 6 Empty Re: so... how many shades? Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:37 am

Dominicana

Dominicana
Accepted
Accepted
Nope. No Peeling at all. Just the breakout. I'll see by if next Friday it clears up. It's just the places I really want the lightening doesn't seem to be lightening. But then again, it hasn't been long at all. By the end of this month, I know I better see something, though.

From today, that is exactly, 18 more days, a little over two more weeks, and that will make at least 3wks or better that I have been using this regimen.

141so... how many shades? - Page 6 Empty Re: so... how many shades? Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:32 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Remind me again, your using ret a along with hq or mq or neither?

Well if you are using either of those, it can take two months to really see a difference in your skin. I will say with fair and white I saw really quick lig htening but it went away just as quickly when I nolonger used it and there was a study which showed it had 8% hydroquinone, I'm not sure if it still does, but if so that would cause the fas lightening.

142so... how many shades? - Page 6 Empty Re: so... how many shades? Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:33 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Dominicana,

Who is that in your avatar?

skin renews itself approximately every 28 days so this is when you might start seeing some changes, but the thing is everyone is different and it is difficult to predict when a real improvement will come about. I would continue as you plan and give yourself some more time before deciding this is not for you.

143so... how many shades? - Page 6 Empty Re: so... how many shades? Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:38 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
ahh, i'm wondering the same thing

144so... how many shades? - Page 6 Empty Re: so... how many shades? Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:43 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Trust you to notice !!!

145so... how many shades? - Page 6 Empty Re: so... how many shades? Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:43 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Oh where are my manners, its me lol!

146so... how many shades? - Page 6 Empty Re: so... how many shades? Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:55 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
well, you did notice it first

and if that is alizee, everyone should start doing pilates. NOW

147so... how many shades? - Page 6 Empty Re: so... how many shades? Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:58 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Of course she noticed it first and I must say green is not a good color on you maharani daer. Lol jk

148so... how many shades? - Page 6 Empty Re: so... how many shades? Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:14 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Well I only noticed because I was wondering whether I could ask her where I could get a set of drawers like the one she is sitting on, from !!! And that's all.........Can't a girl admire a bit of furniture !!! LOL

149so... how many shades? - Page 6 Empty Re: so... how many shades? Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:16 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
i must agree those are very nice drawers

150so... how many shades? - Page 6 Empty Re: so... how many shades? Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:07 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
A very nice set, good and firm Smile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com