The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
lightening progress - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
lightening progress - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
lightening progress - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
lightening progress - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
lightening progress - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
lightening progress - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
lightening progress - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
lightening progress - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
lightening progress - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
lightening progress - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

1lightening progress - Page 4 Empty lightening progress Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:51 pm

Nubian

Nubian
Quiet Type
Quiet Type
First topic message reminder :

lightening progress my bumblebees........... please share?
hows your lightening coming along and what r you using please share?

76lightening progress - Page 4 Empty Re: lightening progress Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:25 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
GG,

I know it is expensive, but do you know of any products that contain deoxy arbutin ? I Keep hearing about the stuff but no mention of any products that actually contain it.

77lightening progress - Page 4 Empty Re: lightening progress Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:00 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Theres Prevage MD containing deoxy arbutin, but I'm unsure if they contain the amounts needed to lighten the skin in shades since it is marketed as a anti-aging treatment.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimthicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Pentylene Glycol, PEG-8, Glycerin, Phospholipids, Isopropyl Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Algae Extract, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate/VP Copolymer, Hydroxydecyl Ubiquinone, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, PPG-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium PCA, Trehalose, Urea, Polyphosphorylcholine Glycol Acrylate, Deoxyarbutin, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Sodium Acrylate/Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Polyquaternium-51, Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethylmethoxy Chromanol, Mica, Benzoic Acid, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Red 4 (CI 14700), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

$87; 30 ml /1 oz
I don't know..lol I'm a penny pincher

I have seen others, but I'll have to search for their sites and I'll post.

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

78lightening progress - Page 4 Empty Re: lightening progress Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:04 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
At that price and for 30 ml, That stuff better make me Super light, bright and tight LOL. I hear you, that as it is promoted for anti aging, you probably are not going to see anything remarkable in terms of lightening. The deoxy is fairly low down in the contents list so may be present in a fairly low quantity. Thanks for that though and let me know if you find anything else.

79lightening progress - Page 4 Empty Re: lightening progress Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:28 pm

mobster

mobster
Visitor
Visitor
Golden GIrl

tell me more about Cristialine 55+
I was thinking about purchasing it this month

80lightening progress - Page 4 Empty Re: lightening progress Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:02 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Mobster, I tried it once with minimal results. Works for some but reviews are mixed about it. If i try 55h+ again, it would be another of their products like one of the gel cremes.

Maharani, I know. I was like 1 small ounce almost $100 and no reviews of drmatic lightening...only way for me to get it is if is could naturally lighten me 2 shades in 1 day...lol. So it can last long.

81lightening progress - Page 4 Empty Re: lightening progress Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:06 pm

Kandiluv

Kandiluv
Accepted
Accepted
If Chrystalline works I would like to try this too, but I was trying to look for more reviews on this but I couldn't really find any. Prevage costs so much for so little, I wonder how well it can actually work though.

82lightening progress - Page 4 Empty Re: lightening progress Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:35 pm

skin lighten beauty

Accepted
Accepted
does the chrystaline gel work good?

83lightening progress - Page 4 Empty Re: lightening progress Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:00 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Like Golden Girl mentioned, the reviews are mixed and it may be one of those products that has to be tried out to see if it is for you. I would say that it has been mentioned that it has a greasy oily consistency so may not be suitable for you if you already have an oily skin type or you do not like that sort of consistency on your skin .

84lightening progress - Page 4 Empty Re: lightening progress Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:14 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Here is some further on the gel.

85lightening progress - Page 4 Empty Re: lightening progress Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:23 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Yes, that's the one. I remember receiving the large bottle of Cristaline, and I was so excited because of it's size. I received slight lightening within the several weeks of use. The Hq/Ra that I had started using a couple fo weeks after was already surpassing the lightening of the Cristaline glycerine I had used. I eventually discontinued using the rest of the bottle and switched to the hq/ra regimen. I still have the bottle and I plan to finish using it someday, but I would next time prefer trying maybe the exfoliating soap and 55h+ gel or creme.

Some users seem to have better success with it a good lightening. If the lightening was not as slow and slight, I would not have mind as much the heavy and greasy feel or the strong perfume smell.

86lightening progress - Page 4 Empty Re: lightening progress Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:29 pm

skin lighten beauty

Accepted
Accepted
I don't like the feel of grease lol. i'll hold off from using it then, I can't afford to waste any money right now in case it doesn't work for me. I'm going to try something else.

87lightening progress - Page 4 Empty Re: lightening progress Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:32 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Well the good thing is that you found out before you purchased. I have bought an incredible amount of products that I really wish someone had warned me about beforehand !!

88lightening progress - Page 4 Empty Re: lightening progress Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:14 pm

LiteNYellow

LiteNYellow
Accepted
Accepted
MAHARANI wrote:Well the good thing is that you found out before you purchased. I have bought an incredible amount of products that I really wish someone had warned me about beforehand !!

Maharani what other products did you try and which did you like best?

89lightening progress - Page 4 Empty Re: lightening progress Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:14 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Lite N Yellow,
the list of products that I have tried could go on and on and on.

My personal favourites are unfortunately either no longer available or permanently out of stock !! I loved the old herbalinn and also a product called dermabright by rosa skin care, but both are not an option anymore.

I also attained significant results using makari, but I also got very bad spots using it.I did try it agin at a later stage but the results just did not seem to match what I saw first time round. I am uncertain as to whether they have changed their formulation because of a lot of their customers complaining about the skin reaction problems.

Oh and maybe you already know about my love hate relationship with Fair & Flawless. I have attained significant results with their line but the results are not consistent. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not, for me.

