The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Obagi clear - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Obagi clear - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Obagi clear - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Obagi clear - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Obagi clear - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Obagi clear - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Obagi clear - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Obagi clear - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Obagi clear - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Obagi clear - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

1Obagi clear - Page 2 Empty Obagi clear Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:39 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
First topic message reminder :

Some of you may know that I am currently using ambi(hq2%) daily, with retin A maybe once or twice a week and azelaic acid daily. I am really ahppy with how my dark marks have faded and I would say that I have lightened a bit as well. Please don't ask me how much as I have no idea.

I have decided I want to up the routine a bit and have been researching obagi and have decided to purchase some to try out. Hopefully it should be with me next week!!!! Now because I am in the UK I had to have an online consultation followed by a phone call by one of the Obagi reprsentatives. I told her that I wanted to try the Clear (4% hq)one as opposed to the Blender because I really find retin A to be a bit of a pain when it comes to the peeling. Maybe when I have lightened a bit more I will be able to go make up free and can happily use retin a nightly!!! Anyway I asked her how long products like this with hq should be used and she siad she has been using her's for 4 and 1/2 years but is now on a maintenance programme where she only uses it 3 times a week. Now it is good for me to hear that they see no reason why hq cannot be used long term especially with so much conflicting info on the net.

She said the results are not instant but many clients get really great results using it but if there is not much change that I could try out the blender later on.I am really excited and hope to see how it works out. I know members like Enticing have seen great results with plain old ADC HQ 4% and retin a but I do believe that this is because he has been really consistent with the retin A

BTW if you do not know already this stuff does not come cheap so I am hoping it does work well for me

26Obagi clear - Page 2 Empty Re: Obagi clear Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:53 am

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
KIM wrote:Not quite to the month but I have had to resort to cutting the very hard tube open to get the last of the Obagi out. Nothing would come out whilst squeezing the tube and I know from other similar type conatiners that there had to be some left. I have put the cut container inside a plastic bag and then placed it in a dark drawer to prevent oxidisation.Not sure about how much is left as I did not completely cut it open in order to protect the contents. They really need to rethink their packaging beacuse otherwise it becoames a waste of the contents if you don't do what I did and that is a hella of a lot of money being thrown away

They probably do that on purpose so that some people end up buying more products before they really need to. However I have had a few tubes that split on me and the contents started spilling out so had to tape it up to save it so maybe that is it as well

27Obagi clear - Page 2 Empty Re: Obagi clear Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:28 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Well my ambi split very easily before I had finished using it so I understand Obagi trying to protect the cream but their tube is on a totally different level and could not be physically squeezed in order to get to the contents, well at least I could not!! It has been at least 6 days since I opened the tube and I still have some cream left which means that at least a weeks worth of cream would have been lost if I had not done what I did. It also shows that just using it ONLY on the face means it should last you more than a month. I will let you know when it does finish.

On another note I think I am definitely seeing lightening. I have a friend who is lighter than me and I noticed that I am not so much darker than her as I usually am. So Yay for Obagi!!!!!!! However sometimes it does feel a bit up and down when I feel darker again. I am not sure if this is just part of the exfoliation process as the skin begins to shed. Will keep the updates coming

28Obagi clear - Page 2 Empty Re: Obagi clear Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:39 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
quiamontana wrote:Kim so do you still have any left? I am also trying to see how long this product would last. I really want to see if it would give me any lightening

As per my post above I do still have some left and I think I am yielding results.

29Obagi clear - Page 2 Empty Re: Obagi clear Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:19 am

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
KIM wrote:Well my ambi split very easily before I had finished using it so I understand Obagi trying to protect the cream but their tube is on a totally different level and could not be physically squeezed in order to get to the contents, well at least I could not!! It has been at least 6 days since I opened the tube and I still have some cream left which means that at least a weeks worth of cream would have been lost if I had not done what I did. It also shows that just using it ONLY on the face means it should last you more than a month. I will let you know when it does finish.

