The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 6 of 10]

1My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 6 Empty My Lactic Acid Experience Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:02 am

Yasmynn

Yasmynn
Visitor
Visitor
First topic message reminder :

Ok. I received my lactic acid about a week ago from lotioncrafters. It came in 2 days!! Quick shipping! Anyway, I'm still watining for my mequinol and Retin A.
I applied the lactic acid last night. My skin is really resistant so I did a test with pure lactic acid and I didn't feel a thing. So, I put it on my face and neck with a wet towel. 88%. It tingled very little. It seemed a bit oily and when it dried, it felt kind of rubbery. The next day the right side of my face started peeling alot. No peeling on the left. But I had already significantly lightened from Makari and Nadinola, I didn't think I would see a big difference, but it is at least a full shade lighter where my skin peeled. The new skin had a supple glow to it. Oh, I forgot to add that I applied more makari/nadinola about 5 hours later. (after the LA dried).
So far so good. I reapplied to the the left side of my face that hasn't peeled. I look two colors. lol [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Some of it got on the area that had already peeled and I had to immediately get it off of that area b/c it burned like [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . So don't apply this to any peeled areas or open.
I plan to start on my body tomorrow. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

126My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:29 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I was thinking about that, which makes me think of using make up pads like what you would use to wipe off makeup. Or I could use a Q-tip I suppose....

127My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:30 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Using a paint brush with soft bristles means you are not wasting a lot of the solution and it also allows you to cover larger areas relatively quickly. For the face, the small fan brush is fine or for very small areas, I have used a cotton bud

128My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:33 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Some companies also suggest that a gauze pad can also be used, but again this can absorb more solution than you would with a brush.

129My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:38 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
PorcelainSkin,

Most companies do provide instructions on how to apply, but if in doubt there is further info on page 2, I think, about how to carry out the peel. If in doubt, once you get it, you are more than welcome to ask again.

The key is to make sure that you only leave it on for a short period intially 2/3 minutes, maximum and thoroughly neutralise once the time is up.

130My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:50 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ok, on the outside of my face right were my hairline is and at the top of my forehead,it is lighter, and instead of fading to it's original darker color, it just jumps from one shade to another, the camera does not pick this up well but i hope you can see it.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

131My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:51 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
aww no, i posted in the wrong one

132My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:52 pm

chytown

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
Has anyone had success in lightning their elbows and underarm areas? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

133My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:03 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
welcome chytown, i herd underarms lighten the fastest but i don't know not that far yet, how about you have you had success lightening elbow and underarms

134My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:25 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I know the elbows and knees can be the hardest to lighten and I believe some use a stronger ret a strength on their knees and elbows or peels.

135My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:01 pm

chytown

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I've never used products to lighten my underarm and elbow areas...however it is worth a try,considering that my color is similar to that of Vanessa Williams,I wear long sleeves all the time!!!!...just to cover these dark elbows!I so want my elbows to be the same color as the rest of my body!So retin-a here I come!!!!

136My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:19 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
will the lactic acid peels help with dark elbows and knees especially if i leave it on for longer than the other body parts? will the dark skin actually peel off?

137My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:23 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Ret a alone doesn't lighten, or I don't think it does. It helps the hq or mq penetrate the skin.

138My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:03 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
PorcelainSkin wrote:will the lactic acid peels help with dark elbows and knees especially if i leave it on for longer than the other body parts? will the dark skin actually peel off?

yeah it will help a lot, the dark skin should start to peel yes a little at a time

139My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:31 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
great, thanks guys!!

140My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:30 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
Yasmynn I am thinking about doing a peel but wanted to know if it hurts. I am a bit of a chicken when it comes to pain lol.

141My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:23 am

Yasmynn

Yasmynn
Visitor
Visitor
Well I did a big nono and used the 88% without diluting and it stung just a little. I don't recommend doing this unless it's your elbows, knees or knuckles. Dilute it with something. But if you put it on dry skin, you'll be fine. The most you'll feel is tingling.

142My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:04 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Yasmynn wrote:Well I did a big nono and used the 88% without diluting and it stung just a little. I don't recommend doing this unless it's your elbows, knees or knuckles. Dilute it with something. But if you put it on dry skin, you'll be fine. The most you'll feel is tingling.

Hey, thanks for the info. I wanted to know, I've already ordered my lactic acid, so can I apply the 88% on knees and elbows, and then dilute it to about 40% for the rest of the sun-damaged skin? How quickly will I see peeling if i apply it once a week for a month? (thats 4 times in total).

143My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:57 am

Yasmynn

Yasmynn
Visitor
Visitor
I saw peeling on day three. Alot of peeling! Diluting, it may take a little longer. I'm not sure as I have just started another peel for the second time at 40% yesterday, so I'll let you know.

144My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:02 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Yasmynn wrote:I saw peeling on day three. Alot of peeling! Diluting, it may take a little longer. I'm not sure as I have just started another peel for the second time at 40% yesterday, so I'll let you know.

So you saw peeling using the 88% lactic acid? Where did u apply it? Were you happy with the results of the peeling?? Did it leave smoother skin?

145My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:24 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Hey guys, I have just received my lactic acid today and super excited to start using it. Any last tips?

146My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:36 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
my fingers crossed for you. It will be the next thing I buy, so please let me know how you find it.

147My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:11 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
KIM wrote:my fingers crossed for you. It will be the next thing I buy, so please let me know how you find it.

Hi Kim,

Great to meet you. Will definitely keep you posted. Super excited!!

148My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:53 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
PorcelainSkin,

Most important thing to do, is the patch test to check for sensitivity. Try on a small area like the inner wrist, as you plan to only use it on your body. Then wait at least 24 hours to see how you react. My Fingers are also crossed and I am looking forward to seeing how you find this. Very Happy

149My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:07 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Do I do the patch after I take my shower at night for instance? And then wake up in the morning and take another shower and then see? Or will it rub off or won't it make a difference? Maharani, please check your inbox hun. Thanks

150My Lactic Acid Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Lactic Acid Experience Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:15 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Will do.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com