The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 24]

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
First topic message reminder :

Hi guys,
Been lurking for a while and would like to share with you my mequinol experience with you, albeit its just been day! I got my MQ from Goldpharma and it arrived within 2 wks of purchase. I use RA .1% along with the entire tube of MQ mixed with 4 oz of cocoa butter (fruits of the earth one). I mixed everything in a jar making sure that it is closed tightly. Last night I applied to wet skin. My skin felt cool like for 5 minutes. I applied this all over my body. This morning I re-applied to wet skin and got the same cooling/tingling experience. I am not sure if this will work but will update in a few days.

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
If you get really desperate you can use the old oatmeal bath treatment or buy a bar of soap with oatmeal, it's primitive but worked for me when I had chicken pox

luanhair

Visitor
Visitor
Hello I'm new to this board but been lurking forever. I had a few questions I hope you all can help me with.... I ordered MQ today and I think I may have ordered the wrong one because mine cost 35.43. Novo dermoquinona 10% 20 g.Did I purchase he wrong one? Since its to late to change order, will this one be ok to use?

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
luanhair wrote:Hello I'm new to this board but been lurking forever. I had a few questions I hope you all can help me with.... I ordered MQ today and I think I may have ordered the wrong one because mine cost 35.43. Novo dermoquinona 10% 20 g.Did I purchase he wrong one? Since its to late to change order, will this one be ok to use?

Luanhair warm welcome. May I ask where did you purchase your mequinol from? The majority of us have ordered the generic mequinol Leucodinine-m from gold pharma which is 10%, which also sell Novo Dermoquinona. But if I'm correct, Novo Dermoquinona is possibly a brand of Spain? I also noticed that on the gold pharma site it's stated as an ointment and not a creme, although mine (Leucodinine-m 10% looks more of a petroleum-base instead of a creme.

Read on the box, what is the name of the manufacturing company? Different manufacturing companies also may charge different prices for a same product.

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Not an expert but if you bought a name brand and take into consideration that you bought a very potent and if misused dangerous chemical, I say that isn't terribly expensive

luanhair

Visitor
Visitor
Thank you GG for the welcome. Very glad to be apart of s this forum. You guys have already been so much help. Thank you. To answer your question, I ordered my MQ from goldpharm. I haven't recieved my order yet, but when i realized that most folks where using the one for 8 bucks, I thought id purchased the wrong one, although on the site it stated it was 10% MQ oitment. I thought that was the right one because I had been reading that it was like vasaline. I guess my question at this point is this one ok to use since its still the 10% version? I still plan on mixing with the .01 RA I purchased from AlldayChemist. And whatever lotion you guys say is the best to use. Ive heard Euercin is what seems to be the popular one. But which Euercin brand......they have orginal lotion, cremes, extra dryness,calming etc. So what do u guys like is the MQ I purchased gonna be ok to use for this round? Is anybody using the more expensive brand on here? Do u guys think that I just purhased the non- generic brand of this MQ. As u can see I'm a little lost here so any help u all can give will be great.

luanhair

Visitor
Visitor
Also I had another question has anyone tried or thought about adding Emu oil to there mix? Or would this be a no no? I ask because the say Emu helps anything topical treatment get deeper into the skin for better absorbtion and its also a really go moisturizer. So I was thinking that it might help with some of the itchy skin. I have some on hand and thought I might try to add a little. What do u guys think. Would that be too much?

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
To me, it seem to be that Novo Dermoquinona is more of a brand name version for the ointment type of mequinol and not generic, hence the price difference. I would suggest contacting Goldpharma by email and ask them directly of the differences and why the price difference between Leucodinine-M and the Novo Dermoquinona, that is the only way to be 100% for certain.

Since it's 10%, you can help dilute it down to about 2-5% strength using your Ra, well this is how I dilute mine the palm of our hands with each application. Maharani uses a recipe and mixes it in other products if I'm not mistaken. But, I have never physically seen how this brand before. As for the Eucerin, it's one that dermatologists recommend, I would suggest their original will be of best choice. Emu oil, I haven't thought of trying. When you have a chance our other members would love hearing from you, so feel free to introduce yourself in the intro thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
Luanhair, you have purchased the wrong MQ. The mq you purchased is mixed with other ingredients.

: mequinol DCI, 0.1 g; Excipients: Polyethylene,

Alcohol cetílico y Nipagin, cs Cetyl alcohol and Nipagin, cs
It could do good, but just be careful. It does contain 10% so you need to proceed with caution. I am mixing my MQ which by the way I purchased for a whopping $8. That's the one everyone is using. $40-50 is way too much. I have heard that Emu oil is great for the skin. I have used it in the past but never with other ingredients. It states that it is the closest oil to the skin natural oils and sebum. It might work, everything is great when we experiment so try a little and see. Please let us know if it works for you.
Welcome and good luck!

