The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Fair & White Exclusive Whitenizer Gel Creme Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Fair & White Exclusive Whitenizer Gel Creme Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Fair & White Exclusive Whitenizer Gel Creme Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Fair & White Exclusive Whitenizer Gel Creme Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Fair & White Exclusive Whitenizer Gel Creme Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Fair & White Exclusive Whitenizer Gel Creme Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Fair & White Exclusive Whitenizer Gel Creme Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Fair & White Exclusive Whitenizer Gel Creme Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Fair & White Exclusive Whitenizer Gel Creme Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Fair & White Exclusive Whitenizer Gel Creme Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fair & White Exclusive Whitenizer Gel Creme Review

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged

Fair & White Exclusive Whitenizer Gel Creme Review

Fair & White Exclusive Whitenizer Gel Crème for my face. I had bought it from Amazon for around $14 (I'm including the shipping & handling). The dark blue 1oz (30ml) tube and gold box packaging, I assumed would probably last maybe 3 weeks, especially since I naturally use more amount of product, but it was able to last me for 5 weeks.

On their site they state to use for 6-8 weeks to see much of a difference before giving up on it. It's texture is more like a opaque serum, rather than a crème or gel. Their active ingredient is hydroquinone, so if Hq is not your ingredient to use, this product may not be for you.... (continued)

*Update 4/21/2010: if you decide to try this gel, please keep in mind that this was recently tested to contain 8% hydroquinone. I personally prefer 3% or 4% Hq, as a lower concentration can lighten quite well when used along with a good exfoliant. I'm hoping that F&W will lower this concentration by half [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Please Log In To Read The Complete Review & Analysis:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Golden Girl on Sat May 08, 2010 12:48 am; edited 19 times in total (Reason for editing : http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/dyna/rapex/create_rapex.cfm?rx_id=106)

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net
Share this post on: reddit

Alizee love

Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:32 am by Alizee love

Well by exfoliate I do not mean harshly brushing the skin, all it does is thicken and darken it. Exfoliation helps to remove the dead skin cells on top which leave the newer skin beneath to shine through. As for the zinc, I am not a doctor and can not speak from a medical background but a derm I went didn't mention anything bad about it. I do know years ago some told people to not buy Asian sunblocks because they tend to be higher in zinc which is a phycial block and could result in Vitamin D deficiency( not getting enough sun) but I think that's been disproven.

Golds actually from what I have learnt it is the non physical blocks that you have to more worried about as they are hormone disruptors as they absorb into your skin. The very fact that the physical blocks lay on the skin makes them better. Anything that you put on your skin I suppose you have to be concerned about but that would be for anything including any general creams unless it is organic and even they can sometimes be dubious. The best sunblock I have come across that leaves no residue and is not too greasy is devita. But I think I mentioned this before that the best advice is to try and avoid the sun in the first place by covering up and wearing hats/caps. I only apply sunblock to exposed areas like face hands neck and chest and feet if wearing open sandals otherwise the rest of me is covered up. They say that the sun can still penetrate clothing but that is why I am also sensible about when I go out and keep to shady areas

Also to add that the research says that glut taken orally may not show much results and that it has to be taken intravenously otherwise it just gets destroyed in the stomach before it can take any effect. I hear more from people who just take plain old vitamin c and again even that is not going to whiten skin. If you do try out the glut caps then please let us know how it works for you.

Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:35 pm by Golds

Thanks all for responding. Regarding the ZnO sunblock I see reviews saying that it leaves a white residue on the skin and face which is all the more apparent if one is dark skinned. Also my skin is very oily and anything that is non-comedogenic makes me break out. I see that the Devita sunblock is good but has several oils in it. I am highly concerned that it will be acnegenic for me.
Once I start using the likas soap do you suggest using some serum with arbutin etc. in it or just exfoliate and use sunblock?
If I end up trying glut I will certainly let you know as to how it goes.

Alizee love

Post Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:18 am by Alizee love

I would say a vitamin C serum si it helps to give the skin a healthy glow. I wouldn't use too many exofliators at once or it can hurt your goal rather than help. I have noticed that when I first put the sunscreen on it makes me look white but does rub in and at first I looked ok but then under florescent light I looked pale lol, but it isn't a sickly pale. After awhile it really sinks in and I don't feel like I need to reapply as much as I used to with the sunblock that didn't have zinc.

Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:25 pm by mimiq069

i just bought mines yesterday....but it doesnt list kojic acid...does that means it fake?

yogi

Post Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:38 am by yogi

I read so mauch about fake products being out there especially when a product is popular so who knows. If you are able to get the details of the manufacturer you culd try contacting them to try and check you have the genuine article. I know that they have not always been forward in responding as I remember someone asking them about the quantity of hq in the crean when it was discovered there may have been as much as 8% and they did not respond. Maybe someone who is using the product could chime in and say what the ingredients list

yogi

Post Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:09 pm by yogi

mimiq069 this is the website. I can never understand why companies do not list their ingredients but you could try contacting them to confirm

Post Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:57 pm by mimiq069

yea me too, i wish i knew this before i purchased it....any ways i plan on only using it on my hands...so hopefully all goes well lol

Are you going to try contacting them to check whether they have changed their ingredients just in case you have a fake version. I remember the same sort of thing happening when I was using makari. There seemed to be so many people saying there were fake versions flooding the market. you just didn't know who to trust.

Post Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:53 pm by mimiq069

yea i emailed them about two hours ago....hopefully they reply... how was makari when you used it? my mom tried it before and it gave her white spots all over her legs

Post Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:56 pm by Golds

Thanks Alizee and everyone else again. Is there a pat. brand of Vit C serum and scrub (not very harsh like you mention) you recommend? Does use of Vit C serum make skin thinner or more susceptible to the sun like chemical peels. Will use of the serum alone without peeling help with whitening slowly and not make the skin more vulnerable to sunlight? I found a brand ( Blue Lizard) of zinc oxide sunscreen that seems to have good reviews and where they say it does not break you out. Have not yet tried it though. Devita looks good too.

mimiq069 wrote:yea i emailed them about two hours ago....hopefully they reply... how was makari when you used it? my mom tried it before and it gave her white spots all over her legs

Any resposnse yet ? Makari seriously lightened me. I was over the moon and then I had a bad breakout. It looked absolutley awful especially as the spots and the marks they left looked so much darker then my newly lightened skin. I had to use a combination of retin a and Ambi to correct them

GOTHQUEEN

Post Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:26 pm by GOTHQUEEN

Golds wrote:Thanks Alizee and everyone else again. Is there a pat. brand of Vit C serum and scrub (not very harsh like you mention) you recommend? Does use of Vit C serum make skin thinner or more susceptible to the sun like chemical peels. Will use of the serum alone without peeling help with whitening slowly and not make the skin more vulnerable to sunlight? I found a brand ( Blue Lizard) of zinc oxide sunscreen that seems to have good reviews and where they say it does not break you out. Have not yet tried it though. Devita looks good too.

I have tried a few vitamin C serums some of them actaully recommend usage in the day. One that a lot of people seem to like is one called C27. However I found it stung my skin a bit and irritated me. It is quite concentrated so may be something that the skin needs to work up to but it did seem to bring a clarity to my skin . It is not cheap, though they seem to be having a sale at the moment

This is the one I am using now which is far gentler and my skin tolerates it well.

I have used numerous others but these have been my favourites. Vitamin C serums do not thin skin and in fact should encourage collagen production. I think you should view vitamin C serums as brightners rather than whiteners but they certainly condition the skin well.

If the blue lizard is the one listed on this site then it got a good rating and is therefoore a good choice. Scroll down to check

Post Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:35 pm by mimiq069

KIM wrote: Any resposnse yet ? Makari seriously lightened me. I was over the moon and then I had a bad breakout. It looked absolutley awful especially as the spots and the marks they left looked so much darker then my newly lightened skin. I had to use a combination of retin a and Ambi to correct them

nope no response yet im still waiting Neutral

I don't understand why some companies have such bad customer services. Don't they want us to have confidence in their products? It makes me really suspicious when they fail to respond like they have something to hide. Why bother have a contact button if you are not going to answer??

