The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Claro light nightmare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Claro light nightmare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Claro light nightmare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Claro light nightmare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Claro light nightmare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Claro light nightmare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Claro light nightmare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Claro light nightmare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Claro light nightmare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Claro light nightmare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

1Claro light nightmare - Page 2 Empty Claro light nightmare Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:25 am

Lilikoi

Accepted
Accepted
First topic message reminder :

I broke down and decided to get Caro light before I deciding to try other methods.When I received the products (5 in all) one tube was oxidized, and another tube was missing some cream though it didn't seem like it had been used. In spite of the dodgy packaging I thought I'll give it a shot and see what happens...wrong move.

I mixed the cream, lotion and tube of intensive oil cream together into a separate container like the other gals. And why not? I hadn't used anything on my body other than a 40% peel in over 2 weeks, or even scrubbing.

After my 3rd day of 2x's a day applications (body only, never on the face)my legs felt like I had goose bumps...that soon elevated to full on hives all over my body, but worst on my legs.Ironically I have seen some decent lightening upon discovering the hives.I also got a cold sore-which I've gotten all my life but- but the timing was impeccable. My skin is certainly not sensitive.Steroids cause inflammation AND suppress the immune system which is what I think is the case here. I'm no chemist but...

I'm somewhat paranoid due to my profession but am aware of risks, so always watch for early signs and symptoms. I have treated patients on dialysis and that's no picnic.
For those of you successfully lightening using Caro light, I would watch for these side effects for they are a big warning sign.

26Claro light nightmare - Page 2 Empty Re: Claro light nightmare Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:35 pm

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Lilikoi did you throw away the clairolight then?

27Claro light nightmare - Page 2 Empty Re: Claro light nightmare Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:31 pm

blackgirl

Visitor
Visitor
@ Lilikoi....Yes, ive been using the retin-a 0.5, this time around i ordered the 1%...But i know its a slow process, i just got so excited over the results that i have seen on my face, neck, stomach, and chest area. But from my understanding, those are the easier areas to lighten....i think.

28Claro light nightmare - Page 2 Empty Re: Claro light nightmare Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:34 pm

blackgirl

Visitor
Visitor
@ Lilikoi...Dont stress boards, you will get it! just dont over think the questions. If its a question on a subject that you have no idea about, use you nursing process!! It never fails! Smile

29Claro light nightmare - Page 2 Empty Re: Claro light nightmare Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:40 pm

blackgirl

Visitor
Visitor
@Gothqueen....I have heard good things about the glytone lotion, they say it leaves your skin looking and feeling wonderful, i hope so becuz it 27$ a bottle. I just got mine in yesterday, i wont start using it until monday...cuz i also got my glycolic acid peel 35% in the mail as well. So i did not use retin last night, im gonna hold off, then do my peel on sunday....

30Claro light nightmare - Page 2 Empty Re: Claro light nightmare Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:39 pm

Lilikoi

Accepted
Accepted
thanks blackgirl, I'll try!

@ Gothqueen
And in regards to the Glytone, does it lighten or nicely exfoliates?

31Claro light nightmare - Page 2 Empty Re: Claro light nightmare Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:18 am

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Not Gothqueen but I understand that glytone exfoliates. Maybe if you have a permatan then it will help to remove it & therefore you will see lightening but I think the idea is that you use it with your lightener to get the best effect.

@blackgirl I think you may need to wait at least 24 hours after your peel before using anything acidic on your skin so just go careful. Some even have to wait at least a couple of days. See how your skin feels after the peel.

@ Lilikoi I will look forward to reading your review on the MQ when you reach your maintenance period. BTW I hear that a lot of people are having the same bad experience with the clairo light so you are not alone. Still wondering what it is that is causing it. Maybe you were right that it could be steroids. Some skin can be irritated by higher percetages of hq so could be that too. Wish there was some sort of way of getting it tested properly. How goes it with the Isis?

32Claro light nightmare - Page 2 Empty Re: Claro light nightmare Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:36 pm

Lilikoi

Accepted
Accepted
@ Rainbow

Th 10% HQ from Isis is going well, I'm definitely lighter and I haven't started the using full strength yet. No itchiness or irritation. Just pacing myself with the RA on face, if skin is still peeling I skip the RA, then HQ still seems to absorb well. And this HQ is supposed to be much higher strength than Carolight but like you said it's too bad there's no way for my to test and find out what exactly is the irritant.I'm going to start using the RA on the body more often, so that my body stays lightening at the same pace as my face if that could ever be possible. Wednesday will be my report for week 3. Like a Star @ heaven

33Claro light nightmare - Page 2 Empty Re: Claro light nightmare Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:53 pm

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
That sounds good. I was reading that they say that you should not use it at full strength because it could make you darker which did not make sense to me but I suppose it is best to use it the way they tell you. I want to try this on my body once I have my face looking the way I want it to. At the moment my face is darker than my body so it will not look bad that I am concentrating on my face for now. I was thinking that retin a on the body will not last long

34Claro light nightmare - Page 2 Empty Re: Claro light nightmare Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:19 pm