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
My progress so far has been slow but amazing. My skin is still shedding and I am trying to deal with the itching as best as I can. I have just started using a little of the mq mixture on my face and it is so pretty! The skin is smooth and brighter, no need for much make up and my pores seems to have shrunk! Nice touch. My overall skin is smooth (wow) and clearer. Here is a problem I had before, my skin would appear dry and like it's cracked even, not from lack of water or anything so I am guessing that it has to do with a skin condition. Welllllll...no more, the skin is evened out and looks awesome. My greatest amazement (ARE YOU GUYS READY FOR THIS???) is that after my second child, I gained a few stripes (lol) on my upper thigh. They were not so noticeable and people who have seen me in bathing suits etc couldn't even tell, not even hubby. I could though. Well they are fading. I have 2 tiny stripes on one thigh and only one remaining on the next!! HOLY CRAP...I have no other stretch marks though. One thing is that it itches like MAD and of course sometimes I give in and scratch. I am happy with this though. My shins are the same, getting a bit clearer from razor marks and the back of my legs (spots) are fading. One thing I have noticed is that I have bruise on my upper thigh, I must have hit something with it. It is almost gone now and I've had it for a few days. I HAVE TO SAY, I LOVE MY SKIN!
I went on another site lurking and someone said that he had very bad results and giving up. He only tried it for what? Less than 3 wks, applying as much as 3 times per day. I only apply at nights. He was bashing the MQ and telling others to stop. Well so far I am having great results.

Hi Allure,
Congrats. That's so cool that you are getting all this great results...

I keep wondering if the Mequinol is more effective than the Hq 4%?
I've been using the HQ/RA in my body and face for about 3 weeks already and i dont see any changes in my body but i do see that my face has become lighter, and sometimes i see is darker,(weird), my skin been peeling like an snake OMG and the itching is crazy, i wake up with scrathes in my arm from scraching while im sleeping(More marks to get rid off, GREat), but i dont see the difference, no lightning. i was trying to see if i could purchase a F&W gel and maybe mix it with my RA/HQ or maybe getting the Mequinol and mix it with it. I think i need something stronger

what do you guys Recommend?

Also i use in my face after i apply the RA/Hq i also apply this lotion that i got of ebay, a kojic acid, alpha arbutin and vit C. maybe thats what is making my face so pale. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Well he was ttoo impatient and was using dangerous amounts. People need to understand this is a harsh chemical and whenever you put something on your skin, you need to be cautious period.

Allure how do you mix your mq?

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
allure wrote:Luanhair, you have purchased the wrong MQ. The mq you purchased is mixed with other ingredients.

It could do good, but just be careful. It does contain 10% so you need to proceed with caution. I am mixing my MQ which by the way I purchased for a whopping $8. That's the one everyone is using. $40-50 is way too much. I have heard that Emu oil is great for the skin. I have used it in the past but never with other ingredients. It states that it is the closest oil to the skin natural oils and sebum. It might work, everything is great when we experiment so try a little and see. Please let us know if it works for you.
Welcome and good luck!

Thanks a bunch Allure for explaining this!

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Arebama wrote:I keep wondering if the Mequinol is more effective than the Hq 4%?
I've been using the HQ/RA in my body and face for about 3 weeks already and i dont see any changes in my body but i do see that my face has become lighter, and sometimes i see is darker,(weird), my skin been peeling like an snake OMG and the itching is crazy, i wake up with scrathes in my arm from scraching while im sleeping(More marks to get rid off, GREat), but i dont see the difference, no lightning. i was trying to see if i could purchase a F&W gel and maybe mix it with my RA/HQ or maybe getting the Mequinol and mix it with it. I think i need something stronger

what do you guys Recommend?

Also i use in my face after i apply the RA/Hq i also apply this lotion that i got of ebay, a kojic acid, alpha arbutin and vit C. maybe thats what is making my face so pale. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

To my understanding Mq 2%/ 0.01% Ra is stronger than Hq 3% with no Ra used. But, I will try to findthe percentage of Mq that is reported stronger than Hq 4%. Hq/Ra combo takes time as it isn't a swift lightener, same for mequinol is definitely not a fast lightener. But, they are consistent with lightening and each month there will be some slight changes that will begin to add up. It wasn't until my second month when my skin just on my face and neck looked more evenly lightened and not much patchiness. Hq/Ra is drying enough to the skin..especially to the face. Adding extra exfoliants like kojic acid lotion will further dry your skin and making it sensitive. Apply a moisturizing facial lotion or creme that doesn't have exfoliating ingredients, to help reduce the dryness and irritation.

It is the dead skin that is darkened and beginning to peel off due to the assistance of Ra. A microfiber cloth used once per day can help remove the flaking from the skin as well as a hot bath with natural sea salt to help further remove the deadened skin cell build up throughout the years. Be cautious not to scratch to hard as you do not want new bruises. Neoprosone gel, aloe vera gel, Eucerin lotion, and/or raw 100% shea butter helps with the itchiness that is often experienced and try to avoid skin that is too dry, best to help keep it moisturized really during this time so not to scar easily.