On another note I think I am definitely seeing lightening. I have a friend who is lighter than me and I noticed that I am not so much darker than her as I usually am. So Yay for Obagi!!!!!!! However sometimes it does feel a bit up and down when I feel darker again. I am not sure if this is just part of the exfoliation process as the skin begins to shed. Will keep the updates coming

Great news !!! You are getting me tempted to add this to my never ending collection of creams, serums and lotions. I have exactly the same thing where there are days when I am sure I look darker and then lighter. Sometimes it can be because I am hot or when like you say I am about to go through the whole exfoliation process

30Obagi clear - Page 2 Empty Re: Obagi clear Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:56 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
ok then at least it lasts longer than a month. I found this seller who has really cheap prices on Obagi poducts. I hope she is legit because it seems too good to be true. She also ships worldwide

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

31Obagi clear - Page 2 Empty Re: Obagi clear Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:23 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Wow great find quiamontana. I may try them when my next one runs out. Hopefully they will still have that great price. Just another update. I still have product left. I can't believe how much was stuck in the tube. More importantly I think I am definitely seeing more lightening. My skin is looking so good. I understand why people rave about it now.

32Obagi clear - Page 2 Empty Re: Obagi clear Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:27 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Not sure if it was the sun that got to me but I ended up buying from that link you gave quiamontana. Thank you so much again. I have checked with my card issuer and I have only been charged £45 including shipping Shocked I just hope this seller is legit but that price is fantastic considering I got my last 2 for £75 each in the UK. That is nearly twice as much. So BIG BIG thanks !!!!!!!!!!

33Obagi clear - Page 2 Empty Re: Obagi clear Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:24 am

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
lol must be good if you are stocking up

34Obagi clear - Page 2 Empty Re: Obagi clear Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:51 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
KIM wrote:Not sure if it was the sun that got to me but I ended up buying from that link you gave quiamontana. Thank you so much again. I have checked with my card issuer and I have only been charged £45 including shipping Shocked I just hope this seller is legit but that price is fantastic considering I got my last 2 for £75 each in the UK. That is nearly twice as much. So BIG BIG thanks !!!!!!!!!!

Your very welcome. As you mentioned that it seemed to be working for you I decided to research where to buy. I hope it is ok. Make sure you let me know. When I am done with my supply of hydroquinine this is my next try if the other bits do not work

35Obagi clear - Page 2 Empty Re: Obagi clear Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:58 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
yogi wrote:lol must be good if you are stocking up

I am happy so far, especially as it has lasted more than a month now and I do see a difference in my skin tone.

36Obagi clear - Page 2 Empty Re: Obagi clear Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:07 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
quiamontana wrote:
KIM wrote:Not sure if it was the sun that got to me but I ended up buying from that link you gave quiamontana. Thank you so much again. I have checked with my card issuer and I have only been charged £45 including shipping Shocked I just hope this seller is legit but that price is fantastic considering I got my last 2 for £75 each in the UK. That is nearly twice as much. So BIG BIG thanks !!!!!!!!!!

Your very welcome. As you mentioned that it seemed to be working for you I decided to research where to buy. I hope it is ok. Make sure you let me know. When I am done with my supply of hydroquinine this is my next try if the other bits do not work

Well I have not received it yet but I did only just ordered it and it has to be shipped to me from the US. It would be an even better deal for those in the US as they would avoid the shipping pice I had to pay. I will let you know when it arrives. My postman is gonna be a busy fella !!!!!

37Obagi clear - Page 2 Empty Re: Obagi clear Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:48 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
I had to check my diary so I could be more precise in my calculations and I can confirm that the Obagi lasted me 5 weeks and 3 days using it just on my face. This is for anyone who wants to know if this is a product worth trying in view of the price and the quantity you get. I must say I am still pleased with what I am seeing so far and I am looking forward to receiving from my new supplier which should make it more affordable.