Lilikoi

Accepted
Accepted
Retin A does come in small tubes, but buying bulk is the way to go. I alternate the LA peels w/ the retin A and save money that way. I would recommend getting it.Keep focusing on your face, skin is usually easier to lighten than the rest of the body

35Claro light nightmare - Page 2 Empty Re: Claro light nightmare Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:05 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Thanks for the suggestions Very Happy

36Claro light nightmare - Page 2 Empty Re: Claro light nightmare Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:06 pm

Lilikoi

Accepted
Accepted
all day chemist for the retina in case you didn't know Like a Star @ heaven

37Claro light nightmare - Page 2 Empty Re: Claro light nightmare Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:00 pm

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Oh yes that is where I got it from before. The shipping was ridiculous but still worked out cheaper than most places on line. What I would like to concentrate on is maybe some peels. I have seen so many

38Claro light nightmare - Page 2 Empty Re: Claro light nightmare Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:07 pm

Lilikoi

Accepted
Accepted
Ebay has skin solutions gel peels, around $16 a pop, & fast delivery if in the U.S.
Many swear by the salt baths also to get rid of dead skin.Peeling is the ticket yeah!!!
What's your start & goal?

39Claro light nightmare - Page 2 Empty Re: Claro light nightmare Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:15 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I will check them out. Thanks for the recommendation. I am quite dark skinned and before I just wanted to remove this ashiness that came from years of sun exposure and nothing to protect me. I am not sure how light I would like to go but I have a feeling it may change as I progress. Honestly I did not think that even my face could change but I am seeing a difference already

40Claro light nightmare - Page 2 Empty Re: Claro light nightmare Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:00 pm

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I can vouch for skin solutions. Have been a customer of theirs for a while now

41Claro light nightmare - Page 2 Empty Re: Claro light nightmare Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:45 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
Can I also recommend both the glytone and dcl which are supposed to be good exfoliators. They have both made my skin super smootha and I do not even apply them every day. The glytone haas not peeled my skin but the dcl did peel my face lightly

42Claro light nightmare - Page 2 Empty Re: Claro light nightmare Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:44 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Thank you all for your suggestion. Due to lack of funds I have decided I will be using ra for now once the 10% arrives and then see how it works. If it does not work then I will introduce the peels or the other products. I got my bill this month and could not believe how much I had spent this last month on various things

43Claro light nightmare - Page 2 Empty Re: Claro light nightmare Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:05 pm

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I would love to know why I keep reding stories that this caro light did wonders for some and then been a disaster for others

44Claro light nightmare - Page 2 Empty Re: Claro light nightmare Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:54 am

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
Me too!! Does not make sense. I understand if it does not work for some but the problems seem a bit weird

45Claro light nightmare - Page 2 Empty Re: Claro light nightmare Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:42 pm

mamadee

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
My friend has been using the cream and the oil for about 4 months now and has good results. I used it for only 4 days and broke out in bumps so I guess its an issue of skin sensitivity.

46Claro light nightmare - Page 2 Empty Re: Claro light nightmare Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:41 pm

Lilikoi

Accepted
Accepted
I'm really skeptical, why so may of the same kind of breakouts though? Any kind of bumps, liquid filled or hardened are a bad sign, it's just safer to listen to your body.It can be a never ending process to correct. I'm glad I never put that crap on my face.Another girl recently had a bad experience, not on this forum, and continued to use it in spite of the warning signs. She's crying the blues know for it damaged her skin & wasted all her past effort.
All I know is that I've seen some horrid looking complexions with faces covered in black marks from bad cheap chemicals who are-obvious bleachers. I'd rather stick needles in my eye than look as tragic as some that I've encountered. That's sooo scary.
But there are safer methods out there now. Probably patience and sticking to one method could result in less disasters.

47Claro light nightmare - Page 2 Empty Re: Claro light nightmare Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:07 am

chocolateshake

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
i'm alarmed because of your stories. i should be more careful. actually it's also one of my major concerns when trying out new products--damage. especially on my skin! anyway, i'm using Metaderm right now, the spot lightening variant. it's a good product as well as the company and the help support team. so this one's definitely not bogus.hope you get well soon and be able to find the right kind of treatment.

48Claro light nightmare - Page 2 Empty Re: Claro light nightmare Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:05 am

Lilikoi

Accepted
Accepted
@ Chocolateshake

I 've had few setbacks but nothing major so I'll be fine, this here is quite a learning experience.I've never heard of Metaderm, is that an Asian product? What 's your current complexion & your goal complexion?

49Claro light nightmare - Page 2 Empty Re: Claro light nightmare Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:57 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
@ mamadee I read that there may be something about the ingredients being changed. I do not know if this is fact but some one I know had real problems with it. I think too many people are having issues with it for people not to be taking notice and steering clear now. If it had only been a few people then you could put it dowm to sensitivity but this does not sound right.

@Lilikoi please ignore that poster they are just spamming about that product.

50Claro light nightmare - Page 2 Empty Re: Claro light nightmare Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:04 am

Lilikoi

Accepted
Accepted
hey Quiamontana,

how's it going so far?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com