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:35 am by quiamontana

KIM wrote:
mimiq069 wrote:yea i emailed them about two hours ago....hopefully they reply... how was makari when you used it? my mom tried it before and it gave her white spots all over her legs

Any resposnse yet ? Makari seriously lightened me. I was over the moon and then I had a bad breakout. It looked absolutley awful especially as the spots and the marks they left looked so much darker then my newly lightened skin. I had to use a combination of retin a and Ambi to correct them

Would you try it again? It sounds interesting. I wonder if I should try it

Don't get me wrong, if it had not broken me out I would have used this forever but the spots and dark marks it left looked horrendous. It was a very low point in my life. I seriously did not want to leave my house. The lighter skin just made everything look even worse. Then I had to deal with my skin darkening when I stoped using it so then that was a double blow. I know that you have to keep using any lightener in order to maintain but at that point I had no other options in mind. I believe that some people have suggested that using it with retin a will help prevent the breakouts but I don't think I would want to risk it. Also I hear there are lots of fake versions out there so again that puts me off

Post Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:36 am by quiamontana

Thanks for the warning. I asked becaue I came across it and wondered whether it was worth trying but no way do I want blotchy skins

I think I would only ever think about using it on my body if I decided to use it again but it really is too expensive to use it that way.

Post Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:41 am by Golds

Great Gothqueen! Thanks for the info. I am a bit scared about using anything that stings a bit on the skin ( like peels). I feel it seems to make the skin react to make it more susceptible to tanning and sunlight ( all the more so when already dark skinned people sometimes try to do this their skin seems to react very differently). So what about this Vit C serum. Also the one you have suggested....is this well tolerated by oily skin? My skin is oily and highly prone to breakouts. Also will this serum also remove acne scars, blotches, pigmentation etc. on the face. I have many brown acne scars and want to get rid of these as well in addition to lightening overall on the face. Also when you say brightening will the skin start looking lighter in shade over time?

yogi

Post Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:57 am by yogi

Gold have you ever tried retin a. Its great for fading scars. You may find that as you are acne prone that you break out a bit first but it really does help overall

GOTHQUEEN

Post Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:57 pm by GOTHQUEEN

Golds I have normal/dry skin burt have not found this product particularly greasy. In fact it sinks in very easily. It is difficult to say what will suit a particular person and sometimes you have to give something a try. Over time, it should lessen marks and if you have hyper pigmentation like sun damaged skin should show a kind of lightening effect. Don't expeect over night results but with consistent use, you should see an improvement.

Post Tue May 03, 2011 11:13 pm by Golds

I was wondering if taking VitC supplements (500mg) will help with lightening of skin and removing tan. I read somewhere else that this would be ineffective of not taken with Vit E. what is the dose of Vit E then? Also I am confused..... in some places it says that using Vit C capsules and serum helps protect skin against UV. Some other places it is suggest to avoid sun when using it. I might ultimately very reluctantly try lactic acid peel again. In the past it only made me darken more. I have more acne come up and leave brown scars and more blotches on top of what is already there. BTW I did end up buying glutathione caps to give it a try. Bought Ivory caps. Did not even try it for about a week. I started breaking out really bad. Had to take oral antibiotics and apply topical antibiotics.Bogus!! I contacted the seller since they seemed to have a good review. Just told me to continue using it hoping I will get used to it. It only made my skin worse and left behind more dark brown acne scars and blotches.

Hi Golds,

sorry to hear your experience with the glut anad appreciate you sharing. At least it gives others a warning to look out for. If you think the lactic acid is not working for you then move onto something else. There is not going to be anything that works for everyone and now you know how your skin reacts then it sounds like you have to be extra gentle with whatever you try next.

I agree that it can be a bit confusing with topical vitaminc C. I have read that some should not be used in the day as they may sensitise the skin to the sun and then read that others actually help your sun screen work more effectively. I just say I havr used vit C in the past that specifically stated to be used in the day and never had any problems with tanning. Whatever you get just follow their instructions and if you plan to use it in the day, make sure it says that it can be used in the day. Regardless of that always make sure sun screen and avoiding the sun become second nature.

I have not come across info stating that vit C should be taken with vit E. Most use it with MSM, N-acetyl cysteine and alpha lipoic acid.

personally a combination of hq and occasionally retin A has done wonders for my skin

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum hosting  | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com