As Sara had mentioned on a nother thread, that the skin on the face is 30% thinner than the skin on the body, so more time is needed. Some people see faster results when doing a series of lactic acid peels for a few weeks first before applying the hq/ra. This theory had worked for my arms.

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
allure wrote:My progress so far has been slow but amazing. My skin is still shedding and I am trying to deal with the itching as best as I can. I have just started using a little of the mq mixture on my face and it is so pretty! The skin is smooth and brighter, no need for much make up and my pores seems to have shrunk! Nice touch. My overall skin is smooth (wow) and clearer. Here is a problem I had before, my skin would appear dry and like it's cracked even, not from lack of water or anything so I am guessing that it has to do with a skin condition. Welllllll...no more, the skin is evened out and looks awesome. My greatest amazement (ARE YOU GUYS READY FOR THIS???) is that after my second child, I gained a few stripes (lol) on my upper thigh. They were not so noticeable and people who have seen me in bathing suits etc couldn't even tell, not even hubby. I could though. Well they are fading. I have 2 tiny stripes on one thigh and only one remaining on the next!! HOLY CRAP...I have no other stretch marks though. One thing is that it itches like MAD and of course sometimes I give in and scratch. I am happy with this though. My shins are the same, getting a bit clearer from razor marks and the back of my legs (spots) are fading. One thing I have noticed is that I have bruise on my upper thigh, I must have hit something with it. It is almost gone now and I've had it for a few days. I HAVE TO SAY, I LOVE MY SKIN!
I went on another site lurking and someone said that he had very bad results and giving up. He only tried it for what? Less than 3 wks, applying as much as 3 times per day. I only apply at nights. He was bashing the MQ and telling others to stop. Well so far I am having great results.

Congrats to you Allure!! So the mequinol/Ra is also fading stretch marks as well? Very nice. Do continue to keep us updated with your progress.

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I forgot to post this earlier but: congrats allure *tips glass of wine*.

Do keep us posted on your progress.

Quick question to anyone that can answer. When using the kojic or whichever exfoliating soap, what type of wash cloth should be used? I had been using a loofa sponge but am now using, I forget what its called, this sponge that is grown in asia; it looks brown and is hard when dry.

Thanks GG for your answer...

I was planing to order the mequinol from glodpharma and give it a try and mix it with the RA as i hear a lot of claim from other blogs saying that it works better than HQ, well i wanna try it for my body not for my face, and maybe later on i would try it on my face.

Quick question, do you guys happen to know for how long does mequinol has to be used and if is until i get the results i want and can i maintain the results with Hq/Ra?

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Well from my understanding, mq works very slowly but affectively. It is a slow gradual progress but lasts awhile. Once you have achieved the desired shade,you do need tomaintane it but since mq works by seeping into the blood system if you permanently stop you may return to a darker shade but one lighter then when you first started if you used mq long enough.

As for using hq well I am not very sure. Most doctors do not recomend using ot longer then six months but there have been reports of people using it for years with no problem.

If I got anything wrong one of the more senior members can correct me Very Happy

Thanks. all this is so complicated...

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
It can be yeah. But you just have to find what works for you and do maintenance I think. The really hard part is you can't completly trust the websites of the products thenselves because you never know who is on the other side

LiteNYellow

LiteNYellow
Accepted
Accepted
Many websites write fake testimonials. If they claim that their product works great for everyone then they are lyingso your right, some things work better or less on others. You'll just have to give it time, derms usually say it's best to give a product like 2 months to see any change.

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Well, it depends on the percentage of mq that is used. The study I recently posted states that mq 2%/ ra 0.01% produced better skin lightening effects than just using the hq 3%. As for hq, I agree 6 months is more recommended. I read a study that had tested people using hq 4% for 12 months and was considered as safe, but this all of these studies I'm referring to were used for scars, age spots, and the like.

Hq 4%/Ra 0.05% is also recommended if you'll be using it for long periods of time to be used in 4 month cycles. Such as 4 months on and 4 months off substituting it with another lightener.

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Thanks gg I knew you would come in with the knowledge lol.

Yes I agree with liteNyellow. You really can't trust testimonials. If they say instant results, best ever, faux "clinical" and/or doctor tests, or if they use words like miracle, like magic or any of the like; those are probably fake

luanhair

Visitor
Visitor
allure wrote:Luanhair, you have purchased the wrong MQ. The mq you purchased is mixed with other ingredients.

Welcome and good luck!
So Allure do you have any suggestions on whether or not i should use this. Can i dulite it down enough to make it safe. i plan on using the ra of course. i will for sure get the 8 dollar one the next round. i just dont want to waste my money on this one. but im afraid of white spots. help please

I just ordered the mequinol from gold pharma, i hope it get here soon so i can give my take on it, im still using the HQ/RA, my face is lighter, the pimple marks that im tryiong to get rid or are still there, hoping they fade away, im applying some F&w gel that i had siting in my room to gel the fading of the acne scars.

So if i mix the mequinol with RA, that is also diluting it? right? or i have to add some other lotion to it?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com