38Obagi clear - Page 2 Empty Re: Obagi clear Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:15 pm

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Well £45 is much better than £75 for just over a months supply so may be more worth a try. Tell me how long it takes to arrive in the UK and whether it is the same as what you got over here. I am considering my next options as to what I use next

39Obagi clear - Page 2 Empty Re: Obagi clear Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:53 am

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
KIM wrote:I had to check my diary so I could be more precise in my calculations and I can confirm that the Obagi lasted me 5 weeks and 3 days using it just on my face. This is for anyone who wants to know if this is a product worth trying in view of the price and the quantity you get. I must say I am still pleased with what I am seeing so far and I am looking forward to receiving from my new supplier which should make it more affordable.

5 weeks does not seem that long & you are not even using it on the neck. Man these places just love ripping peeps off!!! So maybe it would be less than a month if you did the neck as well. What are you using on your neck? you don't want any tell tale darker shade

40Obagi clear - Page 2 Empty Re: Obagi clear Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:43 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Yeah I was thinking it would be about a month if I used it on my neck as well. As soon as I saw how small the tube was I thought just go easy and use it sparingly. I have been using neostrata 2% gel on my neck. It looks like it has kinda kept up with the Obagi though I can see a slight differnce but I can live with that for now

41Obagi clear - Page 2 Empty Re: Obagi clear Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:24 am

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
Gosh I agree not long at all. Good job it looks like it is working for you.

42Obagi clear - Page 2 Empty Re: Obagi clear Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:40 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Well so far so good. I just wanted to mention that the obagi that I ordered from the link quiamontana supplied arrived today. It is exactly the same as what I have already and expires 2014, so no old stock. It took about a week and half to get to me and that was even with the 3 bank holidays we have had. So I am ecstatic that I have a much cheaper alternative source. cheers

43Obagi clear - Page 2 Empty Re: Obagi clear Mon May 02, 2011 7:59 am

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Great review KIM. Pleased to see you are responding well to it

44Obagi clear - Page 2 Empty Re: Obagi clear Tue May 03, 2011 10:01 am

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I have been speaking to someone who says they have tried several versions of hq and think that obagi is one of the best they have tried, though like you, are not in love with the price

45Obagi clear - Page 2 Empty Re: Obagi clear Wed May 04, 2011 1:43 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Thanks for that guys. I am feeling really confident with this product and it is always great too hear that others agree

46Obagi clear - Page 2 Empty Re: Obagi clear Thu May 05, 2011 10:23 am

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I keep thinking that maybe the hq from ADC is not really 4%. I still don't think that I have achieved much and I have been consistent with my routine. I have quite a few tubes left so don't want to just throw them away but I may just switch to something else like the obagi or even nadinola. The only thing that makes me think that I should continue a while longer is Enticing's results with it. He lightened significantly. I know he did use other things in between but at least the hq lightened and maintained his results for him. not sure what to do Question

47Obagi clear - Page 2 Empty Re: Obagi clear Thu May 05, 2011 11:16 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I hope you are wrong because I have some tubes myself. I have not started using them yet because I had some nadinola left to still use. I don't know if I am seeing any lightening but for some reason I feel like I am getting more attention. Could be my imagination but I know that others have said that they felt that lightening from a darker complexion allowed for the features to be more obvious. I hope that this is what I am experiencing. I can't say that I can see it myself

48Obagi clear - Page 2 Empty Re: Obagi clear Fri May 06, 2011 8:56 am

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
Often we are the last to realise and sometimes we suddenly hear someone say that you look different. It has happened to me and I thought I looked exactly the same.

49Obagi clear - Page 2 Empty Re: Obagi clear Sat May 07, 2011 10:00 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
I have not tried nadinola or all day chemist hq so cannot compare the results but I am hoping that the price means that it should work well in general. I know that this is not always the case but I can only hope

50Obagi clear - Page 2 Empty Re: Obagi clear Sat May 07, 2011 10:03 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
What I meant to say was that because Obagi is priced so highly that maybe the results should be better than some other similar products which are much cheaper like adc

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com