Last edited by MAHARANI on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total

90lightening progress - Page 4 Empty Re: lightening progress Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:40 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
I recall hearing that the old HerbalInn was good, I wonder what they changed exactly. I also remember 2% sepiwhite being one of the ingredients listed on their site.

91lightening progress - Page 4 Empty Re: lightening progress Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:24 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
The old herbalinn ingredients are not entirely clear. They mainatined that it ws mostly B3 Niacinmide that gave that beautiful and I mean beautiful lightening. My Skin looked flawless and light and glowing. I actually was talking about this to someone and remember that I was asked whether I was mixed race. It was that good.
There was some talk that no "natural " product could produce such results and shortly after, the company just disappeared. So who knows what the truth was. I believe Trickshot tried to get the cream analysed but never came back with any information. All I know is that it never gave me spots, or skin problems and I had been using it for more than a year.

92lightening progress - Page 4 Empty Re: lightening progress Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:49 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Wow, must have been some really effective stuff then. I wonder what was their special ingredient that made them stop? Trickshot, the name says it all, maybe he was trying to check out all of his competition. So, the new Herbal Inn seem to be ineffective now?

93lightening progress - Page 4 Empty Re: lightening progress Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:44 pm

LiteNYellow

LiteNYellow
Accepted
Accepted
What were all of the ingredients as before? Has benzylarbutin been proven effective since that's what their popular for?

94lightening progress - Page 4 Empty Re: lightening progress Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:46 pm

LiteNYellow

LiteNYellow
Accepted
Accepted
MAHARANI wrote:Lite N Yellow,
the list of products that I have tried could go on and on and on.

My personal favourites are unfortunately either no longer available or permanently out of stock !! I loved the old herbalinn and also a product called dermabright by rosa skin care, but both are not an option anymore.

I also attained significant results using makari, but I also got very bad spots using it.I did try it agin at a later stage but the results just did not seem to match what I saw first time round. I am uncertain as to whether they have changed their formulation because of a lot of their customers complaining about the skin reaction problems.

Oh and maybe you already know about my love hate relationship with Fair & Flawless. I have attained significant results with their line but the results are not consistent. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not, for me.

Maybe so many products are going out of stock or hanging the formula because of the hydroquinone ingredient not being allowed in many areas.

95lightening progress - Page 4 Empty Re: lightening progress Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:28 pm

Bj

Bj
Accepted
Accepted
what's herbal inn?

96lightening progress - Page 4 Empty Re: lightening progress Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:25 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
LiteNYellow wrote:What were all of the ingredients as before? Has benzylarbutin been proven effective since that's what their popular for?

The old herbalinn is a completely different formulation from the current herbalinn which contains benzylarbutin and from the herbalinn that was being sold by Salha.

Basically they cashed in on the name, knowing that everyone was looking for a replacement for the original product that disappeared. Fortunately, it wasn't too long before people realised that it was not the same product in any shape or form. The benzylarbutin product, although I have seen a couple of people say that it worked for them, for the majority it is not effective and cannot compare to the original product.

97lightening progress - Page 4 Empty Re: lightening progress Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:29 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Bj wrote:what's herbal inn?

It was a skin lightening cream that gave very significant lightening. Unfortunately it is no longer available, as the company disappeared. But in it's time it was very very popular.

There is another company selling their version of herbalinn, but this product in my opinion, is ineffective.

98lightening progress - Page 4 Empty Re: lightening progress Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:40 pm

Indigo

Indigo
Visitor
Visitor
I have had pretty good results. For instance the cosmetic brand I use has shades in three color families Fair, Medium, and Dark. I have transitioned about four makeup shades which brought me from the dark range of tones to the medium tones, over a time line of 2 months.

Firstly, it is important to detox your body as it give you the foundation for lighting. I would recommend looking into Ayurvedic treatments. Make changes to you to diet and drink plenty of water. The vitamins that I take are Vitamin C 1000mg with Rose Hips ( about 3 a day) and Triphala ( 2 a day). Here's a link to some information about Triphala.

Soap:
Palmers Cocoa Butter Soap
or Oxy Face Wash ( I find that this facial soap works well in conjunction with gycolic peels)

Exfoliator:
St. Ives Naturally Clear Apricot Scrub ( blemish & blackhead control)
Facial Cleansing Sponge made by Fusion Sense

Peels:
35 % gycolic acid
or
50 % gycolic gel peel
if you are just starting out with peels I recomend using the gel form because they are less abrasive in my experiences. Sidenote: I have tried Microdermabresion and TCA peels with no luck. These two methods did not even lift pigmentation spots.

Creams:
6% HQ

Sunblock:
Banana Sport Sport Performance spf /uvb 100
This stuff gets greasy I recommend this on the body.

Sun Pals spf/uva/uvb 45 on my face

The litttle Extras:
I have oily skin so I use Burts Bees Tomato astringent when my face feels oily.

Hope this helps.

99lightening progress - Page 4 Empty Re: lightening progress Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:49 pm

Kandiluv

Kandiluv
Accepted
Accepted
Thanks Indigo, I'm glad you have found ways to further progress. Do you know any good Ayurvedic treatments for the body? I heard detoxing is good for removing impurities. And how long or how often should they be done?
What are the ingredients in Oxy Face Wash?

100lightening progress - Page 4 Empty Re: lightening progress Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:50 pm

Kandiluv

Kandiluv
Accepted
Accepted
Is the Burts bees tomato astringent similar to a toner?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com